dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I just hope those Gundam Jinx don't bring bad luck to Sergei and Soma
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 12:05   Link #122
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
not a bad episode a bit cheesy with the sacrifice, nice to see that no character is plot armored.
seems that people are getting betrayed left and right.
i wonder to whom wufei's loyalty will lay.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 12:30   Link #123
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
19 GN-x because GRAHAM is not here.. They save that suit for him and wait for him to be less stubborn and will pilot a Gn-x someday.

still the GN-x pilot seems to be lack-luster except 1-2 top dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihaeru Trinity View Post

woot first gn-x dead, GO THRONES
NUUUUUUU

HRL will prevails!!
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 12:35   Link #124
ashlay
the red string of fate

Series is actually doing quite good right now. The death's of all these periphery characters over the last few weeks and the constant backstabbing going on has really made it seem like anyone could drop dead at any moment.

I'm kinda surprised how crappy 00 beam canons are though. the Gundams and GN-X's keep getting hit all over with them and yet take surprisingly minimal damage. 0_o Uh, anyway, Lockon is hurt, Setsuna is going insane (though hopefully he'll actually start talking the real Marina because of this), the thrones probably won't last long, and the tau drives are just causing the 3 factions to start going back to their usual plotting against one another. Oh, and Alejandro and Ribbonz are going to rule the Earthsphere using Veda to completely control the most powerful weapon on the battlefield. Seems like nothing for the Gundams to do now but survive till the end of the season, spread out, and then regroup at some later date when Alejandro gets sloppy and the conditions turn their advantage.

well, at least CB has the GN arms now, and they were able to take out some of the GN-Xs (though admittedly the 3 best aces in the show, Graham, Sergei, and Soma, weren't even there)
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 13:04   Link #125
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
These last few episodes should put to death any further beliefs that nobody ever dies in Gundam series. I'd like to thank Mishizuma for killing and punt Fukuda/Morosawa for starting that myth respectively.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 13:07   Link #126
sgogeta4

Don't beam sabres penetrate anything and everything?
sgogeta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 13:10   Link #127
Morgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
One discussion point going around is the possibility of the red GN-particle being a slow-acting toxin. And thus the planet could become contaminated long before the world governments realized what is going on.

That can't be it. If that was the master plan it could have been done at any time. Quite frankly, whatever the master plan is it can't be anything CB could accomplish on their own. So that rules out both world domination and world destruction.

Oh and does this episode mean Sergei gets credit for the first GN-X kill? After letting the Thrones get away last episode, he's responsible for any destruction caused by them from now on.
Morgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 13:12   Link #128
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
19 GN-x because GRAHAM is not here.. They save that suit for him and wait for him to be less stubborn and will pilot a Gn-x someday.

still the GN-x pilot seems to be lack-luster except 1-2 top dawg

NUUUUUUU

HRL will prevails!!
i think that the flag might be getting a gn furnace.

alot of shocking things happened ie laguna, lockon and kinue. though kinue went in too deep a pit so she was sort of asking for it. this series sure does break the mold for being hard to predict o.o. btw wat was that mobile armour that saved tieria named, i beleive its the first time if appeared in the anime.

3 gn-x down, 25 to go. i do hope the soma and sergei survive the battles.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 13:14   Link #129
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
These last few episodes should put to death any further beliefs that nobody ever dies in Gundam series. I'd like to thank Mishizuma for killing and punt Fukuda/Morosawa for starting that myth respectively.
/whisper watch the original UC series Zeta gundam is the first that comes to my mind when it comes to no one is plotproof . char counter attack is also nice when it comes cleaning the character roster :d
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 13:15   Link #130
sgogeta4

Yep, Sumeragi's classmate will probably mod the Flag with the solar furnace from the remaining GN-X unit.
sgogeta4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 13:16   Link #131
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
/whisper watch the original UC series Zeta gundam is the first that comes to my mind when it comes to no one is plotproof . char counter attack is also nice when it comes cleaning the character roster :d
I think you forgot V gundam .
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 13:19   Link #132
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
I've already seen every single Gundam series to date and twice for Zeta (which I own). That's how I knew that. People who had only watched Seed and Destiny I guess assumed Mwu La Fraga's retconned death was the norm for major characters that damn well died. I mean we saw his MS get disentagrated for crying out loud.
Old 2008-03-01, 13:24   Link #133
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
I've already seen every single Gundam series to date and twice for Zeta (which I own). That's how I knew that. People who had only watched Seed and Destiny I guess assumed Mwu La Fraga's retconned death was the norm for major characters that damn well died. I mean we saw his MS get disentagrated for crying out loud.
Well...it is kinda a norm for the Char clones.

Don't die Graham Acre! As long as no one sees your body or you don't get blown up in a psychic wave, you can come back indefinitely!
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 13:28   Link #134
ReverseFate
Chinese Federation

Incredible episode to say the least, and it proved some more of thse rumors to be true. I am really liking the direction of how this series is headed. Haven’t seen this much deaths (and possible future deaths) in gundams for a while now, props to Mizushima!
ReverseFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 13:34   Link #135
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
WHAT?!

SEED:
Rau
Pizza (my new affectionate nickname for Patrick Zala now)
Tolle
Niccol
Druggies set 1
Natale
Flay
Azrael

GSD:
Gerbil
Seirans
Druggies set 2
Durandall
Talia
Rey

That's quite a high body count you know...

Except in G00, it seems there are no bad guys (well, fine, Ali...), so everyone that dies ends up being a good person in some respect.

Though with Mizushima giving his best Kill 'Em All Tomino impersonation, I'm finding it harder and harder to care about any characters since they're all dead men walking anyway.
Old 2008-03-01, 13:36   Link #136
Shinkouhyou
(#゚Д゚)

So Virtue didn't re-activate because there was a system error, right? That's what Christina said... but it looked more like Tieria was freaking out. Can't say that I blame him, really. Veda deserting him is like, super betrayal.
Shinkouhyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 13:47   Link #137
ThoHell

Someone kill that Ali dude, he's pure evil. Saji's life is now falling to pieces.

Gundams getting owned, though it sucks but it's about time to be more realistic. Though the Setsuna and has team took on all those other machines for so long, like 4 vs 20, proving it's more than just machine but still as well.

Finally some real development. Setsuna's heart is softening....falling for the princess even though it was just a dream. 1 week to wait to find out more.....damn.....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-01, 13:50   Link #138
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Losing to only 20 suits?

Wow...talk about bad meisters...

With four gundams they lost while one gundam takes out 25 along with 3 ships in 2 minutes.

These meisters should wear paper bags on their heads.
Old 2008-03-01, 13:54   Link #139
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
WHAT?!

SEED:
Rau
Pizza (my new affectionate nickname for Patrick Zala now)
Tolle
Niccol
Druggies set 1
Natale
Flay
Azrael

GSD:
Gerbil
Seirans
Druggies set 2
Durandall
Talia
Rey

That's quite a high body count you know...

Except in G00, it seems there are no bad guys (well, fine, Ali...), so everyone that dies ends up being a good person in some respect.

Though with Mizushima giving his best Kill 'Em All Tomino impersonation, I'm finding it harder and harder to care about any characters since they're all dead men walking anyway.
I recall Sting getting killed by a grunt and then getting resurrected so he could be killed by Shinn and obey the proper power tiers. Also Heine's little show their also made it seem even more like major characters had plot armor by showing what happens to people who dared to challenge a Gundam in a grunt unit, even if they are supposed to be an ace (Athrun practically worshipped the guy). That "Invincible as long as I'm a Gundam pilot" style writing that let Mwu reanimate seems like the root cause of that "Gundam characters don't die" myth.

And Seed had a relatively low body count for a Gundam series. Even some of the U.C movies had a higher death toll.

Spoiler for Death count in Char's Counterattack:
Old 2008-03-01, 13:55   Link #140
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Losing to only 20 suits?

Wow...talk about bad meisters...

With four gundams they lost while one gundam takes out 25 along with 3 ships in 2 minutes.

These meisters should wear paper bags on their heads.
<Redundant comment removed. Be nice! >

You have to remember that the grunt pilots in 00 are far more intelligent than really anyone in CE...kinda makes you wonder why coordinators are so special when normal people are performing better than them in 00.

And for the love of god...stop comparing this series to CE. Its getting old.

Last edited by monir; 2008-03-01 at 14:51.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote