Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-02, 09:24   Link #4041
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
Well, the 4 Heavenly Kings were named as gods of war. Still, I'm not sure if they were really gods (they were not as strong) or is just a title awarded because they were powerful warriors (although they seemed weakened by the daggers of light).

Four of them have names of gods, but does not mean that they are. Aphrodite of Pisces is not a god.
this not Aphrodite you can look in his dress symbols this is lucifer.

blue color hair is good lucifer he not evil yet. white hair lucifer become corrupt to power turn into bad person.

i remind eden orion Brozne saint his blue hair is bad person and his hair turn white he become good person they copy it from lucifer style.

nishikinomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 09:36   Link #4042
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishikinomaki View Post
this not Aphrodite you can look in his dress symbols this is lucifer.
Nishi, I think Konja7 knows that it’s Lucifer in the picture.

When Konja7 mentioned “Aphrodite”, he wasn't talking about those gods in your picture, but the Gold Saint one. He’s just addressing that Aphrodite has the name of a goddess but he’s just a human, comparing them to Mars’s 4 Heavenly Kings which also has gods names.
Old 2014-03-02, 09:39   Link #4043
Galaxian

Humm... Lucifer is not in the picture at all, that's Poseidon. Besides, technically he's an angel, not a god.

The deal with Vulcan and the others is that the same thing that was said about Mars in season 1 was said about them, that they were gods of war. It was the exact same term used for both of them. It was only season 2 that suddenly decided to treat Mars as the actual roman god of war.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 09:40   Link #4044
Konja7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Nishi, I think Konja7 knows that it’s Lucifer in the picture.

When Konja7 mentioned “Aphrodite”, he wasn't talking about those gods in your picture, but the Gold Saint one. He’s just addressing that Aphrodite has the name of a goddess but he’s just a human, comparing them to Mars’s 4 Heavenly Kings which also has gods names.
Exactly, I meant that.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 09:49   Link #4045
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Humm... Lucifer is not in the picture at all, that's Poseidon. Besides, technically he's an angel, not a god.
Oh snap!

Well, that's what I got for not reading the previous page before replying .
Old 2014-03-02, 09:49   Link #4046
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:

The deal with Vulcan and the others is that the same thing that was said about Mars in season 1 was said about them, that they were gods of war. It was the exact same term used for both of them. It was only season 2 that suddenly decided to treat Mars as the actual roman god of war.

I agree with you Galaxian Lucifer is not God he just Fallen Angel i been concern why he list in Gods that make weird.
Old 2014-03-02, 09:53   Link #4047
Galaxian

I'm more surprised that you guys had forgotten about Poseidon. He's the most recurring god in the franchise.
Old 2014-03-02, 09:57   Link #4048
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishikinomaki View Post
I agree with you Galaxian Lucifer is not God he just Fallen Angel i been concern why he list in Gods that make weird.
Is there Jesus in SS universe?

Also, now that I've seen your pic-list, why Apollo listed among the defeated gods? In Overture, he wasn’t defeated at all. Seiya could only scratch his face in the end. Even Athena can’t do much against that onii-san of hers .
Old 2014-03-02, 09:57   Link #4049
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:
I'm more surprised that you guys had forgotten about Poseidon. He's the most recurring god in the franchise.
Sorry about that i forgot Him.

Quote:

Also, now that I've seen your pic-list, why Apollo listed among the defeated gods? In Overture, he wasn’t defeated at all. Seiya only able just scratched his face. Even Athena can’t do much against that onii-san of hers .
Sorry i forgot that to Yup seiya not beat Apollo is just draw fight I forgot apollo is good god to he not Kill humans or Rules them. he just want Stop her little sister athena to kill her Big sister artemis .

artemis only bad in movie. look like Apollo stop artemis to Rules Humans why apollo think humans had values of life not insects.

About Jesus Yup maybe there one You forgot This Gods all religion not only greek and roman.

Last edited by nishikinomaki; 2014-03-02 at 10:19.
Old 2014-03-02, 10:03   Link #4050
Galaxian

Quote:
Well, there is Lucifer and the archangel Michael in the SS universe, so maybe.

Quote:
Also, now that I've seen your pic-list, why Apollo listed among the defeated gods? In Overture, he wasn’t defeated at all. Seiya could only scratch his face in the end. Even Athena can’t do much against that onii-san of hers .
He might have not been defeated, but according to the Overture commentary Seiya's cosmo became more powerful than Apollo's, forcing the god to use all his power to erase Seiya's and Saori's memories of each other instead of wiping out humanity like he intended. So technically he was beaten since his plans were foiled.
Old 2014-03-02, 10:22   Link #4051
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
He might have not been defeated, but according to the Overture commentary Seiya's cosmo became more powerful than Apollo's, forcing the god to use all his power to erase Seiya's and Saori's memories of each other instead of wiping out humanity like he intended. So technically he was beaten since his plans were foiled.
Seiya overpower Apollo’s? That’s news to me. So, if that’s true then why Seiya’s last/final punch can only put a liiitle tiny scratch on Apollo’s face before Seiya got defeated (or mind-wiped whatever)? (I assume Seiya losing all his God cloth and got blown away as him being defeated). If those commentary comes from the maker of the movie, I feel inconsistency in it.
Old 2014-03-02, 10:55   Link #4052
Galaxian

Quote:
Seiya overpower Apollo’s? That’s news to me. So, if that’s true then why Seiya’s last/final punch can only put a liiitle tiny scratch on Apollo’s face before Seiya got defeated (or mind-wiped whatever)? (I assume Seiya losing all his God cloth and got blown away as him being defeated). If those commentary comes from the maker of the movie, I feel inconsistency in it.
That's how the movie staff explained it. Seiya became too powerful for Apollo so he had to abandon his plans to wipe out humanity and instead erase Seiya's and Athena's memories, which he realized was the source of Seiya's power.
Old 2014-03-02, 11:15   Link #4053
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
That's how the movie staff explained it. Seiya became too powerful for Apollo so he had to abandon his plans to wipe out humanity and instead erase Seiya's and Athena's memories, which he realized was the source of Seiya's power.
Then it’s either inconsistency or just wrong execution. Their commentary of Seiya overpowering Apollo does not match with what was appeared in the post-credit scene of Seiya’s last punch to Apollo.

I myself like what I see in the movie. For once, both Seiya & Saori/Athena's power still can't win against the (supposedly) absolute power of a god (Apollo), though Seiya did manage to prove his point that humans have the resolve that can surpass gods' expectation and able to fight back (no matter how little) even though he got defeated in the end. I really like that message.
Old 2014-03-02, 11:24   Link #4054
Galaxian

Apollo claim that Seiya couldn't even touch him, the after credits scene show that he was wrong and his powers were not able to fully block the Pegasus RyuSeiKen.
Old 2014-03-02, 11:37   Link #4055
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Apollo claim that Seiya couldn't even touch him, the after credits scene show that he was wrong and his powers were not able to fully block the Pegasus RyuSeiKen.
Yes. That's my point by saying:
Quote:
though Seiya did manage to prove his point that humans have the resolve that can surpass gods' expectation and able to fight back (no matter how little) even though he got defeated in the end.
But a little tiny scratch (before getting blown away right after) is no indication of Seiya overpowering Apollo. What appear on-screen is Seiya's ultimate power (cosmo burn to its furthest limit + God Cloth) is just enough to make his “last will” come true to punch Apollo in the face.
Old 2014-03-02, 11:42   Link #4056
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I didn't realize they updated the opening

So apparently Subaru=Saturn is not a spoiler. However, Omega Clothes are.

Also Saturn is pronounced Satan? So the Saints are facing Satan? XD

Also I'm surprised Saturn still has Subaru's VA. There is a bit of change but not too notable
Old 2014-03-02, 11:43   Link #4057
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

I wish there another saint seiya overture movie or overture tv series What happen to seiya and saori and make sense to story why they memory back in omega.
Old 2014-03-02, 12:11   Link #4058
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
yeah they just wasted 1 episode for jabu filler, should just focus to final battle...

btw

"Seiya! Sagittarius gundam! ikumasss~"
I couldn't resist but I don't get photoshop so...

Old 2014-03-02, 17:56   Link #4059
Galaxian

Quote:
Yes. That's my point by saying:
But a little tiny scratch (before getting blown away right after) is no indication of Seiya overpowering Apollo. What appear on-screen is Seiya's ultimate power (cosmo burn to its furthest limit + God Cloth) is just enough to make his “last will” come true to punch Apollo in the face.
It was a clash of cosmo, Seiya attacking and Apollo defending, and Seiya's won.

Besides, it had to happen. Overture was not suppose to be a stand-alone movie, it was the set up for the Heaven Chapters, so Apollo's plan had to fail.
Old 2014-03-02, 18:50   Link #4060
Kazu-kun

^ Seiya didn't surpass Apollo. He only surpassed his expectation. Apollo thought Seiya wouldn't even be able to touch him but Seiya managed to do just that.

That's not the same as being overpowered. Being overpowered is being overwhelmed, which Apollo clearly wasn't. Still, was Seiya did was enough for Apollo to change his plans, because Seiya proved his point: that humans can surpass god's expectation (expectations, not necessarily the god themselves!).

If Apollo wasn't a relatively good guy, he could have easily killed Seiya. He didn't do it because he respected the fact that Seiya was strong enough to back his word. It's a honor thing.

Tags
action, shounen