2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.61%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 4.27%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-06-29, 19:56   Link #501
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
What do you mean by newer memories? The ones given by the emperor? What does a geass canceller do? It cancels the effect of the geass. As to whether she remembers her fake memories or not, it is very likely the she remembers since Lelouch remembers his fake memories also.
I think he means the memories newly formed since the Geass took effect.

You have to remember Shirley did have a PERMANENT (It would've lasted for as long as she lived, no doubt. The Geass hasn't been shown to have a time limit) Geass used on her and when the Geass stops working you forget EVERYTHING that happened while under the effect.

She could possibly not remember anything new.
Old 2008-06-29, 19:58   Link #502
Tendou88

Cornelia siding with Lelouch could happen imo.

Lets say that Cornelia shows up in public and gather attention.
Cornelia was about to reveal the geass ability and Zero geass Euphy info, but Orange or those new knights of round stops/captures her, ordered by emperor.
Cornelias reputations is ruined
Later Lelouch/Zero saves Cornelia, and Lelouch tells her that it was a accident..after all cornelia knows about geass effect now, so she might understand the situation.

It seems that Anya will follow Lelouch too when she finds out about Lelouch being prince

I hope it turns out like this or something like this
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 20:00   Link #503
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:

What do you mean by newer memories? The ones given by the emperor? What does a geass canceller do? It cancels the effect of the geass. As to whether she remembers her fake memories or not, it is very likely the she remembers since Lelouch remembers his fake memories also.
That's what is dangerous for Shirley.

1) She knows that Lelouch has only 1 sister. How the hell did this Rolo kid come in?
2) The dear "Miss Nu" is not really just a teacher, but a part of the Imperial army. So, why is she in the academy?

On Cornelia: I seriously doubt that she'll join Lelouch, if she bottles everything within her. Like I said, she's 3 fuses away from blowing up Lulu, and the 1st fuse is fast going...
Old 2008-06-29, 20:05   Link #504
FuzzyWuzzy

K I will simplify this for you guys.

In shirley's head, she has two playstation2 memory cards.

One memory card has a label that says fake memory.
The other memory card has a label that says true memory

So you have fake memory + true memory. She saved some games in true memory but she can't access it since a hacker that hacked fake memory card busted the slots. But she can access fake memory card.

So Jeremiah came along and fixed the slots. She can now access both memory cards.
She can access fake memory card and true memory card.

Also you can replace Shirley with Lelouch and Jeremiah with C.C. if you want.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 20:07   Link #505
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:

So you have fake memory + true memory. She saved some games in true memory but she can't access it since a hacker that hacked fake memory card busted the slots. But she can access fake memory card.

So Jeremiah came along and fixed the slots. She can now access both memory cards.

Also you can replace Shirley with Lelouch and Jeremiah with C.C. if you want.
That's the dangerous part, like I said. The different versions will definitely raise questions. Once she starts looking for answers, I'll be saying my prayers.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2008-06-29 at 20:29.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 20:14   Link #506
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou88 View Post
Cornelia siding with Lelouch could happen imo.

Lets say that Cornelia shows up in public and gather attention.
Cornelia was about to reveal the geass ability and Zero geass Euphy info, but Orange or those new knights of round stops/captures her, ordered by emperor.
Cornelias reputations is ruined
Later Lelouch/Zero saves Cornelia, and Lelouch tells her that it was a accident..after all cornelia knows about geass effect now, so she might understand the situation.

It seems that Anya will follow Lelouch too when she finds out about Lelouch being prince

I hope it turns out like this or something like this

Keep on dreaming
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 20:17   Link #507
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Sad but true. Cornelia's emotions are getting twisted. I do wish that she speaks with Nunnally, though. Nunnally being the heir to Euphie's dream and more importantly, the sister of you-know-who.
Old 2008-06-29, 20:17   Link #508
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
That's what is dangerous for Shirley.

2) The dear "Miss Nu" is not really just a teacher, but a part of the Imperial army. So, why is she in the academy?
Actually Shirley shot Viletta. So... I don't think her being a Britannian soldier is the big issue.

Quote:

So you have fake memory + true memory. She saved some games in true memory but she can't access it since all the data has become corrupted by a year of dust, being at room temperature, and being unused.

Well here's the problem that I mentioned before... When under the effects of the Geass, you forget EVERYTHING that happened while being controlled by it. So going by that, wouldn't Shirley forget everything between being Geassed and being un-Geassed? Oh.. And I fixed your post for you! Now it makes more sense and coincindes with the truth of PS2 Memory Cards. You don't even need the hacker... Just let it get all dusty and half the memory will become corrupted. xD

Quote:
Keep on dreaming
What? It's not like this is an unlikely scenario. Don't you think it a bit odd that Anya has that picture on her device? She is younger than Lelouch, so it is a curious thought. She could have been in love with Young Lelouch.
Old 2008-06-29, 20:19   Link #509
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Actually Shirley shot Viletta. So... I don't think her being a Britannian soldier is the big issue.
It is not every day that you have a soldier as a teacher in school. If Shirley doesn't start asking around, I'll eat my shirt.
Old 2008-06-29, 20:24   Link #510
orangejuicetang

Basically, Lelouch wiped Shirley's memories. Charles also wiped Lelouch's memories. When Lelouch regained his memories, he still remembered what happened during the year when he had fake memories. So basically, Shirley should also remember what happened between the time of geassing and the time of ungeassing.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 20:27   Link #511
calvinguy

Good episode, they are following the pattern of the Shirley Arc back in season 1 but Orange this time instead of Mao.

Unlike some of you guys I don't believe that this is pointless, I have a more optimistic view on this. Shirley will eventually confront Lelouch about the whole thing (episode 14, if it follows the trend) and everything will be a repeat of first season up to the part where Lelouch gets the chance to decide whether he'll geass Shirley again (if she is geassable from being canceled) or do the right thing this time around. I think this whole thing was setup so we could see how season 2 Lelouch differs from his former season 1 self.

Feel free to disagree but I don't believe they had Shirley go through all that just to have her come back to a meaningless death.
calvinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 20:28   Link #512
Calth

Quote:
Well here's the problem that I mentioned before... When under the effects of the Geass, you forget EVERYTHING that happened while being controlled by it. So going by that, wouldn't Shirley forget everything between being Geassed and being un-Geassed? Oh.. And I fixed your post for you! Now it makes more sense and coincindes with the truth of PS2 Memory Cards. You don't even need the hacker... Just let it get all dusty and half the memory will become corrupted. xD
If you look carefully at the memory un-wipe, you can see Shirley remembering finding the missing diary page, so it is safe to say that she at least remembers everying between being geassed by Lelouch and the Emporer. I would guess that the same would hold though.
Calth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 20:30   Link #513
Thassodar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
And please explain to me why they couldn't deal with Shirley in the first season and still have those things?

Although while Mao wasn't entirely pointless (we learned more about the Geass from him) he was one of the most annoying things to come out of the series.
I actually REALLY enjoyed Mao. It was nice to have a real villain for Lelouch, and one that knew more than him. If I remember correctly didn't Lelouch Geassify Shirley shortly after the confrontation with Mao?

As far as Shirley's memories go, whats to stop her from walking up to Lelouch and popping him in the head with a gun? Switch to Xing-Ke being the main character, lol.

What is Anya going to do about seeing two Lelouches? From my faint skim over the thread, nobody has mentioned that. Is she gonna keep quiet until the last second? It was kinda stupid of her to bust out her mech (sorry I forget the official name of hers) in the first place. Ah well, overall I enjoyed this episode.
Thassodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 20:30   Link #514
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Good episode. Miya needed more screen time though.

And Jeremiah could be the one to erase Suzaku's Geass
Then someone can kill him.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-29, 20:31   Link #515
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinguy View Post
Good episode, they are following the pattern of the Shirley Arc back in season 1 but Orange this time instead of Mao.

Unlike some of you guys I don't believe that this is pointless, I have a more optimistic view on this. Shirley will eventually confront Lelouch about the whole thing (episode 14, if it follows the trend) and everything will be a repeat of first season up to the part where Lelouch gets the chance to decide whether he'll geass Shirley again (if she is geassable from being canceled) or do the right thing this time around. I think this whole thing was setup so we could see how season 2 Lelouch differs from his former season 1 self.

Feel free to disagree but I don't believe they had Shirley go through all that just to have her come back to a meaningless death.
Her life is on the edge of a knife. One wrong comment or question, and she's toast.
Old 2008-06-29, 20:35   Link #516
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Anyone else find it sort of funny that Anya had a regiment of troops protecting her? Also, it's amazing how many couples formed as a result of this, despite the fact that nearly all the people in the school were chasing after Lelouch.
Nah they were all after Anya's hat

Definitely got their asses kicked by her though, since she's supposedly extremely skilled in hand-to-hand combat.
Old 2008-06-29, 20:35   Link #517
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Heh, I really enjoyed this episode. It was quite funny, but still had some decent plot in it, particularly near the end.

Anya, shes completely... tactless, "Are you the Lelouch in this photo?" A 'brilliant' idea to hunt him down in the Mordred, heh she needs to learn some common sense that girl.

Cornelia looked smoking this episode, I wasn't the biggest fan of her in S1, but she looks all kick ass in S2 in her quest for answers, Our Lady Vengeance imo.

Poor Shirley though, having to confront all those memories again. Even though we knew, it was good to see even more confirmation that the kids in Ashford were memory wiped by the Emperor. It'll be interesting to see how she handles it, will she just charge on in or mope in a corner. Shes gotta be curious about Rollo now, hope that does send her the way of the cat. I think she might be more concerned with Lulu though. Because she also knows that Nunnally is the Governer, so she'd be more or less safe, but it does bring up more questions for her about Lulu. She's definitely in danger though.

Orange's ability is going to cause major havoc when he gets to Ashford, I don;t think Lulu will be able to stay there for much longer. I wonder though Shirley could get there first and incidentally raise some warning flags if she confronts Lulu about it, although he'd have NFI why his Geass stopped working, but if he is wily enough he'd cotton onto the Emperors not working either.

Preview was interesting, bit of a confrontation with lulu and orange in there if not mistaken. And is that a V mask at the end there.
Old 2008-06-29, 20:36   Link #518
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Basically, Lelouch wiped Shirley's memories. Charles also wiped Lelouch's memories. When Lelouch regained his memories, he still remembered what happened during the year when he had fake memories. So basically, Shirley should also remember what happened between the time of geassing and the time of ungeassing.
That's a good point... Nevermind I guess.
Old 2008-06-29, 20:37   Link #519
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Cornelia, Cornelia... the thought of her face twisted with rage depresses me.
Old 2008-06-29, 20:38   Link #520
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

This was a great episode but it was fast paced. If they keep this up, the series could be over at number 25. I don't think Shirley will die. However, I firmly believe she won't be with Lelouch at the end. Being with the person who is responsible for her father's death wouldn't seem right now that she knows.