AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 17:12   Link #41
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eej View Post
Only reason why I (speaking for myself, not necessarily the rest of the staff) did bother to actually sub the show was the purposeful lack of pedo fanservice. The wind is always blowing in the OP and rest of the show but you don't see any white. The snake thing was probably the tamest sequence of its type ever, too, especially after Druaga. Hopefully the rest of the show stays that way.
if they wanted to cover that particular target group they would have made their point clear already in the first episode. I hope. But seriously, what are people seeing here? Kyou no Go no Ni, Moetan, Yotsunoha? Where does Zettai Karen Children fit into this list? *scratches head*

Branding every young female charater as 'loli' really doesn't help. I wish this would stop.
Old 2008-04-09, 19:26   Link #42
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
But seriously, what are people seeing here?
Right here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
Final thoughts: I hope the fanservice arrives soon like it does in the manga. I need my PPGZ and Kodomo no Jikan vibes to be fulfilled.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 19:31   Link #43
SinsI

Quote:
if they wanted to cover that particular target group they would have made their point clear already in the first episode. I hope. But seriously, what are people seeing here? Kyou no Go no Ni, Moetan, Yotsunoha? Where does Zettai Karen Children fit into this list? *scratches head*

Branding every young female charater as 'loli' really doesn't help. I wish this would stop.
I see Ghost Sweeper Mikami in it.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 20:21   Link #44
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Am I the only one that is hoping and praying that Hirano tones things down over the next few weeks?
Old 2008-04-09, 21:52   Link #45
CrazyPerson

While I don't think you're the only one, I thought that her voice was decent. It seems like I'm in the minority though.
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 23:03   Link #46
ReddyRedWolf

Given for the future portents for Kaoru this may justify why Hirano Aya was chosen.

Oh yeah

Spoiler for Kaoru:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 23:20   Link #47
aorta

Shiho reminds me of Kiyoko from Akira. Creepy.

Funny stuff. Not sure if they are real magical girls though. Where's the tranformation sequence?
Old 2008-04-10, 00:58   Link #48
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
Am I the only one that is hoping and praying that Hirano tones things down over the next few weeks?
No. I think it's key to improving her role as Kaoru. The single major criticism I have with it is she is overacting to the point of losing control of the character.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 03:41   Link #49
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Right here: [quote mentioning manga]
I grapped the first manga volume from somewhere, browsed through it and fail to see another Moetan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
I see Ghost Sweeper Mikami in it.
I watched a few subbed episodes quite a while ago. My memory is very shady, but ... what?

Well, lets just wait and see. If this turns into a Sunday morning ecchi show I can still drop it.
Old 2008-04-10, 10:08   Link #50
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I have to agree with the few who just are not bothered by Aya Hirano in this show at least. I don't get the grudge against her for winning popularity contests. In the end, that's what it is. Most movies I love never win the Oscar, but that doesn't really mean much in the end except for popular perceptions. I still think Aya is a pretty high calibur and more importantly, *popular* talent. I know she has a bit of a love it or hate it quality to her, but I guess I'm the rare case of not really siding with either. But I still think she is a professional and might be getting too much of a flack for being insanely popular.

As for the fanservice, I wouldn't have minded if there were pantyshots personally. Just not a big deal IMO. But all the major teases with the skirts just BARELY making it there is all a bit fanservicey to me. The girls, most importantly, are just adorable.

Quote:
Yep. The whole American standard of loli (basically everything below 18 years of age) to Japanese standards which is more to the kiddish side of age 10 or so.

I think the Zettai Karen girls are definitely free to go as far as fanservice goes. I doubt they'd do anything truly lewd since it IS the Hayate staff doing this. We'll probably see a lot of cutesy or even TASTEFUL fanservice like in Hayate.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 11:22   Link #51
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
No. I think it's key to improving her role as Kaoru. The single major criticism I have with it is she is overacting to the point of losing control of the character.
Heh. Point taken. I guess it would be more productive to worry about a 52 episode anime diverging from the manga. There are only 126 chapters out and I have been enjoying the countless Kaoru panty shots over the past few months.
Old 2008-04-10, 11:52   Link #52
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I wonder how much they'll cover in the anime, since I don't think the manga has even started getting into it's real plot yet.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 12:03   Link #53
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
I wonder how much they'll cover in the anime, since I don't think the manga has even started getting into it's real plot yet.
Long run, maybe a few fillers here and there (shouldn't hurt for such a light show as Zettai Karen apparently is), and maybe a long break. Just like with Hayate no Gotoku.

And reading some of the manga, I have to agree that fanservice could and maybe even should make an entrance. Then again, they are showing it on a kids' time slot apparently so I doubt there'd be anything too sexy even if they do. The manga usually has the benign pantyshot anyway.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 12:31   Link #54
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Hopefully it doesn't end up like the GS mikami anime, which cut off before one of the most impt plot points in the manga.

And I expect the fanservice to really start when the commander of Babel makes her appearance.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 12:49   Link #55
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
And reading some of the manga, I have to agree that fanservice could and maybe even should make an entrance. Then again, they are showing it on a kids' time slot apparently so I doubt there'd be anything too sexy even if they do. The manga usually has the benign pantyshot anyway.
IIRC gurren was also aired in the morning "kid's" slot. I bet they can push it if they want.

What I don't like seeing is how the words "service" + "loli" means pedo to some. Sheesh

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 13:58   Link #56
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Then again, they are showing it on a kids' time slot apparently so I doubt there'd be anything too sexy even if they do.
That time slot is a kids' time slot and it's not. There was so much in Hayate which is clearly targeted at older fans that they go somewhere in between the two rules. When Hayate aired, it was considered airing late late night (3400), not early morning (1000).
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 14:46   Link #57
Mef

At first glance I thought the girls were too old but they are supposed to be 10yo so I hope for fanservice
But that isnt likely to happen unfortunately

Anyways.. interesting first ep, they event kept the HnG-style of the eyecatches
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 18:19   Link #58
cyth
Banned

Believe me, I'm not one that would whine about the presence of loli fanservice, but this show has absolutely no sexual vibes, yet it manages to stay a sort of quasi mahou shoujo series (with obvious add-ins from other genres). To my surprise, I like this piece of animation very much. Oh, the cheesiness...
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 18:23   Link #59
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef View Post
Anyways.. interesting first ep, they event kept the HnG-style of the eyecatches
Same director, so it makes a lot of sense --- same goes for the ED.

It is pretty funny how this show has the same director, studio, composer and episode count as Hayate no Gotoku!
Old 2008-04-10, 19:25   Link #60
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well that was...ummm...something...

Probably take a couple more episodes to sink in as far as what this show wants to be I guess...Didn't really suprise me that the HnG people did this. Just hope they don't devolve it into complete randomness like HnG became...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
babel, comedy, esper, loli, shounen