AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-10, 22:17   Link #101
zarkand

I agree, it shouldn't take a punch and a kick to knock Naruto to the point were its hard for him to get back up. He has taking a lot bigger beating before and gotten up.

Anyway, maybe this us just nothing but did anyone notice that the Kyubi's cage looked like it was crack in that shot? In chapter 95 in had some cracks, but no were near the amount on page 16 in 230.
zarkand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 22:23   Link #102
wb_hicks

if you look the reason naruto couldnt get up was becasue sasuke had one of his legs. naruto even said he couldnt get up cause of it. so there was little to no damage on narutos part just he couldnt get up from his position with one of his legs being held up. and now that i reread it it looks like sasuke was trying to drown naruto by holding him somewhat upside down
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 22:31   Link #103
FearTheMullet

What kind of logic are you morons using? That strong people don't get hurt? Arnold Swarzeneger in his prime could eat me alive, but if I punched him in the face he would be hurt, bone on bone hurts.
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 22:35   Link #104
zarkand

Even if Sasuke was trying to drown him, looking at the position Naruto is in, he still has plently of options to escape Sasuke's grasp. He has his hands free, so it could do kage bunshin, or just use stand of the water with charka. he could just use his other leg and try to kick Sasuke or kick his hand away.
Old 2004-09-10, 22:38   Link #105
CyberPunk

i'd also like to point out that naruto's insane speed could very well be the reason he's hurting so much after rocketing himself into sasuke's fist and foot.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 22:40   Link #106
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheMullet
What kind of logic are you morons using? That strong people don't get hurt? Arnold Swarzeneger in his prime could eat me alive, but if I punched him in the face he would be hurt, bone on bone hurts.
Even Kurenai was hit by Itachi while blocking though and wasn't really hurt... If you punch him in the face would he be hurt? Depends on how strong/weak you are. But Naruto in this state shouldn't be able to be hurt by a Genin. Sasuke went from a genin to nearly jounin power in 1 chapter.

If you put your fist out and a car hits it, will your hand be hurt? Yes.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 22:42   Link #107
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarkand
Even if Sasuke was trying to drown him, looking at the position Naruto is in, he still has plently of options to escape Sasuke's grasp. He has his hands free, so it could do kage bunshin, or just use stand of the water with charka. he could just use his other leg and try to kick Sasuke or kick his hand away.

Narutos an idiot and he would never think of that :P
Old 2004-09-10, 22:46   Link #108
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Even Kurenai was hit by Itachi while blocking though and wasn't really hurt... If you punch him in the face would he be hurt? Depends on how strong/weak you are. But Naruto in this state shouldn't be able to be hurt by a Genin. Sasuke went from a genin to nearly jounin power in 1 chapter.

Narutos power is at an awesome level yes, but, he took the punch straight in the face. In his jaw. But naruto isn't made of steel. Kabuto survived a Rasnengan by concentrating his chakkra. Maybe sasuke did the same (inane trans is out) and he says using
Spoiler:
I tihnk the punch more shocked naruto and the kick hurt him (sever trauma to the spinal column?)
Old 2004-09-10, 22:49   Link #109
zarkand

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk
i'd also like to point out that naruto's insane speed could very well be the reason he's hurting so much after rocketing himself into sasuke's fist and foot.
If that was true, then Sasuke being able to dodge all of Naruto attacks with ease defeats that "even if your eyes can see it, its doesn't matter if your body can't move at that speed". I would like to say Naruto's speed went down after he started to calm down and talk to Sasuke, but there is no proof of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearTheMullet
Narutos an idiot and he would never think of that :P
Well, thats true, but Naruto has always been able to do some creative things with Kage Bunshin. Then would be the time for them.
Old 2004-09-10, 22:49   Link #110
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName

Who said he was really hurt by it? It just knocked him back. People here are acting as if Kyuubi turns his flesh into steel or something. It's obvious that the punch didn't really injure him, all it did was stop his momentum and people are acting like it's some huge travesty that he didn't trample Sasuke anyway after running face-first into his fist. When you're going that fast and you smash right into a solid object, it's going to hurt. Naruto's strength doesn't mean anything if he doesn't attack.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 22:49   Link #111
wb_hicks

Quote:
yes true but kyubi didnt seem to time to even think of any other options. sasuke was able to get two hits which b4 he wasnt even able to do. i guess the difference between sasuke sharingan and the sharingan he has now in terms of seeing. is that a full sharingan predicts what it sees whiile a non develop only sees. but i have to say sasuke is the 1st person naruto if facing that isnt really underestemating him. ya he confedent that in the end he will still win. but seeing what naruto can do 1st hand makes it understandable when you read the beginning of the fight to now why he trying to end this fight as fast as possible. after this fight i wonder what lvl they will be at since theya re pushing each other to their limits and then surpassing it. is this new form of kyubi-naruto the true form or is it a sign that kyubi is making a bond with naruto and is influencing his action.

and i wonder what kyubi ment by they are alot alike. is he saying the 4th was weak yet determined or something.
Old 2004-09-10, 22:55   Link #112
Hideki Keiji

Quote:
But Naruto in this state shouldn't be able to be hurt by a Genin. Sasuke went from a genin to nearly jounin power in 1 chapter.
Naruto wasn't hurt, IMO. Sasuke's punch knocked him away from the cliff, and as they are fighting on the side of a cliff, he fell down into the water. This isn't Dragonball Z, Naruto can't fly. Naruto immediately leapt out of the water, only to have Sasuke knock him away from the cliff again. Without a cliff to attach himself to, Naruto can't stop falling. This isn't an issue of strength, it's simply the location they're fighting in.
Edit: Is it just me, or are the extra pics much better than normal?
Hideki Keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 23:00   Link #113
zarkand

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb_hicks
yes true but kyubi didnt seem to time to even think of any other options. sasuke was able to get two hits which b4 he wasnt even able to do. i guess the difference between sasuke sharingan and the sharingan he has now in terms of seeing. is that a full sharingan predicts what it sees whiile a non develop only sees. but i have to say sasuke is the 1st person naruto if facing that isnt really underestemating him. ya he confedent that in the end he will still win. but seeing what naruto can do 1st hand makes it understandable when you read the beginning of the fight to now why he trying to end this fight as fast as possible. after this fight i wonder what lvl they will be at since theya re pushing each other to their limits and then surpassing it. is this new form of kyubi-naruto the true form or is it a sign that kyubi is making a bond with naruto and is influencing his action.
That does make sense, but it brings to light did Kyubi, in a ways, force the charka on Naruto, or did Naruto ask for some?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb_hicks
and i wonder what kyubi ment by they are alot alike. is he saying the 4th was weak yet determined or something.
I think this comment, coupled with Jiraiya's, maybe leading into Naruto and/or the 4th's past. Assume Naruto heard what the Kyubi said, Naruto would have to be wondering about that afterward, during the aftermath of this arc.
Old 2004-09-10, 23:02   Link #114
wb_hicks

Quote:
If that was true, then Sasuke being able to dodge all of Naruto attacks with ease defeats that "even if your eyes can see it, its doesn't matter if your body can't move at that speed". I would like to say Naruto's speed went down after he started to calm down and talk to Sasuke, but there is no proof of that.

Well, thats true, but Naruto has always been able to do some creative things with Kage Bunshin. Then would be the time for them.

the seeing and body was true all the way until sasuke sharingan evoled. even tho he cant keep up but that doesnt matter if he knows b4 hand when narutos going to be b4 he gets there, then him being slower then naruto wouldnt make much of a difference. the uchiha clan were some monsters
Old 2004-09-10, 23:04   Link #115
CyberPunk

Quote:

where'd you draw that conclusion from? nothing has changed since last chapter. naruto is still much faster than sasuke. that quote was said by rock lee to a sasuke possessing an under developed sharingan. like someone else said, if you can accurately predict something far enough ahead of time, their speed doesn't matter then, does it? that's what is happening now that sasuke has his 3rd tomoe.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 23:12   Link #116
wb_hicks

Quote:
I think this comment, coupled with Jiraiya's, maybe leading into Naruto and/or the 4th's past. Assume Naruto heard what the Kyubi said, Naruto would have to be wondering about that afterward, during the aftermath of this arc.

i wouldnt be surpised. alot of things are being revealed in this arc. the true reason for the clan destruction, why sasuke is the way he is, how naruto see's the ones close to him as family, and when and why sasuke because his revival. we know more about oro immortality jutsu. how neji attitude has changed since his fight with naruto and i have to say he seem alot stronger now then when he fought naruto(seem like he was given determination which could be something he lacled). even fat ass choji we found out why he seems so weak when his selfesteem is holding back he true potiential. ya alot of things are coming to light. and after writing this thinking how they are becoming monsters at young ages and still be rank as a genin is scary when you think about the damage they will do in the next chuunin exam.
Old 2004-09-10, 23:15   Link #117
Sheriff lobo

humm....that rant by sasuke about naruto not being able to put a scrach on his forehead, anyone else see where this will lead to? Naruto WILL (its his character, if he's told he cant do it he'll try even harder) scrach his forehead or should i say the head guard leaving a scrach through the konoha symbol marking sasuke as a missing-nin or not just a lil prediction
Sheriff lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 23:20   Link #118
zarkand

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk
where'd you draw that conclusion from? nothing has changed since last chapter. naruto is still much faster than sasuke. that quote was said by rock lee to a sasuke possessing an under developed sharingan. like someone else said, if you can accurately predict something far enough ahead of time, their speed doesn't matter then, does it? that's what is happening now that sasuke has his 3rd tomoe.
I can see that to be true, but then that means that if your ever going to fight against a sharingan user, you would have to be able to defeat the sharingan first. Zabuza's mist justu shut down Kakashi's sharingan, but I can't see it working on a higher level Sharingan user like Itachi, or Sasuke when that time comes. Wonder how well drunken Lee would work against Sasuke's sharingan.
Old 2004-09-10, 23:23   Link #119
wb_hicks

i wonder how much more can naruto make sasuke sweet a bit of fear.

with this lvl of kyubi-naruto how much of a chance would he face against kimi. its clear that sasuke is dealing with the true kyubi-naruto while other gotten samples.
Old 2004-09-10, 23:37   Link #120
biassj

Quote:

Yea, very interesting. Brings back how Naruto is related to The Fourth. I think the Fourth has something to do with Kyubi and why it attacked Konoha.
biassj is offline   Reply With Quote