AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 74 39.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 26.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 13.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 10.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 4.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 2.66%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.66%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-27, 12:16   Link #241
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

as least haruhi does not make my head hurt as much as tsubasa chronicles
Old 2009-06-27, 12:26   Link #242
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
At least in Endless Eight
Spoiler for if you haven't watched Higurashi:
Actually the differences between this episode and the previous amplify the Higurashi similarities.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-27, 12:34   Link #243
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaboat View Post
Maybe a mod could suggest another series that continuously spawns such a wide range of thread topics (the ontology thread is awesome) because I haven't run across any yet in my limited travels.
I'm not sure, but it's the first one that I've actually tried to follow in any detail, and it makes my head hurt.

Moved 42 posts to the Ontology thread, and I hope that I got all the relevant ones...
Old 2009-06-27, 14:26   Link #244
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

I haven't read much of the novel, and late to reply so haven't read the previous posts yet, but a couple things:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-27, 14:34   Link #245
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

It's funny that today's episode already very subtly implied the solution to it all.
I won't spoiler anything, but if you want to find it out yourself:
Spoiler:

Just a tip.

I'm gonna review the episode eventually, since I really really liked it, great atmosphere and very well executed, by I wait until afk subs are out and watch it again before I do that.
Old 2009-06-27, 16:07   Link #246
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

You know, though, Koizumi was on the right track. The loop could have been easily solved like this:

-Kyon whispers into Haruhi's ear that he's just crazy about her, baby baby.
- Haruhi goes into tsundere mode.
- Kyon tell her he's looking forward to walking to school with her in a couple of days, hand in hand, all couple-like.
- Haruhi makes time go back to normal because her hormones can't wait to get it on with Kyon asap. Summer holidays, pssssht, no comparison.
- Conclusion: End of time loop.
Old 2009-06-27, 17:42   Link #247
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

"Deja vu" XD
First five minutes , i knew what happened ! Yeah , Haruhi isn't satisfied yet ! Its because of her if the times resetting . But damn lol 15498 !!! Poor Nagato , she seems so boring !
Yeah , i agree with Koizumi , a hug and "i love you" can work Maybe Haruhi want a date with Kyon .
So another reset next episode ? with news footages .
its remind me some animes .
Old 2009-06-27, 18:03   Link #248
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change of Pace View Post
You know, though, Koizumi was on the right track. The loop could have been easily solved like this:

- Kyon tell her he's looking forward to walking to school with her in a couple of days, hand in hand, all couple-like.
- Haruhi makes time go back to normal because her hormones can't wait to get it on with Kyon asap. Summer holidays, pssssht, no comparison.
Or Haruhi could go Makoto Kanno, get caught completely off guard by this and girlishly spazz out. In her momentary panic, she'll wish to be anywhere but where she is at the moment. Thus the time loop will reset.

"Kyon has startled the Haruhi"

...Kyon'll probably have to confess to Haruhi a few thousand times before she accepts it.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2009-06-27 at 18:16.
Old 2009-06-27, 18:53   Link #249
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Or Haruhi could go Makoto Kanno, get caught completely off guard by this and girlishly spazz out. In her momentary panic, she'll wish to be anywhere but where she is at the moment. Thus the time loop will reset.

"Kyon has startled the Haruhi"

...Kyon'll probably have to confess to Haruhi a few thousand times before she accepts it.
Then, we could call upon Brilliant Plan B:

-Kyon secretly slips Haruhi a letter that says:
"I love you like crazy alien symbols.
- Ore wa John Smith
p.s. See you at school ♥"

Haruhi will probably fast forward time to get to the first day back at school out of anticipation. PROBLEM SOLVED y/y?
Old 2009-06-27, 19:13   Link #250
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

I really liked the animation in this episode.

The scene where Kyon and Kazumi were standing in the shade of a tree while bits of light shined on them was awesome. And the whole episode was kinda dreamy. Hmm... a better way to put it is surrealistic. Like being in a dream.

I think the only reason that they were able to have any memories at all is because time is like a picture flip book. Each page is another unit of time. And I think sometimes you and yourself in the next "dimension" have some psychic ability.

I think this is what deja vu is. Either that or you are remembering something from a dream.
Old 2009-06-27, 20:15   Link #251
Lostdreams

Lol I thought this was episode 2>_>, wondering why Kyon had his shirt off. XD
Old 2009-06-27, 20:21   Link #252
OkamiNoKaze

So is anyone here actually watching the whole series along with the inserted new episodes as they come up? o
Old 2009-06-27, 20:26   Link #253
Ekul
Transdimensional phoenix

Koizumi and Yuki were absolutely awesome in this episode.
You have to wonder if something happened to Yuki in iteration 15497 that made her act this way... maybe Kyon (or someone else?) did something nice for her in that's now lost to the fabric of time...

I don't think bored is the word I would use to describe her. She looked almost traumatized. Well, as much as an emotionally supressed alien can look traumatized.

Was it just me or was Koizumi staying in the shadows most of the time?

You almost wonder if anyone unconsciously did things as a result of something that happened in a loop.

Mikuru was overreacting. Honestly. I don't mind crying, it's a chemical response to make you feel better. I know she just lost the link to her home, but it seems like she was exhibitioning her sadness too much.
Old 2009-06-27, 20:34   Link #254
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its not a single event in any of the cycles that made Yuki bored, yes she is bored, terribly bored. In fact in the novels, Yuki lists a number of items, not just how many times they realised and you can say everything that ever happened already happened thousands of times, there's no single event that would traumatise Yuki.

Mikuru didn't just lose a link to her home. Imagine what could be so important that the travelers must do that they have to send Mikuru to the past? By confirming that the future is gone, she didn't just lose her home, everything in the future has completely disappeared from existence. Mikuru has failed in this mission and all purposes of her existence is gone. And there is seemingly no way to fix it because even Nagato has no idea how.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-06-27, 20:46   Link #255
Ekul
Transdimensional phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Its not a single event in any of the cycles that made Yuki bored, yes she is bored, terribly bored. In fact in the novels, Yuki lists a number of items, not just how many times they realised and you can say everything that ever happened already happened thousands of times, there's no single event that would traumatise Yuki.

Mikuru didn't just lose a link to her home. Imagine what could be so important that the travelers must do that they have to send Mikuru to the past? By confirming that the future is gone, she didn't just lose her home, everything in the future has completely disappeared from existence. Mikuru has failed in this mission and all purposes of her existence is gone. And there is seemingly no way to fix it because even Nagato has no idea how.
I suppose, but there are other ways to deal with sadness... I dunno, I guess it just bothered me the way she cried, not the fact that she cried.
Old 2009-06-27, 21:19   Link #256
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Then, we could call upon Brilliant Plan B:

-Kyon secretly slips Haruhi a letter that says:
"I love you like crazy alien symbols.
- Ore wa John Smith
p.s. See you at school ♥"

Haruhi will probably fast forward time to get to the first day back at school out of anticipation. PROBLEM SOLVED y/y?
Except now Haruhi is gonna start demanding Kyon take her on dates to the Mesozoic era (since he IS technically a time traveler). This isn't exactly a step forward for normalcy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
Lol I thought this was episode 2>_>, wondering why Kyon had his shirt off. XD
Because he's gangsta

...or they decided that the chicks would love to see Kyon shirtless for as much of the episode as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekul View Post
You have to wonder if something happened to Yuki in iteration 15497 that made her act this way... maybe Kyon (or someone else?) did something nice for her in that's now lost to the fabric of time...
Huh, that's a very intresting idea.
Quote:
I suppose, but there are other ways to deal with sadness... I dunno, I guess it just bothered me the way she cried, not the fact that she cried.
I don't think most of us would act in a composed manner if it seemed plausible that the place we called our home could very possible no longer exist.
Old 2009-06-27, 21:54   Link #257
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
I think this is what deja vu is. Either that or you are remembering something from a dream.
Actually, deja vu is your synapses misfiring and shunting oncoming information through memory before it reaches your conscious awareness.

This one time, a friend of mine got high and started having deja vu about EVERYTHING. It was rather funny.

So, what Kyon and Itsuki are experiencing isn't deja vu, it's just them remembering something they should have forgotten.

Quote:
Was it just me or was Koizumi staying in the shadows most of the time?
It's because he's EVIL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
...or they decided that the chicks would love to see Kyon shirtless for as much of the episode as possible.

And I'm perfectly happy with that
AS GAY AS POSSIBLE, like I always say.

Quote:

But Kyon's too much of a wuss to go through with this.

He'd even get a hot girlfriend out of it. But no.
Old 2009-06-27, 22:05   Link #258
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
there's no single event that would traumatise Yuki.
... I'm pretty sure Kyon telling Nagato he thinks she's a worthless piece of garbage and he never wants to see her again would be enough to set her off... though thankfully that most likely isn't going to happen
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-06-27, 22:16   Link #259
Jintor

"I see."

...is what she'd say.
Old 2009-06-27, 22:23   Link #260
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

What she'd say, maybe...
Closed Thread