AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-07-01, 02:39   Link #4761
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Coco doesn't seem to be comfortable. It's ok, all pillows have lumps the first time you lie down. All you gotta do is fluff them out.
Old 2012-07-06, 21:30   Link #4762
ginger02

Such a good episode. The fights were really cool, Kinana is becoming more important, we know where Laki and guildarts are, and we may see them fight, and the opening and endings are nice.

I'm really excited about this second part. No manga stuff was shown in the opening from what i could tell, so i think this will go one for a couple more months. Omaigosh the Jiggle Jugs Gang rofl. Glad Erza showed them.

It seems to me that Legion believes they are the good guys, from what both Byro and Mary said. Which makes it interesting for me, since most FT villains just like being evil. Legion seems to think they are the heroes of this story, and it creates and interesting dynamic. Is fairy tail in the wrong here? or is Legion.

I'd give it a 5/5 personally in a non review like way. I really enjoyed this episode.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 21:41   Link #4763
sergel02

Oh wow there was actaully blood in this 0__o

And yeah, really awesome episode.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 21:53   Link #4764
immblueversion

This was the single most interesting and engaging episode in this filler arc in a while.

Spoiler for OP:

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 22:10   Link #4765
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Good episode, I liked it.

Lucy and Coco's synchronized fall was lol. Lucy using spirits and whip intelligently was cool, too. Lol again at Aquarious wanting Lucy to learn to summon 2 spirits at once, heh.

Zenitopia guys look like they might not be so evil after all... the opening hints at Orecian seis coming back, which might be the true baddies here. The archbishop seems a little sketchy, too.

So Mira has a form that is more powerful? Why didn't she use it before in the Tenrou island arc? Forbidden because of destroying a town is an amusing reason (considering FT does that on a near daily basis anyway), but seriously speaking, using it when Lisanna was first threatened in the Tenrou arc would have made sense. And I'd really like to see Elfman and Lisanna get stronger.

Edit: The OP also suggest Gildarts and Laki will fight together as well. I have wanted to see more of FT's secondary cast fight more often, and especially Laki.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 22:12   Link #4766
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Spoiler for ep 138:

Due to the atrocity that I saw this episode, could I have gifs of the FT girls showing some bounce upstairs to cure my mental wound?
Old 2012-07-06, 22:18   Link #4767
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Spoiler for ep 138:

Due to the atrocity that I saw this episode, could I have gifs of the FT girls showing some bounce upstairs to cure my mental wound?
Well, you could have some of the FT girls. But i think there were 3 girls that out-bounced them in this epsiode
Old 2012-07-06, 22:27   Link #4768
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
So Mira has a form that is more powerful? Why didn't she use it before in the Tenrou island arc?
She likely didn't have the power for it. She pretty clearly doesn't have nearly the stamina that Erza and Laxus do, and her take-overs probably don't leave as much room for conserving power as Laxus and Erza's magics do either.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 22:33   Link #4769
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Please don't remind me Ginger-.-;;;, besides the action for the epi, I'm gonna need a lot of brain bleach.
Old 2012-07-06, 22:35   Link #4770
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
She likely didn't have the power for it. She pretty clearly doesn't have nearly the stamina that Erza and Laxus do, and her take-overs probably don't leave as much room for conserving power as Laxus and Erza's magics do either.
I think this is the main reason. Also, she was forbidden from using it. We saw how much damage was caused by it, imagine it on the island with people running around everywhere.

I did love the ending where she said "bad girl"
It would have been so uncomfortable and cliche for her to go all crazy and loco on Mary, so i liked how it was done.

Is that a new sword Erza used (speaking of the Jiggly ladies)? Scarlet sword or katana or something she called it. It looks pretty cool so i hope we see her actually use it at some point.
Old 2012-07-06, 23:31   Link #4771
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Please don't remind me Ginger-.-;;;, besides the action for the epi, I'm gonna need a lot of brain bleach.
Personally I was too busy winching at Crunchy Roll using plane instead of plain. I don't know if it's supposed to be a joke and they are actually saying the wrong word, but from reading the subtitles, it looks like someone screwed up when using auto-correct for a typo.

Well, at that and at the general switch to a complete comedy scene when the rest of the episode is reasonably serious fights, exposition, and foreshadowing. They really need to learn to keep the pure comedy in it's own separate episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
I think this is the main reason. Also, she was forbidden from using it. We saw how much damage was caused by it, imagine it on the island with people running around everywhere.
Also having watched the episode properly now, it looks like it carries a high risk of collateral damage, friendly fire, and possibly a risk of going berserk. Not something you want to use when trying to protect people that can't run away.

Quote:
I did love the ending where she said "bad girl"
It would have been so uncomfortable and cliche for her to go all crazy and loco on Mary, so i liked how it was done.
Well, she did almost punch Fried's face in during the festival, and unlike him, Mary Huges isn't a member of the guild, and thus far has shown herself to be a sadistic killer. So it wouldn't be all that out of character for Mirajane to not stop herself.

Quote:
Is that a new sword Erza used (speaking of the Jiggly ladies)? Scarlet sword or katana or something she called it. It looks pretty cool so i hope we see her actually use it at some point.
IIRC, it's what the anime had Erza use vs Azuma at the end.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 23:51   Link #4772
immblueversion

Quote:
So Mira has a form that is more powerful? Why didn't she use it before in the Tenrou island arc? Forbidden because of destroying a town is an amusing reason (considering FT does that on a near daily basis anyway), but seriously speaking, using it when Lisanna was first threatened in the Tenrou arc would have made sense. And I'd really like to see Elfman and Lisanna get stronger.
She said she was low on magic power at the time she fought Azuma, didn't she? She could barely maintain her Satan Soul for, what was it, three minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
IIRC, it's what the anime had Erza use vs Azuma at the end.
It was used in the anime because it was used in the manga.

Old 2012-07-06, 23:57   Link #4773
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
She said she was low on magic power at the time she fought Azuma, didn't she? She could barely maintain her Satan Soul for, what was it, three minutes?
We don't know how much magic it takes to change forms, vs. using magic attacks in the current form. I'll grant that it is a possibility, but... Lisanna was going to get blown up. Given how protective we know Mira is of her siblings, I see no reason why she wouldn't bust it out. True, it wouldn't be something to pull out in casual combat. But the moment she realized she couldn't beat Azuma in the normal form, she should have gone super. Given how easily she pwned her normal form with it, she would have wiped the floor with Azuma in just a few seconds.

But regardless of what clunky explanations we give it, the anime doesn't give any explanation. I'll mostly let it pass, but it's just an awkward point with me. Kinda like the whole "Lisanna is really alive!" idea.

Of course, given this is an anime-only arc, one could say it's not canon and thus disregard it. But I expect we'll see this form in the manga, eventually.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 01:32   Link #4774
ginger02

Quote:
We don't know how much magic it takes to change forms, vs. using magic attacks in the current form. I'll grant that it is a possibility, but... Lisanna was going to get blown up. Given how protective we know Mira is of her siblings, I see no reason why she wouldn't bust it out. True, it wouldn't be something to pull out in casual combat. But the moment she realized she couldn't beat Azuma in the normal form, she should have gone super. Given how easily she pwned her normal form with it, she would have wiped the floor with Azuma in just a few seconds.

But regardless of what clunky explanations we give it, the anime doesn't give any explanation. I'll mostly let it pass, but it's just an awkward point with me. Kinda like the whole "Lisanna is really alive!" idea.

Of course, given this is an anime-only arc, one could say it's not canon and thus disregard it. But I expect we'll see this form in the manga, eventually.
I'm still under the assumption that she just didn't have the power to pull out something so powerful. Wasn't much of an issue with Mary since she hadn't fought or anything.
Old 2012-07-07, 11:34   Link #4775
ookamigirl

Elfman and his sisters sure got a tough opponent.
Natsu's crew got the octopus guy, which is not good.
Erza and the girls got out of control with those weird jiggly butt suits.
Lesson learned: Don't touch Erza's picnic!
Mirajane's second demon was just wow and what a cool suprise.
They finally revealed why they are attacking Fairy Tail's wizards.
Looks like they are kinda on the same side, they just need to adjust their viewpoints a bit.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 11:58   Link #4776
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Uninteresting octopus fight, thankfully the rest of the episode was good...minus the jiggling parts So, we finally get an idea of what this whole crusade is about, it was high time some light was shed on the plot. I like the way this is going, it seems like part 1 of the filler arc is over (gathering the clock pieces) and we'll be heading to part 2 (averting the destruction of the world, duh :P).

Good OP/ED, Erza's rapeface deserves a mention.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:30   Link #4777
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Erza rapeface...?! *rushes off to see*

EDIT: OH wow, that was hot...except for the Jiggle Jugs, I screamed.
Mira was hot again, but that's usual. So the new demon form trumps her Satan Soul, but honestly, she seemed to be in complete control of this one. Her vocal pattern didn't change like it does when she uses Satan Soul so she wasn't acting crazed or anything in it either. Maybe she's just better at managing her emotions than when she was when she was younger.
Laki, Laki, Laki, going off with the G-Man himself - an interesting pair if anything.

Last edited by Tempest35; 2012-07-07 at 15:46.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 16:09   Link #4778
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Instinctively you wonder why Mirajane couldn't use that form during the last incident. I'm willing to go along with that using Satan Soul twice was just too much for her. She's been out of commission for such a long time that while she stands in terms of power right near the top she can't keep it up. On top of it maybe the fact that she might kill Lisanna accidentally before saving her was too big a gamble, especially against a foe so strong that it might take all she had to bring him down.

That was a pretty hilarious way to end things with Mary. Just too freaking cute for a form that overwhelming in power. Now that was damn funny even though I kind of saw it coming when the screen closed in on her face like that.

On the other hand this silly Erza stuff is getting over the top. No offence to the characters, but no matter how good looking those girls might be they can't make those suits work. It just got worse when that creepy trio showed up. Please god let some enemies show up to actually attack Erza.... This is turning into the tragedy of the filler arc.

At least Lucy got her whip back and had a solid combo with Romeo. Though on a side note wish she'd call up Loke more often. You'd think after Lucy has gone missing for 7 years that every spirit would be eager to jump into the action to see her again. Might have wondered if her contracts were alright after being gone for that long.

Nice that the story is starting to unfold a bit more here. Nothing worse than a super loyal group working for someone completely insane/corrupted/whatever.
Old 2012-07-07, 16:29   Link #4779
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
On the other hand this silly Erza stuff is getting over the top. No offence to the characters, but no matter how good looking those girls might be they can't make those suits work. It just got worse when that creepy trio showed up. Please god let some enemies show up to actually attack Erza.... This is turning into the tragedy of the filler arc.
If the new OP is anything to go by, she may be pit against this "Grim Reaper" character who very clearly looks like Erigor. That is to say, it would appear that if Erigor is now a member of Oracion Seis, then "Grim Reaper" is his codename.

BTW, I think it's safe for me to link this on this thread now:

Spoiler for Magazine scan:

Old 2012-07-07, 16:44   Link #4780
classic

Cobra now is so similar to Shuda from Rave Master.
May be in future they will have somebody like Belnika too...)) I wish...
classic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen