AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-16, 23:51   Link #241
Thingle
Banned

Distasteful stereotyping of geniuses. Boo.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 03:15   Link #242
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternalBrain View Post
Distasteful stereotyping of geniuses. Boo.
For someone who is banned you make quite a valid point
Old 2007-10-17, 03:28   Link #243
Moogster

I just wanted to ask.

How many episodes will this series run?
Moogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 05:27   Link #244
Echoes

As far as I know it'll run for 13 episodes.

The second episode kept me just as interested as the first one, KimiKiss is a very charming show so far.
Old 2007-10-17, 05:34   Link #245
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
As far as I know it'll run for 13 episodes.
Information source?

Shoboi Calendar list KimiKiss's airing date till 12 currently, Moonphase has nothing, and there's no DVD release information in the main website yet.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 09:14   Link #246
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Ah, after seeing episode 2 I finally find out about Megumi.

Typical tight ass bitch.

I'm in love.

^___________________________________^

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 09:38   Link #247
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Pretty typical episode and predictable to some extent. I didnt hate the episode by any means but its like iv seen it all before. Im still enjoying the series for what is. The only person i am really sympathetic to right now is Aihara. The guy is so confused and who could blame him, his first kiss from a random girl who not only called it an Experiment but also said it didnt feel good (talk about shattering a person self esteem) Eriko is being a Ice queen and thats me trying not to call her a first class grade A bitch.

Heres the problem the more Eriko shurgs of Aihara the more he will chase after her. The interest in her is already there but its because she is mystery and he knows nothing about her. She could treat him like total shit for 12 episodes and he wouldnt give up. However he will get depressed and will space out a lot because he is thinking about her. Which will lead his friends to think he has a problem. I wonder how long it will take for the school to find out that Aihara actually had a conversation with Eriko and rumors start to spread. Im more interested in whats going with Mao and Aihara than anyone else.
Old 2007-10-17, 09:45   Link #248
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im more interested in whats going with Mao and Aihara than anyone else.
don't you mena Kouchi and Mao?
Old 2007-10-17, 10:04   Link #249
studentcollege

Is only two groups planning to sub this series?
studentcollege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 11:19   Link #250
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
don't you mena Kouchi and Mao?
nope i worded it wrong i meant whats going with both of them not together but their respective story lines.
Old 2007-10-17, 13:08   Link #251
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Heres the problem the more Eriko shurgs of Aihara the more he will chase after her. The interest in her is already there but its because she is mystery and he knows nothing about her. She could treat him like total shit for 12 episodes and he wouldnt give up. However he will get depressed and will space out a lot because he is thinking about her. Which will lead his friends to think he has a problem. I wonder how long it will take for the school to find out that Aihara actually had a conversation with Eriko and rumors start to spread.
The classic "playing hard to get" cliche no doubt
But with rie voicing futami i am expecting no less than a bitch slap to the face for the next few eps. maybe if this whole experience doesnt kill him, he might stand a chance - long enough to leave an impression on her anyway :3

better start praying that he doesnt jump off the school building to prove his love ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 16:09   Link #252
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I realy liked Every one has a Girl he Have something for her

Ep 2 was good for me
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 17:17   Link #253
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
The classic "playing hard to get" cliche no doubt
But with rie voicing futami i am expecting no less than a bitch slap to the face for the next few eps. maybe if this whole experience doesnt kill him, he might stand a chance - long enough to leave an impression on her anyway :3

better start praying that he doesnt jump off the school building to prove his love ^^
As always DK you make me chuckle. Please god dont let this poor boy do a back flip 3 1/2 twist with tuck right into the asphault.

The bitch factor and whipping boy factor will for sure play a role. A man without endurence is no man at all. Aihara does have a chance no matter how small it is. It depends on him, how much can he take? Can he wear down someone with her personality someone who seem emotionally void? Most of the time a person like Eriko will start to notice someone who does not give up, however this could lead to a testing phase just like the kiss. Can you put up with m bitchness for an extended amount of time or will you go running. It evident that others have tried to be her friend but because of her coldness they gave up. For some reason im much more interested in this outcome than anything else in the series.

Also, the airplane scene showed her willingness even if it was not spoken to meet with Aihara again. She chatised him for not noticing fast enough where she was? what does that say. But just the wind can change at anytime she blew him off saying the experiement was over. Men like mystery and Aihara is no different but does he have the stones to take on the pretty queen B her self?
Old 2007-10-17, 19:41   Link #254
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I just recently viewed the 2nd episode. And what can I say, color me surprised. This series just recently knocked Gundam 00, which while to some people it isn't great, but to me that series is the bee's knees (sue me, I'm a mecha fan XD). KimiKiss also has the potential to bump Clannad off my favorite series off the season, but so far Sunohara, by far and away, just owns everything else.

And all these despite MaoXKouichi taking a major nosedive this episode. Which REALLY hurts, but I don't let my personal coupling preferences get in the way of how I rate anime. So when I say ef just fails, it's not because I know the osana-najimi coupling has as slim of chances as happening as in this one.

Interestingly enough, from what has this shown so far, this series is not going to be taking the 3 main male leads approach. No, they're upping the ante in this one; from 3 interconnecting stories of 3 main male leads, to 3 interconnecting stories of 2 main male leads and 1 female lead. Yep, you heard that right. I can feel that this story is going to be about the separate love lives of Kouichi, Kazuki, AND Mao. How's that for a first?

As an aside...

There's talk about JC Staff not doing 1 cour series very well. While they ARE responsible for the fail that is known as Zero no Tsukaima 2nd Season, they are also responsible for the pure win that is Potemayo. So I would hold any judgements how well (or not well) they do short series until it is done.

And that's assuming this series is a 1 cour run, which as some people have pointed out, isn't official yet.

As for the male leads, while they're not Hayate/Shinichi quality leads, at the very least they're not the indecisive type so typical of male harems. In fact, I'd rate them above average, as they actually do something about their feelings rather than just sitting on their butts until something major happens. >.>

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 19:54   Link #255
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Just 13 episodes? I wish they had excluded this Nana, I can't stand over the top cute lolies. And "Onii-chan, Onii-chan!" combined with the same seiyuu reminds me too much of the annoying Shiho from Mai-HiME.

Megumi was a blatantly obvious future tsundere. She got pissed at Kouchi for holding the hand of Mao? I thought this was a school, not a monastery.

Hiragi is creepy, I wonder if his girlfreind knows of his hobby of gathering info about each and every girl in his school.

It was kind of annoying how Mao jumped to the (of course right) conclusion that Kouchi liked Yumi just because she saw them talking, I doubt this was the first time the guy had actually talked with a girl that was not Mao, after all.

It would be mightily cool if Eriko remains aloof to the end, since everybody right now is guessing that she will change her behaviour drastically. Too bad it will never happen...

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 22:20   Link #256
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Latest info on 2channel suggests that KimiKiss will be 25 episodes. This is based on items in a Japanese magazine and a search of the Bandai Visual catalogue. The idea is that there will be nine DVDs (BCBA-3134~BCBA-3142), the first to have one episode, the rest to have three eps each -- making a total of 25 episodes. There is discussion on 2channel around whether two seasons will be enough to cover the story.

As far as I know, the only source for 13 eps is Who Subs What?. MoonPhase doesn't say. Shoboi Calendar goes to ep12, to be broadcast on Dec22, but doesn't say it's the last ep. Hatena doesn't say. The official site doesn't say. And ANN doesn't say.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 22:56   Link #257
takumi2k4

Can anybody tell me why this show doesn't suck?

I'm not trying to be an ass here or whatever, but the series seems pretty generic as hell, but for some odd reason I find myself screaming in glee everytime I see that the subs are out. I really don't get it, it's not that I don't like it, or that I'm trying to look for a flaw to quit watching the show, it's just that I really have no clue as to why I'm watching the show. And the show isn't really aimed for the brainless folks at all.

But anyways, I'll be more than happy to get more than 12-13 episodes, there's just really something about it that I don't know yet.

TBH, I'm way more interested with KimiKiss compared to CLANNAD, and I have no clue how the hell that works. Then again this is J.C. STAFF and that guy who directed Honey and Clover after all, maybe they're trying the H&C formula again by trying to make the characters relatable(is that even a word?) as close to real life like what they did with H&C.
takumi2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 01:12   Link #258
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Probably the latter.... I'm finding both this show and DC 2 actually more interesting than Clannad (oooooh, heresy aieeee) though I'll also freely admit that I've only seen one episode of DC 2 and Kimikiss and Clannad. Key works tend to strengthen as they move into the middle of the series, whereas many other 'romance drama' often run out of steam. <shrug> We'll see how it pans out. I wasn't really planning on watching all 3 at once. I'm most likely to capture Clannad for a rainy day and keep monitoring these 2 for now. I have 3 or 4 other series (lighter comedy) starting and a couple of series in progress so I'm kind of tapped out time-wise.
Old 2007-10-18, 05:32   Link #259
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

LOL. Visual opinion on pure rouge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
There is discussion on 2channel around whether two seasons will be enough to cover the story.
Technically, it's impossible to cover the whole thing anyway, nor is it completely necessary. KimiKiss is not plot heavy on some of its events and lies more towards character development, which considering how the series pretty much departs, can be taken much liberties so long as they don't alter characterization, and I don't think Megumi, Nana, the teacher, etc will be more than just side-characters anyway. Personally, 2 seasons seem about right.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 06:07   Link #260
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by takumi2k4 View Post
Can anybody tell me why this show doesn't suck?
I can tell you why I like it: For a change we have a romance anime where we do NOT have the usual "male lead is basically a loser, but every single hot girl around is fawning over him" setup. Instead, it seems to me like the guys (plural, wonderful idea!) will have to work a little bit. Which isn't only just a refreshing change, it's also more realistic too.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen