AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-15, 00:57   Link #21
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Finally Tsukihime is licensed. I'm so happy this just made my day. I see Stellva got licensed too. A double whammy. Can't wait until the dvds start rolling out.
Old 2004-05-15, 01:14   Link #22
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinDragon
This is Psybuster. It's not from the 80's. It came out during 1999~2000.
It's doesn't have the same characters from The SRW's Psybuster and it doesn't have anything to do with the Super Nintendo's "Masou Kishin Psybuster - The Lord of The Elements".
Which is kinda disappointing.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search.html...word=Psybuster
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=2547
Not much info about it...
Thanks! Hmm, so it looks like some sort of sci-fi mecha anime. Anyone have any idea what makes it special and worth licensing/buying?

As for the pirate comment, somehow I feel like Mr. Chu was referring more to fansubs and online DVD rips than bootleggers...(Not that bootlegging isn't also a serious problem)
Old 2004-05-15, 02:27   Link #23
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Tsukihime! Must buy!
pffft, there's a thousand arguments for and against fansubs, but in my case, lately if i like it, i buy it (Azumanga Daioh, Saikano (the first series i downloaded before it was licensed and then bought), and now Tsukihime...also maburaho)
unfortunately Tsukihime getting licensed NOW kicks my anime club's next series in the teeth -_- (we sometimes burn "good" series onto DVDs and play them, lately everything we show/plan to show has been getting licensed (i have a STRICT policy not to show bootlegs or licensed anime in fansub format...only unlicensed and legit copies) such as Chrno Crusade, FMA, and now Tsukihime)
Old 2004-05-15, 02:52   Link #24
Secca
nya`
*Artist

There are stil plenty of good shows to replace those licensed for your anime club i think. Like Monster, Gantz, Kenran Butoh Sai, Planetes, etc etc. ^^

Edit: Actually in my anime club we did show Jubei chan DVD, and we actually mailed and talk if it is ok to show it in our anime club with Bandai, and we got a permission to show it. It's a form of promotion I think and introducing the show to people. And alot of people in there got hooked to Jubei chan after we show it. ^^

Last edited by Secca; 2004-05-15 at 03:03.
Old 2004-05-15, 13:37   Link #25
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
There are stil plenty of good shows to replace those licensed for your anime club i think. Like Monster, Gantz, Kenran Butoh Sai, Planetes, etc etc. ^^

Edit: Actually in my anime club we did show Jubei chan DVD, and we actually mailed and talk if it is ok to show it in our anime club with Bandai, and we got a permission to show it. It's a form of promotion I think and introducing the show to people. And alot of people in there got hooked to Jubei chan after we show it. ^^
We have a sort of "content criteria" i.e. no nudity or excessive violence (meaning: no Mahoromatic and we try not to show Samurai X...but we run out of stuff reeeeal quick)
and we've shown Jubei too
they hated it
freaks
Old 2004-05-15, 14:09   Link #26
7thMethuselah

yeah Tsukihime is a must have. I really want to play the game as well though, but I guess that isn't very likely to happen as I don't expect anyone to translate it and sell it

Tsukihime was quite a hit among my anime loving friends so I expect them to be happy about the license as well
Old 2004-05-15, 17:36   Link #27
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
We have a sort of "content criteria" i.e. no nudity or excessive violence (meaning: no Mahoromatic and we try not to show Samurai X...but we run out of stuff reeeeal quick)
they hated it
freaks
Oh come on, you have to show Samurai X. The violence is only PART of it... such a beautifully sad story.
Old 2004-05-15, 18:14   Link #28
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
they hated it
freaks
Lol Mahoromatic. ^^

Maybe I've watch too much anime and grown tolerant for ecchi. I tought Mahoromatic was borderline ecchi, wasn't sugestive or anything, they were doing it for the joke.

That's a really funny show, specially the 2nd season. ^^

Edit: About excessive violence show.

In the anime club i'm at, we usually have a showing on the weekend from 5pm to 10pm

Usually we start with the safe, everyone can watch show, but after 8 we start showing stuffs that more mature content. and put the most convtroversial one on the last spot. We give them warnings if the show has offensive content or anything.

Last edited by Secca; 2004-05-15 at 18:37.
Old 2004-05-15, 18:25   Link #29
jennwenn

Quote:
they hated it
freaks
What?! How the heck do you get by showing no nudity or excessive violence? That's like 70% of anime nowadays. I run an anime club too, and if we stuck to that, we'd have a hard time. We try to ease the audience into the more extreme anime and stick to the mellow ones only in the beginning of the year.

They hated Jubei?! Man, I feel your pain.

Personally, I think its a sign of creative weakness when anime relies too much on nudity for humour. Come on, at least diversify your gags!

*ahem* Back to the thread, so Stellvia season 2 isn't licensed yet?
Old 2004-05-16, 00:53   Link #30
Sabin

Send a message via ICQ to Sabin Send a message via AIM to Sabin
Has Stellvia season 2 been officially announced? I am a huge fan of stellvia (and i love Makoto Unos charater designs) and if it has please link me to something.
Old 2004-05-16, 03:10   Link #31
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
What?! How the heck do you get by showing no nudity or excessive violence? That's like 70% of anime nowadays. I run an anime club too, and if we stuck to that, we'd have a hard time. We try to ease the audience into the more extreme anime and stick to the mellow ones only in the beginning of the year.

They hated Jubei?! Man, I feel your pain.

Personally, I think its a sign of creative weakness when anime relies too much on nudity for humour. Come on, at least diversify your gags!

*ahem* Back to the thread, so Stellvia season 2 isn't licensed yet?
...believe me...this is a HUGE problem, at the rate we're going, by this time next year we'll be showing bottle fairy (not that i dislike the cute lil things)
the problem is we only have a 1/2 hr (lunchtime) to show anything, so movies are a pain in the ass to show. 26 episode series are also a pain since most members don't have the tolerance for something that goes on for 5+ weeks straight.
So, 12-13 episode series like Tsukihime, Comic Party, Jubei Chan, Hellsing(my GOD if we show Hellsing one more time i'll shoot myself), SoulTaker, etc. work well.
Also, the members of the club pose a serious headache:
1) Rabid Fangirls: These members only want anime with "pretty men" in them, or (in the weirdest case) excessive violence or no women (Yu Yu Hakusho sates their hunger. Extreme dislike of #2's favorite.)
2) Booby Fanboys: These members want boobies, and lots of them (Mahoromatic, anything with fanservice will sate their hunger. Extreme dislike of #1's favorite)
3) l33t d00ds (AKA "mainstreamers"): These guys/girls only want stuff that's popular (Evangelion, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Witch Hunter Robin, Hellsing, and Samurai X...these members make up the largest portion of our club...i have reservations against showing a series that'll be on TV when these guys get home)
4) "Mahoro" type (Ecchi nano wa ikenai to oimasu): These members dislike ecchi, if even a boob jiggle is shown, they'll throw a hissy fit. Unfortunately one of the club officers is one of these. Everyday he tells me (even though i'm older than him, have more experience with both the club AND anime than him, and am bigger than him) that he "reserves the right to shut off anything inappropriate". He even says this about newtype sample discs (which are typically "all age" or "12+" types, perfectly suited for a High School anime club -_-).
5) then there are the "Regulars": Myself, the club president, the guy who makes DVDs, and a few others are in this group, we're the group that'll watch pretty much everything. We make suggestions, plan ahead, and think of solutions to annoying problems such as lack of decent content (most of my collection is incomplete series or stuff i bought for my own enjoyment)

So yeah that's the rundown of how my club works...
i respect fansubbers...they must have to put up with some of these people too...
Old 2004-05-16, 03:34   Link #32
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

The Psybuster anime is loosely based on the SRW game. A lot of concepts are the same and similarly named characters (Lead protagonist named Ken Andou as opposed to Masaki Andou. There's also a Ryuune =P). Nice little fun series but most people won't like it. The music was what realy drew me to the series.
Old 2004-05-16, 04:22   Link #33
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
...believe me...this is a HUGE problem, at the rate we're going, by this time next year we'll be showing bottle fairy (not that i dislike the cute lil things)
the problem is we only have a 1/2 hr (lunchtime) to show anything, so movies are a pain in the ass to show. 26 episode series are also a pain since most members don't have the tolerance for something that goes on for 5+ weeks straight.
So, 12-13 episode series like Tsukihime, Comic Party, Jubei Chan, Hellsing(my GOD if we show Hellsing one more time i'll shoot myself), SoulTaker, etc. work well.
Also, the members of the club pose a serious headache:
1) Rabid Fangirls: These members only want anime with "pretty men" in them, or (in the weirdest case) excessive violence or no women (Yu Yu Hakusho sates their hunger. Extreme dislike of #2's favorite.)
2) Booby Fanboys: These members want boobies, and lots of them (Mahoromatic, anything with fanservice will sate their hunger. Extreme dislike of #1's favorite)
3) l33t d00ds (AKA "mainstreamers"): These guys/girls only want stuff that's popular (Evangelion, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Witch Hunter Robin, Hellsing, and Samurai X...these members make up the largest portion of our club...i have reservations against showing a series that'll be on TV when these guys get home)
4) "Mahoro" type (Ecchi nano wa ikenai to oimasu): These members dislike ecchi, if even a boob jiggle is shown, they'll throw a hissy fit. Unfortunately one of the club officers is one of these. Everyday he tells me (even though i'm older than him, have more experience with both the club AND anime than him, and am bigger than him) that he "reserves the right to shut off anything inappropriate". He even says this about newtype sample discs (which are typically "all age" or "12+" types, perfectly suited for a High School anime club -_-).
5) then there are the "Regulars": Myself, the club president, the guy who makes DVDs, and a few others are in this group, we're the group that'll watch pretty much everything. We make suggestions, plan ahead, and think of solutions to annoying problems such as lack of decent content (most of my collection is incomplete series or stuff i bought for my own enjoyment)

So yeah that's the rundown of how my club works...
i respect fansubbers...they must have to put up with some of these people too...
Have you ever try do a showing on friday afternoon? So everyone pretty much done with classes. And you'll have plenty of time to show more series and movies. ^^

It's also more relaxing on friday and nothing beat watching animes to relieve stress over the week. Think of it like a reward. ^^
Old 2004-05-16, 04:56   Link #34
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
Yay for Tsukihime finally getting licenced - love that show.

About your club - have you tried to play hikaru no go? just a suggestion
Old 2004-05-16, 04:57   Link #35
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
And a good example of what group 1 wants in your club would be X TV?
Old 2004-05-16, 05:04   Link #36
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Could I ask for people to remain on topic!

The issues Kyuven has raised are interesting and worthy to be discussed but not hidden away in this thread. I think spliting the thread would be the best solution and moving it into the Suggestions forum (for want of a better location).

So, please return to the subject in hand, which is Anime Central Licenses.
Old 2004-05-17, 00:03   Link #37
Badaro
Blue Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta
The Psybuster anime is loosely based on the SRW game. A lot of concepts are the same and similarly named characters (Lead protagonist named Ken Andou as opposed to Masaki Andou. There's also a Ryuune =P). Nice little fun series but most people won't like it. The music was what realy drew me to the series.
I saw that series, it was on a cable channel where I live (with a different spelling for the title, "Cybaster"). To be perfecly honest, I thought it was a pretty weak mech series. The only above-average aspect was the music.

[]s Badaro
Old 2004-05-17, 03:00   Link #38
JediNight
キズランダム

I went to the Geneon panel, but I guess I missed the part about it being 8 discs ..... that is just plain evil. Most series these days are 6 maybe 7.... but 8 thats annoying...
Old 2004-05-17, 17:42   Link #39
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Shingetutan Tsukihime has finally been announced!!! Plus Stellvia release info! Now I know where my extra income will be going in the near future. FMA, Stellvia, and Shingetsutan Tsukihime all so close together... I hope whoever has hikaru no go *cough*viz*cough* doen't announce it for a while, or I'm going to have trouble buying everything.

Quote:
they hated it
freaks
I was president of an anime club once too. Our faculty adviser insisted on screening everything before we showed it. Fortunatly, she never had time to watch the whole thing, so I was able to get away with a lot by showing her only the less violent or non-ecchi scenes.
Old 2004-05-17, 17:47   Link #40
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

So, will that mean you guys will be getting the Tsukihime Prologue disc and the Mr. Takeuchi Takashi's box set as well?
Closed Thread