AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-05, 02:39   Link #321
Mentar
Banned

I wouldn't rely on the 2chan rumors _too_ much. All girls are "known" to be straight, so there's gotta be at least one male protagonist. And why would they drop such great support characters like Subaru or Fukahire?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 05:48   Link #322
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Oh wow I just watched Moribito's trailer. It looks so good. Sorta giving me the Ghibli vibes too. Must be that old obaasan.

Quote:
Production I.G has announced they are undertaking the anime TV series adaptaion of Uehashi Naoko and Futatsugi Saki's award winning juvenile fantasy novel Seirei No Moribito. 26 episodes are scheduled, network and start times have yet to be made public. Confirmed staff include Director Kenji Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) and Character Designs by Asou Warera. Uehashi mentioned being a fan of the Ghost In The Shell TV seires. A preview trailer is now available at the official website: www.moribito.com
Old 2006-05-05, 07:45   Link #323
wao
OK.

Thanks for the link, that was indeed a nice trailer - I love the drums at the last bit, very cool! And the animation looks good. if Takeshi Honda gets involved in this I'll DEFINITELY be watching! And the original author seems happy with the production - she was hoping she could get it done properly, and the director also said he wanted to make it in a way that the author would definitely be satisfied with it, so I think we might have a good quality production here. Let's just hope so. I just hope IG doesn't botch up Chevalier D'Eon (or are they during the same time??).

And the premise is a little unusual too - a 30-yo woman protecting a 11 year old special kid...
Old 2006-05-05, 12:07   Link #324
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
I wouldn't rely on the 2chan rumors _too_ much. All girls are "known" to be straight, so there's gotta be at least one male protagonist. And why would they drop such great support characters like Subaru or Fukahire?
True. But they were quoting from somewhere else too, and I did see the same thing being said in a different site—though that one mentioned Leo at one point. But since there isn't anything like that on the homepage so far, I'm still unsure as well. Still, why not Otome or Nagomi as the main heroines? That's what most of the fans want anyway. (Or Hime for that matter, since apparently she's the favorite of the scenario writer.) I'm just somewhat disappointed I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie
Oh wow I just watched Moribito's trailer. It looks so good. Sorta giving me the Ghibli vibes too. Must be that old obaasan.
Moribito is definitely one of those I'm looking forward to. It's been high up on my list ever since I've first heard of it.

Actually, there are times when I amusingly say to myself that it's what Condor Hero should've looked like if it was made by a more experienced studio with a larger budget...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
And the premise is a little unusual too - a 30-yo woman protecting a 11 year old special kid...
For some reason that premise is giving me the Motoko vibes.

Last edited by kujoe; 2006-05-05 at 12:42.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 12:08   Link #325
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Oh my, Moribito looks rather promising.

I agree about the Ghibli feel, especially in the Mononoke like backgrounds and the Yubaba lady...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 12:42   Link #326
BOZZY

Moribito, at least from the website, looks pretty cool, what's the story about?
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 13:30   Link #327
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY
Moribito, at least from the website, looks pretty cool, what's the story about?
From AniDB

Quote:
Based on a fantasy novel by Uehashi Naoko & Futatsugi Saki.

Chagumu, the second prince of New Yogo Kingdom, is the person who is chosen once in 100 years to be deposited an egg by a water fairy, and he must become the guardian of fairies.

Thinking of him as a nuisance, the king tries to kill him, while the queen asks a female guard, Valsa, to protect him.
However, the beings live in another world, Nayugu, aim at him to eat an egg laid in Chagumu’s body.
@.@
Old 2006-05-05, 13:48   Link #328
wao
OK.

Vibes of Motoko? Well, come to think of it, it vaguely reminds me of that episode she had in... where was it, Chinatown? Where there was that young kid. Heh, I kinda enjoyed that episode, I wonder if this'll be like that. Let's just see what Kenji Kamiyama does then.

I really want to hear more of the music though - and while this may be in vain, I hope they can keep the quality of the trailer. The impact can be much greater if they keep it like that, otherwise you'd get stuff like Blood+...
Old 2006-05-05, 18:57   Link #329
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I really want to hear more of the music though - and while this may be in vain, I hope they can keep the quality of the trailer. The impact can be much greater if they keep it like that, otherwise you'd get stuff like Blood+...
Let's be realistic; few, if any, trailers (and first episodes) maintain their quality for a full season. I know people like to bash Blood + for all its shortcomings, but it has managed to maintain a high level of consistent animation and overall quality for the majority of its episodes. This can only be encourgaging for those expecting Production I.G to deliver Chevalier and Moribito as A-list material for the summer season...
Old 2006-05-05, 20:48   Link #330
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie
Oh wow I just watched Moribito's trailer. It looks so good. Sorta giving me the Ghibli vibes too.
I thought it was just a movie at first, by its a 26 episode series O.O The production quality looked like a movie, well nothing is going to stop me from watching it when it comes out
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 22:27   Link #331
BOZZY

Just curious, is Tsuyokiss airing this July? Using the GREAT translator, Babelfish, it says something about a nationwide broadcast schedule from July 2006 onwards on the game's official site.
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 23:51   Link #332
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Let's be realistic; few, if any, trailers (and first episodes) maintain their quality for a full season. I know people like to bash Blood + for all its shortcomings, but it has managed to maintain a high level of consistent animation and overall quality for the majority of its episodes. This can only be encourgaging for those expecting Production I.G to deliver Chevalier and Moribito as A-list material for the summer season...
Yeah, hence why I said my wish was in vein. Trailers are obviously purposely made to look nice so that people get attracted but when it comes to the actual show they almost always can't maintain it - it's inevitable. (Unless it's an OVA)

Spoiler for offtopic:

My worry is only that they can balance the two properly. I wonder what kind of teams they're going to build up - for Chevalier it's a director they've pretty much never worked with and the character designer isn't in-house, though for Moribito the director's an IG person... I suspect Moribito might just get the better budget + animation because the author has expectations and it seems like Kamiyama is the type of person who'll kill himself to get the job done as well as he can.

Guess we'll just wait and see. If the director for Chevalier can bring the good talent that is sometimes attached to him (cough hack Norio Matsumoto) then it'll be worth watching too. People like Matsumoto can single-handedly make a show have much better animation in one episode than another series has in a whole set of 26... but enough fangirling, I suppose.
Old 2006-05-06, 00:24   Link #333
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
An anime that got announced a few days ago, but still not listed by MoonPhase

I waited enough :P I'm listing it :P

====================

まもって!ロリポップ
Mamotte! Lollipop

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the shoujo manga magazine Nakayoshi.
For now there are 7 volume released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

From AnimeNfo:

Genre: Shoujo, Comedy, Romance

====================

From AnimeNation:
OMFG!!! YOUR SERIOUS!!!??? This is like my favorite shoujo manga of all time !!! I was waiting for it to be an anime since is started in Nakayoshi. I'm beyond excited 0_0 I have 1-4 but I'll get the rest this summer in Japan.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 14:51   Link #334
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

A new promotional video for Coyote Ragtime Show has been added to Ufotable's website (in the Backdoor section). Hints at the scope and setting of the show (futuristic space adventure with a 20's theme?)...
Old 2006-05-06, 18:50   Link #335
NeoSam

From Manganews:

Quote:
Akihabara@Deep to be developed into Anime for Nickelodeon: ICv2 reports that Nickelodeon, in collaboration with Japanese 3-D Animation house Polygon Pictures, will be broadcasting an anime version of Ira Ishida's manga 'Akihabara@Deep'.
====================

アキハバラ@DEEP
Akihabara@DEEP

Originally a novel by Ira Ishida (石田衣良)

Cover of novel:

Author: Ira Ishida

A manga based on the novel is serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Comic Bunch.
For now there are 2 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

Author: Ira Ishida
Art: Makoto Akane

Genre: Seinen, Comedy, Drama

====================

The manga started on 12/8/2005 (August 12th, 2005) in Comic Bunch magazine.

Nickelodeon doing a seinen anime LOL

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-05-07 at 02:43.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 19:48   Link #336
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I'm curious of how the hell Nickelodeon is going to pull off this.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 20:14   Link #337
mangafanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
I'm curious of how the hell Nickelodeon is going to pull off this.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Anime. . . on Nickelodeon. It's like a daycare working to make better tasting wine coolers or something. Unless they intend to make an "Adult Swim" style hour, I don't know why they're even bothering with trying to make their own anime. Their target demographic simply isn't interested in the qualities that make anime what we love.
mangafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-06, 20:21   Link #338
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangafanatic
You took the words right out of my mouth. Anime. . . on Nickelodeon. It's like a daycare working to make better tasting wine coolers or something. Unless they intend to make an "Adult Swim" style hour, I don't know why they're even bothering with trying to make their own anime. Their target demographic simply isn't interested in the qualities that make anime what we love.
That would explain the choice of a seinen series. It's quite possible the execs over at nick were looking at as' success, and decided they wanted in on it. Still, one seinen anime doesn't make a block, so I'd be interested in what else they would put on if that is their intention. hmm...
Old 2006-05-07, 02:43   Link #339
NeoSam

From the ICv2 site (mentioned above):

Quote:
Ira Ishida's Akihabara@Deep is an edgy, fast-paced cyber-detective comedy/drama set in Akihabara, the electronics district (and otaku heaven) of Tokyo. The property has already been made into a "dorama" (Japanese TV drama) series starring heatthrob Kazama Shunsuke.

Ishida also wrote a manga based on the popular dorama, Ikebukuro West Gate Park, which Digital Manga has published here in the U.S.

Nickelodeon's Akihabara@Deep anime co-production with Polygon Pictures should skew toward an older demographic than the Domo-Kun shorts.
Genre: Seinen, Comedy, Drama
Old 2006-05-07, 04:00   Link #340
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
A new promotional video for Coyote Ragtime Show has been added to Ufotable's website (in the Backdoor section). Hints at the scope and setting of the show (futuristic space adventure with a 20's theme?)...
Interesting, the first complete and original work from ufotable.Cyote Ragtime Show is serialized in Monthly comic RUSH(JIVE publication).Episode numbers are not yet announced.

http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/news/20060322_16.html
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers