AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 60 40.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 31.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 18.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 6.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.36%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-17, 08:47   Link #81
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈĮΈ is the Best !!

Good Ep And Funny...But at the end it really Sad....Poor Fu-chan...
Old 2007-11-17, 10:10   Link #82
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I'm starting to feel like a broken record as far as my thoughts on these past few episodes but I guess ill say it again...Great comedy, but the drama is still really flat to me.

I was more upset that poor nagisa-chan was sad more then anything really happening to fuko, which doesn't seem...right. I guess its just something about her and her story doesn't really invoke much emotion in me.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-11-17, 11:56   Link #83
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I never noticed this before in Kouko-san's flashback, who else thinks Meganekko (Four-eyed) Kouko gave a different aura of prettiness?
Old 2007-11-17, 13:18   Link #84
Solafighter
Hige

Nice episode. Canīt wait for next week.
Old 2007-11-17, 13:22   Link #85
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
After this episode, things are becoming a little more believable for me. There's a lot of expository dialogue going on this time around, but it's helped me understand the situation better from just sitting through one 24 minute bit. And I also think the animation quality helped make the scenes seem not too lengthy.

In the beginning, I was upset to hear that they weren't addressing the "I can't see my sister" thing at all, but in the end, they didn't have to. I give episode seven high marks for masking this key note for so long - and it arrived with good timing. Fuko's story has been shrowded in mystery ever since we saw the first starfish and I was about to go stir crazy for not having anything diagnosed and explained. The overall moment for revealing plot points for Fuko came at a good time, though I can't speak for everyone. I walked away from my computer satisfied with this episode; any longer and I would've become disinterested.

But what amazes me the most is how we were lead down a path of high hopes and happy endings. And you really believed it was to be true. Then it all comes crashing down in the last five minutes. Rewatch the episode and analyze the scenes one by one, and you will see that it was structured to twist your emotions like peppermint and chocolate in your mouth. It kind of starts out with confusion, frustration, and then it slips into a kind of acceptance and happiness (from all the gags and jokes, naturally). Then it falls into a long road of anticipation and finally, you're hit with shock, empathy, and a touch of unbelievability. It's absolutely amazing how well orchestrated this piece was.

I kind of felt how Nagisa was feeling at that moment in the end. It was a well animated, tear dropping scene (not that I did, but I could've). And I emphasize on the word "animated". Look at it, that 30 second clip. Her legs weaken, she drops to the ground as she can barely contain the grief in her heart. Nagisa reaches for the bench, her forward motion pushes her bag over to the ground, and simply lets go. Tomoya turns to her, and she turns to him. Her balance is tipped and she falls over, a constant reminder of how she's weak - weak physically, and weak and powerless to alter this whirlwind of events. Tomoya drops his bag and reaches for her; they're both feeling awkward at themselves, at each other, at the whole situation. The tears sparkle in the afternoon sun. In an almost pitying sort of way, he bawls too.

You can tell the animators struggled hard to get you teary-eyed from this. In a normal anime from five, maybe ten years ago, the most that someone would do would be to keep a static shot that was very unmoving, limited number of frames and reaction shots, almost as if you were simply viewing a series of paintings. Here though, it mimics live-action so well that you could feel everything. I could literally "feel" the weight Nagisa had on her shoulders, the huge tears coming from her eyes. And when you see her close-ups, like Tomoya, you'd want to start crying to. This moment reflects how far Japanese animation has come in a decade, and while it is a dissatisfying reminder for some people, I think it is a step in the right direction.

In all honesty, I'm surprised we didn't see more of Ibuki-sensei's husband after this, but given the drama of this episode already and how little we've seen of him, I can't say I miss him. And this fanclub of Fuko's seems to be more of a male religious cult than a group who actively sees and notices her. It's a little confusing as to what they do and in some ways it contradicts the whole point an the end. But I would imagine that it's something that could be left for the next coming episodes.

Now I would ask the people who are not really feeling the vibe of this storyline to do themselves a favor and not view the previews at the end of each subsequent episode in future storylines. I think not knowing what'll happen next refrains from speculation based on half-proven facts, which could set yourself up to an array of disappointment. A speculation should be a pure speculation. And if you don't speculate like I'm doing, simply watching the episode based on on-the-screen, slap-in-the-face facts, the emotions might hit you more.

Drama-wise, this is the best CLANNAD episode so far.
Old 2007-11-17, 13:46   Link #86
Kisuke06
I see...

I guess everything that I wanted to say has already been said so I will just leave a comment: I really couldn't imagine Sunohara in a serious scene like the end of this episode.
Old 2007-11-17, 14:13   Link #87
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
quite the touching scene i have to say...nagisa is such a cry baby...*begins to cry along*
that was how deeply tomoya was affected by her...

why nagisa is soo emotionally affected by the situation isnt explained but its either her nature to be moved by such things or that she has experience such tragic experiences beforehand and so understands the pain.

the ending was quite a shock with sunohara telling tomoya that fuko is disappearing...such a classic plot but it works ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-11-17, 16:21   Link #88
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
I think it was eluded a few episodes back that Nagisa gets emo because she is just that way. As to why, well, that's left open to interpretation until the producers explain otherwise.
Old 2007-11-17, 17:35   Link #89
Zarn
ナギさま~!

I agree, drama-wise this one was the best thus far. Can't wait for next week!

Last edited by Zarn; 2007-11-17 at 17:47.
Old 2007-11-17, 20:33   Link #90
gab_rey

A very good episode. Can't wait for the next one.
Old 2007-11-18, 05:53   Link #91
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Just finished watching episode 7 and Zaris pretty much summed it up for me aswell. Very good, loved the drama thought it was potrayed very well. Can't wait to see what happens next!
Old 2007-11-18, 12:41   Link #92
arkxkra
全力全開

this episode dun have Tomoyo's kick but have fans club protection and star attack ...
it getting and getting more, how should i say the feeling, is fuko really gone in the future or can't wake up?? If wake up, she might lose all the memory which happening now in school wit h Tomoya and other friend...

Nagisa crying that part was, i feel like want to cry ....
Old 2007-11-18, 17:55   Link #93
Meloria

Zaris makes a good post about my opinions on this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
You can tell the animators struggled hard to get you teary-eyed from this. In a normal anime from five, maybe ten years ago, the most that someone would do would be to keep a static shot that was very unmoving, limited number of frames and reaction shots, almost as if you were simply viewing a series of paintings. Here though, it mimics live-action so well that you could feel everything.
True this. Though only probably a few stood out - one that comes to mind (after watching most of the series recently) would be the "scene" in episode 31 of Rurouni Kenshin.

Also, I think it's a good thing we see a bit of Sunohara's softer side when he scolds those students "ignoring" Fuko. Comedy part of him aside, it'd be nice if this was continued, maybe a little more indepth.
Old 2007-11-18, 17:59   Link #94
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakis View Post
Zaris makes a good post about my opinions on this episode.

True this. Though only probably a few stood out - one that comes to mind (after watching most of the series recently) would be the "scene" in episode 31 of Rurouni Kenshin.

Also, I think it's a good thing we see a bit of Sunohara's softer side when he scolds those students "ignoring" Fuko. Comedy part of him aside, it'd be nice if this was continued, maybe a little more indepth.
I also agree about the Sunohara part, it was really nice to see a kinder side of him, makes him alot better of a character IMO.
Old 2007-11-19, 02:18   Link #95
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

I enjoyed this episode for its comedy, the fuuko star-attack and low-pitched whistle summoning a rush of club members, and the drama at the end, bleh, it feels like it's going to be another Makoto-ending arc (K2k6 ref.).
Old 2007-11-19, 07:45   Link #96
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
quite the touching scene i have to say...nagisa is such a cry baby...*begins to cry along*
that was how deeply tomoya was affected by her...

why nagisa is soo emotionally affected by the situation isnt explained but its either her nature to be moved by such things or that she has experience such tragic experiences beforehand and so understands the pain.

the ending was quite a shock with sunohara telling tomoya that fuko is disappearing...such a classic plot but it works ^^
I agree Nagisa is so emtional each and everytime she starts but thats one way you get drawn into the drama. Starfish attack and the fan club attack were excellent, Sunohara cant catch break can he? However listening to him at the end was also touching and his usually humor was replaced by general concern for Fu-Chan. This is just so sad as whatever power that allows everyone else but her sister to see and remember her is starting to fade. I felt so horrible thinking that this little girl has tried her hardest but people are forgetting her now definetly a tear jerker.

Nagisa vs Fu-Chan Starfish cuteness vs dongo that was one the funniest scenes i have seen, it was the most polite argument i have ever seen and it totally broke my brain lol. Although some people dont think Fu-Chan deserves this much screen time for her arc im enjoying i thinks very emotional once you get sucked in.
Old 2007-11-19, 08:28   Link #97
cshard

After reading some of the early posts that were concerned over the length of the Fuuko arc, I did a quick analysis. So far we've had:

Spoiler for Just in case this reveals something without me realising:

Anyway, my thoughts on the episode....

Spoiler for Episode thoughts:

Finally, regarding how the Fuuko arc will end,I wonder if...

Spoiler for Potential big spoiler:
Old 2007-11-19, 10:46   Link #98
Mikako

After watching this episode, I'm so glad I started watching this series out of boredom. Silly me, I thought it'd be your average drama+harem infested show.
... How wrong I was! Now I find myself getting totally hooked into this series AND the game as well. Guess you can't judge a book by its cover, huh? ^^;;

Anyway, with regards to this week's episode, all I can say is that watching Tomoya actually shedding tears -even though it may only be out of pity toward Nagisa- broke my heart. As someone else pointed out earlier, it also helps that it may have been one of the best animated parts of the show so far. Strangely enough, both characters -Nagisa and Tomoya- let their emotions come through more clearly -or logically- than Fuuko does. Then again, I guess you cannot compare each of their personalities, but personally I expected more of a dramatic breakdown from Fuuko, rather than Nagisa-- let alone Tomoya.
I'm really eager to learn why some people ignore Fuuko's existence, too.

Oh, and hitode FTW. x]
Old 2007-11-19, 11:41   Link #99
Zilch
From KeyFansClub...

The best episode until now. Funny,emotional and really absorbing.

I can't wait to see what will happen. Although I have known by the game.==
Old 2007-11-19, 11:48   Link #100
Mirificus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikako View Post
Strangely enough, both characters -Nagisa and Tomoya- let their emotions come through more clearly -or logically- than Fuuko does. Then again, I guess you cannot compare each of their personalities, but personally I expected more of a dramatic breakdown from Fuuko, rather than Nagisa-- let alone Tomoya.
It shouldn't really be strange at all. Fuko revealed earlier that she already knew, either intuitively or from experience, that she couldn't communicate directly with her sister so she has had to accept that. Nagisa and Tomoya, on the other hand, didn't truly believe Fuko so being confronted with the "reality" of her situation came as a shock to them.