AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-04-29, 14:13   Link #21
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Most manga start out following the sorurce to a degree, but i've yet to find any manga that does a 100% adaptation from light novel to manga. Some are close, using characters, plot etc etc, but they always seem to go off and do things differently. That's not always a bad thing though.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 06:29   Link #22
Westlo
Lets be reality

Chapter 3 was more fun.. loved the way they drew Taiga with that "scary" look... lol. Looking forward to more.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 07:06   Link #23
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I actually find the art to help improve the entertainment factor a lot.

Typical school comedies really need the art to work after all. In text form alone it's a bit...bland. And it's actually pretty good art. Nothing spectacular (this is no Soul Eater), but I like it. The top-down pose they do for the chapter 3 opening is kind of cool.

I think I'll follow this one gladly, together with the novel that is being painstaking translated by the heroes of Baka-Tsuki!

P.S. By the way, is it just me or it seems the manga authors are ignoring the chapter transitions? It's like, they just end the chapter on page count instead of the "appropriate" transition moment like most other manga do. Not that I mind, manga always read better in a full volume than chapter-by-chapter anyway.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 08:43   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I actually find the art to help improve the entertainment factor a lot.

Typical school comedies really need the art to work after all. In text form alone it's a bit...bland. And it's actually pretty good art. Nothing spectacular (this is no Soul Eater), but I like it. The top-down pose they do for the chapter 3 opening is kind of cool.

P.S. By the way, is it just me or it seems the manga authors are ignoring the chapter transitions? It's like, they just end the chapter on page count instead of the "appropriate" transition moment like most other manga do. Not that I mind, manga always read better in a full volume than chapter-by-chapter anyway.
Well, art pretty much always improves the entertainment factor, unless the art absolutely sucks. Action novels especially benefit with pictures for everything.
Toradora's bland story+good art (Taiga was especially cute in the manga) = A fun read.
In the end, just read both. Everything is solved.

Just you? I didn't have that feeling at all, through the volume.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 06:02   Link #25
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

what he means is that he is reading on an english-release chapter basis. meaning he has to wait until the next chapter is released in english format.

you, serenade beta, on the other hand, may have read the volume 1 in a single reading(correct me if im wrong) so you may not have felt the lack of chapter transtitions. There are some mangas that are better understood if you read them in a single reading (for example volume 1 in 1 read... unlike some that do it in 7 readings)

those are just my presumptions and if you ask me, i really didnt feel the lack of chapter transition by the mangaka, or maybe i read the light novel before hand... idk..
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 17:22   Link #26
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This might be a stupid question, but why at the beginning of chp 3
Spoiler for chap 3:

And yes, I will call Taiga, Louise from this point forth .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 20:13   Link #27
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Spoiler for frubam's Q:
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 23:35   Link #28
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahem View Post
[snip]
Yup. That's right.

Though I don't mean it in that the chapters aren't connecting, it's that it seems like it runs on a, how do I say this, continuous line instead of having segmented pieces (i.e. chapters) that tie together into a volume.

Like at the end of chapter two, where she calls him. It seems like just another panel to me and not a chapter-ending panel (which are usually cliffhangers, conclusions, or the "finishing line"). Like I said though, I don't really mind, since it isn't much of a flaw and manga is meant for volumes anyway for properly voluptuous reading.

P.S. frubam: She's only on the second floor. In fact the entire floor is hers.
Old 2008-05-14, 13:11   Link #29
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
This might be a stupid question, but why at the beginning of chp 3
Spoiler for chap 3:

And yes, I will call Taiga, Louise from this point forth .
Can you please not call her Louise? That's like an insult to both girls.

Like I said before, I personally dislike Louise for her tendency to be over-abusive. Taiga may start off as aggressive, but she'll mellow out over time.

Plus unlike the masochistic Saito, Ryuji does not sit back and pathetically accept Taiga's abuses, he's more "Kyon-like".

(Shameless advertising inserted) BTW, do read the original (translation of it) if you can.

http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...le=Toradora%21
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 15:45   Link #30
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
P.S. frubam: She's only on the second floor. In fact the entire floor is hers.
Oh so that's what it was . I'm thinking she's at the very top, probably because he said that apartment was tall, which caused me to instantly think she's at the top. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post

Like I said before, I personally dislike Louise for her tendency to be over-abusive. Taiga may start off as aggressive, but she'll mellow out over time.

Plus unlike the masochistic Saito, Ryuji does not sit back and pathetically accept Taiga's abuses, he's more "Kyon-like".

(Shameless advertising inserted) BTW, do read the original (translation of it) if you can.

Actually, I couldn't get into ZnT >,> so I only know of Louise's general personality. Now that i think about it, it's more of an insult to Louise than it is Louise . Guess that was just my giddyness from just reading the first 3 chapters that cause me to say that .

I'm not really familiar with (jp) novels in general, so I can't say I'd read it. I heard that it's pretty good, so maybe if i get motivated somehow, I'll check it out.
Old 2008-05-14, 16:36   Link #31
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:

I agree she isn't Louise (Taiga is actually better), but the ending of volume 1 (novel) makes me want to spite her by calling her Louise. At least Louise doesn't make the novel end annoyingly boring.

Hah? If you've read the novels, you would know Saito isn't a masochist of any kind. Saito doesn't like it. He just can't do anything about it from his position.
And if you want to compare Ryuji to Saito, Ryuji loses in almost all categories, and looks pathetic in some parts.

-Manners, housework : Ryuji >> Saito

-Looks, popularity among girls (and other people) : Saito >>>>>> Ryuji
-Achievements, abilities : Saito >>>>>Impassable wall>>>> Ryuji
-Ability to approach the girls he likes : Saito >>Void level gap>> Ryuji

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 05:54   Link #32
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I agree she isn't Louise (Taiga is actually better), but the ending of volume 1 (novel) makes me want to spite her by calling her Louise. At least Louise doesn't make the novel end annoyingly boring.

Hah? If you've read the novels, you would know Saito isn't a masochist of any kind. Saito doesn't like it. He just can't do anything about it from his position.
And if you want to compare Ryuji to Saito, Ryuji loses in almost all categories, and looks pathetic in some parts.

-Manners, housework : Ryuji >> Saito

-Looks, popularity among girls (and other people) : Saito >>>>>> Ryuji
-Achievements, abilities : Saito >>>>>Impassable wall>>>> Ryuji
-Ability to approach the girls he likes : Saito >>Void level gap>> Ryuji
Well, Ryuuji would be popular if people weren't scared shitless of him.
Old 2008-06-01, 15:42   Link #33
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Is it just me or did Taiga upgrade her cute level with that gym hairstyle of hers?

lol @ Ryuuji almost unconsciously tying up her hair for her and the reaction of the onlookers.
Old 2008-06-01, 15:54   Link #34
Westlo
Lets be reality

Nope her cuteness level definitely went up! Good chapter.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 17:00   Link #35
frubam
simp for Lyria

I like how Ryuuji handles Taiga. they definitely have some good chemistry with each other. I'll admit, at the end of chp 3, I thought that maybe, just maybe, he'd be her total slave. Fortunately, even though he's still moving at her pace, he's able to handle her personality pretty well w/0 claming up. Can't wait for the next chap .
Quote:
lol @ Ryuuji almost unconsciously tying up her hair for her and the reaction of the onlookers.
I concur, that was pretty cute, Ryuuji your too good.
Old 2008-06-01, 22:39   Link #36
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to TOP Send a message via MSN to TOP
Just read the manga & novel translation... Interesting manga, and yeah, that girl is totally like Louise.

Another manga added to my list
Old 2008-06-04, 20:36   Link #37
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:

I agree. Taiga is a thousand times more agree-able than Louise. Taiga may be selfish but she has some good qualities..

Gotta say I loved chapter 4. The expressions are drawn in such an appealing way.

My favorite part was

Spoiler for ....:

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 02:30   Link #38
excelence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
I agree. Taiga is a thousand times more agree-able than Louise. Taiga may be selfish but she has some good qualities..
like what? ... she's as worst as Louise at the beginning of the series or you forgot what she did on Ryuji @ch 3?
excelence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 05:19   Link #39
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
yeah, the manga seems to make taiga more on par with Louise, i hope this manga adaption doesn't deviant too far from the novel, since it's changed in the latest chapter. very excited development, which i won't spoil for those who don't read the novel.

Old 2008-06-08, 21:21   Link #40
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelence View Post
like what? ... she's as worst as Louise at the beginning of the series or you forgot what she did on Ryuji @ch 3?
Your kind of right it's a hard argument to make. But atleast Taiga isn't beating up Ryuji 24-7 with a horse whip.

And I give her credit for that.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen