AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-05, 22:31   Link #1
SvenCalBayan

Dark Souls III

It's not a rumor anymore... Dark Souls III will be announced at E3 2015 !
Spoiler for Awesomeness... coming to E3 2015...:

Dark Souls 3 will reportedly release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2016... a PC port is still unsure, but if the game sells well... which it will, it'll surely come to PC. I'm gonna get that next Nvdia card (GTX 1000 series, Pascal ?).

According to a recent leak, the game will support up to 4 players, although whether that's in co-op or PvP sense remains to be seen. When you build your character at the start of the game, you'll have the option to choose one of 10 different character classes.

That same leak claims that Dark Souls 3 will contain 45 new enemies and 15 new bosses, with a note that this number doesn't include characters and monsters that have appeared in previous Souls games. In order to fight these creatures, the leak also states that there will be 100 new weapons and 40 new armor sets to deck out your character with.

Alongside this are reportedly 60 minutes of mostly in-engine cutscenes, which is a number far higher than previous From Software games.

The leak also claims that Dark Souls 3 will house about 12 different areas, totaling up an amount of content similar to the original Dark Souls. As these navigate the world, the way you interact with other players online will reportedly be different. Instead of soapstones and signs, Dark Souls 3 will have you participating in sacrifice ceremonies, which have you dragging around bodies to specific areas, performing a ritual, and visiting another person's game.

The final big details in the reported leak deal with the bosses in Dark Souls 3. Boss battles will have a new "heat up" factor that changes the way you approach an encounter. An example given includes a fight against an enemy who can either come at you as a standard-looking knight, or a nightmarish creature reminiscent of something from Bloodborne.

Last edited by SvenCalBayan; 2015-06-05 at 22:38. Reason: More...
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 00:26   Link #2
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Err it's a rumour until we got an official announcement.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 08:47   Link #3
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

It's no rumor.

It's pretty damn real.
Old 2015-06-06, 12:46   Link #4
Raviel

Meanwhile here I am still waiting to buy Scholar of the First Sin because I can't play Bloodborne or this unless they miraculously come to PC

Also, it looks like From still have whatever they were smoking when they made Bloodborne.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 21:47   Link #5
SvenCalBayan

Frankly speaking, from my experience, I prefer Dark Souls II's combat over Bloodborne's.

Yeah, sure, Bloodborne's combat is more active, less passive... but most of the times, it just feels like a button mashing contest. In Dark Souls II, you can do both, be passive or aggressive, but it never feels like a button mashing contest.

I played almost all the versions of Dark Souls II : PS3, PC (DX9) and now SotFS (PS4).

I'm quite sure Dark Souls III will be released for PC.

The way I see it, for consoles (X1 and PS4), they will be aiming for Witcher-like graphics with 1080p (or perhaps little bit less...) and 30 FPS.

As for PC, just like the PC port of Dark Souls II, Dark Souls III will be able to reach 60 FPS... hopefully with the 60 FPS, if they learned anything from Dark Souls II, they'll fix the weapon durability glitch. Yeah, weapons in 60 FPS gameplay lost durability quickly.

So basically, I think that the port of Dark Souls III will be of the same quality as the Dark Souls II port. I mean, if you look at comparison footage between the PC (DX9) and PS3 version of Dark Souls II, you can see that the textures are more detailed and crisper on the PC. I guess, we'll have more of the same next year when we compare PS4 and PC version of Dark Souls III.

Still... Dark Souls III might push me into getting a new PC and grafx card.

Last edited by SvenCalBayan; 2015-06-06 at 22:34. Reason: Link...
Old 2015-06-07, 06:55   Link #6
Kafriel
Senior Guest

DSII had a lot of variety. You could go berzerker on everyone, play the riposte game or a combination of the two, snipe people with arrows, snipe people with magic, zone people with miracle lightning bolt, control terrain with fire, go swordmage with enchants or pure battlemage. With the NG+ items and the extra choices given, it was definitely fun to play and interesting to start over and IMO that's what made it a good game. Hell, even DeS was fun to replay, just for getting the world tenacity of your choice and grabbing all that extra gear/souls.

With DSIII being their fifth major game, I expect FROM to deliver once again.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 07:03   Link #7
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenCalBayan View Post
Frankly speaking, from my experience, I prefer Dark Souls II's combat over Bloodborne's.

Yeah, sure, Bloodborne's combat is more active, less passive... but most of the times, it just feels like a button mashing contest. In Dark Souls II, you can do both, be passive or aggressive, but it never feels like a button mashing contest.
What does this even mean?

Are you telling me Dark Souls doesn't let you use "R1, R1, R1..." most of the time or Bloodborne doesn't have you baiting attacks for parries and counters?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-07, 07:42   Link #8
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What does this even mean?

Are you telling me Dark Souls doesn't let you use "R1, R1, R1..." most of the time or Bloodborne doesn't have you baiting attacks for parries and counters?
I used to think PvP would be an R1 mashfest, but then, I spent some time on Praise the Sun's channel...that's some depth right there.

Turning the lock-on off and then turning it on again in less than a second to get the right aim, insane mix-ups not only with L1 but also switching weapon to get faster gun punish from transformed...there's a lot going on...

If anybody calls Bloodborne a mashfest, then I guess there's only one thing to say: GIT GUD
Old 2015-06-09, 13:36   Link #9
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...y-2016-release

So yeah, DSIII officially confirmed... I guess that's that.

Or, as official as you can get from IGN
Old 2015-06-09, 13:59   Link #10
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I thought he was doing a thumbs up.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-10, 01:25   Link #11
Raviel

So......is DS3 actually going to get a PC port unlike Bloodborne?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-10, 01:36   Link #12
SvenCalBayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
So......is DS3 actually going to get a PC port unlike Bloodborne?
Very likely.

Probably gonna be available for PC (on STEAM) a month or a month and half later after the consoles release just like DS2 was.

I hope, that for the consoles version, we could use our character's name instead of our PSN or XBOX live ID. Bloodborne did it. Why not do it for DS3 ?.

Dark Souls II SotFS (PS4 version) did not have it. I was disappointed.
Old 2015-06-10, 03:30   Link #13
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Ok the game seems to be confirmed, i wonder what gameplay changes we will get (and i hope we ll get a correct PC version).
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-10, 03:33   Link #14
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
Ok the game seems to be confirmed, i wonder what gameplay changes we will get (and i hope we ll get a correct PC version).
We actually have some rumors on mechanics addition as well, something called "Sword Arts" I think.

(Just the first few minutes)

Old 2015-06-10, 12:30   Link #15
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...y-2016-release

So yeah, DSIII officially confirmed... I guess that's that.

Or, as official as you can get from IGN
Doesn't that look like the Alva set from DS2?
Old 2015-06-10, 16:52   Link #16
Draco Spirit

I'll likely go sword/shield and bow, and focus on getting that green bar nice and high again. Early as it is, what sort of set ups are people planning this time?
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-10, 18:01   Link #17
Chosen_Hero

Man, I can't help but cringe at the people saying this looks like Bloodborne (mostly those that don't have a PS4 to play it), I personally don't see it, it just looks like more of Dark Souls 1 especially Anor Londo.
Old 2015-06-10, 18:26   Link #18
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Man, I can't help but cringe at the people saying this looks like Bloodborne (mostly those that don't have a PS4 to play it), I personally don't see it, it just looks like more of Dark Souls 1 especially Anor Londo.
As somebody who actually has played Bloodborne, I can see a bit of resemblance to it in a couple of the screenshots.

Not sure why that's cringe-worthy though...
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-10, 18:52   Link #19
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
As somebody who actually has played Bloodborne, I can see a bit of resemblance to it in a couple of the screenshots.

Not sure why that's cringe-worthy though...
Spiky buildings doesn't make it similar, like I said it look more like Dark Souls one just a bit more gothic and dark, while Bloodborne's style was victorian mixed with a Lovecraftian atmosphere.

It's cringe-worthy because of the desperation of trying to tie to Bloodborne, they are only similar mechanically and even that's a strech considering the difference in how both play.
Old 2015-06-10, 20:47   Link #20
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Spiky buildings doesn't make it similar, like I said it look more like Dark Souls one just a bit more gothic and dark, while Bloodborne's style was victorian mixed with a Lovecraftian atmosphere.

It's cringe-worthy because of the desperation of trying to tie to Bloodborne, they are only similar mechanically and even that's a strech considering the difference in how both play.
I think you're taking it a bit too seriously; I said neither that they were exactly the same nor that they were overly similar, just that there's a small resemblance (and even then only in a couple of the screenshots; others, like you said, bore a rather strong resemblance to Anor Londo). Unless people are saying that the similarities run deeper than a small passing resemblance, I'm not sure what you're getting up in arms over.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote