AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-17, 10:58   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan anime (Seasons 1 & 2)

Summary: Chizuru Yukimura is the daughter of a Dutch trained doctor who vanishes on a trip to Kyoto. In search of her father, Chizuru sees a Shinsengumi transform into an orge. After being captured, it's revealed that this change was caused by her father - she joins the Shinsengumi in search of her father and a cure.

Taken from http://chartfag.files.wordpress.com/...10-v2march.jpg

Opening Theme:
"Izayoi Namida" (十六夜涙) by Aika Yoshioka
Ending Theme:
"Kimi no Kioku" (君ノ記憶) by mao

Studio: DEEN

Site: http://www.geneonuniversal.jp/rondorobe/anime/hakuoki/

Air date: 4/3/10, 13 epis.

Im gonna say this now. Yes Ill be watching cuz of the hot guys Did anyone think I wouldnt??? Im hoping the storyline is good though since I like period style anime but I think Ill be staring at Hijitake most of the time.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 11:06   Link #2
LKK

Count me among the watchers!

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 15:56   Link #3
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I think this one will be the darkhorse of next season.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 16:06   Link #4
DangerMouse

I hope this turns out good and that we get "good DEEN" and not "cheap DEEN", we haven't had a shinsengumi focused or even samurai series in ages (other than Champloo which isn't the same), I think the last one I saw was Peacemaker (and Kenshin). Wish it was a full 26.

I'm going to check it out since it's been so long since I've seen a series in this setting and for Ko Otani's music (according to the official site) and Atsuko Nakajima always does fantastic character designs like in Trinity Blood and You're Under Arrest.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 16:08   Link #5
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
I hope this turns out good and that we get "good DEEN" and not "cheap DEEN", we haven't had a shinsengumi focused or even samurai series in ages (other than Champloo which isn't the same), I think the last one I saw was Peacemaker (and Kenshin). Wish it was a full 26.
One could argue Gintama but thats its own genre in itself
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 16:17   Link #6
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This was intriguing, but now is a must. The official site has just posted the cast: Kuwashima Houko, Miki Shinichirou, Morikubo Showtaro, Toriumi Kousuke, Yoshino Hiroyuki, Usa Kouji, Ohkawa Tohru, et al.

I'm still not confident about the director. He is Yamasaka Osamu, who did Toward the Terra and Itazura na Kiss.

No lead writer is credited, but the story is credited to Otomate, the games-for-girls company. This appears to be their first foray into anime, as far as I can tell. There is already a Hakuouki PSP game. Here is a PV for the game.

I'm hoping for good Deen. Deen did Simoun, after all, which is basically my favorite anime. And Marimite. And Jigoku Shoujo. Of course, there is also Code-E....
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-03-17 at 16:28.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 18:21   Link #7
DangerMouse

Yeah and I'd also add the fantastic animation for Read or Die, and the good Kenshin OVA, and my memory of it is currently hazy but Getbackers was relatively decently animated too if I recall despite being like 52 episodes, been a while.
The two overtly cheaply-animated shows they let me down on that I always want to slap them for since they could have been more enjoyable with good animation are Samurai Deeper Kyo's rather nice art but mostly awful often non-existent actual animation and ofcourse the fun but infamously corner-cutting Rave Master.

Looks like a version of the game is getting a PS3 version in June as well.

Speaking of animation/art, the screens of the first episode in that section of the site look like at least potentially good DEEN until they show some actual animation or action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
One could argue Gintama but thats its own genre in itself
Yeah, I haven't seen a lot of it yet, but can it even be classified with just a genre or two lol.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2010-03-17 at 18:46.
Old 2010-03-17, 22:53   Link #8
andromeda0201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm still not confident about the director. He is Yamasaka Osamu, who did Toward the Terra and Itazura na Kiss.
Wow, this sure sealed the deal for me! Terra was one of the best sci-fi drama I had watched in recent years with excellent pacing and wonderful character development. Itazura na Kiss, despite having no ending in the manga was also done extremely well, especially towards the end.

I feel disappointed as well that this would be only 13 episodes but maybe due to this, there will be a lot of intense moments.
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 23:42   Link #9
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
Wow, this sure sealed the deal for me! Terra was one of the best sci-fi drama I had watched in recent years with excellent pacing and wonderful character development. Itazura na Kiss, despite having no ending in the manga was also done extremely well, especially towards the end....
I'm glad to hear this. I've heard praise for Terra, but haven't got far into it yet. Thanks for encouraging me to have another look. Itazura disappointed me, but perhaps that was the "I've read the manga and it's not the same" effect. I did like the latter episodes better. Really, I just hated the guy until then, so it was hard for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-03-18, 19:22   Link #10
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Wow, yeah definitely giving this series a chance this spring. The premise alone had me intrigued. The character designs look great too. But top it off with Ohkawa Toru and Kuwashima Houko? I'm sold. DEEN, do not screw up my Shinsengumi.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 16:50   Link #11
Irkalla
I asked for this

Count me in for this too.I have played the game and it was fun. I don't really care if the anime will have a plot or not, I'm just gonna watch it for the fanservice anyway Any info about the seiyus?
Old 2010-03-19, 17:15   Link #12
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
...Any info about the seiyus?
To quote my own earlier post: "The official site has just posted the cast: Kuwashima Houko, Miki Shinichirou, Morikubo Showtaro, Toriumi Kousuke, Yoshino Hiroyuki, Usa Kouji, Ohkawa Tohru, et al."

The full list is now on ANN.
Old 2010-03-23, 17:13   Link #13
Joojoobees

I'm hopeful this one will turn out well. It doesn't have to be amazing, just not stupid, with very cool period animation. The artwork for this shows great potential, but Deeper Kyo was a huge let-down.
Old 2010-03-23, 19:49   Link #14
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

I really like the art in the first post and the character designs are bad either. I wonder if Deen can pull it off. So has anyone read the manga? Is it action oriented or what?
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 21:19   Link #15
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

The Art has me already . Looking forward to this, I love historical fiction.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 10:52   Link #16
OkamiNoKaze

This show looks really cool, I'm glad there's finally a thread on it.
Old 2010-03-26, 11:00   Link #17
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post

Summary: Chizuru Yukimura is the daughter of a Dutch trained doctor who vanishes on a trip to Kyoto. In search of her father, Chizuru sees a Shinsengumi transform into an orge. After being captured, it's revealed that this change was caused by her father - she joins the Shinsengumi in search of her father and a cure.

Taken from http://chartfag.files.wordpress.com/...10-v2march.jpg

Opening Theme:
"Izayoi Namida" (十六夜涙) by Aika Yoshioka
Ending Theme:
"Kimi no Kioku" (君ノ記憶) by mao

Studio: DEEN *jolt*

Site: http://www.geneonuniversal.jp/rondorobe/anime/hakuoki/

Air date: 4/3/10, 13 epis.

Im gonna say this now. Yes Ill be watching cuz of the hot guys Did anyone think I wouldnt??? Im hoping the storyline is good though since I like period style anime but I think Ill be staring at Hijitake most of the time.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! You've done it again DEEN! Stop stealing all the gold treats this ain't funny.
Old 2010-03-27, 18:39   Link #18
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

I found this on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ls-_Tqe0kU

It looks awesome!...Let's hope Studio Deen will keep up the quality for the actual episodes.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 18:54   Link #19
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
I found this on Youtube
Interesting. Although it really only shows character designs. There was one nice shot of a tower behind falling snow(?) in the moonlight. The brief sword fighting scene was handled kind of abstractly, but that was probably because it was merely promo material showing two opposing characters instead of a real fight.
Old 2010-03-28, 15:59   Link #20
DangerMouse

Nice first look at some footage and the art, character designs and color style is looking very nice. Looks like some of the OP in there as well with the shots of the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
The brief sword fighting scene was handled kind of abstractly, but that was probably because it was merely promo material showing two opposing characters instead of a real fight.
That's true, it's hard to tell.

Tags
edo setting, josei, otome, shinsengumi