AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

Old 2009-04-02, 11:05   Link #61
fedor mma

I am Really expecting this one.The trailer looks awesome,the two leads are cool and the setting is interesting.I pray it doesn't disapoint.
fedor mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 12:55   Link #62
Coruja

I am really looking forward to this.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 10:04   Link #63
Fuze

About 5 days to go until the first episode? I will most likely be hooked right from the beginning; just like I was religiously hooked with H&C.

I'm anticipating a nice blend of suspense, heartwarming scenes, and maybe a tint of comedy as well. I can't wait.
Fuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 06:00   Link #64
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedor mma View Post
I am Really expecting this one.The trailer looks awesome,the two leads are cool and the setting is interesting.I pray it doesn't disapoint.
This is by far the most promising series out of the rest of the junk I have already seen. The music (Falling Down by Oasis) is really catchy.

Can't wait to see it.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 07:07   Link #65
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

When I first saw clips from the trailer, my first thought was "Honey & Clover"? O.o

This series has been hyped quite a bit on ANN and alittle here but I hope it's a good series to redeem some of the anime of Spring '09. It looks pretty interesting.

Can't wait!
x3
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 07:20   Link #66
BluWacky
尻の竜

I don't know if this is legit or not, but it appears that CrunchyRoll COULD be simulcasting this show. It would make sense given their announcement of Ristorante Paradiso.

Can anyone confirm either way?
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 13:04   Link #67
Fuze

If it is a simulcast, their countdown timer seem to be way off since it's suppose to premiere 4/9/09? Unless the "61 days" part is the only error and the hour is correct.

(RP in about 30 minutes though).
Old 2009-04-08, 22:01   Link #68
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
I don't know if this is legit or not, but it appears that CrunchyRoll COULD be simulcasting this show. It would make sense given their announcement of Ristorante Paradiso.

Can anyone confirm either way?
I'm not sure what Ristorante Paradiso being on CR has to do with Higashi no Eden. If they're going to simulcast, they should have announced it by now, since it's airing tomorrow.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 22:56   Link #69
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I'm not sure what Ristorante Paradiso being on CR has to do with Higashi no Eden. If they're going to simulcast, they should have announced it by now, since it's airing tomorrow.
A few hours ago, that link did say it would be simulcast, but included a countdown clock saying 60 days or so. Now the link does not mention simulcasting, and the clock is gone. So BluWacky's doubts appear to have been well founded.

We'll find out soon. The first broadcast in Japan will be at a quarter to one late Thursday night. Just under twelve hours from now.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 02:43   Link #70
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I'm not sure what Ristorante Paradiso being on CR has to do with Higashi no Eden.
(this all does appear to be moot now as they've taken away all the references to it being simulcast, which is sort of disappointing and sort of awesome)

My reasoning went as follows:

i) RisPara I believe is part-produced by Fuji TV.
ii) RisPara is treated "differently" by Fuji TV than other shows as it airs in its own special time slot, like Eden will do.
iii) All the TV Tokyo shows airing on Crunchyroll are part-produced by TV Tokyo
iv) If Eden is part-produced by Fuji TV and has special treatment, perhaps there is a similar deal in place.

Quote:
If they're going to simulcast, they should have announced it by now, since it's airing tomorrow.
They announced RisPara on the day it aired; that's cutting it fine!

Anyway, as Kaoru says, we'll find out later tonight probably. Can't wait!
Old 2009-04-09, 10:53   Link #71
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

[Eden of the East, episode 01]
Spoiler for 2chan thread for Higashi no Eden 01:
GUIDELINES / RULES:
- Do NOT spread the 2chan link.
- If you want to quote my post, then please ERASE THE URL.
- If you want to (re)post screenshots from 2chan, then reload them on Imageshack and kindly supply the new links. In other words, do NOT hotlink. Why? It's simple: when the short-lived 2chan threads get junked along with their contents (aka screencaps), the broken urls automatically lead the user to a pageful of adult advertisements, a type of content outlawed according to Animesuki's policy on inappropriate material.

Forewarning:
I'll erase the URL in a few hours (at least until the first raw or blog entry appears you-know-where) so, if you want to visit the page later on, save my link somewhere (in your bookmarks or notepad...whatever) while it's still up.

EDIT: link removed. HQ raw available so time to take your cue and grab the file you-know-where. If Omniscient eventually decides to cover this (provided he has free time to do so - one never knows), I'll post a link to his blog here.

EDIT bis: Random Curiosity link.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2009-04-10 at 01:03. Reason: 2chan link removal.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 11:16   Link #72
SayaSe
Trap

Well that was a nice start, perfectly paced action and initial story development. Talents at their best.
SayaSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 11:44   Link #73
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Did anyone find themselves incredibly drawn to the lovely flashing white circle throughout the ep? xD
(awaits the usual complaints from male watchers regarding male nudity)
The ep was a lot of fun, (I think females will appreciate it more though) *cough* >.>
Although the random american accents are gonna haunt me for a while. XD
Look foward to seeing next week, although they didn't give any 'what happens next' preview

edit:
that's insane, how did pple in 2chan grab screenshots of the OP and first scene so quickly? xD
Makes some nice wallies tho, thanks renegade

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-04-09 at 12:14.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 13:13   Link #74
sirn
田舎者言うな

Wow, wow, wow. This series is just the best I have seen for the whole season. Seeing Chika Umino’s character designs in a Sci-Fi series really gives me a strange feeling in a very good way.

Spoiler:

The opening and the ending are damn nice especially the visual. I fall in love with this series now. Looking forward to the next episode.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 13:18   Link #75
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Godly animation. Godly art. Godly voice-acting. Hayami Saori is definitely the next Kawasumi Ayako. At least. As in her best singing, she can run a string of nuances through any sentence.

And the voices of the other main characters were also excellent: Kimura Ryouhei as the guy, Tamagawa Sakiko as the voice on the phone, Miyauchi Atsushi as the guy in the car. I think Hayamin is learning acting from these people.

And half the cast of this first episode appears to actually be American, so their English should be pretty good, lol. Hayamin's one English sentence was pretty good, too.

Thanks to Renegade334 for that 2channel real-time thread. Lots of praise for the show, but also a lot of talk about the nudity (as we saw in the preview).
Spoiler for part of the male anatomy and ch1:
Loved the OP and ED. Here's hoping the promise and pace of this first episode continue. I have found Production IG shows like Seirei no Moribito and Real Drive kind of slow. I hope this one is different.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-04-09 at 14:20.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 13:34   Link #76
Woland
Latin Rascal

I found the ED (no idea about the opening...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Urtx5ekQUQ

This is my most anticipated series of the spring and I can't wait for the first ep. (judging from the opinions it seems really good, very well!)
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 14:00   Link #77
Fuze

I'm jealous of people who have seen it already.. ><; I can't seem to find it anywhere, except for the ED provided above. I wanted to hold off watching this series in streaming form but the patience is killing me.

Nothing to add regarding the series since, well, I have not seen it yet... but I'm wondering if Chika Umino has any influence on picking the theme song artists for work she is involved in. If she does, she must be a huge fan of Judy and Mary because H&C had Yuki (formerly of JAM) doing the OP and now School Food Punishment, whom some of you may be familiar with from the latest JAM tribute album. All of this might just be a coincidence or maybe they have some kind of a deal with Epic Records. All I know is that whoever picked the music has great taste.
Old 2009-04-09, 15:01   Link #78
Raiga
tl;dr

Finally managed to watch it... low quality flv but oh well.

To start off I absolutely adore the OP and ED sequences. ^^

Well, the Japanese was way above my current level of comprehension so I'll have to wait on subs, but at least there was a good deal of (actual native speaker!) English to help me along. :P

Very interesting start! Hints at plenty of intrigues going on, and I liked the interaction between the two leads.

Can't wait for the subs (and a higher quality raw)!
Old 2009-04-09, 15:11   Link #79
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, if this is the case, I'll withdraw the 2chan link as I'll be off the airwaves for a while and will be likely to forget I actually had a post to edit. Hopefully, by then Omniscient (who announced he'd be watching this) will have posted screencaps to replace the 2chan shots.

'Night, y'all.

EDIT: HQ raw available. Go get it.
Old 2009-04-09, 15:21   Link #80
BluWacky
尻の竜

Simply the best show of the season.

That's all.

Tags
romance, spy thriller