AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-14, 01:01   Link #12201
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I suppose they would tell more. I wonder what the images will be. Hopefully more time will be spent since it seems the opening here was slapped to together in a hurry. I'd rather have faith in Taniguchi than Sunrise myself.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-14, 05:04   Link #12202
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

The erase geass thing could also mean erase geass cast on people as well.
Old 2008-06-14, 05:24   Link #12203
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

I just got my copy of the magazines. I just thought I will share the scans from Code Geass Format Material Booklet included in Animage. These are some sketches of the materials we see in the anime for curiosity sake.

Spoiler for For length:

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.

Last edited by Pink-chan; 2008-06-14 at 12:50. Reason: Uploaded scans of higher dpi for characters section
Old 2008-06-14, 05:55   Link #12204
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
hmmm...
it seems kallen is not the only one who has formal wear designed...
lealouch and even kaguya has one too...
maybe kallen's formal wear is not a result of her being captured after all...
Old 2008-06-14, 06:06   Link #12205
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Nice stuff Pink-chan!

Just finished putting the magazine info together in my blog last night... took me 4 hours even though I already translated most of them last week. I think it's the first time they give so much new stuff in one issue.
I see some little stuff in those scans that can be added... maybe later.
Old 2008-06-14, 06:47   Link #12206
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Koshimizu, Pink-chan, Thank you!
By the way, which of those building is Geass HQ? The one in cave (picture2)?
Old 2008-06-14, 06:47   Link #12207
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Thanks for the hard work!

Hmm doesn't one of Milley's pictures look like she's in a wedding gown?

And Anya definitely reeks of cloning Marianne!
Old 2008-06-14, 07:56   Link #12208
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post

It would be funny if Anya's "ideal" is Marianne, and then she will find out, that Marianne have a son Lelouch/Zero and join his "harem/fanclub", or at least have some intersting moments between them.
Old 2008-06-14, 08:18   Link #12209
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Koshimizu, Pink-chan, Thank you!
By the way, which of those building is Geass HQ? The one in cave (picture2)?
This one:
Cut from Pink-chan's scan because the linearts are cluttered together and hard to explain which is which.
I saw a description "meet face-to-face with Zero here" at the upper right corner and thought, "whoa now that's a big spoiler!" But later found out that line is about Nunnally's garden in Turn6, rather than the cult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Milley's fancy dresses:
Left- the orange one she wears at the ball in Turn5.
Center- the blue one in the party before the wedding.
Right: The green one in the wedding ceremony, about 19:55 in Turn9. Nina is blocking most of the scene so I didn't even notice Milley is also there until I see this book. XD
Old 2008-06-14, 08:23   Link #12210
UltimateClash

That's not the Lancelot Club beneath the Vincent....is it?
Old 2008-06-14, 08:29   Link #12211
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateClash View Post
The Lancelot Club has a quite prominent horn on its forehead, while this model has none. No, IIRC, that should be the Ward, the Vincent's grunt-level, mass produced version. Amusing how they make a MP variant of a MP prototype, huh? Bah, whatever - the Vincent will probably be given to unit/squad commanders whereas the Ward will probably replace the aging Sutherlands and some Gloucesters for the common, lower-ranking KMF pilots.
Old 2008-06-14, 08:49   Link #12212
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateClash View Post
Another Lancelot Club lover!
It's Ward (ウォード), The mass-production version of Vincent.

It seems like Rolo and Guilford will be the only ones who get a Vincent. The other nameless soldiers will only get Ward.
Old 2008-06-14, 09:07   Link #12213
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Another Lancelot Club lover!
It's Ward (ウォード), The mass-production version of Vincent.

It seems like Rolo and Guilford will be the only ones who get a Vincent. The other nameless soldiers will only get Ward.
i would be imba for everyone to be running around in vincents lol. =\
Old 2008-06-14, 09:22   Link #12214
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
This one:
Cut from Pink-chan's scan because the linearts are cluttered together and hard to explain which is which.
I saw a description "meet face-to-face with Zero here" at the upper right corner and thought, "whoa now that's a big spoiler!" But later found out that line is about Nunnally's garden in Turn6, rather than the cult.

Milley's fancy dresses:
Left- the orange one she wears at the ball in Turn5.
Center- the blue one in the party before the wedding.
Right: The green one in the wedding ceremony, about 19:55 in Turn9. Nina is blocking most of the scene so I didn't even notice Milley is also there until I see this book. XD
I had the same thought when I first saw the lineart that I rewatched the scene on the wedding to find Milly in her dress at the right. Who would have noticed
I was mistaken about the part on "meet face-to-face with Zero here" too. How unfortunate.

Hope it helps you to build up more information for us. I took more than an hour to scan and crop too. I understand how time consuming it is for you to put out the information all together.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Old 2008-06-14, 10:16   Link #12215
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The Lancelot Club has a quite prominent horn on its forehead, while this model has none. No, IIRC, that should be the Ward, the Vincent's grunt-level, mass produced version. Amusing how they make a MP variant of a MP prototype, huh? Bah, whatever - the Vincent will probably be given to unit/squad commanders whereas the Ward will probably replace the aging Sutherlands and some Gloucesters for the common, lower-ranking KMF pilots.
What the? A mass produced version of the mass produced version?
Old 2008-06-14, 10:45   Link #12216
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The Vincent is probably still too high-tech to be committed to full production. If Britannia wishes to gear up for all-out wars or a massive conflagration, then there is no reason to waste resources that grunts will be unlikely to use in combat. Therefore it's logical to preserve them for commander or ace units and save some million pounds, which, in turn, could be allocated to the purchase of either ammunition, more Wards, better maintenance or spare parts. In the meantime, the 'watered-down' model benefits from ruggedization and becomes easier to repair as less sophisticated equipment is more resilient and easier to replace. They probably removed the Needle Blazers or decreased the armor's thickness to make the manufacturing more affordable, although I'd need a proper translation to know what exactly changed.

I believe the Akatsuki Shiseiken/Zangetsu and Akatsuki are respectively what the Vincent and Ward are to Britannia.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-06-14 at 10:56.
Old 2008-06-14, 10:56   Link #12217
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Hm.. I wonder if there was a design reason that they chose to design the Britannian Knightmare frames to be more of a humanoid shape and yet the EU and Chinese Federation knightmares look more like giant frogs. It's even more apparent in the Ward in that more curved lines were used as compared to the more angular Sutherlands.
Old 2008-06-14, 11:02   Link #12218
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Probably an issue of different technological philosophies - just take a look at U.S. and Soviet aircrafts, tanks, ships and submarines developed during the Cold War and you'll see that there are patterns whose origins stem from their creators' respective takes on building a superior model. The EU and China probably tried to find an alternative to the Knightmare Frame focusing respectively on firepower and mobility and therefore starting on paths diverging from the Britannian Knightmare's evolutionary path.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the future the CF - if they either didn't succeed in building a humanoid, mass-produced KMF unit or just elected other, digressing designs - stuck to the three-wheel concept because they built their entire experience and trust on something they hold as combat proven.

The EU on the other side, possibly believes that long-range, heavy firepower could enough of a deterrent against Britannia and either never bothered to develop a sidekick to the Panzer Hummel or never had the time to roll out a complementary unit.

As for rounded lines, I think it's a now established rule of anime according to which sleeker-lined units are more maneuvrable than the older, boxier 'walking toaster' models...yeah, I know, lame, but it's like that.
Old 2008-06-14, 11:03   Link #12219
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Hm.. I wonder if there was a design reason that they chose to design the Britannian Knightmare frames to be more of a humanoid shape and yet the EU and Chinese Federation knightmares look more like giant frogs. It's even more apparent in the Ward in that more curved lines were used as compared to the more angular Sutherlands.
Most likely Aesthetics. The same reason Knights of old wear plate mail that are highly decorative.

To put it another way, someone who is in a Knightmare is at least a Knight, and as such is no longer a commoner. Britannian pride dictates that they would want the battlefield representation of their "upper crust" to at least be presentable.
Old 2008-06-14, 11:16   Link #12220
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I find it funny how Kallen and Lelouch have become the new characters used for dress up, whereas it was C.C. in the first season.

And it looks like all of Kang's posted speculations were all true.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers