AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-13, 21:52   Link #2101
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

^ Believe it or not, it's a saying I came up with based on a certain real life experience (involving cake). ...but that would be going off-topic.

Thanks again Yot-chan for everything~!
Old 2009-06-13, 22:01   Link #2102
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Well, I have learned my lesson. I shall never eat cake unless I know who baked...(metaphorically speaking that is ).
Agreed. I'm just annoyed that I had to spend more than thirty buck (for the Famitsu Magazine and for the Studio Nue Entertainment Bibles) and quite a few hours just to find out it's all made up.

The thing is, I've never seen anyone just create interviews and things whole cloth before...not for something like Macross.

Most fans spreading information are doing it out of a desire to educate, not deceive. Hell, that's why Magnuskn undertook the task of translating the liner notes into English. It makes me kind of sad that we now have to be suspicious of people who share stuff that they've read and taken the time to translate.

Certainly, I've done a fair bit of translating for Macross, and it bugs me that I'm probably going to have to provide scans of everything from now on...
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 23:52   Link #2103
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
He's leaving a pretty bad taste in my mouth at the moment -_-
Oy, are you eating the guy? Isn't that a bit much?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 00:23   Link #2104
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Oy, are you eating the guy? Isn't that a bit much?
Well I ate his fabricated information and now I'm regretting it.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 07:00   Link #2105
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Thank you Yot-chan for revealing the truth~ This teach us not to just figuratively eat the infos no matter how juicy it is if there is no backup info provided :'D And raile, that cake experience must have come with a lot of failure from your side, isn't it

Anyways, I really, really hope for the best for your translation works for Famitsu's interview. Notice that Takky being the lazy bum he is would not move his ass unless of course if he were "persuaded" by l_w or Dexxy... So we are really grateful for your effort to translate the whole interview!

P.S No Takky, don't give me that accusing glare that say that I am so lazy too or how "broad-minded" I am You know I'm such a lazy fangirl to the point that I ranted my games with riddles *whistles*

/goes back to MIA state for her fangirl self sake |D

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 08:21   Link #2106
Father Hentai

Did I miss something/a lot the last couple of weeks? I was too lazy to watch here and also had some work to do that I was not able to read through everything.
Old 2009-06-14, 08:54   Link #2107
justavisitor

@Father Hentai

To sum it up in one sentence...Ohnogi never gets involved in Macross Frontier!!! (except episode 10 because that's a Macross Zero related episode)

One more sentence: Some of the linear notes we read before maybe untrue!!!

Ok one more sentence: Thanks to Yot-chan and magnuskn and bishopcruz, the truth about Ohnogi and MF is finally revealed

lol one more sentence: there is not much news about the MF movie

clear??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet

Last edited by justavisitor; 2009-06-14 at 19:15.
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 09:27   Link #2108
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Those were a lot of "one sentences", bub...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 18:14   Link #2109
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
One more sentence: All the linear notes we read before are fake!!!
Not all of it...some of the information is definitely true, and some more *may* be true. Only Shaloom knows for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Ok one more sentence: Thanks to Yot-chan and magnuskn, the truth about Ohnogi and MF is finally revealed
Don't forget bishopcruz! He and I were PM'ing each other furiously about this, pooling our efforts to find out what the deal was. He did A LOT of research, for example, to find out which issue of Famitsu had the Kawamori interview.
Old 2009-06-14, 19:16   Link #2110
justavisitor

@Yot-chan

thanks for the correction, I edit my post already
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 21:29   Link #2111
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Okay...Shaloom has been contacted. What happens next is anybody's guess.
Old 2009-06-14, 21:32   Link #2112
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Okay...Shaloom has been contacted. What happens next is anybody's guess.
My guess is that either he ignores you completely and somebody goes on there that can type in spanish fluently to expose him, or he responds with another lie

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-06-15, 00:33   Link #2113
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Hmmm...

It would appear the Macross fandom will be in for a big showdown. *strokes beard thoughtfully* What a way to wake up a sleeping fandom.

Yot-Chan, post your essay and compilations here once you've got the last two parts done.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 00:40   Link #2114
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Hmmm...

It would appear the Macross fandom will be in for a big showdown. *strokes beard thoughtfully* What a way to wake up a sleeping fandom.

Yot-Chan, post your essay and compilations here once you've got the last two parts done.
Matte...you have a beard?...

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-06-15, 00:53   Link #2115
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Hmmm...

I really DON'T want a site war, among ANY of the sites involved (and yes, it's more than just three...I also got a PM from someone at MyAnimeList who's taken an interest in the proceedings).

And sure, I'll post my essay here when everything's done. I've already pretty much said everything I was saving for the final two parts, so it's really just a matter of gathering it all together, arranging it coherently, and finishing up the translations of Kawamori's episode commentary and the Famitsu interview (I may just summarize the latter, however).

It'll take some time, though. I'm getting behind on my REAL project: the fansubs for the remastered version of SDFM and the associated novels, comics, and drama albums.
Old 2009-06-15, 02:05   Link #2116
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

By the way...a question:

All of this stuff about how Sheryl was originally supposed to be like Ranka's big sister, and that her role was supposed to be small...where did that come from? Did anyone know the source?
Old 2009-06-15, 02:24   Link #2117
magnuskn

Quote:
By the way...a question:

All of this stuff about how Sheryl was originally supposed to be like Ranka's big sister, and that her role was supposed to be small...where did that come from? Did anyone know the source?
I think those were genuine, we had a picture of the "original" triangle between Alto, Ranka and Brera.
Old 2009-06-15, 03:55   Link #2118
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
By the way...a question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I think those were genuine, we had a picture of the "original" triangle between Alto, Ranka and Brera.
Wait a minute, magnuskn, I'm not too sure on the Sheryl was supposed to be a big sister part. I know though the part where she was not supposed to have large role comes from stray's translation helped with cheesie and I notice it was from... Famitsu? He seems to also translate it from Macross Generations too... So... Sweatdrop? Perhaps uhhh... Yot-chan may give light to this?

However, as for the triangle between AltoxRankaxBrera in the initial planning, it seems it was genuine, since it comes from Presepe's interview with Kawamori as the source (on the Character part-the comment on Brera's character: "ランカを中心としたアルトとブレラの三角関係の一人"). However this doesn't have the excerpt that Sheryl was supposed to be a big sister as far as my fast reading on Sheryl's "Kawamori comments" nor the interview with Kawamori go. Or I might miss that one info. Or that my brain tells me that it's only implied. Blergh.

(From my short (... Or not, since I have been following Presepe from quite long time it seems) experience with Presepe, they do contain genuine information as far as "Next Episode" info goes, and they do have informations from a lot of studio themselves)

... Bah. I know I should have gone MIA already. But har har, things happen and I don't want to rip my hair 'till I get bald. Damn it. :E

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2009-06-15 at 04:10. Reason: Added details because... Yah.
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 04:22   Link #2119
magnuskn

Y'know, if the lasting legacy of Shalooms fan-fiction is that we canīt ever be sure what part of our information is genuine and what is not, I am going to be even more pissed.
Old 2009-06-15, 04:23   Link #2120
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

^ Sigh, and you went through such efforts.

Tags
action, romance