AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-01-06, 15:22   Link #61
Chuixupu
Shikachu

No new episodes in Japan until January 22.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 17:47   Link #62
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I won't mind the wait as long as the anime team gets back on track telling the story how it is meant to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Well that's what he said...

There have been episodes here and there that have been below par in animation, but I haven't recognized a trend...atleast not enuff where it's obtusely obvious to me...
I can always provide detailed example but not here. As Tommy has suggested already which was brushed aside in the heat of things, a separate thread would be appropriate to talk about One Piece series as a whole. I can also bring my special pokeball, the one where Chucky comes out, and we can have loads of fun discussiing about what's wrong with OP, how the animators are responsible, why all females in OP virtually looks the same aside from their difference in hair color, if there is anyway to confirm Choppers gender and etc... So for now, let's just keep this a discussion thread about Water 7.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-06, 21:07   Link #63
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Sorry, have to respond, since there isn't a "what's wrong with One Piece thread" :P:
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
why all females in OP virtually looks the same aside from their difference in hair color,
This was only true in the really early volumes. I can make you some side by side comparisons between a lot of female characters to show how this is no longer true at all. It's actually somewhat better than a lot of other animes. Rumiko Takahashi, for instance, has almost every single character drawn exactly the same, male or female, except for hair differences. The fact that One Piece doesn't follow the same "everyone looks alike" patterns that the vast majority of anime in the world seems to follow is one of the reasons why I like it a lot. Beyond what is expected from any artist's style.

Quote:
if there is anyway to confirm Choppers gender and etc....
Well, he doesn't have breasts in human form. And he got a nosebleed looking at Nami naked.

OK carry on.

Last edited by Chuixupu; 2006-01-06 at 21:31.
Old 2006-01-07, 23:46   Link #64
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Nami is so hot, she can command some kind of reaction/response from either sex. I think Vivi blushed the last time she and Nami took a bath in Alabasta.

As to Chopper's not having any breast, Chopper might very well be a late bloomer. Possibilities are endless. Beside, we can blame those fur being in the way of things.

We soo need a new episode.
Old 2006-01-08, 01:45   Link #65
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Nami is so hot, she can command some kind of reaction/response from either sex. I think Vivi blushed the last time she and Nami took a bath in Alabasta.
How do you know that Vivi is straight?

I've never seen a late bloomer past the age of 15. And he(she?)'d have to be taking major steroids to get those chisled abs and forearms.
Besides, I think Chopper knows what he is, and he calls himself a man.

Yeah, we need a new episode.
Old 2006-01-11, 22:25   Link #66
strategos

I think Chopper age is like 10, right ?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-12, 02:08   Link #67
Chuixupu
Shikachu

No, he's 15, actually.
Old 2006-01-13, 01:21   Link #68
Audity

I'd have to agree that the animation, at least in older episodes, weren't that great (of course, everything looks really nice now with the 16:9 HD and all). All the other aspects in OP are dead-on in my mind, but the animation seems/seemed to focus more on individual actions and then a longer than possibly necessary pause. I can see how it can fit without it just being a cop-out from having to animate too much, but it would nice to see an above average amount of detail put out in even the other Shounen anime. It's like the other two main ones are actually focused more on fighting so they have to emphasize the fighting aspect with better looks than the rest. Actions look more realistic even in Naruto, and then there's the Gara+Lee fight. It's been awhile since I've focused a lot of attention on the other two series, but even just recent short glimpses reassure me of all this paragraph's intents, in comparison to pre-OP-episode-207-or-whenever.

The water and trees look nice.

On some other subject that had gone on for awhile, I find One Piece has made me a lot more tolerant of long movies and such. It made me be able to sit through King Kong without fidgeting =). Plus I can see how a long movie/series can be way better than any short thing nowadays, though nothing really compares to One Piece for me. I say, who gives a crap about inferring a bunch of hogwash about original intent. Do we even know the truth truely? I am very very very glad that One Piece has gone on as long as it has. And with how long things seem to wait until something is revealed, in such a great manner, my initial reaction is definitely the extreme opposite of, "Oh, now he decides to throw in something of pertinence." Suggesting OP should get to the point is absolutely ludicrous (I didn't read all of the previous argument; throwing out a random statement here). Every arc has amazing emotion behind its storytelling and twists and what have you. They are all worthy individual stories.

If you ask me, I can't wait for the next Skypeia-type arc. It better come right after this saga (I'm not downplaying the current arc).
Audity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-14, 13:57   Link #69
Chuixupu
Shikachu

BTW, I thought the extended break in the episodes was just because of the holiday, but it was just announced that Ikue Ohtoni, Chopper's voice actor, has fallen ill and is unable to work for a while. She will be temporarily replaced by Kazue Ikura until she is well enough to return. I hope she gets well soon!

Edit: There are reports saying it's actually maternity leave, but I don't know what to believe now. :/

On another note, subbed 250 - 251 is out.

Last edited by Chuixupu; 2006-01-19 at 21:50.
Old 2006-01-22, 22:24   Link #70
monir
cho~ kakkoii

You know, one thing One Piece series has been consistent about through its animated effort is its consistency in character design in 250+ episodes. Well, that's no longer the truth. Nami lost her chin somewhere in the episode and the other characters doesn't look so usual either. The animation itself is unrefined even though there are plenty of movements i.e. it's like handing in your first draft because you are out of time to go over your essay for a second or a third time. You just have to watch it. I was naturally expecting a good episode after the animators took such a long break, and to my disappointment, it was anything but. The pacing is the same as usual with nothing much going on in storywise. As usual the first 3 minutes and change is spent on recaps and then a minute and a half goes to the opening theme. There was probably a half a minute worth of relevant story told in its remaining 16 mins such as
Spoiler for Episode 254:

I think I should take a break from the series for at least a few weeks before my enthusiasm for the show turns sour. Darn!
Old 2006-01-23, 01:46   Link #71
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
BTW, I thought the extended break in the episodes was just because of the holiday, but it was just announced that Ikue Ohtoni, Chopper's voice actor, has fallen ill and is unable to work for a while. She will be temporarily replaced by Kazue Ikura until she is well enough to return. I hope she gets well soon!
That does not sound good! I hope it's not too shocking the first time I hear the new VA.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 12:05   Link #72
Nico

i thought chopper sounded different, no where near as cute as he usually is
Nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 18:11   Link #73
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Chopper sounds like he got his "jewels" cut-off while breathing helium in his child-form...In his beast-form he sounds like "goon #3" from some random cheap cartoon...

------------------------
Haven't seen a new episode in like 30 days ...It's just pure torture...I desperatley watched Movie 6 (which was visually great, but left me a bit unfulfilled in the action department)...Oh and for some reason i'm always saying "Pu" now ... I need some new Luffy action like a hole in the head...
Old 2006-01-24, 21:43   Link #74
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Chopper sounds like he got his "jewels" cut-off while breathing helium in his child-form...In his beast-form he sounds like "goon #3" from some random cheap cartoon...
I just watched it and have to agree here. Choppers voice is bad! Really bad... I pray this only lasts a couple episodes at the max.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 22:08   Link #75
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I haven't watched it yet, so I can't comment. I saw screencaps, and if you notice, there's more than one animation team that's been working on the episodes. Every few episodes, it seems the lacky team fills in or something. The animation in 254 looks the same as 238, 249, etc.. Then every now and then, the animation is almost movie quality, like 236 and 251. It's disappointed to hear that the lacky team got Aqua Laguna, though. When I read that in the manga, It was really impressive, and I feared the animation would be sub-par for it. C'est la vie.
Also, this was a love or hate chapter for a lot of people. It was exciting action but nothing more than a spectacle. One of my favorite moments in this arc is coming up in a little bit, though. I really hope Toei doesn't botch it up.

BTW, do you guys know there is a speed sub group that has done up to 254? I'm not really fond of their work (the first thing they subbed they put "wtf" as an actual subtitle, lol), although people swear they've improved. So if you're either watching raws without having read the manga, or really desperate to watch something with subs, I can pm you the link.
Old 2006-01-25, 00:09   Link #76
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Tommy I was talking about Chopper's dub voice...I finally heard both of them last week...and they are terrible..

Anyways...what happened to the special New year's ep?? I thought it aired before 254...
Old 2006-01-25, 15:02   Link #77
Chuixupu
Shikachu

It did air...what do you mean what happened to it?
Old 2006-01-26, 04:39   Link #78
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Yes as in No raw's were about.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 13:33   Link #79
Chuixupu
Shikachu

There are raws of the special about. I just haven't dl'd them because they're not subbed yet.
Old 2006-01-27, 12:08   Link #80
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Dl it if you can. The dialogues are pretty straight forward. Beside, Usopp is so manly in the special that he is nosebleed worthy!
Spoiler for Usopp:

And Sanji, he is such a player in this one, even Nami-chwaaan is smitten..

Spoiler for Sanji:

Then Nami-san, she looks so fabulous in a kimono
Spoiler for Nami-chwaan:

And check out Zoro with his hermit/holyman get up..

Spoiler for Zoro:

I think I was more upset with the recent TV episode because the gorgeous animation of the year end special was still fresh in my memory. The animation is the main reason why I like watching One Piece movies and specials. Get the special if you can.