AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 231 49.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 12.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 62 13.39%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-07, 13:54   Link #761
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ not entirely true...given kotonoha's current mental status she could have been in denial and so will still have said that sekai wasn't pregnant...its just a matter of how you look at it i guess ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-11-13, 07:37   Link #762
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ not entirely true...given kotonoha's current mental status she could have been in denial and so will still have said that sekai wasn't pregnant...its just a matter of how you look at it i guess ^^
It was pretty dark too :P And you never know if Kotonoha actually cut the fetus as she cut through Sekai. She'd have needed to make a bigger hole. And use a flashlight too.

...kinda feel disgusted after typing all that...
Old 2007-11-15, 23:09   Link #763
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by I once had wings View Post
1sttt of all its all Sekai's fualt and she deserved to die.. why did she have to take away her friends seat... she wasnt even preg.. $1UP^D S1U7
totally true, purely sekai's fault you can say absolutely none of this would've happened if sekai didn't intervene and change makoto.
Old 2007-11-22, 08:27   Link #764
kim8268

In my opinion the ending is very brutal compared to kimi go nozumo that had a meaningfull ending
School days show me to respect Girls especially timid and quiet one's. It give's me the shiver's just thinking about the title.(just like chiy when she's thinking about ukari's car) It took me 3 episode of lucky star and 5 episode of azumanga daioh to flood my thought's about the ending.
1 to 10 episode caught my eye but 11 and 12 set trauma to me. This anime is a best anime for 2 timer's. three chears for makoto's death !!!!!!! shiver'sssssssss on sekai'ss and what's her name's end
Old 2007-12-10, 22:02   Link #765
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

School Days

Everything going on in the final episode was visually visceral and psychologically disheartening.

I really have to complain for the abysmal animation, and the censoring at least done to the sound effects because I really was eager to listen to the sounds of blood gushing, the stabs, and bodies getting dismembered but more particularly Makoto's.

Anyways, the final episode won me over due to its fatalistic content. At the end it was Makoto's own selfishness that made him to dig his own grave.

The jerk never wanted to take any responsibilities with Sekai for the baby. He didn't wish for his hormone-crazed lifestyle to end, and at being unable to enjoy his upcoming quality time with Kotonoha.

Makoto lost any saving grace not because he ended up mating with any girl that crossed into his eyes, but due to his egotistical selfishness that made him to scrap off Kotonoha early in the series for Sekai.

Sekai is not at fault either. If she truly liked Makoto from the start but could not admit it to herself straightforwardly, she should had stopped meeting with him. The worst mistake she ever made was giving her first kiss to Makoto, since that's when Sekai finally admitted in the story that she really loved Makoto.

The fatality would have been prevented either:
1. If Sekai had admitted to like Makoto from the very start, ow 2. If she had given up on him when she started to encourage him to date Kotonoha, and never meeting even once after he felt bored with poor Katsura.

Lastly, Kotonoha's share of the sin. Throughout the series and towards the end, Kotonoha stayed as the beautiful doll or the beautiful maiden that's always caged inside her vault expecting the return of a master that has casted her away.

In Kotonoha's case it was her desire to stay as Makoto's girlfriend which quickly grew into an obsession that slowly ate away her sense of self.

I cannot forgive Makoto for admitting in the last episode that he gets so easily influenced and distracted, because due to that fiddle mind of his he caused a devastating damage on two girls.

I cannot accept that Kotonoha oughts to be one of Makoto's victims. She got hurt that's right, but if it was Makoto she would forgive every of his tresspasses and womanizing ways just to remain by his side.

Lastly, was Sekai really pregnant?; was it a lie she made in order to bind Makoto to her so he would not leave her?; or maybe Kotonoha's conciousness dropped to the edge of madness where she could no longer distinguish fact from fiction?
Spoiler:

My favorite scenes for this episode were a) Sekai's internal monologue when her mind pictured her friends dressed in the wardrobes of the play at the festival, putting her in doubt that she was the one at fault for seducing Makoto and hogging him all for herself, particularly watching Setsuna with the mask on; b) the song that played in the second part of the climax when Sekai confronted Kotonoha at the school's roof, since that song awfully reminded me the tune of the opening them to the Moonlight Lady H-OVA series; c) the unique face that Kotonoha showed just a few seconds before Sekai checked the content inside the bag. Watching Kotonoha pulling that face made the entire show satisfactory to my liking.

Spoiler for This is the picture:
Old 2007-12-14, 22:21   Link #766
ironbomb

Just finished the freaking anime and you dont know how freaking upset and emotional I am...I watched the whole series today and I was NOT expecting any of this when I decided to download and watch this anime. I was hoping for a romance/comedy triangle relationship and it was going that way, at least the couple of episodes.
It all changed when Sekai to put herself out there, use herself as an experiment for Makoto's needs, WTF THAT PISSED ME OFF TOO, when Makoto and Kotonoha was going out. I knew the tides would turn at that point and instantly it did, instead of that gradual change in feelings I thought would happen. Neglecting and pushing aside Kotonoha just because Sekai was willing to put out really pissed me off, lust over love at that point was what was in my head. But that wasnt enough for that a$$hole(from now on, I refuse to use his name in this post, any offensive name calling I apologize ahead of hand and is meant to target the male lead), he had to go and screw Otome, Hikari(which I depise seeing them together...), Setsuna and those 3 bltches that mistreat Kotonoha thoroughout the manga which I was freaking hoping they get pregnant.

The 3 Leading Characters :
Matoko - I didnt start to depise him until the time they reach the pool date. Thats when he first started to neglect and avoid Kotonoha because of her unwillingness to have sex and get intimate with him. What really made me despise him was what happen in episode 10, where he finally stood up and told Kotonoha how he doesnt like her anymore. He freaking spread threw oil on her burns and made it worst. Then having sex with all these other girls, what a despicable guy. Should have seen how upset I was after that episode, I went to get food after that episode and I was so emotional that I almost cried while making my order at Wendy's. I was thinking about the anime the whole drive and whole time, couldnt take my mind off it. I was hoping he would die ever since episode 9 for having sex with Otome. Oh, thats right, there was something I liked about him. The blood that gushed out was black, so I was really happy it was portrayed in the color red. Im not sure if it was done purposing or not, but to me, while the blood gushed out, I was thinking hahaha, thats what you get cunt.
Sekai - I found her actions quite intriguing, especially the first episode, definitely attracted my attention. I understand the actions she took thorought the manga and I pity her the second most in the whole anime. Being the arbitrator in the Kotonoha and Matoko's relationship, helping both sides get along better. It was pretty obvious from the first episode though that she had feelings for Motoko and didnt wanna get in the way since Motoko didnt have feelings for her at the time. What I didnt like about her character was her willingness to let Matoko take advantage of her, no matter how much he says he likes her, all he ever did was use her sex. Each they time are together, Matoko is either thinking of having sex with her or feeling her up. What made it worst was when her best friend suddenly leaving her side without a proper goodbye, having feelings for the same guy and realizing what she did to cause all of this. I am glad for felt a bit of remorse unlike the douchebag.
Kotonoha - She was the character I felt most mistreated in the whole manga. She didnt have any friends in school, the guy she likes cheated on her REPEATEDLY, her classmates take advantage/tease/use her on a daily basis and her only friend that got to know her is her rival in love. Then seeing the woman she trusts the most leaving the apartment of the guy she is in love with to finding out that the man she likes doesnt like her anymore and going into a state of shock/insanity will pissed me off(not at her, but at the nlgga that caused it). Finally able to recover a bit after seeing Matoko again, gets a second confrontation with Sekai and falling short to being with the guy she likes again. I am happy though that they didnt end up together.

Almost every girl that had feelings for the "jerk", I felt pity for, not as much as some, but definitely felt a bit of pity.

Characters, other than the 3 main leads :
Otome - I cant believe she would be satisfy with just being a sexfriend. When they first got together, I thought it would be a one time thing. To piss me off more, they did it mulitple times and Sekai even found out.
Setsune - The most unselfish character in the whole anime and the one I respect the most. Willingly giving up oneself to help fullfil the dream of her bestfriend. Giving up sitting next to the one she liked to her bestfriend and not once not twice but mutiple times supporting Sekai.
Hikari - I really liked her character when she was first portrayed but of course the anime had to turn into a freaking sIut. How the fcuk can you go and have sex with one of your closest friends guy, KNOWING there relationship and stating you liked another guy as well...Really despised her towards the end of the anime.
The 3 Witches - I dont know there names but they irritated me thorought the whole anime since they where first shown. Each time I see them teasing and making fun of Kotonoha, I would freaking get pissed and wanna hit them(AND I DONT HIT GIRLS!), especially the one that decided to pull that stunt of recording the sex scenes in the rest area, just pissed me off. Exposing Nanami(had to go back and look for her name since I felt bad for her too) to girls of what she did with her boyfriend.

Ending, I cant really say I liked the ending. I am glad though that that "twat" died but seriously depressed about how badly Kotonoha and Sekai was mistreated thoroughout the manga because of the actions of a single idiot. Then having to suffer such consequences because of the lack of common sense the BAKA had. I felt it lacked closure for the other characters but I guess it cant be helped after such an event in the end. Now to the main dispute, was Sekai really pregnant or was she faking it to get the attention of Matoko?

I would have to state that, like the majority would feel, she was truly pregnant. There are multiple reasons, one being that the scene where she was vomiting at home. That is the main point that I would base all my views on her being pregnant revolve around and its not something to just put out about and able to play off for long. Another reason is, Kotonoha was in no state of passing judgement on anything. She was already shocked(borderline between sane/insane) when the a$$hole dumped her but revived a bit after getting picked up by him again. So I would say she was sane UNTIL he saw what happen to the idiot that died, (im happy that happened), and fell even deeper in shock... With her being in that condition, how could you believe anything she states...all her reasoning was one-sided after that. I am not sure on how many months pregnant Sekai was when she was on the roof with Kotonoha, so to actually disect her to see if you can see a fetus or even something of that sort might have been too early, not to mention, who knows, maybe she just cut right through the stomach and even killed the kid and stated "its a lie" since there isnt a kid there anymore after death...
Old 2007-12-14, 22:55   Link #767
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbomb View Post
The 3 Witches - I dont know there names but they irritated me thorought the whole anime since they where first shown. Each time I see them teasing and making fun of Kotonoha, I would freaking get pissed and wanna hit them(AND I DONT HIT GIRLS!), especially the one that decided to pull that stunt of recording the sex scenes in the rest area, just pissed me off. Exposing Nanami(had to go back and look for her name since I felt bad for her too) to girls of what she did with her boyfriend.
Actually, it seems that it wasn't one of those three that decided to record. It was some other "sempais" in the basketball team/club.

You really must be pissed... Lot's of strange mistakes like "manga" when this is an anime, and Setsune instead of Setsuna.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-14, 23:38   Link #768
ironbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Actually, it seems that it wasn't one of those three that decided to record. It was some other "sempais" in the basketball team/club.

You really must be pissed... Lot's of strange mistakes like "manga" when this is an anime, and Setsune instead of Setsuna.
Gosh..even worst, the seniors showing more signs of immaturity. What a great way to show how the underclassmen how to act for next years events...

Err yes, sorry I meant anime, I wanna read the manga too, but only see scans for 1 chapter atm..hopefully...soon hopefully. Silly me, I thought her name was Setsuna not Setsune. *sorry*

Yea I was really emotional while making that post.
Old 2008-01-03, 01:19   Link #769
White-Sugar

Send a message via MSN to White-Sugar
The end is very sad
Kotonoha Tsukoi!!!!
Old 2008-01-03, 16:23   Link #770
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
i loled hard at the end especially since i watched it in 1 day so the little charm thing and the light hearted atmospher from the begining made it even funnier when you see everything fall apart, my GF was horrified though.

most of makoto action reminded me of the regular behavior of a teenager accumulating as many experience as possible (i m know for myself that i m guilty of a few things he did). Like one of my best friend said once : "college cost soo much but it serve it s purpose well : to have as many girls in your bed as possible" (he never graduate but he sure blew me out of the water on the count of how many girls he sleept with)

romancewise this anime still cannot compete with KGNE at least for me, i really appreciated the fact that they finnaly showed sex in school romance and didnt keept "Love" idealized and platonic as in most romance anime but the too high amount of psycho/square meter kinda killed the credibility of the show. the killing was a bit too much it felt more as if the scriptwritters wanted to push it as far as possible in the extreme
it s was bold ending (even though iirc it was some sort of copy past of nightshift nurse ending) i m glad i was recommended that serie definately a good one

i now understand why this show was call the trainwreck of 2k7.
thumbs up
i think one thing this anime confirm is that condoms can save your life
Old 2008-02-27, 20:07   Link #771
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Urrgh... The DVD version got sick...
The stabbing was still fine (kind of), but when they got to Kotonoha dissecting Sekai... the sound...

A lot more impact, a lot more disturbing.

Still a bit reeling from the shock...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-02-29, 09:58   Link #772
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Oh yea...I just had to check the DVD ver...

RED blood banzai!!

They added the extra sound effects just for more realism ^^

It was awesome watching makoto being stabbed AGAIN

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-01, 13:41   Link #773
X10A_Freedom

The sounds, especially the stabbing ones are very pronounced and we have the dissection sound as well. Yuck!

Visually I expected more as in better angles but it seems we didn't miss much aside from the blood colour and a little more splattering. We don't get to see the stabbing on screen.
Old 2008-03-01, 14:27   Link #774
Thentus

Location: Might as well waste five seconds of your life; Pennsylvania
Send a message via MSN to Thentus
I thought the DVD uncut version would be a lot more stuff happening, no flashbacks, and other things like that.

Those sounds were pretty realistic =/.
Old 2008-03-02, 03:23   Link #775
Wirbelwind8
d-_-b

I know their was some issues with the last episode not airing because of some incident with a murder that occurred that week in Japan, but did they remake the last episode? If so, I can't imagine what the original plan was.
Old 2008-03-03, 11:54   Link #776
medigo

Well we did get a few new seconds of animation, like this

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9...oredseraj1.jpg
Old 2008-03-04, 16:51   Link #777
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

The SFX made chills go down my spine. No matter how much I hated Makato, seeing little fountains of blood made me turn away.
Old 2008-03-05, 12:20   Link #778
Keruri
Like a falling star

That SFX was.... extremely morbid. Wow. I remember that the first time I watched the censored episode, I twitched a little and was slightly disgusted by the entire ordeal (despite how "cool" it was, especially that bizarre camera shot from inside of Sekai). Now, with everything pieced together, it's even more chilling than the first time I watched it, despite that I knew what was coming. I suppose it's finally over.

Also, slightly off topic, but I'm currently writing my Government paper on censorship in anime. A whole page and a half on NICE BOAT. Nice paper indeed.
Old 2008-03-06, 01:50   Link #779
Makoto_Must_DIE

The ONE thing that bothered me about this episode was how Kotonoha cut open Sekai and claimed that she was lying about the pregnancy.

While it may have been a lie, I would kinda think that Kotonoha sliced Sekai in the wrong direction. That vertical cut would not reveal anything, but Sekai's stomach. In order to reveal the uterus, it should be down horizontally. Plus, who knows how long the girl's been pregnant. That fetus would've been unrecognizable to her, especially in the dark.

Other than that, as others have said, Makoto got what he deserved. Perfect ending.
Old 2008-03-06, 11:07   Link #780
Icehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto_Must_DIE View Post
The ONE thing that bothered me about this episode was how Kotonoha cut open Sekai and claimed that she was lying about the pregnancy.

While it may have been a lie, I would kinda think that Kotonoha sliced Sekai in the wrong direction. That vertical cut would not reveal anything, but Sekai's stomach. In order to reveal the uterus, it should be down horizontally. Plus, who knows how long the girl's been pregnant. That fetus would've been unrecognizable to her, especially in the dark.

Other than that, as others have said, Makoto got what he deserved. Perfect ending.
While you are right about the fetus likely being too early to be recognizable by plain site, I just rewatched the scene, and she is shown falling over sideways after getting her her neck cut, this would mean that an "upwards" looking cut like the one shown would in fact be going across her midsection the way you say it should be.
Closed Thread