AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-15, 11:49   Link #1401
Kouji
StrykerX

From Anime Nation

Highlander:The Search for Vengeance

Quote:
A full length trailer for the Madhouse produced Highlander: The Search for Vengeance animated movie is now available online.

Source: Ain't It Cool News
Old 2007-03-15, 14:38   Link #1402
NeoSam

And here's another anime that got announced:

==========

シグルイ
Shigurui

Animation Production: MADHOUSE

Broadcast: July 2007

Based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen manga magazine Champion RED.
For now there are 8 volumes released of this manga.
Covers of available volumes:

From Kotonoha group:

Quote:
Story: We are in the sixth year of the Kan’ei era (1629), at the beginning of the Edo period. The story takes place inside the castle of Suruga.

The first duel of a tournament which, in contravention of all existing laws, allows the use of real swords, brings together for the last time two mighty swordsmen whose intertwined past is as beautiful and gruesome as the wounds upon their bodies…

An exceptional manga artist decides to tackle the forbidden work by the last giant figure in samurai literature, only to give birth to a colossal period drama filled with unspeakable tragedy and cruelty!
Original work: Nanjou Norio
Mangaka: Yamaguchi Takayuki

Genre: Seinen, Action, Drama

==========

For more info check this thread.
Old 2007-03-16, 09:56   Link #1403
NeoSam

And another anime got announced:

==========

君が主で執事が俺で
Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de

Based on an eroge (ero-game) by Minatosoft which is scheduled to be released on 25/5/2007.

The following links contain 18+ material.

Site of the company:
http://www.minatosoft.com

Site of the game:
http://www.minatosoft.com/kimigaaruz...zigaorede.html

Genre: Seinen

==========

Edit:

Whats written in english on the image above: "They are My noble Masters"

Edit2:

From AnimeonDVD forum:

Quote:
• Coming back to KOTOKO / I've projects for upcoming Bishoujo games, Minato Soft unveiled the credits for the ED song that KOTOKO will do for their upcoming Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de - They are my noble Masters:

ED song "room"
Lyrics by KOTOKO
Composed & Arranged by C.G mix
Vocal: KOTOKO
Sound produced by I've

Last edited by NeoSam; 2007-03-16 at 10:28.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 11:15   Link #1404
eggplant
Eggplant

I swear I saw a post of this previously in this thread when the initial anime announcement was made last fall, but:

Souta-kun no Akihabara Funtouki
壮太君のアキハバラ奮闘記

will be made into an OVA.

Source:Monthly G Fantasy April Edition.

Genre: Seinen, comedy, slice of life (otaku/moe).

5 manga tankoubon have been released.

I would expect Souta-kun's metafictional anime, PaPiCo! to be animated as well.

While on the topic of G Fantasy, the same April issue announces the CD drama making of:
Pandora Hearts

Genre: Adventure, mystery.

1 manga tankoubon has been released, with Vol. 2 out on March 27th.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 11:27   Link #1405
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
I swear I saw a post of this previously in this thread when the initial anime announcement was made last fall, but:

Souta-kun no Akihabara Funtouki
壮太君のアキハバラ奮闘記

will be made into an OVA.

Source:Monthly G Fantasy April Edition.

Genre: Seinen, comedy, slice of life (otaku/moe).

5 manga tankoubon have been released.

I would expect Souta-kun's metafictional anime, PaPiCo! to be animated as well.
Yeah its posted on the first post of this thread >.<

But its a shounen manga, and not seinen. Young GanGan is the only seinen manga magazine that Square Enix releases. all the other magazines by Square Enix are shounen magazines (GFantasy, Shounen GanGan, GanGan WING, GanGan Powered)

There was a shoujo manga magazine by them (Stencil) but its defunct.
Old 2007-03-17, 07:10   Link #1406
NeoSam

From AnimeNation:

Quote:
Clannad Movie Trailer Released
----------------------------------------------------------------
Animate.tv now hosts the first trailer for the upcoming Clannad motion picture. The movie is an adaptation of a PC visual novel game from Key, the makers of the original Kanon and Air PC games. The trailer is available for narrowband and broadband.

Source: Moon Phase
And on other news :P the seinen manga Hayate x Blade (serialized in the seinen manga magazine Dengeki Daioh) is getting a second Drama CD.
Old 2007-03-19, 01:11   Link #1407
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

They are having auditions for singing heroine of the new Macross series.
So this isn't going to be another "spin-off" like Zero, it's going to be an actual traditional Macross series.
Old 2007-03-19, 11:53   Link #1408
NeoSam

WOWOW has opened a site for Shigurui anime:
http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/shigurui/

Broadcast: July 2007
Old 2007-03-19, 12:45   Link #1409
Kouji
StrykerX

From Anime Nation

Shigurui

Quote:
Japanese television network WOWOW has announced that Norio Nanjo and Takayuki Yamada's violent samurai manga series Shigurui will be adapted into an anime television series by Madhouse. The series official site hosts a streaming teaser trailer (contains no animation footage). The show is scheduled to premier in July.
---

Vexille

From Anime Nation

Quote:
The official Japanese homepage for the upcoming full CG animated movie Vexille is now open and features a streaming teaser trailer.
---

AIKa 16

From Anime Nation

Quote:
The official Japanese AIKa homepage now hosts a 15 second and 30 second streaming trailer for the upcoming AIKa R-16 OVA series. The first episode of the three episode series will go on sale in Japan on April 25th.

---

Nasu 2

From Anime Nation

Quote:
Japan's Madhouse studio is now in production on a sequel to director Kitaro Kosaka's 2003 short film Nasu: Summer in Andalusia. The tentatively titled "Nasu 2" will reportedly be released later this year. A Quicktime trailer is available now.

Source: Ghibli World
Old 2007-03-19, 12:56   Link #1410
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Oh my God it's Ai Cho Aniki the anime. I think I'll be turning my browsers images off for this page.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 14:36   Link #1411
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji View Post
Nasu 2

From Anime Nation

Quote:
Japan's Madhouse studio is now in production on a sequel to director Kitaro Kosaka's 2003 short film Nasu: Summer in Andalusia.
Nasu means eggplant.

Here's the wiki entry for the first movie Nasu: Summer in Andalusia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasu:_Summer_in_Andalusia

Based on a 3 volume seinen manga titled Nasu by Iou Kuroda, which got serialized in the seinen manga magazine Afternoon.

From wiki:

Quote:
Manga: Nasu
Nasu: Summer in Andalusia was adapted from a short story, Summer in Andalusia (アンダルシアの夏, Andalusia no Natsu), in the first volume of a 3-tankōbon manga by Iou Kuroda, entitled Nasu (茄子, Nasu), which consisted altogether of 24 chapters and was serialized in Kodansha's Afternoon manga magazine.

Nasu is a collection of stories, focusing on a returning series of characters, such as Takama, a farmer, and a young girl named Aya Takashi, who begins the series abandoned by her father and residing in Tokyo with her two younger siblings, and as the manga progresses to its second volume, leaves the city to reside in the countryside with her relatives, near Takama's farm. Apart from the chapters concerning Takama and Aya, other stories are also featured, such as one telling the chronicles of samurai in the Edo period hunting forbidden eggplant (Nasu), another set atop a futuristic Mount Fuji, another tale concerning a truck driver, and also Summer in Andalusia, the story concerning the professional Spanish bicyclist Pepe Benengeli, from which the film was adapted.
Here are the covers of the manga:

Genre: Seinen

Edit:

Just watched the trailer >.< it looks great now I have to watch the first movie.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2007-03-19 at 14:50.
Old 2007-03-20, 01:11   Link #1412
Rion
Ramune~

Oh no. Will that really be a "sequel"? Because the story itself ended in Nasu, so a sequel will probably an alteration of the story, just like Itsudatte no Santa 2 I really hope they animate another story from Nasu.
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 10:09   Link #1413
barbapapa
chochopolice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rion View Post
Oh no. Will that really be a "sequel"? Because the story itself ended in Nasu, so a sequel will probably an alteration of the story, just like Itsudatte no Santa 2 I really hope they animate another story from Nasu.
The first Nasu anime was only a small part/story of the original manga.
So there's still loads they can choose to animate from it; though yes, from the looks of it, they'll probably continue with the cycling story. Which still had ground covered in the manga we didn't see animated yet, IIRC.
Old 2007-03-20, 12:54   Link #1414
Kouji
StrykerX

From Anime Nation

El Cazador

Quote:
The official Japanese homepage for the upcoming anime television series El Cazador now hosts a pair of streaming trailers: Trailer 1, Trailer 2

---

Gurren-Lagann

From Anime Nation

Quote:
The official Gurren-Lagann homepage now hosts a new short TV commercial in streaming narrowband and broadband resolution.

Old 2007-03-21, 04:06   Link #1415
eggplant
Eggplant

Shinryougari -GHOST HOUND-
神霊狩 -GHOST HOUND-

Pursuant to the February announcement of the manga written by Production I.G. and Shirow Masamune, to be serialized in the Monthly Comic Blade starting from May 2007 issue (on sale March 30th) under the title Shinryougari ANOTHER SIDE, this will be made into an anime as well.

Broadcast: Fall 2007

Broadcasting Station: WOWOW

Animation Studio: Production I.G.

Source: Anime! Anime!.jp

BTW, there will be a major announcement in the May issue of Comic Blade concerning Amano Kozue (ARIA series).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drama CD Announcement

Rose Marie
ロース x マリー

Base on the manga written by Urase Shioji serialized in the Bi-monthly Comic Valkyrie.

Cast:
Rose: Kawasumi Ayako
Marie: Noto Mamiko
Vampire: Tamura Yukari

Source: http://www.comic-valkyrie.com/

Last edited by eggplant; 2007-03-22 at 04:25. Reason: K, I screwed up on the name. Confirmed it at Production I.G.'s booth today.
Old 2007-03-21, 09:13   Link #1416
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post

BTW, there will be a major announcement in the May issue of Comic Blade concerning Amano Kozue (ARIA series).
I hope this is what I think it is and if it is, it would make my year March 30th just got a whole lot more interesting (assuming it is the release date for the May issue and I didn't read that wrong). Thanks for the info eggplant!
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 09:17   Link #1417
eggplant
Eggplant

Hatenkou Yuugi
破天荒遊戯

Based on the manga by Endou Minari, currently serialized in the Monthly Comic ZERO-SUM, with 8 tankoubon volume releases (including releases when serialized in Monthly G Fantasy), with Vol. 9 to be released on March 24th.

Source: Cover of tankoubon Vol. 9.

Details of the anime have not been announced.
Hatenkou Yuugi has been made into a drama CD in 2004, with a top notch seiyuu cast. Hoping that they retain them for the anime.

Old 2007-03-21, 14:05   Link #1418
NeoSam

Lets add the covers of Hatenkou Yuugi manga:

==========

破天荒遊戯
Hatenkou Yuugi

Currently serialized in Comic Zero-Sum magazine.
For now there are 8 volumes released, and volume 9 will be released on 24/3/2007.
Covers:

Spoiler:

==========

From now on the covers of manga/light novels volumes will be under a spoiler (for less taken space).

The first 3 volumes of the manga were republished with new covers (probably after the manga moved from GFantasy to Comic Zero-Sum). the covers of the first 3 volumes I added are the new covers.

Edit:

Other manga from Comic Zero-Sum that got animated:

LOVELESS

Last edited by NeoSam; 2007-03-22 at 05:01.
Old 2007-03-21, 22:09   Link #1419
Sevaasu
My World, My Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
They are having auditions for singing heroine of the new Macross series.
So this isn't going to be another "spin-off" like Zero, it's going to be an actual traditional Macross series.
t3h sweets.......oh god please bandai hurry up with some new Gundam series..............i swear Stargazer was just not enough and Seed/seed destiny is about 2 years old now........common.......don't let me down.

I hope they are in the process of something rite now. Because if you look at it they usually release a big series every 3-5 years or something like that, with a handfull of OVA's after that.....and then they go through a dry season
and then....etc.

anyone got any info or rumors?
Sevaasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 00:49   Link #1420
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Yes, there is a new Gundam series in production as well.
There is a rumor circulating that popular shoujo manga artist from the 80s and 90s, Yun Kouga, will be invovled in the design.

Whether it's going to be an animated version of the upcoming novel Gundam UC (Unicorn), or something else entirely, is still unknown.

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers