1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.27%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-13, 06:08   Link #701
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
random though #1 :
nunnaly is an innocent person that only lived with her bro, it s very easy to influence such people and makem think they took a decision of their own when in reality they were manipulated into taking such decision. iirc the emperor said she was of no value to him since she was cripple, in a monarchy a woman's value is determined by the possible person you marrie her to, being damaged she is of no value. that s why i m wonder.
Except all of that is conjecture. We still don't fully know or understand the reasons why the Emperor cast out Lelouch and Nunnally. Lelouch believes it is the facade of the 'survival of the fittest' but that's obviously only one aspect. I expect that to be shed light upon later on.

Also, why do people keep downplaying and downright bashing Nunnally down to the ground as to her potential? She IS the Emperor's daughter so I'm sure she has some sort of inner strength and assertiveness we have not been too privy to before. I do think she is somewhat impressionable right now, but I won't be surprised if Nunnally sticks to her new role.

Quote:
random #3 :
for some reason i see lelouch more as a V (from v for vendetta) than a light from DN, both him and V have a grundge against the order in position, they want to make things change and they both forsake their humanity for it they choose to become a symbol and throw away their human name (for V no one know his face for Z only a handfull know who he is) his interaction with allowing kallen to choose her own path is close to V letting natali portman choose her path.... a bit far fetched i agree but i have that gutfeeling (spelling?)
I still see Lelouch as Light with superpowers mainly because Lelouch seems to almost ENJOY it all. Yes, the rebellion and Nunnally are serious business to him, but beyond that it's all fun and games. I don't exact get the same kind of vibe with V in comparison. Him constantly putting on a chess allegory seems to reinforce that.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 06:43   Link #702
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Except all of that is conjecture. We still don't fully know or understand the reasons why the Emperor cast out Lelouch and Nunnally. Lelouch believes it is the facade of the 'survival of the fittest' but that's obviously only one aspect. I expect that to be shed light upon later on.
There is at least one obvious and clear reason; Lulu and Nunnally were sent to give Japan a false sense of security. Japan didn't think the Empire will attack while they have royals under their custody, but Britannia attacked anyway.
That's why everyone assumed Lulu and Nunnally were dead; they were sacrificed to give Britannia the element of surprise for the invasion.

Quote:
I still see Lelouch as Light with superpowers mainly because Lelouch seems to almost ENJOY it all. Yes, the rebellion and Nunnally are serious business to him, but beyond that it's all fun and games. I don't exact get the same kind of vibe with V in comparison. Him constantly putting on a chess allegory seems to reinforce that.
Whatever illusions of fun and games went down the toilet when Lelouch threw up after killing Clovis. Anything he does that looked playful, especially as Zero, are purely theatrics for the purpose of maintaining moral and disheartening his enemies.
Old 2008-05-13, 07:41   Link #703
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

On one hand, I agree it's theatrics. On the other, you really have to wonder just how much of it is truly 'just acting'. You don't order people to kill, go to wars and pull of insane stunts and expect that to only be a facade. I think it's fair to say that it's a huge part of Lelouch's psyche by now.

As for the whole Lelouch/Nunnally thing, I think that sums it up at least by political means. I'm still wondering why it's just them and why at the time. I still somehow thing there's more to the story than the two major reasons mentioned so far. I could always be wrong though.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 07:49   Link #704
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
I think it's fair to say that it's a huge part of Lelouch's psyche by now.
He embraces his current status in episode 23, mentioning how his hands are dirtied.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 08:17   Link #705
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
On one hand, I agree it's theatrics. On the other, you really have to wonder just how much of it is truly 'just acting'. You don't order people to kill, go to wars and pull of insane stunts and expect that to only be a facade. I think it's fair to say that it's a huge part of Lelouch's psyche by now.
That's two separate things. I am claiming the supposed "having too much fun" element you are seeing is just Zero playing-out his role to an audience of millions. It is made very clear that outside of the spotlight, he is a very different person.

There are two separate Zeros; The "Zero" who organized BK and make battle plans, and the "Zero" who make public speeches and taunt Britannia on camera. I am suggesting the speech-making Zero, even though he looked like he is enjoying himself on stage, is actually even more fake than the standard Zero the BK sees.
Old 2008-05-13, 08:49   Link #706
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Got a question here. I forgot to ask this since EP 5.

So does Nanully know her brother got brainwashed? o_O.

Oh and EP6 is great btw. The action scenes i mean. Lulu wasn't like lulu in this episode(you know; like planning things ahead and etc...). That's minus points for me. And I'm pretty surprised Suzaku doesn't care even he is dealing w/ Kallen in a 1on1 fight. And that loli girl seriously needs to talk more or else she'll be just some eye candy(and nothing more) for the loli lovers who are watching this show.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 09:03   Link #707
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post

Oh and EP6 is great btw. The action scenes i mean. Lulu wasn't like lulu in this episode(you know; like planning things ahead and etc...). That's minus points for me. And I'm pretty surprised Suzaku doesn't care even he is dealing w/ Kallen in a 1on1 fight. And that loli girl seriously needs to talk more or else she'll be just some eye candy(and nothing more) for the loli lovers who are watching this show.
no. she doesn't. she wondered what happened between suckaku and lelouch.

uh. its an improvement from "boring.."
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 09:11   Link #708
Lowell1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post

I think Nunally wasnt told anything by the emperor. But....I wonder if her memories was altered to forget Lulu and she was cast away by the empire before.

And hey, don't attack our loli cuz.....at least she's better than all those poor grunts that screamed "GYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYA" then exploded and never to be seen again
Lowell1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 09:56   Link #709
lightbringer
M9000

Lowel, she obviously remembers Lulu in this episode. If her memory has been tempered with, it's not about forgetting her brother.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 09:57   Link #710
Tendou88

Do you guys think that "Core Luminous Cone" on lancelot is an anti-geass shield against Rollo's geass ?
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 09:57   Link #711
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Agreed again, it was actually one of the few things I've had a problem with so far. What the hell was the point of Shirley finding the note if she's just going to get her memory wiped again.
What was the point of introducing character X if they were simply going to die Y minutes later? Everything has a purpose, be it a short one or a prolonged series altering one. The note had its affects for the later part of the first season but its relevance died with Zero between 25 and R2-1. Now its a different story, but one that carries substantial baggage as per Lelouch's guilt.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 09:58   Link #712
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Do you guys think that "Core Luminous Cone" on lancelot is an anti-geass shield against Rollo's geass ?
Nope, it looks like a stronger shield then his pervious ones that allowes him to ram through stuff now because it's pointy. No indication of anit-Geass anywhere from what I can see
Old 2008-05-13, 10:10   Link #713
Lowell1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Lowel, she obviously remembers Lulu in this episode. If her memory has been tempered with, it's not about forgetting her brother.
uh...sorry for the confusion. I was saying if Nunally had other portions of her memory wiped, like she and Lulu was cast away by the empire or maybe about her mother's killing. I wasn't trying to say " her memory was altered to forget lulu"
Old 2008-05-13, 10:36   Link #714
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowell1025 View Post
uh...sorry for the confusion. I was saying if Nunally had other portions of her memory wiped, like she and Lulu was cast away by the empire or maybe about her mother's killing. I wasn't trying to say " her memory was altered to forget lulu"
I don't think so. What's most likely happened is that Suzaku and the Emperor fed her a whole bunch of lies and she believed it.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 11:16   Link #715
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
I don't think so. What's most likely happened is that Suzaku and the Emperor fed her a whole bunch of lies and she believed it.
I personally don't think the Emperor even bothered to do that much.

After all, V.V. asked the Emperor if he had told Nunnally Zero is Lulu. This conversation implied they had not bothered to use Nunnally directly in anything, since if they want to manipulate her this kind of question would have been asked long ago.

Currently the Emperor appear to be as Apathetic as ever; Leaving his children to do their own thing, with minimum involvement.
Old 2008-05-13, 12:30   Link #716
Lowell1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I personally don't think the Emperor even bothered to do that much.

After all, V.V. asked the Emperor if he had told Nunnally Zero is Lulu. This conversation implied they had not bothered to use Nunnally directly in anything, since if they want to manipulate her this kind of question would have been asked long ago.

Currently the Emperor appear to be as Apathetic as ever; Leaving his children to do their own thing, with minimum involvement.
aye, this "god" they just introduced made me really think that there would be a season 3. This is the first time we heard of a "god" and we know nothing about it at all, but it does seem to be a critical piece of the whole story and everything that has happened are related to this "gods" existence.

It'll need a lot of explaining to fit this god into the story and after that there's also Suzaku's plot line, emperor's, Nunally's, Lulu's, Rolo's and knights of rounds.....gosh I hope they do carry it to season 3 or most likely I won't be seeing the kind of character developments I yearn to see. There's so many chars that have very good potential to add much more to the story, and the remaining 20 eps of R2 doesn't allow it to happen
Old 2008-05-13, 12:38   Link #717
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

Whatever illusions of fun and games went down the toilet when Lelouch threw up after killing Clovis. Anything he does that looked playful, especially as Zero, are purely theatrics for the purpose of maintaining moral and disheartening his enemies.
Sorry VCV but I'm gonna have to really disagree with you if you think Lulu isn't genuinely enjoying himself at times or that his gleeful jadedness when mentally owning an opponent is some sort of illusion. Now if you're just talking about when he manipulates the Black Knights as Zero with his high and mighty attitude that's one thing, but behind that mask he definitely enjoys himself, and even when not masked he seems to take great pleasure in himself routinely treating serious situations as fun and games. Like Yagami Light tended to act at times, he kinda acts like a spoiled kid once he’s beaten or has to face the prospect of using a relative in his plans, but I don’t think murdering Clovis was the end of his fun and games…Killing Clovis just popped his cherry…I think he’s beyond that now, unless he would have to personally kill Suzaku…
Old 2008-05-13, 15:34   Link #718
SkoolRumble4Ya

I wonder if the Gods will play a part in the series because CODE GEASS has alot of stuff to do.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 16:04   Link #719
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I find it interesting that some people claim the plot is moving to slow and other that it's moving too fast.
I can understand the argument for both, considering they pack alot into episodes then have somewhat filler time like "buying the birthday present with Shirley" or most of episode 5.
Quote:
Either way, nitpicking at fanservice for the win. A favourite pacetime since Gundam 00 where it suddenly became a major issue for people in relation to mecha series that aren't Macross. And I still don't know what people are on about concerning repetition. Are people just echoing other people's points now for the heck of it, because I have not seen anything I felt was repetitious yet. Every scene in fact has moved the plot along in some manner. Even the one's in episode 5 where people are trying to chill and continue their respective agenda's at the same time.
Yes, yes, and yes. It feels like several times people are on the forums are forced to make the same arguments over and over. As long there is a first season of Code Geass people are going to make comparisons, as long as there is a mech show Gundam Seed is going to come up.

Quote:
And in general I swear we are at the point where it's literally exactly the same as Gundam 00 threads now where people just pick and pick and pick about the most insignificant little things they can't get over. I think more then a few people know what I'm talking about. It's the curse that follows me through to the threads of every Sunrise mecha series I try to watch now. I mean even if they are trying to sell model kits for Bandai, so what? I've said it once and I'll say it again. If they didn't care we'd be getting 30 second TV spots or the Toei formula of Super Robot action.
I completely agree.

I always have a laugh when I read comments like "Omg, it's Kyrios and Virtue, come on Sunrise get new ideas."

A fighter turning into a knightmare/mobile suit is a new idea formed in Gundam 00? A fat knightmare/mobile suit shooting a large blast is also new? Are you kidding me?

You know what if you haven't seen mecha shows before Gundam Seed or Gundam 00, I encourage you to go and pick some up.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 16:19   Link #720
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

So far, the only mecha that I find appealing in the show are the Gloucesters As I am collecting Gundams already, I was thinking of getting one Geass model kit also. And Gloucester just might be my next choice.

Too bad Graston Knights seem to do nothing but lose during the second season so far.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote