AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-14, 07:25   Link #21
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Namika could be the imouto of the season at this rate. Energetic, straight-forward and adorable in every ways. A break from typical tsundere or meek little sister. Her dialect is a plus also

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
I love Namaika's little intros in each episode, you cant tell if she has an incest interest in him or just messing with him.
Well they do plays on the facts that these siblings have been living away from each others. And the tittle in ep 3 was the reference to Oreimo i believe
Old 2013-01-14, 14:06   Link #22
Nerroth
NePoi!

So, is this from the same production studio as gdgd Fairies? Since they were watching it in the second episode.

Last edited by Nerroth; 2013-01-14 at 14:20.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 18:19   Link #23
Angry Cat

Even if I'm not particularly familiar with the stereotype about the people from Osaka I'm finding this series hilarious.

Of course, Namika's Osaka-ben is half the show. It's really enjoyable to listen to.
Angry Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 23:12   Link #24
Midonin
Last Engage

So this show and Haganai NEXT are both running with the idea of "light novel title parodies" for their episode titles. For example, this week's was the recently finished OniAi. They haven't overlapped on title references yet, but by this time next week, they will have. (That title? OreImo.)

And I do agree with the people who say just listening to Namika's accent makes the show enjoyable. (Though I've gotten a lot of mileage out of that accent with Akane over in Smile Precure. Come to think of it, I saw the candy bag thing there, too. Maybe.)

For only being three minutes long, the show's got several running types of references through it. The light novel titles I mentioned above, all of Namika's bath songs referring to Japanese pop songs themselves, and random things like the "Thinker" pose in one of the cards. That Osaka girls are looking for funny guys sounds right up my alley. And also Jessica Rabbit's.

Also, sports team underpants. For the discerning little sister.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 03:16   Link #25
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by regeny View Post
That umbrella holder isn't really an Osaka speciality. I saw them in Tokyo as well last summer. Maybe it's just a bit more common there or something.
It's like this: You can see them when you're in Tokyo, but you should expect them when you're in Osaka.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 06:20   Link #26
Kakkou
Tch.

Did anyone take a good look at the ED credits? It's the best joke in episode 4.

Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 18:33   Link #27
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Still liking this short series - not much to it, but charming enough.
Old 2013-01-19, 19:33   Link #28
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Hmm, just about to start off this short series. (Was surprised by how short it is) So I'll be bracing myself for some strange things.
Old 2013-01-19, 21:11   Link #29
Dop
Mmmm....

I was amused by the general theme of episode 4.

"Will you go out with me?"
"I'll think about it".

Not what you want to hear.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 21:41   Link #30
Sumeragi
Banned

At least from those Osakajins.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 00:28   Link #31
Midonin
Last Engage

That was more baseball talk than I expected. But I got twice the Tigers in anime this week, the first instance being Kirara Bernstein as a fan of the team. Though her take on why she likes the Tigers is a little... different. I've never heard of a little sister asking to have their back hair shaved, and I'm pretty sure I never will again. Kyosuke, may you some day find a use for those hair clips.

They say a person can get used to anything, and this is proving true this season. Gyrozetter's CGI, gdgd's... CGI and this show's Flash animation have gone from unusual outliers to having their own charm, simply because I've gotten used to it.
Old 2013-01-26, 19:12   Link #32
garbage

hey why the episode 1.5, or special or whatever. kinda funny for a 3-5 minute anime to have a special. but still is funny, namika really carries the show ( loved that accent), and the culture tie in really is great makes me remember my time in Osaka .I guess it's because
Spoiler for ep 1.5:
Old 2013-01-29, 10:20   Link #33
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Did anyone take a good look at the ED credits? It's the best joke in episode 4.

Explain this, anyone? :P
Old 2013-01-29, 11:22   Link #34
garbage

^ hmmm if you notice the VA ( voice actress ) voicing all of those characters except the 2 main are the same. That's Yuka Iguchi (井口 裕香) she's mainly voicing Kaede (楓 , third on the list) the pink haired glasses wearing classmate/friend of Namika. so on this episode she also voiced the teacher, the old lady, the 3 guys confessing to Namika, & the 2 guy friends of the last confessor.

Quite talented no?

BTW she's also
maria in Haganai
mako in GuP
tsukihi in Bake/Nisemonogatari
mero in sankarea
index in To aru majutsu no index

well that's some of them...
Old 2013-01-29, 19:28   Link #35
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well - once again it is confirmed that I enjoy this series. Very "breezy" - in a good sense. The end songs (and comments by her brother) often make me literally giggle out loud. ^^
Old 2013-01-29, 19:54   Link #36
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I already liked this series, but when they started talking Hanshin Tigers and threw in a Randy Bass joke, I could only bow my head in awe.

My sisters are older then me, but seriously, if one of them had asked me to shave their back I would have taken my own life.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 23:08   Link #37
Midonin
Last Engage

Another week where Yuka Iguchi plays every bit part. Now that I knew to look for it, I noticed it a little more, but she's putting a lot of work into this show. As for Namika, she looks like she'd be fun to hang around with, but her shopping habits would make the trips take a lot longer. She did look cute in that gaudy patterned outfit, though. It's always good to have a style.
Old 2013-02-08, 01:42   Link #38
garbage

ahaha they're really making Iguchi work here eh, but she's good though ^^

namika with her accent & style so cool, so entertaining every week but that's a lot of patterns!
Old 2013-02-08, 23:06   Link #39
Midonin
Last Engage

A tendency to speak loudly and to make malapropisms. Namika's just like me! (Really, tonight I used the phrase "PDF Chang's" before my mind caught up to what my mouth was saying.) And for those curious, the home video version of the show will remove the soap bubbles. Though I don't know how much merit that has given the show's obviously cheap animation style.
Old 2013-02-11, 07:53   Link #40
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
^ hmmm if you notice the VA ( voice actress ) voicing all of those characters except the 2 main are the same. That's Yuka Iguchi (井口 裕香) she's mainly voicing Kaede (楓 , third on the list) the pink haired glasses wearing classmate/friend of Namika. so on this episode she also voiced the teacher, the old lady, the 3 guys confessing to Namika, & the 2 guy friends of the last confessor.

Quite talented no?

BTW she's also
maria in Haganai
mako in GuP
tsukihi in Bake/Nisemonogatari
mero in sankarea
index in To aru majutsu no index

well that's some of them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Another week where Yuka Iguchi plays every bit part. Now that I knew to look for it, I noticed it a little more, but she's putting a lot of work into this show. As for Namika, she looks like she'd be fun to hang around with, but her shopping habits would make the trips take a lot longer. She did look cute in that gaudy patterned outfit, though. It's always good to have a style.
Was watching this anime for Namika, honestly, without prejudgement of this anime quality, she would have been serious candidate for this year best female character award

Yuka Iguchi is basically voicing everyone other than the siblings, isn't she?