AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-23, 16:32   Link #1
LCeh

Cross Game

Baseball manga by Mitsuru Adachi.

As always, series by Adachi are always very heart warming. Reading his manga always makes me think of my childhood memories as well. If you guys have read his works before, you will know what to expect, if you haven't, then you are in for something really good.

I have read quite a few of his works, but I think this one in particular is quite good. I highly recommend you guys to give this one a try. He has a way with dialogues that just make you smile.

It's currently still ongoing, with 114 chapters out. (well, that's how many I have read)
Old 2008-02-23, 18:20   Link #2
ZODDGUTS

I'm enjoying this manga as well really surprised by that twist that happen early on and the current twist that recently happened as well. I wonder if Aoba hads had any feelings for Koh hard to tell with the way she acts.

Anyways hope this series gets animated it's popular enough since it makes it in the top ten most bough manga in Japan when each volume is released. Hopefully they'll animated all of it like Touch something that they didn't do for H2.
Old 2008-02-23, 18:25   Link #3
LCeh

That early twist hit me pretty hard. I couldn't believe what happened and was shellshocked for a good while. The current twist is a really welcomed one though.

And H2 was just very long, it's very hard to animate the entirety a story that long.
Old 2008-02-23, 20:08   Link #4
ZODDGUTS

True H2 manga was long but so was Touch. Major manga is pretty long as well and yet their animating it there's three seasons currently so they can do this as well with Cross Game. There's 10 vol's or so of the manga right now so I guess they can wait two more years and then start animating it so that they'll have enough to make a long running anime series.

And yes that twist early on was a shocker took me awhile to get over it.
Old 2008-02-25, 15:36   Link #5
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I like how this is going. I don't even care who he ends up with this time. Both girls are cool. :O
Old 2008-03-02, 16:01   Link #6
RPNS

Good manga from one of the greats.
Old 2008-03-03, 00:03   Link #7
wuqing888

adachi fan

hey i was wondering if anyone would know where to download cross game anime. I tried googling it but nothing came up for torrent files. I recently started reading adachis mangas and would really like to watch this one. if anyone knows where i can download it please let me know. thanks
Old 2008-03-03, 00:32   Link #8
LCeh

You can't find its anime because it's not made yet. There is no news whether one is going to made either.

But from my experience with Adachi's works, this feels like it's going to be a relatively long series (ie 20+ volumes), so who knows whether an anime will be made later on.
Old 2008-03-03, 00:38   Link #9
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

CG is one work that had me torn.

Personally, I like it the best out of all Adachi works, simply because all the characters, to me, are more endearing overall, but at the same time, I don't know if it's because coming off Katsu or something, the subtlety is both making me walk the border of love it and not, simply because I loved the 'atmosphere' of CG, which is half-heartedly supported by the fact that romance is not really a factor here, but at the same time, I want to see something happen. They're going their 3rd year now, and I doubt the story will progress beyond that... unless Adachi wants it to continue till the 'birthday with the engagement ring'.

And then... sorry for saying this, but I had a dream of CG ending with him commiting suicide.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-03-03, 01:24   Link #10
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
CG is one work that had me torn.

Personally, I like it the best out of all Adachi works, simply because all the characters, to me, are more endearing overall, but at the same time, I don't know if it's because coming off Katsu or something, the subtlety is both making me walk the border of love it and not, simply because I loved the 'atmosphere' of CG, which is half-heartedly supported by the fact that romance is not really a factor here, but at the same time, I want to see something happen. They're going their 3rd year now, and I doubt the story will progress beyond that... unless Adachi wants it to continue till the 'birthday with the engagement ring'.
Katsu! is one of the few Adachi works that actually had a pronounced romance plot line, and if you are looking for something similar here, for sure you will be disappointed. But then it's actually interesting for him to actually introduce such a significant love rival so far into the story, which is something that I don't think he has done before. So it will be interesting to see where he takes this triangle relationship.

Quote:
And then... sorry for saying this, but I had a dream of CG ending with him commiting suicide.
LOL good to know that this is not likely to happen to the main male athlete in an Adachi manga.
Old 2008-03-06, 20:24   Link #11
LCeh

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-06, 21:13   Link #12
wuqing888

its seems that only Akane understand whats really going on between Aoba and Koh, and its seems like its going to be a long while before anything actually develops between the two of them. Kinda makes wonder whats going to happen between the three of them.

Last edited by wuqing888; 2008-03-06 at 21:15. Reason: possible spoiler
Old 2008-03-06, 21:28   Link #13
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuqing888 View Post
its seems that only Akane understand whats really going on between Aoba and Koh, and its seems like its going to be a long while before anything actually develops between the two of them. Kinda makes wonder whats going to happen between the three of them.
Yes, and as I said, I don't think Adachi has introduced such an important character like Akane so late in a series before, so it makes it harder to predict how this triangle relationship will work out in the end.

Right now my money's still on AobaxKoh though.
Old 2008-03-07, 00:16   Link #14
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
The day Koh will end up with Akane will be the day the world will end.

Although I like a Koh x Akane pairing. It is impossible. Because Adachi's style is always stick to the main pair(Evident in H2, Rough and other works).

Its strongly evident in H2. No matter how close the main lead and the main female is. As long as they have their individual pair. They would never be together.

Meh reminds me of a quote from Proposal Daisakusen... "They say that you should marry the one who you love 2nd the most". H2 has been an emotional train wreck for me.
Old 2008-03-07, 00:22   Link #15
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I dunno, I think Azuma's not completely oblivious to the AobaKoh chemistry, which of course, doesn't stop him from making his own move.

I think he would kindly bow out when it comes to the time.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-03-07, 00:27   Link #16
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
The day Koh will end up with Akane will be the day the world will end.

Although I like a Koh x Akane pairing. It is impossible. Because Adachi's style is always stick to the main pair(Evident in H2, Rough and other works).

Its strongly evident in H2. No matter how close the main lead and the main female is. As long as they have their individual pair. They would never be together.

Meh reminds me of a quote from Proposal Daisakusen... "They say that you should marry the one who you love 2nd the most". H2 has been an emotional train wreck for me.
I never quite understood the way the relationship was dealt with in H2. I had always thought the main pairing was the main male and the main female, but she ended up with the main guy's best friend. Took me totally by surprise, since I thought she was going to pick the main guy at the end, and throughout the story, she seemed to show signs that she was just committed to the best friend but deep down she liked the main guy more. That's the reason I didn't enjoy H2 all that much, since the ending pretty much ruined it for me.

As for right now, the main pairing is probably Aoba x Koh, but I wouldn't count Akane out just yet, and she is still a relatively new character so we will have to see where Adachi takes it from here.

And argh, I certainly hope this series will have more closure than proposal daisukusen did.
Old 2008-03-07, 06:18   Link #17
nadare

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
I never quite understood the way the relationship was dealt with in H2. I had always thought the main pairing was the main male and the main female, but she ended up with the main guy's best friend. Took me totally by surprise, since I thought she was going to pick the main guy at the end, and throughout the story, she seemed to show signs that she was just committed to the best friend but deep down she liked the main guy more. That's the reason I didn't enjoy H2 all that much, since the ending pretty much ruined it for me.

As for right now, the main pairing is probably Aoba x Koh, but I wouldn't count Akane out just yet, and she is still a relatively new character so we will have to see where Adachi takes it from here.

And argh, I certainly hope this series will have more closure than proposal daisukusen did.
Spoiler for Warning HUGE spoilers on Adachi works:
Old 2008-03-07, 09:54   Link #18
LCeh

Quote:
Spoiler for Warning HUGE spoilers on Adachi works:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-07, 09:59   Link #19
nadare

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Edit: Wait... I thought Cross Game is up to 105 chapters currently. Is it really 116+? o_O
Old 2008-03-07, 10:04   Link #20
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
I dunno, I think Azuma's not completely oblivious to the AobaKoh chemistry, which of course, doesn't stop him from making his own move.

I think he would kindly bow out when it comes to the time.
Yeah unlike Hideo. I don't think Azuma is the type to scream "I need you." Azuma seems to have told himself don't go in to deep. Though he can't help himself to spice things a little up. Akane seems to be same type. Such nice side characters we have this time. :O

Quote:
Edit: Wait... I thought Cross Game is up to 105 chapters currently. Is it really 116+? o_O
I was thinking the same. Did koh really no visit aoba over 10 chapters. o_O
Closed Thread

Tags
mitsuru adachi, shounen