4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.45%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-16, 12:18   Link #141
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

good episode, really god fighting scene, who would know Virtue would join in together with Dynames. Obviously Saji is going to work in Space, probably end up fighting against gundam.

Q: What are the those pods in the end of episode? Nuclear head?
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 12:19   Link #142
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

somehow this episode feels like a Setsuna x Tieria episode

On the other hand, I guess the reason behind all those "useless scenes" for Saji and Louise is finally revealed, they are all building for the most emotional five minutes in this episode. Saji IS the main character now
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 12:21   Link #143
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Well I agree a little mystery would've helped but unfortunately unlike you or me a lot of people who watch these series don't have that big of an attention span so they tend to get bored easy.
I just think making Celestial Being more open for interruptation would have made things more interesting. I won't argue that none of what they've done has produced some good, but the fact that they don't see themselves as either good or evil, only necessary, makes you wonder more about the latter, than the former.

That they refuse to answer what makes them necessary frustrates me to no end, and until they do answer it, I believe it would be simply safer to destroy them outright due to the potentional threat they obviously pose.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 12:51   Link #144
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I'm a conservative. I see what Celestial Being is doing as a change for the sake of changing. They haven't proven there's a need for what they're doing, therefore there is no need for what they're doing.

They have this ambition they want to fullfill and they're killing people to do it. On top of that, the risks (the destruction of human civilization) far outweigh the gains (presumably the unification of humanity under one banner...which is not necessarily a good thing).

What's worse they've basically told everyone on the planet to do what they say or else. I don't know about you, but that makes me want to start something if only out of spite.
I think it's somewhat of a vain effort for us viewers to judge Celestial Being as good or evil at this time, since in the end it's the authors that decide everything. I'd like to take three of my favorite examples, Frank Herbert's Dune, Wild Arms 2, and Gensou Suikoden 3.
Spoiler for Dune:

Spoiler for Wild Arms 2:

Spoiler for Gensou Suikoden 3:

So you see, it's really all depends on how the authors decide to write the things, it's futile for us viewers to judge whether something in the show should be intrinsically wrong or evil even if it's the massacre of billions of innocent lives. Heck if they wanted, they can say the Destiny Plan of GSD is Good because Dullindal has a crystal ball that tells him it's the only way to save humanity from certain extinction.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 13:23   Link #145
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
Spoiler:
could be, from the preview my first thought was Ribbons was gonna be in a MS.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 13:38   Link #146
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well on the good news front the leg situation has been settled. Would have been over the top and just glad they kept it to the hand which was enough of a loss.

Guess they need Saji moving forward so he can be involved more with the plot down the road. Though would have been fine if he could have stuck around with her. Doesn't seem to be in a condition where she couldn't be transfered to a hospital in Japan.

Was starting to wonder if that was the real Tieria. Guess having his access limited and the hacking job pushed him over the edge. Pretty good combo job with Setsuna showing that the Thrones aren't all that.

Yeah just waiting for the death call on Saji's sister. She is getting in deeper and it just can't end well.
Old 2008-02-16, 14:03   Link #147
ThoHell

Episode started out good then went boring but ended interesting.

Guess Setsuna isn't the only wanting to take down the Throne Gundams. But man the first person to come support Setsuna was a shocker. Tiera and Setsuna make an awesome dou, they were about to win.

So, it seems like the observers might be the traitors huh. It's Gundam vs Gundam now.

Were those pods filled with new Gundams? If so, guess we'll be seeing lots of new Gundams soon.

Oh yeah, Louise still has her legs. Guess some of use were wrong. But WTF? Louise and Saji going different ways? I don't think that will last long and it will be Saji who comes back for her.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 14:12   Link #148
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Episode started out good then went boring but ended interesting.

Guess Setsuna isn't the only wanting to take down the Throne Gundams. But man the first person to come support Setsuna was a shocker. Tiera and Setsuna make an awesome dou, they were about to win.

So, it seems like the observers might be the traitors huh. It's Gundam vs Gundam now.

Were those pods filled with new Gundams? If so, guess we'll be seeing lots of new Gundams soon.

Oh yeah, Louise still has her legs. Guess some of use were wrong. But WTF? Louise and Saji going different ways? I don't think that will last long and it will be Saji who comes back for her.
Well although i thought Lockon was going to show up first, im not totally shocked that Tiera showed up firs after what he said to Setsuna couple episodes back about the thrones. And yeah, Setsuna/Tiera=dynamic duo
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 15:07   Link #149
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
10/10 with no complaints for me, I LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING
I don't. Just giving out GN Drives to "up" the competition sounds lame.

I was hoping for something like Nuclear-powered Flag Graham Custom.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 15:15   Link #150
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I can't help but get the idea that these gundam meisters are just deluded idiots and pawns for something bigger.

Like they really are believing in "eradicating war" but are misguided.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 15:26   Link #151
Funkatron
Highly irregular

I ccan easily see Alejandro as an arms dealer of somesort. He's using CB as a way to advertise the new gundams as formidable weapons, give the 3 blocs a tease of what they could have, and then he just gives them a chance to have them... probably at a price too boot. I wouldn't be surprised if he and Ali were in cahoots, bringing around larger conflicts to gain a profit. Basically he's twisting CB's supposed ideals on its head, going from iradicating wars to creating them. Hints of SEED Destiny anyone?
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 15:30   Link #152
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I don't. Just giving out GN Drives to "up" the competition sounds lame.

I was hoping for something like Nuclear-powered Flag Graham Custom.
Heh, that would be pretty badass, but this show seems pretty eco-friendly =P
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 16:03   Link #153
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Heh, that would be pretty badass, but this show seems pretty eco-friendly =P
I think it's totally still plausible. Upon seeing the image of the 30 pods, the first thought was Nukes?! and then new Mobile suits?!

maybe they will be nuclear powered drives... who knows.

I still think the writers will keep going with there only being 5 existent true GN drives left.
Old 2008-02-16, 16:10   Link #154
Narutaro

I was under the impression that Thrones only have 1 real gn drives inside their ship that supply power for their fake gn drives in their gundam, if Alejandro start mass producing them and then give them to 3 different faction, where did they get the power from?
Narutaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 16:16   Link #155
kanon78
Confederate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
I ccan easily see Alejandro as an arms dealer of somesort. He's using CB as a way to advertise the new gundams as formidable weapons, give the 3 blocs a tease of what they could have, and then he just gives them a chance to have them... probably at a price too boot. I wouldn't be surprised if he and Ali were in cahoots, bringing around larger conflicts to gain a profit. Basically he's twisting CB's supposed ideals on its head, going from iradicating wars to creating them.
I totally agree !
kanon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 16:18   Link #156
Flame-X
Anti-fan

i get the feeling that Alejandro is the younger version of the celestial being's leader(forgot his name).
Old 2008-02-16, 16:36   Link #157
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
I think it's somewhat of a vain effort for us viewers to judge Celestial Being as good or evil at this time, since in the end it's the authors that decide everything. I'd like to take three of my favorite examples, Frank Herbert's Dune, Wild Arms 2, and Gensou Suikoden 3.
Spoiler for Dune:

Spoiler for Wild Arms 2:

Spoiler for Gensou Suikoden 3:

So you see, it's really all depends on how the authors decide to write the things, it's futile for us viewers to judge whether something in the show should be intrinsically wrong or evil even if it's the massacre of billions of innocent lives. Heck if they wanted, they can say the Destiny Plan of GSD is Good because Dullindal has a crystal ball that tells him it's the only way to save humanity from certain extinction.
Authors might try to present all sides equally, but it's still up to me of what's good and evil. If they simply make Celestial Being the "good guys" by default or comparison, that doesn't make them any less evil as the case may be.

Also Dullindal's Destiny Plan wasn't evil. He aquiring and using a super weapon was. That was the true failure of the Seed Destiny Ending. He basically picks a fight for the hell of it, when he's pretty much got the whole world, except a couple nations, in his pocket. It was out of character if you ask me and just a convinent excuse for a "final showdown".
Old 2008-02-16, 16:47   Link #158
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Authors might try to present all sides equally, but it's still up to me of what's good and evil. If they simply make Celestial Being the "good guys" by default or comparison, that doesn't make them any less evil as the case may be.

Also Dullindal's Destiny Plan wasn't evil. He aquiring and using a super weapon was. That was the true failure of the Seed Destiny Ending. He basically picks a fight for the hell of it, when he's pretty much got the whole world, except a couple nations, in his pocket. It was out of character if you ask me and just a convinent excuse for a "final showdown".
That whole ending to Destiny was written badly. Even though this sort of wreaks of Destiny in the whole "organization secretly inciting war" angle, I think 00 will do a better job at advancing it.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 16:55   Link #159
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
That whole ending to Destiny was written badly. Even though this sort of wreaks of Destiny in the whole "organization secretly inciting war" angle, I think 00 will do a better job at advancing it.
When you think about it, Logos didn't so much incite conflict as take advantage of it when it arised. In OO, no one except Ali has actually caused a fight to start for their own personal gain.

I don't know what's his face and the other guy are up to. Something tells me they're still watching how things play out, while manipulating events so that things don't go too smoothly for Celestial Being. Literally they're trying to make the show more interesting.

And OO has had more than it's fair share of bad writing. There's just less bad blood compared to Seed and Destiny. You don't have "anti-fanboys" and "UC Fundamentalists" crying all of the place about it.
Old 2008-02-16, 16:56   Link #160
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Yes yes this is a very good episode. I am so glad those Trinity siblings were slightly humbled. To bad they aren't dead though. I am very happy that this happened and Teira gains some likeable points for this one.

Alejandro and Ribbons, have to have thier hands knee deep in whats going on behind the scenes. He does remind me of Gilbert Durandal and I hate to say that though, but i can see that he does have some sort of agenda behind the scenes. The question is, what does he gain from all of this.

After this episode, Ali Al Sarshes is definetly a marked man. I am sure that Lockon and Setsuna will be knocking at his door, whenever he does show himself again.