AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-27, 18:33   Link #261
Who

I really hate necroing threads but seeing as how this news has been out for 2 days (and it being the 20th anniversary of the Fire Emblem series), I'm just going to post here.

Fire Emblem 12 has been announced. Another remake. It's the sequel to Shadow Dragon/Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi. Title is Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~ (New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Dark~)

Known changes to the game:
-Player is referred to as the Hero of Shadow.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 18:45   Link #262
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
I really hate necroing threads but seeing as how this news has been out for 2 days (and it being the 20th anniversary of the Fire Emblem series), I'm just going to post here.

Fire Emblem 12 has been announced. Another remake. It's the sequel to Shadow Dragon/Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi. Title is Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo ~Hikari to Kage no Eiyū~ (New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Dark~)

Known changes to the game:
-Player is referred to as the Hero of Shadow.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/
It's not really FE12. Like you said, it's just a remake of FE3.

I'm just hoping that they remake FE4 next. C'mon, let me make some broku fire emblem babies!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 01:12   Link #263
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Official website for the new game:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/vi2j/index.html

Wow, I was shocked... I didn't realize a new game was announced until today, but I really was stunned. FINALLY, a new game has been announced!
Sad it isn't a new game altogether, but a remake of FE2 is nice. i never got to play it after all. And DS too, so I can do it anywhere I want.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 02:18   Link #264
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Official website for the new game:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/vi2j/index.html

Wow, I was shocked... I didn't realize a new game was announced until today, but I really was stunned. FINALLY, a new game has been announced!
Sad it isn't a new game altogether, but a remake of FE2 is nice. i never got to play it after all. And DS too, so I can do it anywhere I want.
Actually a remake of FE3. Except, you can make your own character now.

A remake of FE2 would be nice though.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 11:24   Link #265
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post

A remake of FE2 would be nice though.
You can make your own character? In what capacity? Like, a random unit or is it more like the "tactician" in FE7?

Also, screw FE2 I demand FE4! Playing match-maker was one of the greatest things in any strategy game I've played.
Old 2010-06-13, 12:13   Link #266
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You can make your own character? In what capacity? Like, a random unit or is it more like the "tactician" in FE7?

Also, screw FE2 I demand FE4! Playing match-maker was one of the greatest things in any strategy game I've played.
You can choose your class, depending on the gender.

Males: Knight, Fighter, Mercenary
Females: Myrmidons and Pegasus Knights

Both: Archer, Mage, Cavalier

Personally, going to make a Mercenary first time, Knight second time, and Archer third time.

In addition... you can choose your appearance, name yourself, and your background or something (apparently, this influences base stat and growth, or so it's said).

# Name
# Class -
# Males can choose from Mercenary, Knight, Cavalier, Fighter, Archer or Mage.
# Females can be a Myrmidon, Pegasus Knight, Cavalier, Archer or Mage.
# Appearance - This includes 13 hairstyles, 10 hair colours and 10 types of eyes. There are even Mohawk and Afro hairstyles. You can set eyes to be closed or have eyepatches, and there are also mouth masks.
# You can choose your character's past, present and future (probably affects your stat growth) -
# Past: Merchant's child, Cleric's child, Orphan, Farmer's child, Noble's child
# Present: Beautiful, Wise, Diverse, Strong
# Future: Humanitarian, Truth-seeker, Recluse

The tactician is an entirely different character; her name is Katarina.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/My_Unit

Last edited by Who; 2010-06-13 at 19:30. Reason: Inserted Class customization options
Old 2010-06-13, 21:30   Link #267
GDB

Rofl, whaaaat? That is ridiculously awesome. And yeah, Mercenary and Myrmidon are the best choices, unless they give Pegasus Knights some broken terrain or weapons (or just have no archers in the game).
Old 2010-06-14, 00:11   Link #268
RisArk

Myrmidon's have sucked though since FE 6, though. Only if they start with insane strength in the first place like Mia FE 10 are they that decently good. Heroes are never bad, though.

They better have a double-eye patch option!
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 02:18   Link #269
farios

I know it's impossible but i'd love it if our original characters have an impact to the story
farios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 13:14   Link #270
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Ah...! I forgot, Gaiden came before Monsho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisArk View Post
Myrmidon's have sucked though since FE 6, though. Only if they start with insane strength in the first place like Mia FE 10 are they that decently good. Heroes are never bad, though.
You use Myrmidons out of love! They can suck all they want, but I'll still use them. Well, su-... Nevermind. Read too much Yakuin-domo these days...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 15:02   Link #271
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
You use Myrmidons out of love! They can suck all they want, but I'll still use them.
Exactly! I've made sure to use at least one ever since FE7 (which at the time, was my first FE). The only Lord I had leveled that much was Hector, so Eliwood and Lyn couldn't even touch the final boss without dying (and dying is bad for a main character). I had to sacrifice Guy to not get a Game Over, and he was the only death in the game. Live long, Myrmidon!
Old 2011-09-15, 02:07   Link #272
Who

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/confer...lem/index.html

I hate reviving threads, but... since there's only one thread for it, here's the announcement for Fire Emblem 13 for the 3DS.

Things we know so far:
-New story, setting is a kingdom called Iris (although a few people are spreading rumors that it takes place in Magvel, which is the setting of FE8).
-Interface (i.e: level up screen) is changed.
-You can travel on the world map, like Sacred Stones
-Your characters can assist each other when they're in proximity of one another (like supports but active).
-Main lord is named Krom. Uses a Falchion type weapon.
-Skills like Astra are returning.
-Release slated in Japan for Spring 2012

Oh, and a group has picked up translating FE12 once again quite some time ago. Just search FE12 translation project on google.
Old 2012-11-22, 02:37   Link #273
Destined_Fate

http://www.heroesofshadow.net/2012/1...hing-v300.html

Fire Emblem 12 has been translated and just left Beta testing. You can now play it! However you're on your own when it comes to getting the game itself, I will no help you and I'm sure like many sites on the web this one will not stand for links being posted that show you where to get the game by certain means either. So don't post them here!

Do not ask for the game at that site either, they made it clear that you must find out on your own as per their policy.

I can attest that so far the game is running fine and is 100% English. However, as this is their first public release there may still be grammar/spelling errors and bugs that weren't caught in BETA. If you find them please report it to the team that translated this.

I'll start.

My MU is a Mercenary and his history is...

Merchant's child(Past)
Beautiful(Present)
Recluse(Future)

So he was born as a Merchant's child and is very beautiful but will eventually choose to live a life of Recluse after the game.

Spoiler:

Oh, here are Growth rates and what the Past, Present, and Future stuff does.

http://serenesforest.net/fe12/char_growth_a.html
http://serenesforest.net/fe12/myunit.html
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 09:24   Link #274
Who

I just had to find out about this on Thanksgiving... wonder if I can resist the urge to play until tomorrow.

I'll start off as a Knight and pick all the speed bonuses at the customization screen.
Old 2012-11-22, 15:10   Link #275
Destined_Fate

MU creation doesn't work that way. If you pick a Speed boost in Past than you can't pick it for Present or Future.
Old 2012-11-22, 17:35   Link #276
Who

In that case, Honorable for the Future choice. Whichever boosts Res for the Present and not too sure for the Past, since MU tends to have decent Luck growths and Knights have good Str/Skill/Def/HP to begin with.
Old 2012-11-22, 23:03   Link #277
Shadow5YA

Do the three extra downloadable missions affect the main game in any way?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 14:54   Link #278
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I can attest that so far the game is running fine and is 100% English. However, as this is their first public release there may still be grammar/spelling errors and bugs that weren't caught in BETA. If you find them please report it to the team that translated this.
Those things should have been caught before a public release. That's what a beta testing period is for.
Old 2012-11-23, 16:41   Link #279
Destined_Fate

Sorta like how every game or patch ever released was 100% bug-free, right?

Give them a break, they did all they could. There's no way such a small group will find everything even with their beta testing. Just like how multi-billion dollar companies still release far buggier games and patches.
Old 2012-11-24, 15:48   Link #280
Zakoo

I didn't manage to find the Capricorn in chapter 9, it's supposed to be in a chest but there's not a single one appearing in this desert.

h3lp please.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote