AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 61 37.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 26.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 17.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 9.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.85%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-27, 08:13   Link #41
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Excuse me, I need to scream something first.
Spoiler for scream:
You've got my whole-hearted support, man

As people have already mentioned, they seems to have done their best to put everything in mere 25minutes... but that simply wasn't enough.
The "Curtain Call" has been cut, so are Ootaka-Kun, U-string lock and last but not least, the Devil's Scenario TIPS.
Also the duel scene could use a bit more length IMO, for that was rather too short to give the impression of they're really enjoying themselves in duel.

In short, they really should've spent 6eps for Tsumihoroboshi-hen, which must have made it much better... but I dunno what chapter we should take it from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Spoiler:
Honestly I didn't expect any for BGM anymore, and DEEN proved that they're trustworthy in that aspect
It would have been much better if it were arranges from original game, but that's what MADs are for... I'm sure some willful soul would do that.

So, now that the Anime's over, what we gonna do here?
I heard that F/SN board went for revealing all spoiler from all routes, because whatever game players say, "This is it" for anime watcher.
If we gonna take the same path, I'm eager to help "spoiling" as one of game player in this board...
However, if Gosanke (kj, Sushi and LB ) thinks otherwise - or they determined some kind of guide-line already? - I'll make sure that I'll follow that myself.
Old 2006-09-27, 08:55   Link #42
chrno_the_sinner

Actually, I meant I thought that Rika might've used the syringe during her confrontation with Rena in 26. I just find it a little hard to believe that Rena could be saved by friendship alone when even Keiichi couldn't back in Onikakushi. Since we didn't see the actual fight (as far as I know, Game players could confirm), Rika could've very well used the syringe.

And yeah, a ___ for Rika would've been nice. It seemes hard to defend yourself against a hatchet without some kind of weapon/defence piece.
Old 2006-09-27, 09:04   Link #43
imac2much

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
In this arc paticular the TIPs Rena's Hideout, My Fav Wine, Last Night, to some degree Reason to Move to Hinamizawa, and the last TIP for this arc which will go up soon. For the other arcs... read the TIP section. They're scattered about in there.
Well I've read all the TIPs so far. I was more referring to certain scenes in the anime that aren't necessarily in the TIPs, that alluded to future arcs. For example, the scene with the other cop trying to come to the rescue here or something, supposedly that was cut out because it alludes to Minagoroshi hen? And I believe there was something similar like this in ep 25, and someone said "well they probably took it out because there won't be any Minagoroshihen."
Old 2006-09-27, 12:17   Link #44
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Well, I fully understand Rena and her situation and stuff... But on the other hand, if the thing she wanted was love, she should`ve gone totally kawaii-kana-and-stuff on Keiichi. IMO only real gay would be able to resist that mixture...[/kinda quoting Suzumiya Haruhi]
Old 2006-09-27, 13:44   Link #45
USCPharmacist

I for one think the episode was great, and I am geting a little bit sick of people complaining about how the series should 200 episodes long, or that the Heaven and Hell scene should be as impressive as Star War 3, as if budget grows on tree. Not only does it not grow on tree, the studio has to split the budget amoung advertising, buying TV slot, dvd production and profits. There is only so much a producing can do with limited amount of money, unless he is Mr. T or McGuyver who can make Thermal nuclear device out of a pencil, a piece of bubble gum and some tape.

Furthermore, scenes that were cut were not entirely the producer's fault. I am pretty sure if the fan can think of some good way to put the story together that the producer can do it better. However, have you fans ever try to act out all the scenes you think they should be in the episode against that 24 mins hard cap? You will find it impossible to put everything in without going over because the sound novel never have to worry about it to begin with and can put as much efforts into making a certain scenes perfect.

I am not saying the episode is perfect, but complaint after complant from episode 1 to episode 26 is a bit tiresome, why not just enjoy what's good about the episode and read the tip section from the game to complete the story on your own.
Old 2006-09-27, 13:56   Link #46
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Linegod
Actually, that was one of the things that was left out back in episode 25. Rika visited Rena during the time when she was hiding in her 'secret hideout', just before Keiichi did. She presented the syringe to her and offered the injection. But Rena who was overtaken by her own madness, accused Rika of attempting to kill her the same way that Tomitake was murdered. Whether the syringe was a cure or not was never clearly stated, but Rika did mentioned that the substance inside was different from those used on Tomitake.

EDIT: A question to those who play the game -
Spoiler for About Onikakushi:
Actually, Rika doesn't know if Tomitake was drugged or not.

Rena accuses her, but read Rika's response again.
Quote:
「The shot that Tomitake had, huh? But this is different. Okay?」
「富竹の注射はね。でもこれは違うわよ。本当よ?」

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagematt
And he is supposed to be the lead translator

Ahh, how can I redeem myself here...

D = Disappointing
E = Entertainment
A = Administrator for the people that weren't
N = Non-gamers?

Actually, I think KJ and Sushi-Y translate better than me. I'm still quite a bit inexperienced as this was my first TL project along with Zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imac2much
Well I've read all the TIPs so far. I was more referring to certain scenes in the anime that aren't necessarily in the TIPs, that alluded to future arcs. For example, the scene with the other cop trying to come to the rescue here or something, supposedly that was cut out because it alludes to Minagoroshi hen? And I believe there was something similar like this in ep 25, and someone said "well they probably took it out because there won't be any Minagoroshihen."

Spoiler for since you asked:
Old 2006-09-27, 14:15   Link #47
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy
I heard that F/SN board went for revealing all spoiler from all routes, because whatever game players say, "This is it" for anime watcher.
If we gonna take the same path, I'm eager to help "spoiling" as one of game player in this board...
However, if Gosanke (kj, Sushi and LB ) thinks otherwise - or they determined some kind of guide-line already? - I'll make sure that I'll follow that myself.
I'd disagree with that option on two grounds; Higurashi isn't an utter disappointment like FSN was, and Ryukishi07 is offering us a challenge to solve the mystery of Higurashi before cannonballing into Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen. I've been marathoning Detective Conan for two weeks now to get the right mindset for analyzing this show; I'd feel really bad if I was just fed the answers by the game players.
Old 2006-09-27, 14:34   Link #48
rogueblade

Well, i'm PISSED.
The episode itself is fine, really enjoyed watching it, but the plot "finale" is just annoying the heck outta me.

Spoiler for For end of story thingy going on:

Anyway, i must say.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
To WinD for subbing this entire series, you guys deserve a chocolate bar.

And that'll be the end of my brief spell in anime, seeing as the upcoming shows don't really interest me,... unless there's a Suzumiya Haruhi 2 on the works...
Old 2006-09-27, 14:50   Link #49
BakaOnna

I've noticed a trend. Whenever an episode discussion is over 2 pages BEFORE the sub is out, you know it'll be a bad episode. >.< Sigh, why did it have to be the last episode though.
Old 2006-09-27, 15:07   Link #50
imac2much

Spoiler for In response to Lostblue:
Old 2006-09-27, 15:13   Link #51
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Quote:

Spoiler for Tsumihoroboshi Hen:
Could you please desribe that more troughly? I`m curious about it ^^
Old 2006-09-27, 16:07   Link #52
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by imac2much
Spoiler for In response to Lostblue:
Yeah, when I saw them stop on the needle in the ohagi and sit on that scene for a few seconds I was totally waiting for the needle to disappear or something. I guess there's no quick visual way to explain it was tabasco sauce and DEEN was pressed for time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna
I've noticed a trend. Whenever an episode discussion is over 2 pages BEFORE the sub is out, you know it'll be a bad episode. >.< Sigh, why did it have to be the last episode though.
It wasn't that bad for the ending to the anime itself. There were some spectacular one-liners and Rena's entrance at the beginning was just perfect. The very end did sort of feel like an advertisement for Minagoroshi-hen, but I think game players enjoyed it.

Last edited by LuckyCat; 2006-09-28 at 01:21.
Old 2006-09-27, 16:55   Link #53
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna
...It wasn't a bad episode.

The amount of commenting is probably because it IS the last episode.

Old 2006-09-27, 17:19   Link #54
Wanderer
Goat

As a non game player, I had mixed feelings. I really liked episode 25 and had heard some hype about the conclusion of Tsumihoroboshi-hen, so I had some high expectations... which I can't say were completely met. Animation could have been better, but as for skipped scenes, the problem is simply the time constraints. Everything else they might have put in would require cutting the time allotted for something else. It certainly doesn't seem like they ever put anything in that would be easy to cut.

Between what the anime shows and what people say, it is getting a bit difficult to keep track of things. This is how things go in the game as I can gather. Can a game player confirm this?

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-27, 18:49   Link #55
LostBlue
祭囃子

I'm sure I missed more things. That was just the ones off the top of my head. Most likely the tip of that iceberg.

In respose to USCPharmacist about the complaints. I agree to a degree. DEEN does deserves credit for doing it and getting it out there. But DEEN did a Grade C job at it to the game players' eyes. Reason why this is a ANIME of a SOUND NOVEL.

DEEN you gotta to get at least one of these things right.

#1 the Sound. Not using the any of music or sound effects from the game or subsituting it with something on par was a poor decision. It is a SOUND novel. The SOUND is a big part of the experience.

#2 is the animation. This is an ANIME. It was horrible how the animation quality dropped as the series progressed. The quality was low to begin with but... woah, the sakugas aren't even average quality to today's standard, IMO. Heck, there will be less complaints if the sakugas were at least consistant. DEEN is capable of this, that's what makes it more frustrating. Personally, what annoyed me the most is the stuff DEEN added animation-wise which serve no purpose other than distract from the story in a bad way.

#3 is the story. For the most part, I don't blame DEEN for skipping some of the stuff. Getting even 26 episodes was a blessing. But Tatarigoroshi was bad... I mean terrible... I mean horrible. Tatarigoroshi is the MOST important of the 3 main question arcs. Heck, the entire story is more or less is in that one chapter. Pretty much the rampade of complaints about the series from the game players increased tenfold because of DEEN's horrible portrayal of this chapter. With the vast amount of things not shown in that chapter it's very understandable the complaints with the story.

If DEEN at least did a good job one of these, I think for the most part we would be satisfied. The sound especially... especially when it's already laid out and DEEN had a very capable music composer working on the series. Sushi said it before, but AIR wouldn't be the same without the musical score. Same here. It's just not the same.

Quote:
Keiichi Victory declaration!
Spoiler for MAJOR:

Fate of each chapter?
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-27, 21:16   Link #56
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
Everything else they might have put in would require cutting the time allotted for something else. It certainly doesn't seem like they ever put anything in that would be easy to cut.
That's true, they can't include every memorable line/scene from the chapters, because it's simply physically impossible to do. So when I say "they left out ____" or "they skipped ____", it's not as a complaint, but as an expression of regret. Because really, the series is so much more than what the anime was able to show, it's really regrettable to see things being cut out.

For example, they didn't include Rena's famous "confession" line in this episode (just before Rena and Keiichi made their final attack):
Spoiler:

But really, there are countless "significant" lines like that, so it'd be unreasonable and pointless to wish to see them all in the anime.

Quote:
Spoiler for MAJOR:
ZERO played a big part in that "Happy Ending" illusion too. When I was playing Tsumihoroboshi, I already knew about Minagoroshi through magazine previews, so I know it's not going to be the end. Which is why I was quite surprised when everything ended so beautifully with the credits and ZERO playing in the background.

The Demon's Script is a very important TIP, not only because of the "shocking truth" it reveals, but also because it neatly reorganized all the facts and possible theories that resulted from this chapter.

Of course, it doesn't change the fact that the revelation of certain "supernatural" elements (surrounding Rika), which was made clear in this chapter, will disappoint some viewers who were expecting a scientific explanation for everything. The same happened with the gamers too when Tsumihoroboshi / Minagoroshi was released.

Nevertheless, the game was a successful one, because for over 3 years (between Onikakushi's release in 2002, until Tsumihoroboshi/Minagoroshi's release in 2005) the game has kept the fans guessing and talking. Even after Minagoroshi-hen spilled everything, it still remains a highly entertaining novel.
Old 2006-09-27, 21:33   Link #57
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueblade
Well, i'm PISSED.

i'm dead annoyed at this "IT'S THE SUPERNATURAL" bullshit. I was enjoying this series hoping that there was some logical, clever explanation to this all, but no, it's a freaking timewarp situation. Ugh, what potential this story had...

By the end of the first arc when everything resets, it should've tipped you off that there is definitely a supernatural element to this, no? If not fantasy, then sci-fi alternate universe. One or the other.

It's awfully strange for you to not have picked this fact up through nearly half a year, and then write a rant about it when the anime ended.

Your alleged "failed potential" is based on your expectation that this is a mystery story. Well, it most emphatically isn't--a close analogy would be me watching Haruhi and saying "WTF you explain plot line XXX with the line that she is a god? Screw this supernatural bs!" Granted, Higurashi is a lot less upfront about the supernatural bits, but I do think that the mere existence of resets is enough.
Old 2006-09-27, 21:44   Link #58
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
It's awfully strange for you to not have picked this fact up through nearly half a year, and then write a rant about it when the anime ended.

You were expecting it to be "just" a normal mystery story when it's most emphatically not, and was very clear about it with the resets.
Not really, the resets might have been just a device for adding more and more clues with the passing of each chapter and not necessarily indicate that all these things actually happen in connected universes/realities/whatever and some of the characters are aware about that.

As for the last episode, I can't say much before the sub but I did expect more because of the hyped Heaven and Hell scene. During the fight I was really wondering why doesn't some policeman try to shoot Rena which I doubt was the point of the scene.

Old 2006-09-27, 22:04   Link #59
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
why doesn't some policeman try to shoot Rena
They couldn't do that. Because the police knew there was a lot of gasoline vapor accumulated in the room. There was a sniper on stand-by, however.

The game went in a nice in-depth analysis of how powerful gasoline really is.
Old 2006-09-27, 22:05   Link #60
Fallacy
;n;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Not really, the resets might have been just a device for adding more and more clues with the passing of each chapter and not necessarily indicate that all these things actually happen in connected universes/realities/whatever and some of the characters are aware about that.
Maybe! But I guess we can't forget about how Keiichi remembered his previous self in Onigakushi-hen and how Rika seems to understand.
Closed Thread