AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-02-12, 09:09   Link #841
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
the model of Cornalia KMF is out. I think I post up a pic sometime before in speculation trend.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 09:13   Link #842
ashlay
the red string of fate

remember how many times the term 'ugly' has been used to describe the knightmare frames in this show?

despite geass' popularity, they can probably still make more profits selling abominable freedoms, now with 2-3 more master grade kits. -_-b

not to mention there's that whole pizza hut thing. maybe they're just letting that take care of their secondary profits. after all, it certainly appears more often than the knightmares do. 0_o
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 09:26   Link #843
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ask and ye shall receive...Lancelot.

There used to be a second scan on my HD but I dunno where in the nine hells it wandered off to...gah. Good thing I'm replacing my primary HD with a 250Gb unit tomorrow and I'm going to reorganize everything. *looks up to watch for a proverbial falling sandbag*
Old 2007-02-12, 17:55   Link #844
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Ask and ye shall receive...Lancelot.

There used to be a second scan on my HD but I dunno where in the nine hells it wandered off to...gah. Good thing I'm replacing my primary HD with a 250Gb unit tomorrow and I'm going to reorganize everything. *looks up to watch for a proverbial falling sandbag*
I am aware of Lancelot, though not Cornelia's unit... But still, my point is a lack of desire to promote these models. I certainly haven't seen these kits anywhere.
Old 2007-02-12, 19:58   Link #845
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ thats just the scheme to play "limited stock" and get everyone hyped up dont fall into their trap!
id must say ~ lancelot looks quite sexy despite the overgrown pilot area sticking 100meters from the back i cant wait to see it painted ~ hopefully it can be mass produced from someone with a lack of painting skills (meme >.<)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 22:07   Link #846
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
So basically what you're saying is that GG is wrong and you're correct? No offense, but can someone else listen to the episode and offer a 2nd opinion?
"Jya, Eleven to yatte miru kara? Orera Britannia-jin to chigatte" - I really wonder how can you translate it any differently if you do know that Elevens are the name of the ex-japanese. Mind you, a lot of names were butchered in the first releases, poor general Padre being the prime example.

Quote:
As for Rivalz, here's why I think he's not an 11. For one thing, he's in the student council and it wasn't cause Lelouch vouched for him. 2ndly, we've never seen Nina freak out around him or any of the other britainnians at the school. 3rdly, he knows a lot of the nobles for a supposed '11'.
We haven't seen much of him at all, and out of all the student council members he's the only one doing manual work as a bartender and Lelouch's driver.
As for Nina being OK around him it's just that she already knows him well. We can also see that she is not cowering in fear of Suzaku anymore.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 22:15   Link #847
flou
That's no lady

Rivalz is not Japanese. When he made that statement he was basically saying if you don't want to play the nobles, then why don't you play the Elevens. You're just interpreting his words weirdly.
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 22:15   Link #848
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Wrong...thread....

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 22:31   Link #849
SinsI

flow, is that what you know, or is that just your IMHO?
First he says "Want to play Eleven next?", after that he says "We are different from Britannians", what exactly am I interpreting wrong?
The only other way it can be translated is that he and Lelouch (and thus, Orera is for him and Lulu and not for him and Elevens) are different from <ordinary> Britannians, but I don't think it's so since these two phrases are following one another and his intonation shows no separation between them, and Lelouch is a Britannian.

Last edited by SinsI; 2007-02-14 at 00:02.
Old 2007-02-13, 22:35   Link #850
ashlay
the red string of fate

I'm guessing the suggestion in this case is that Rival said "ore ha" instead of "orera", and since he never finished his statement (he got distracted by the clovis announcement), he was supposed to have something along the lines of:
"I hear that they're different from britannians"

edit: look, without an actual dvd japanese subtitle/official script of the first episode, this is only going to become pointless arguing. (actually, probably still would be 0_o) we should all probably just leave it at your post, or its just going to be "I heard ____"/"he meant to say ____".

Last edited by ashlay; 2007-02-13 at 22:55.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 22:42   Link #851
SinsI

No, it's clearly "orera". And since it's so, the ending is not that important - the important part is that he groups himself with the Eleven.
Of course, I can be wrong - I'm not a native speaker.
Old 2007-02-14, 02:42   Link #852
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I would never have been able to guess that you're not, since you're so insistent upon it.

Or he could simply have said he would set the noble up with a Britainnian. Still would have started with ore wa *if that was the case* or he could have said 'We britainnians may be too much of a challenge for you' to the noble. Either way, it's still speculation, just like how you're speculating Rival is an 11.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 02:08   Link #853
zoozoc
Anime is my drug....

Not sure if anyone mention this, but Nanaly shouldn't be blind. The setting is sometime in the future and they should easily have developed some artificial eyes. In fact they already have something sorta like that (though it isnt perfect). Not that its that important, but its just been something thats been bothering me, and i can be a bit picky about that kind of stuff. Of course it would be a different story if her brain was damanged, but i doubt that.
zoozoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 02:28   Link #854
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
I think its already stated in the story that Nanaly's blindness is not physical but due to mental stress of seeing her mom got killed. So when she is strong enough to face the world again, she will see :3.
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 02:31   Link #855
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoozoc View Post
Not sure if anyone mention this, but Nanaly shouldn't be blind. The setting is sometime in the future and they should easily have developed some artificial eyes. In fact they already have something sorta like that (though it isnt perfect). Not that its that important, but its just been something thats been bothering me, and i can be a bit picky about that kind of stuff. Of course it would be a different story if her brain was damanged, but i doubt that.
Actually, there is very few evidence that the Code Geass universe is sometime in the future either technologically or chronologically. There are advanced weapons, but they could be explained by a lack of peace due to Britannian military expansion over decades or even centuries. The existence of Sakuradite also could explain the existence of weapons impossible in our world, as we don't have the room-temperature super conductors that they have.

Further, I think someone calculated that chronologically the Code Geass universe might be 50 or 100 years behind ours... Don't remember the source though. We now know the time-line split occurred way back in the days of the Romans, so it's not that surprising if there are technological differences.

Either way, no where did it claim Code Geass is set in the future.
Old 2007-02-21, 03:48   Link #856
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

That might be me, VCV - I did the math a while ago.

Assuming that the Roman invasion of Britain by Julius Caesar did happen at the same year as in our timeline, it'd make - provided the Celtic tribes there didn't take much time electing their superleader - the birth of Britannia in 55 B.C. since the next Roman attempt, IIRC, took place in 54 B.C. Which means that 55 B.C. = Year 1 A.T.B. (Ascension Throne Britannia)...or Year 0.

Since the invasion of Japan occurred in 2010 A.T.B. it means that it happened in -55 + 2010 = 1955.

In other words, 2010 A.T.B more or less equals 1955 A.D.

The Code Geass events (according to ep1) take place in 2017 ATB, seven years after the onslaught, so 1955 + 7 = 1962, as -55 + 2017 = 1962.

2017 A.T.B. = 1962 A.D.

So yep, compared to our world, the CG universe saw technological quantum leaps. Heck, the Japanese even had Kongo-class missile cruisers (heavy offshoots of the Aegis-equipped, American Arleigh Burke missile destroyer class) in 1955....
I can only imagine when did those WWI-era Mark I tanks (seen in the C.C. flashback picture) appear...O_O

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-02-21 at 05:38.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 07:39   Link #857
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Maybe in their 17th century ... xD
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 10:58   Link #858
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Most probably during the 19th's second half...but then again with the completely different geopolitics, one should wonder how far they've gotten, technologically speaking. War is supposed to spark progress, which makes me wonder if they didn't evolve faster due to needs for better armaments and such - Britannia's belligerent tendencies fanning the flames even faster.

In 2017 years, a lot of things can happen, after all. But I guess that since 2017 A.T.B. = 1962 A.D., drawing parallels between the two timelines is quite tendentious, as I guess lots of characters, social changes and events (Cromwell, the Hundred Years War, invasion of England by Normans and William the Conqueror, War of the Roses, rise of Protestantism) might not have occurred.
Old 2007-02-21, 19:00   Link #859
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hmm i think this thread is the next best place to put this ~ just found this MAD on youtube and just had to share ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rim-Sor2d0

not the best but certainaly its touching...(poor shirley) and i wonder if anyone knows the name of the song

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 19:10   Link #860
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've only ever watched MAD's music videos, and the link posted above shows why. Yet another powerful AMV by them, though its no way near toping there F/SN work. :3