AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-07-04, 13:46   Link #61
DJ*

Wait... so the Juubi doesn't need great power to be controlled? A half (and that's being generous) dead nin can still take it in?

Also, what happened to it's final transformation?
Old 2013-07-04, 14:51   Link #62
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
well i'm not sure how this is even a debate but he is certainly a genius no matter how you slice it. ...
I meant "genius" in an intellectual way, not as a measure of his skills and abilities that he obtained in different ways. Having a good eye, a good bloodline, lots of chakra, or even extreme talent in a special field (as Naruto has with natural energy, the sage stuff) does not mean he is intellectually a genius. Same goes for Obito even if it's to a lesser extent, i mean Obito is nowhere as dumb as sometimes Naruto is (counting animal penises and such)
Here my original point was that Kakashi is simply smarter than him when it comes to analyzing the enemy or the enemy's jutsu or tactics. Obito got a huge amount of powers and knowledge from Madara for free. You see the difference between Obito and Minato's level of intellect when they fight, despite the fact that Minato didn't know anything about his enemy and was caught off guard - while Obito knew quite a lot about his former sensei and also had all those new godlike powers - Minato beat him in a few minutes. We saw in that fight how fast Minato analyzed his enemy and chose a winning strategy.

Quote:
the effect hashirama's cells has on sharingan techniques was explained during danzo's fight with sasuke. they improve their capability. it's a fact
It explained that the cells enhance the duration of the jutsu but it was never said that they prevent blindness. If we went further with that logic then it should even be possible to use izanagi and izanami without losing the rinnegan eye. Obito now has a rinnegan eye but he did nothing with it (except some lesser stuff that's nowhere near the power that Nagato showed us). His corpses were even tailed-beast powered, so imagine a shinra tensei done with that amount of chakra.

Or it could be the oppsite: since the cells enhance the power of the eye they could also as a side effect make you lose your eyesight faster.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 15:36   Link #63
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
You see the difference between Obito and Minato's level of intellect when they fight, despite the fact that Minato didn't know anything about his enemy and was caught off guard - while Obito knew quite a lot about his former sensei and also had all those new godlike powers - Minato beat him in a few minutes. We saw in that fight how fast Minato analyzed his enemy and chose a winning strategy.
i agree minato is quicker about everything than obito, but i would still call obito a genius. he managed to outsmart itachi within such close contact over a long period of time. it's true that obito learned a lot of what he knows from madara and black zetsu (presumably), but the same could be said about minato learning a lot from kushina and the uzumaki shrine (presumably). when it comes to a straight up fight as we saw, they both resorted to their space/time technique 1 trick pony shows
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 15:59   Link #64
Monster0

How does obito do it?

Through sheer Rin driving will power.The flash back images we seen this chapter shows how his Rinness can even break Madara's power on him.Rin keeps him going and Kakashi is a part of that.So for the sake of Rin he will not fail.I think it's funny and enjoy it very much.
I also enjoy Madara's funny quirk of hating mr perfect Hashirama.Nothing else bothers him,the world coming to an end "oh well".But look at that Hashirama with all his do gooder BS attitude grrr.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 20:02   Link #65
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Am I the only one, or do any of you also get confused for the last few chapters? First it looked like Naruto tried to stop Sasuke from attacking then suddenly Obito came back completely fine from his fight against Kakashi that Obito was supposed to have lost, then Minato uses his "god-flash-jutsu" and appears next to Obito... but suddenly Naruto is not seen anymore and we see Minato and Sasuke next to each other. THEN Naruto suddenly reappers next to both of them again (after we see a short scene with Harashima and Madara)... what is going on here? It is almost as if Kishimoto would take some unknown drugs for the last few chapters...
Old 2013-07-04, 23:13   Link #66
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

It's pretty much confirmed

"My fellow Judas...are you sure that's enough to bring an end to this war?"

Sasuke will betray them.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 01:46   Link #67
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Dang, Story finally got interesting. If only Obito wasn't such an awful villain.
Old 2013-07-05, 07:30   Link #68
JustRob

I think a lot of people are underestimating Obito's emotional pain. He was in love with a girl who didn't want him, but instead was in love with his comrade who treated him like an outcast. And then when Obito and Kakashi finally do become friends, he witnesses his friend murdering the girl that was everything to him in cold blood. Any normal person would be traumatized for the rest of their life.
Old 2013-07-05, 21:00   Link #69
GusGus

^In the end Obito's motivations are not worse than Pain's or even Orochimaru's who wanted to destroy Konoha just for the hell of it.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 03:03   Link #70
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
How does obito do it?

Through sheer Rin driving will power.The flash back images we seen this chapter shows how his Rinness can even break Madara's power on him.Rin keeps him going and Kakashi is a part of that.So for the sake of Rin he will not fail.I think it's funny and enjoy it very much.
No coincidence it's called 'Rinegan'.
Old 2013-07-06, 05:51   Link #71
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
i agree minato is quicker about everything than obito, but i would still call obito a genius.
That's ok, i was comparing him to Kakashi and such, it's only in that relative situation the he's not as smart as them in battle situations. One thing that confirms what you say in this chapter is how Minato tells to Obito that he could have been hokage and that Minato did see the great potential in Obito despite how bad his performance was compared to Kakashi's at that young age. Of course one could argue that Minato's faith in Obito and Naruto was not based on facts but purely on feelings

Quote:
he managed to outsmart itachi within such close contact over a long period of time.
I wouldn't call that outsmarting, it was simply his huge advantage of knowing secrets that Itachi didn't. I still think Itachi outsmarted Obito in every way he could based on his knowledge: he planted amaterasu in Sasuke's eye assuming Obito would approach Sasuke to corrupt him, he planted Shisui's eye in Naruto assuming that Obito would lead Sasuke to fight against Naruto in which case Sasuke would be subverted to Konoha's side and attack Obito.
When you have the upper hand based on some secret knowledge i don't have then you aren't really outsmarting me. Let's say you are Kishimoto in reality, and we discuss your manga in this forum, then if i don't know who you are i have absolutely no chance against you if we discuss what will happen in the manga next

Quote:
it's true that obito learned a lot of what he knows from madara and black zetsu (presumably), but the same could be said about minato learning a lot from kushina and the uzumaki shrine (presumably). when it comes to a straight up fight as we saw, they both resorted to their space/time technique 1 trick pony shows
I don't think so because Obito was given a lot of abilities and powers as a gift, as opposed to that Minato has no bloodline and no special genetic abilities, he had to do it the hard way: learn everything. Minato was supposed to be Mr. Perfect in this context, because he can measure up to guys who are bloodline monsters and chakra monsters despite he doesn't have any special powers. And there's only one way to do it, to be smarter than them. Minato and Itachi are treated in a very special way by the author in this regard, they are simply better than other "geniuses".
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 11:19   Link #72
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Let's say you are Kishimoto in reality, and we discuss your manga in this forum, then if i don't know who you are i have absolutely no chance against you if we discuss what will happen in the manga next
haha! well let's not get carried away here my point is just that someone as smart as itachi should have been able to figure out that obito wasn't madara, but he didn't. by you're own admission in this post, minato and itachi are the super geniuses of the series, but both were utterly clueless as to who obito was. yes, i know he had a mask on but he was still able to keep up his phony identity with them regardless of how much time they had to mull it over. that alone doesn't make him a genius of course. i'm just saying that he 'outsmarted' the two geniuses of the series in this particular instance.
Old 2013-07-06, 11:58   Link #73
JustRob

It's not just Itachi. Kakashi, the Five Kages, Sasuke, everyone in the world was convinced that Tobi was Madara. He knew stuff he could not possibly have known unless he really was Madara. So yeah, it was a pretty convincing act, and even if you're smart, it's not just a case of putting two and two together.
Old 2013-07-06, 12:50   Link #74
Monster0

I don't think anyone could have known who Obito was except kakashi.So even if they were like"i don't think this guy is realy Madara.",it wouldn't do much good. Itachi fooled him not caring who he really was\is.Obito as a person didn't matter to him Masked man as a threat to the village and his brother did
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 14:23   Link #75
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
It's not just Itachi. Kakashi, the Five Kages, Sasuke, everyone in the world was convinced that Tobi was Madara. He knew stuff he could not possibly have known unless he really was Madara. So yeah, it was a pretty convincing act, and even if you're smart, it's not just a case of putting two and two together.
but everyone in the world isn't a super genius. we've just established that only itachi and minato really have a right to that title. unless you want to disagree with that? and clearly your statement i bolded is false since he isn't madara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
I don't think anyone could have known who Obito was except kakashi.So even if they were like"i don't think this guy is realy Madara.",it wouldn't do much good. Itachi fooled him not caring who he really was\is.Obito as a person didn't matter to him Masked man as a threat to the village and his brother did
i'm sure itachi knew obito since he knew kakashi pretty well. both itachi and minato must have known that obito was the son of kagami who logically must have been one of the elite uchiha to be on tobirama's team. there were pieces for them to work with, being 'super geniuses' and all. itachi was thoroughly convinced that obito was madara. if he wasn't he would have said so to sasuke before he died. instead he told sasuke a lot about madara and to be wary of him.
Old 2013-07-06, 16:10   Link #76
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
but everyone in the world isn't a super genius. we've just established that only itachi and minato really have a right to that title. unless you want to disagree with that? and clearly your statement i bolded is false since he isn't madara.

i'm sure itachi knew obito since he knew kakashi pretty well. both itachi and minato must have known that obito was the son of kagami who logically must have been one of the elite uchiha to be on tobirama's team. there were pieces for them to work with, being 'super geniuses' and all. itachi was thoroughly convinced that obito was madara. if he wasn't he would have said so to sasuke before he died. instead he told sasuke a lot about madara and to be wary of him.
que?? i thought this was shisui
plus kakashi is like what maybe about 10yrs older than itachi. its possible obito "died" before itachi meeting him or kakashi
Old 2013-07-06, 16:19   Link #77
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
que?? i thought this was shisui
plus kakashi is like what maybe about 10yrs older than itachi. its possible obito "died" before itachi meeting him or kakashi
oh yea. that's correct. thanks. still though, they both knew obito for what it's worth. i guess obito's lineage is still a mystery (if it even winds up mattering or not)
Old 2013-07-06, 16:47   Link #78
JustRob

Quote:

Ofcourse he isn't Madara, but Madara had told him things that nobody else but Madara knew. And people knew that there's no way anyone but Madara could know that. So in my opinion it still holds up, Obito knew things people thought only the real Madara could have known.
Old 2013-07-06, 17:25   Link #79
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Ofcourse he isn't Madara, but Madara had told him things that nobody else but Madara knew. And people knew that there's no way anyone but Madara could know that. So in my opinion it still holds up, Obito knew things people thought only the real Madara could have known.
that knowledge could have been explained in several ways. aside from tobi 'being' madara, he could have been madara's apprentice (which he turned out to be). he could have also been izuna, or any extremely powerful ninja from that age or older like even the RS or one of his sons. it could have also been anyone who found more tablets like we've seen in the uchiha shrine or the uzumaki shrine that were perhaps left behind by the RS or his sons. point being, super geniuses like itachi and minato should be thinking more outside the box.

that or obito fooled them, which is my point from the start

i mean itachi even knew obito was calling himself 'tobi' and he still didnt catch on
Old 2013-07-06, 17:37   Link #80
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
oh yea. that's correct. thanks. still though, they both knew obito for what it's worth. i guess obito's lineage is still a mystery (if it even winds up mattering or not)
no prob. but obito being kagami son is something that ive wanted for awhile. 4 of 6 mangekyou users are brothers so i'd like it if obito and shisui were brothers (it could add another degree of how itachi knows obito). but as you mention obito's lineage may not wind up mattering. what i would like some insight on is madara and nagatos relationship. we see in this chapter the flashback in which madara tells obito that he will repay madara someday insinuating with his own life, but madaras rinnegan was already "entrusted" to someone else (nagato) at that time. and at least twice it has been spelled out that nagato was the one who would resurrect madara so this is confusing me.

for fun,
Third Hokage: ah obito, eldest son of uchiha kagami...

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion