1 out of 10 : Painful 14 4.27%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-06-29, 17:43   Link #401
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
Yep. Different strokes for different folks. It's just my turn to complain is all. I did try to make a point to use terms/phrases such as: IMO, I don't like, to me/for me, etc. Still, any time someone is bitching about something, it can be disheartening to those who liked it. But one of the purposes of these threads is to vent right? Sorry if anyone is offended. I feel the way I feel, and it was good to get it out. To tell you the truth, I think that the Geass negation power will end up annoying me moreso than the whimsy of this episode. Of course I'll need to see more before i fully judge it though.
I know, I'm always cool if people are upset when they admit that it is they who are frustrated or discontent, don't generalize it as a universal problem or make outrageous claims, are reasonable and are clear about what they don't like. It's very hard to argue with an opinion and it's only when people mistake their opinion for fact that I tend to debate them. I mean that last sentence is something I don't see a lot anymore.

I'll be having a bit of a go at some aspects of the episode later tonight myself.

This episode kind of brings back memories of High School where the student council would always organize really lame and goofy events and I would always groan everytime I walked past somebody engaged in them. Stupid costumes were pretty normal....actually the stuff they do in this episode was believe it or not less retarded then some of the events they would organize at my high school. At least this event wasn't brought to us by Pizza Hut. Now that I think of it, everytime we had a festival they'd have this big old honking Coke Truck pull up to the school to throw out coke cards and other merchandise. I still remember the time one of them threw one towards me and I dodged out of the way lest I be tainted by the whole display. I mean I love Coke, but advertising has no place in a Public School.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 17:45   Link #402
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoogleking View Post
I'm getting the idea that Charles got suspicious of Lelouche, and then ordered Bartley to install the Geass Canceller into Jeremiah.
Install? Nah. V.V. gave it to him but his eye is like tht since he got messed up in S1
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 17:51   Link #403
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

So is C.C.'s main power to give Geass to others, or is it her unexplained tactile telepathy, or what? Because if her main power is to gift Geass to others, then Lelouche may be in danger of losing his power considering Jeremiah's new ability. Of course, if he ever did lose his Geass, they'd almost have to give it back to him at some point. But it might make things a little more interesting for a while.
JesseJamesRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 17:53   Link #404
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
So is C.C.'s main power to give Geass to others, or is it her unexplained tactile telepathy, or what? Because if her main power is to gift Geass to others, then Lelouche may be in danger of losing his power considering Jeremiah's new ability. Of course, if he ever did lose his Geass, they'd almost have to give it back to him at some point. But it might make things a little more interesting for a while.
Details unknown, will have to wait for confirmation, but it'd be kind of cheap for him to just make Lelouch's Geass vanish. I think it more likely he just cancels the effect it has on people myself >_>
Old 2008-06-29, 17:58   Link #405
Traece
:cool:

Heh I rewatched the episode. Everyone, we have a new pairing! Who's up for Rolo x Lelouch? xD From what we've seen Lelouch is a bit of a stiffy in the closet with Rolo, if you know what I mean, *nudge nudge*. Hah.

Code Geass will forever be the greatest harem anime ever. xD Props to Lelouch for not being afraid to go for all the women, and even his fake brother. <_<.

Anyone else find it sort of funny that Anya had a regiment of troops protecting her? Also, it's amazing how many couples formed as a result of this, despite the fact that nearly all the people in the school were chasing after Lelouch.

Um... Also... Anyone else think that Lelouch x Viletta would be sort of cute in a way? x_x

Cancel and Delete aren't the same. Jeremiah cancels the effects of the Geass... Now if he had a Geass Deleter, that would be troublesome.
Old 2008-06-29, 18:00   Link #406
KrimzonStriker

Other couples? Where? When?
Old 2008-06-29, 18:01   Link #407
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Other couples? Where? When?
He was joking.

I don't trust this episode, for the same reason I didn't trust the Ep.20-21 of the first season. Its setting up a fall for someone.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 18:03   Link #408
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Details unknown, will have to wait for confirmation, but it'd be kind of cheap for him to just make Lelouch's Geass vanish. I think it more likely he just cancels the effect it has on people myself >_>
Yeah that, I think was most people's first thought, including mine. I also hope it doesn't take away his Geass. Just a thought and a possibility.
Old 2008-06-29, 18:03   Link #409
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
He was joking.

I don't trust this episode, for the same reason I didn't trust the Ep.20-21 of the first season. Its setting up a fall for someone.
On the plus side, it's helped set thing up so that we will finally being moving the plot quite a bit forward it seems anyway, and if someone must die in order for that to be accomplished then so be it
Old 2008-06-29, 18:03   Link #410
Tendou88

Cornelia x Orange came up in my mind after the episode.
So..do Cornelia know about Lelouch being Zero ? and how did she find out about geass anyway...
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 18:04   Link #411
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

It seems like if Code Geass moves in one direction it angers a certain fan base of the show, but if it moves back then it angers another fan base. Example; Have a school harem love episode, and it angers the people who want to see more mech action and geass plot. Move towards mech action and people want to more geass plot and school harem. Move towards geass plot...well you get the point.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 18:04   Link #412
Traece

You know I remembered something again..

Who are the four guys in the secret Command Room with Lelouch after they make the switch? Just some random guys he Geassed to work for him or are they more Black Knights who know his identity? If he Geassed them, then that could be REALLY bad if the Canceller is used on Ashford.

Edit: Lelouch admitted his true identity to Cornelia after defeating and injuring her. She was shocked, obviously... He found that she didn't have anything to do with the death of his mother and the injuring of his sister. He left her be since Jeremiah interrupted the interrogation, and Cornelia sat there injured and defeated. He used the Geass on her and I think he mentioned a detail or two. Oh! He told her about Euphemia, I believe. How he had not intended for the massacre.
Old 2008-06-29, 18:06   Link #413
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
You know I remembered something again..

Who are the four guys in the secret Command Room with Lelouch after they make the switch? Just some random guys he Geassed to work for him or are they more Black Knights who know his identity? If he Geassed them, then that could be REALLY bad if the Canceller is used on Ashford.
I think he Geassed them, they were wearing the hates, and were probably the agents he took care of before hand or something like that and only Kallen/C.C know of his identity among the Order of the Black Knights
Old 2008-06-29, 18:06   Link #414
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

Quote:
Heh I rewatched the episode. Everyone, we have a new pairing! Who's up for Rolo x Lelouch? xD From what we've seen Lelouch is a bit of a stiffy in the closet with Rolo, if you know what I mean, *nudge nudge*. Hah.

Code Geass will forever be the greatest harem anime ever. xD Props to Lelouch for not being afraid to go for all the women, and even his fake brother. <_<.

Anyone else find it sort of funny that Anya had a regiment of troops protecting her? Also, it's amazing how many couples formed as a result of this, despite the fact that nearly all the people in the school were chasing after Lelouch.

Um... Also... Anyone else think that Lelouch x Viletta would be sort of cute in a way? x_x

Cancel and Delete aren't the same. Jeremiah cancels the effects of the Geass... Now if he had a Geass Deleter, that would be troublesome.
Yeah, I hear you, it's just that we aren't sure yet if the Geass' of those not of C.C. and V.V.'s race are ingrained beyond deletion, or if they are effects that can be canceled.
Old 2008-06-29, 18:07   Link #415
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Rolo came out of the closet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
He was joking.

I don't trust this episode much either, I see a little of seaon 1 in this, and Shirley might get screwed over in the end again (Let's hope so, the pairing of nowhere)

Either Shirley or Jeremiah

(almost like 0,5% chance for Rolo, but doubt it)
Old 2008-06-29, 18:15   Link #416
Asrialys

I'm basing this off Wikipedia's list of characters, but it seems Charles apparently has 108 consorts. In this episode Lelouch had dates scheduled for 108 girls. Heh...
Old 2008-06-29, 18:17   Link #417
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
I'm basing this off Wikipedia's list of characters, but it seems Charles apparently has 108 consorts. In this episode Lelouch had dates scheduled for 108 girls. Heh...
Hmm... wow, that's a good bit of irony right there, so we managed to appease the harem fans without having to commit to it, score
Old 2008-06-29, 18:20   Link #418
Traece

Doesn't surprise me. Like father like son! Besides calling Lelouch a womanizer every chance I get... I also compare him to his father, Charles...

Heh.. And some of you people think that Lelouch wont end up becoming the Emperor of Britannia... e_e.

The big difference here though is that if Lelouch goes bangity bang bang after getting his power, Kallen will go bangity bang SLICE on him... Ah, the castration. *Shudder.*
Old 2008-06-29, 18:21   Link #419
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou88 View Post
Cornelia x Orange came up in my mind after the episode.
So..do Cornelia know about Lelouch being Zero ? and how did she find out about geass anyway...
I am guessing Suzaku reported to cornelia first after getting zero and she gave him access to meet the emperor. It seem strange that suzaku was able to go directly to the emperor when he had zero dealings with him during season 1
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 18:24   Link #420
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Why is my poor Shirley the butt monkey among all the series' girls!?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote