AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-05, 23:57   Link #1
Zekori

XSEED and Nihon Falcom partnership announcement.

[source:] http://www.xseedgames.com/news.php?id=107

A bit of old news to some, but quite recent for me. Haven't seen any mention of it here in the least bit. It makes a fan of Falcom like me quite pleased, and XSEED has been climbing as a decent publisher for me quite some time now since they've been bringing out the last 3 Wild Arms titles and soon both Lunar titles stateside from their past track record.

Quote:
orrance, Calif., (May 14, 2010) – XSEED Games today announced a wide-ranging partnership with developer and publisher Nihon Falcom, one of Japan’s most well-respected development studios, to bring the three latest installments in the long-running Ys franchise: Ys SEVEN, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, and Ys I & II Chronicles, to the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system in North America. In addition, the deal will allow XSEED Games to release the next three chapters in Falcom’s popular The Legend of Heroes series, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky trilogy (known as the Sora no Kiseki trilogy in Japan), to the North American market on the PSP system. All six titles were developed by one of Japan’s most well-admired and longest-running independent-minded studios, Falcom, which has been a pioneer of the RPG genre since their first release in 1983.
In short, I'd never thought I'd see such a snowstorm in hell in this. I can only anxiously await the release of all said titles, and pray for other titles (like Zwei for example).

PSP English Version Sora no Kiseki; do want.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 03:59   Link #2
farios

It's makes me sad that no one is interested with this announcement, FALCOM is a very great game company even better than Bamco at least. And their music is the greatest in game history imo
farios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 13:16   Link #3
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

I'm actually a bit interested. I've played a bit of Ys I+II on my DS, so I am actually interested in Falcom. I just really don't know what the rest of the games are like.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 16:19   Link #4
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
FALCOM is a very great game company even better than Bamco at least. And their music is the greatest in game history imo
Sadly because of the long tradition of hardly ever seeing titles exported outside of the Asian sphere, great Falcom titles haven't seen the light of day nor mention outside of cult followers. Which is a huge disappointment, usually no matter the title I can get into their games, even some of the older ones. Arcturus, Zwei, Xanadu, Brandish, Fantasia Sango, and the list goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
I'm actually a bit interested. I've played a bit of Ys I+II on my DS, so I am actually interested in Falcom. I just really don't know what the rest of the games are like.
From what I understand, the PC Versions of Y's Origin and the Kiseki no Sora utilize the Y's VI engine (Ark of Napishtim for the PSP/PS2, which came stateside). I'm not entirely sure what version of Y's I&II the DS utilizes, but if its anything like the PC version or its earlier incarnations then Adol doesn't ram into his enemies but rather the series plays more like certain versions Zelda if that makes any sense. With that said, I'm not entirely sure about the specifications of Y's 7 for the PSP or the Kiseki no Sora PSP trilogy in the event they changed the engines (which seems unlikely but it happens more often than you would think).

Here's a few detailed links to hardcore gaming, in which you could probably find more justice about the series or what your looking for than my explanations. You can find more about the Legend of Heros 3,4,5 which also got a english release for the PSP (titled 2,1,3) in case your curious. But those play differently from the rest I'm pretty sure.

http://hg101.kontek.net/loh/loh6.htm (Kiseki no Sora)

http://hg101.kontek.net/ys/ys.htm (Y's Series Compilation)
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 08:58   Link #5
stpehen
kisses for all

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
And their music is the greatest in game history imo
These things are subjective of course... but at the VERY LEAST I'd say their music is the most underappreciated in terms of actual quality to recognition. There is some great stuff in there.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote