AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-20, 21:28   Link #381
Molenir

Quote:
I am just going to give an example. The last scene between Aoba and Koh went unnoticed for me when I read it in the manga, but it was so clear in the anime that I really can't believe that went over my head.
Sorry, to which scene are you referring to? And what do you mean by it? Having read much of the manga, I thought the Aoba Koh coupling was fairly obvious from the very beginning. Immediately after Wakabas death. Of course that doesn't mean the story will go that way, but it seemed like that was the probable direction based on the setup.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 22:32   Link #382
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Sorry, to which scene are you referring to? And what do you mean by it? Having read much of the manga, I thought the Aoba Koh coupling was fairly obvious from the very beginning. Immediately after Wakabas death. Of course that doesn't mean the story will go that way, but it seemed like that was the probable direction based on the setup.
i am talking about the scene of them going back home in the train and Aoba lines about koh becoming the #1 pitcher and then she sighing because Koh is so dence, at this point I didn't think there was anything going on between them. The anime has made it more obvious than the manga at this stage.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-05-20 at 22:49.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 00:05   Link #383
Molenir

I don't believe there is anything going on between them at this point. There are some obvious feelings, but they're not romantic feelings, not really even the budding of romantic feelings at this point. Just the possibility that they could develop, depending on story direction. At this point in time, theres more of a love/hate relationship. Despite the attraction she feels towards him, she feels there can't be anything there, because he is Wakaba's and because he reminds her too much of her sister. He of course likes her, but she is Wakaba's sister, so again, nothing there. Basically its a relationship limbo, which we the viewer want to see progress.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 21:01   Link #384
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

DragoonKain:

Unforunately, I've caught your reply too late, and the thread has long since moved on. In light of monir's request, let us continue the discussion at another time.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 13:50   Link #385
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

In celebration of episode 8, here's an obnoxious gif that's in dire need of some context.

Spoiler for Just a gif:
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 13:59   Link #386
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
In celebration of episode 8, here's an obnoxious gif that's in dire need of some context.

Spoiler for Just a gif:
Spoiler for About the gif:
Old 2009-05-24, 22:46   Link #387
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

One word review of 08:

Spoiler for 08:
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 01:05   Link #388
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

An Okay from you is the best compliment I can get.

What is this... strange otherworldy feeling I'm having inside? Feels so warm and fuzzy and... electric and strange. Am I have heart arrythmia?

That said, episode 9 is time for Kou to shine. It'll either be epic win or epic fail, I hope on the earlier.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 15:14   Link #389
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Hmmm. I'm beginning to suspect that Kitamura Koh may in fact be GAR.
Old 2009-05-25, 17:33   Link #390
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, that he is, my friend. That he is...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 00:17   Link #391
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Hmmm. I'm beginning to suspect that Kitamura Koh may in fact be GAR.
that is one of the talents of Adachi, he makes the main male character likeable and always bordering in the GAR
Old 2009-05-26, 06:36   Link #392
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

And in this episode, we finally get to the bottom of why Aoba inherently dislikes Ko so much. On the other hand, we also get another scene where Aoba does indeed 'feel' something from Ko's pitch. Hopefully we get more contrasts like these in future episodes, as indeed its the cornerstone of Aoba and Ko's relationship.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 08:28   Link #393
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Yeap... it's like the first born's jealousy of the newborn just because their parents are diverting significant portion of their attention to the newborn. So when the first born says, "ma ma" to acknowledge the newborn, the smart newborn does well to take it as the utmost of compliments. Yeap..

Aoba's core was reverberating like a tuning fork as Koh was throwing those pitches. Just that simple scene elevated the entire episode which was nothing but an ordinary set-up episode till then. I suppose this episode marks the beginning of something special between these two.

Well.. well... Hasn't it become interesting! Both team is set for their practice match. Each team is consisting of the following players:

The upstart team

1. Tsuneki - Center
2. Kayama - Short Stop
3. Sekiguchi - Second Base
4. Makihara - Third Base
5. Koh - Pitcher
6. Miya - Left Field
7. Akayishi - Catcher
8. Nakanishi - First Base
9. Iwayi - Right Field
V.S.....The "elite" team

1. Miki - Center
2. Onoda - Right Field
3. Kishibe - Short Stop
4. Azuma - First Base
5. Kubo - Third Base
6. Takizawa - Catcher
7. Ishiguro - Second Base
8. Obura - Left Field
9. Jokeboy - Pitcher

The typesetter will have something to do in this episode. Ganbare...

It also seems this colorful old man will be the one to play some hand in dealing with the overly ambitious vice principal. Some screens for episode 8:

Looking forward to the next episode.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 15:28   Link #394
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And in this episode, we finally get to the bottom of why Aoba inherently dislikes Ko so much. On the other hand, we also get another scene where Aoba does indeed 'feel' something from Ko's pitch. Hopefully we get more contrasts like these in future episodes, as indeed its the cornerstone of Aoba and Ko's relationship.
yeah, this was one of the most significant events in the aoba x Koh reconciliation.
Old 2009-05-26, 18:02   Link #395
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
An Okay from you is the best compliment I can get.....
Yeah. That was the line. On the one hand, I wondered: where did that come from? On the other, I thought: go! Sorry, I'm more into romance than gar. Maybe we'll eventually get both? But I do think the romance is all in the audience's mind and not in the protagonists'. So far.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 19:15   Link #396
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Well, he respects Aoba for her skills, and he knows that any imperfection would get amplified 10 folds in her comments, and there's absolutely no way she'd give him any praises, so an okay from her certainly bear significant weights.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 19:26   Link #397
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I really think it's just a case of "This girl is incapable of being nice to me. If she doesn't say I suck, I must be pretty good." I don't read any more into Koh going to her for feedback than that. That said, Koh is a 15 year-old boy and thus, probably constitutionally incapable of any interaction with an attractive 14 year-old girl without some sort of sexual underpinnings, no matter how implacable he is on the surface.
Old 2009-05-26, 21:03   Link #398
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm of the assumption that the romance is still a good ways off, which is good, because I don't want a really contracted love story.

That said, I want the next episode to be full of Koh epic pwnage win or else I'll be sorely disappointed.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 21:07   Link #399
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I really think it's just a case of "This girl is incapable of being nice to me. If she doesn't say I suck, I must be pretty good." I don't read any more into Koh going to her for feedback than that. That said, Koh is a 15 year-old boy and thus, probably constitutionally incapable of any interaction with an attractive 14 year-old girl without some sort of sexual underpinnings, no matter how implacable he is on the surface.
I agree with you on the first part completely. I think any sexuality in Kou's relationship with Aoba doesn't go beyond the teasing he did when Senda caught them together at the Kitamura's. And Kou was certainly not surprised at Aoba's reaction then.

I think Kou's got Aoba's responses figured out. Aoba doesn't have Kou figured out because she's never known the real Kou - only the Kou who was an evil villain in her mind because he monopolized Waka's time.
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 21:28   Link #400
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
I think Kou's got Aoba's responses figured out. Aoba doesn't have Kou figured out because she's never known the real Kou - only the Kou who was an evil villain in her mind because he monopolized Waka's time.
I have always been against the trope that Hate leads to love from fictional stories. I have never seen this happen outside of hollywood and entertainment. In this case, I am hoping that the trope happens with Aoba and Kou.

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports