AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-23, 12:06   Link #61
ellifeedn
Thinker

This chapter leaves me with just one question: Which Doflamingo have we been following all this time, the real one or the string clone?

Also, I find it amusing that the same week we get this we also have Coco from Toriko making poison clones that really act like the actual person.

Last edited by ellifeedn; 2014-04-23 at 12:22.
Old 2014-04-23, 13:48   Link #62
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
So why did Robin never tell Luffy that Sabo is alive? They really mishandled her character unless there's some bs excuse given.

As some others said already, Sabo probably asked Robin to keep her silence on the matter for the sake of a surprise reunion. If that's the case, then I see no plotholes or contradictions here, since Robin is the sort of person who will respect some people's wishes.

Going back to Dofla's Birdcage..... personally, I'm sorta inclined to call it the "Hell in a Cell" attack, heh.

BTW, there should be another break following this chapter since it was released on the Golden Week issue. Just a heads-up, since this break has nothing to do with Oda's health or his editors.....
Old 2014-04-23, 13:53   Link #63
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
So why did Robin never tell Luffy that Sabo is alive? They really mishandled her character unless there's some bs excuse given.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As some others said already, Sabo probably asked Robin to keep her silence on the matter for the sake of a surprise reunion. If that's the case, then I see no plotholes or contradictions here, since Robin is the sort of person who will respect some people's wishes.
or becuase Sabo never said anything about his relationship with Luffy and Ace. Remember Robin don't anything about the Sabo/Luffy/Ace relationship either. There is no reason for Robin to mention meeting Sabo at the RA.
Old 2014-04-23, 14:24   Link #64
SeanQ

aside for the string clone bs ... i think doff is not doing anything out of the world with strings and is just using it really intelligently.
Old 2014-04-23, 14:30   Link #65
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
This chapter leaves me with just one question: Which Doflamingo have we been following all this time, the real one or the string clone?

Also, I find it amusing that the same week we get this we also have Coco from Toriko making poison clones that really act like the actual person.
and in Naruto with Madara's clone... maybe this was some kind of "challenge" done by Jump?
Old 2014-04-23, 16:29   Link #66
The Small One

Quote:
Maybe she didn't really have the time to tell him.
It's only been about a week or so since the crew has been reunited, maybe she planned to tell him a bit later.
Old 2014-04-23, 16:52   Link #67
Diablerie

I kinda like the fact that Dofla's strings are OP as hell. At this point in the story, in the New World, after 700 chapters, I'd be dissapointed if the opponents weren't ridiculously challenging. I guess it does just show how well Doflamingo has mastered his Devil Fruit with techniques like Birdcage and his string clone, whereas a lesser man would probably just cut and control one character at a time.

The Hunting Game probably won't do much to Luffy and co though, the only ones powerful enough who would try to bring them in are the Doflamingo Executives and Burgess, a lot of the gladiators are probably allied with the Straw Hats now thanks to Ussop.

Will probably turn the citizens against each other though, which is probably what he was going for, in a Dark Knight Joker kinda way. Gonna be hard for Fujitora to turn a blind eye to this.
Old 2014-04-23, 19:59   Link #68
itachi29al

Im guessing they're setting up dofla as being so powerful just so Luffy beating him will mean something. I mean luffy has beaten shichibukai and people with higher bounties before, if they dont set dofla aside somehow beating him wont mean anything. Now it apepar beating dofla will represent a big step in luffy journey, maybe to as big as defeating crocodile but probably as much as beating lucci.
Im excited, after all we have yet to see luffy go all out on an opponent. I hope it wont be a gear 4 but something completely new. After all what made the gears cool was they were unlike anything luffy had done before.
As for Dofla's strategy not as dumb as some people seem to think. He basically trying to kill of anybody who would talk. The only one left wont be able to speak of his atrocities as they will A. Be pretty brutal people who wont care or B. afraid of getting into trouble for their own crimes.

ALso i do not understand why people think Fujitora will do anything, while he does not seem evil or to respect the governments wishes nothing yet has suggested he is a morally upright person who will come to innocents defense. If anything he seems like he just wants to be left alone.

Also how is Dofla bounty so low given both his power and influence. He must of had some deal with the government before he became a shichibukia or maybe he has been a shichibukai for awhile and most of his influence was gathered while being a shichibukai.

Either way its interesting how they are showing how power levels differ within the shichibukai. I mean Dofla already stomped law. Plus with control over all haki forms he seems to be a lot stronger then his compatriots with the exception of Mihawk and maybe Boa(really have yet to see much from her)But given his power level im guessing he is only a shichibukai for convenience, does not seem like he would need to be legitimately afraid of the marines and government so long as he stays on his toes.

But given that even he trembles at the name of Kaido shows just how powerful Kaido must be. He has been hyped so much i hope he lives up to his legend. Im guessing he might be the most dangerous pirate in the world currently(Shanks is too docile and while Blackbeard is good he is still building up his empire, but Blackbeard will probably eventually become the best)
Old 2014-04-23, 20:43   Link #69
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
or becuase Sabo never said anything about his relationship with Luffy and Ace. Remember Robin don't anything about the Sabo/Luffy/Ace relationship either. There is no reason for Robin to mention meeting Sabo at the RA.
This may be true, remember that the crew didn't even know Luffy HAD a brother until Ace showed up in ALABASTA! They were already in the GL when the first mention of him even having a sibling was made. Worse even, only after the whole CP9 arc ended did the crew learn about Luffy's grandfather. There was never any indication that Luffy told anyone about his past, including about Sabo.

As for Sabo...he could have just not told Robin about it, wanting to keep it a secret. Or he wanted to reveal that he was alive to Luffy himself.
Old 2014-04-24, 00:29   Link #70
Diablerie

So who's likely to be on Doflamingo's hitlist? So far I'm thinking -

-Straw Hats + allies: Luffy, Zoro, Robin, Franky, Usopp, Law, Kinemon
-The old royals: Riku, Violet, Rebecca, Kyros
-Bellamy
-I think he will target Fujitora and the Marines. Fujitora's not gonna ignore the citizens murdering each other, and he probably would rather kill the Admiral and then blame it on the Straw Hats. If word of the Birdcage gets back to the government, he'll have his Schichibukai title revoked, so he definitely doesn't want Fujitora talking.
-I don't think he knows about the Revolutionaries, but he does know that there was a second Lucy, so he'll probably just name "Lucy" on the hitlist.

Don't think Luffy and co will really be too phased by the citizens attacking, and I think most of Usopp's group will probably stay loyal to him, too, barring a few like Dagama, Abdullah and Jeet. Franky should probably get moving too, he was still pretty surrounded, last we saw. Kinemon is suddenly in a lot of trouble dressed up as Doflamingo.
Old 2014-04-24, 06:40   Link #71
The Small One

I'm wondering how Doffy expects this to turn out.
After all, most likely more than 90% of the people are still "normal" people, citizens, living in the country and visitors. The kind of people, Luffy could dispose of himself without much effort.
And a lot of the really powerful people are those, who lived as toys until recently. Those powerhouses definately won't side with him, so he has a large group of useless people who should go against the powerful ones. At most he gains a little bit of time.
Old 2014-04-24, 10:49   Link #72
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 745
That was a good chapter. Daflamingo is very clever to turn the whole country against each other and his enemies. Turning the whole country into a coliseum perfect. If Zoro really wants to face Pica then he should go after the factory (If he can find it). That way Pica will have no choice but to defend it. I wonder if Zoro will have to fight Daflamingo instead?

Reward
I wonder if Daflamingo will show how much he willing to give for specific individuals? That would be cool if he had different rewards for different people. Like throw in another devil fruit, money(most expected reward), chance to join Daflamingo's crew, etc.

Law's Power
Bird cage is like a souped up version of parasite. I wonder how affective is Laws power against Bird Cage? He was able to save Sanji from the parasite move why not the whole country? Does he even have enough strength?

Marines
I wonder how Admiral Fujitori will handle this? I don't see him sitting idle while this is happening. Out of all the Marines Admiral Fujitori and Vice Admiral Bastili will be the only individuals that can accomplish anything now. How ever this is going to turnout, Daflamingo has gone all in. There is no turning back for him, even with Kaidou. Whatever happens he won't come out of it unscathed.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2014-04-24 at 10:59.
Old 2014-04-25, 10:24   Link #73
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

I know Oda is considered something of a literary god and what not but...does anybody feel let down with the repetitiveness of this arc and previous ones? It's pretty much Skypedia with a smidgen of Alabasta thrown in..... they just have so much in common.

Powerful Shichibukai Croc and Dolf underground and World Government ties
The destruction of the Skypea Islands/The Bomb and Dressrosa birdcage
Eneru's game/Dofl's game
Powerful Warrior Wiper/ Powerful Warrior Kyros
Previous King Ganfall/Previous King Riku
Undercover Princess Vivi/Dolf family member Violet
Both kings framed
Dolf and Croc criminal syndicates/subordinates
Ancient civilisation in Skypea with connection to the void century/Ancient civilisation in Greenbit with connection to the void century

Although it doesn't really rustle my jimmies in a major way it does feel a bit annoying. Does anybody else feel this way?
Old 2014-04-25, 14:44   Link #74
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablerie View Post

... in a Dark Knight Joker kinda way. Gonna be hard for Fujitora to turn a blind eye to this.
Nice one. Good joke.
Old 2014-04-25, 17:55   Link #75
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
It's pretty much Skypedia with a smidgen of Alabasta thrown in..... they just have so much in common.

Actually, I'd say it's the other way around. This arc has VERY strong parallels to Alabasta, for certain. To the point that I'm quite certain that this was intentional on Oda's part. Heck, Fujitora even indirectly mentions Alabasta when he told Dofla about his intentions to abolish the shichibukai system. You could basically say that Dressrosa is how Alabasta would have become if Crocodile succeeded in taking the throne from Cobra.....
Old 2014-04-26, 10:07   Link #76
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Doflaemon is in the deep trouble, since plenty of angry citizens and fighters will start chasing him out of the blue
Old 2014-04-26, 10:25   Link #77
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Maybe the string is so fine its like a partice wave?...lol.Hope fujitora do someting like sent a meteorite or two towards where dofla is...or maybe gravity crush a la naruto's pain...dang another break
aww man, even if fujitora is on danger he will not use meteorite on dressrossa. there are too many civilians
Old 2014-04-26, 21:04   Link #78
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Possible allies:
Don Chinjao (Sai and Boo)
Bartolomeo
Sabo
Hack
Koala
Violet
Kyros
Ricky
The Fighting King (his men are another story)

opponents:
everyone else
CP0

other team:
Fujitora and Navy?
Kuzan? Smoker?
Old 2014-04-27, 06:40   Link #79
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Possible allies:
Don Chinjao (Sai and Boo)
Bartolomeo
Sabo
Hack
Koala
Violet
Kyros
Ricky
The Fighting King (his men are another story)

opponents:
everyone else
CP0

other team:
Fujitora and Navy?
Kuzan? Smoker?
You forgot Cavendish. He's definitely going to be an ally.
Old 2014-04-28, 07:12   Link #80
danielevo

Is there a chapter this week?
Closed Thread