Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-03-26, 17:03   Link #981
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Is this software free?
No. You can pirate it, but no, it's not free.

Edit: ...Someone actually went and sing this song. >_>

【KAITO・何で 伸びた(ry】歌ってみた / [KAITO - Nande Nobita(ry] Utatte Mita

Question to you all who do go listen to that song: Which side is KAITO, left or right? =3
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 17:08   Link #982
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
No. You can pirate it, but no, it's not free.
i see *_*. Where is the main website for Vocaloid? Has it been released ( or licensed) in USA? I couldnt find the software in Bestbuy and Fries.

P.S. I would rather buy it . Do they sell it in stores? or is it just online?

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2008-03-26 at 17:23.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 17:09   Link #983
LegendaryWarriorRipt
Destiny Awaits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori-San
Officially, there are no relationships between all Vocaloids. At all.

MEIKO is not the big sister.
KAITO is not the big brother.
Rin and Len are not twins.

The whole "general set up" for the relationships all came from fans. If Crypton is to go for an anime for vocaloids, chance of them using the fandom-relationship isn't that high. (The only fandom-created idea that Crypton officially accepted was Hachune Miku and negi. They didn't even accept the road roller or orange/banana idea for Rin/Len.)
WOW! I mean, Crypton should listen a little bit more to the fans, after all, without them Miku wouldn't be nothing... for example what you said about the negi and the other fruits to ID the Vocaloids isn't bad, but I think the'll go more for the Gold instead of the goal: Fans. (I've heard that they pull out a Doujinshi stilyed pillow of seminaked Miku, they said it was far away of their plans, but they haven't been able to stop completly that fanrts of Miku and the gang!) I guess they should accept the idea of:
1- The relationship between the Vocaloids
and
2- Make an Anime (doesn't bother me its a Human voice or not)
2+: Let some fans take care of those "oficial" bussines...
All that is just an opinion...

Sorry Asamidori, can't handle NicoVids... still can't understand where's the "play botton"... TnT
LegendaryWarriorRipt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 17:17   Link #984
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

The general guideline from Crypton for all vocaloid character is that whatever you're creating must not harm the character's image. (18x is in red zone.) That's why they originally didn't even allow vocaloid characters to be put in doujin games. (Which thankfully they changed that a while back, so you can expect some doujin games coming out soon.)

There's really no need for them to accept the relationship for the vocaloids. It's the whole open-endedness that give fans ideas, after all. If they officially accepted the general relationship, all the KAITOxMEIKO and KAITOxMiku pairing will become incest, which will made some of the fans angry and may possiblely drive them away. IMO it's the best if they leave the whole relationship thing out and just let fans create their own stories.

LOL edit again. New stuffs are so fun. <3

Apparently SignalP couldn't stop himself. xDDDDD

リンリンシグナル【鏡音リンレンKAITOマイメロPシグナルP】歌ってみた06
- Rin Rin Signal [Kagamine Rin Len KAITO MyMeloP SignalP] Utatte Mita 06

^ Rin Rin Signal = SignalP's original song (and where his P name comes from)
^ The chorus song is actually mixed by SignalP himself (SignalP = Arai Hiroaki, the arranger for the Gundam Seed song "Realize" sang by Tamaki Nami, so the mix is done pretty well.)

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-03-26 at 17:32.
Old 2008-03-26, 17:26   Link #985
LegendaryWarriorRipt
Destiny Awaits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori-San
There's really no need for them to accept the relationship for the vocaloids. It's the whole open-endedness that give fans ideas, after all. If they officially accepted the general relationship, all the KAITOxMEIKO and KAITOxMiku pairing will become incest, which will made some of the fans angry and may possiblely drive them away. IMO it's the best if they leave the whole relationship thing out and just let fans create their own stories.
Didn't thought of that... incest, a real hard word... actually your right, let's let the fans handle the relation the way it's better, but know, now that you put it that way... well, better change some facts in my agenda... Thanks for the aclaration ^-^ guess the idea of letting them be only friends is great ^-^
Old 2008-03-26, 19:54   Link #986
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

is this software compatible with Vista?
Old 2008-03-26, 21:38   Link #987
Onniguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
i see *_*. Where is the main website for Vocaloid? Has it been released ( or licensed) in USA? I couldnt find the software in Bestbuy and Fries.

P.S. I would rather buy it . Do they sell it in stores? or is it just online?
The base software is by Yamaha. Yamaha then subcontracts the software out to secondary companies who create the voice fonts for it.

For the Japanese Vocaloids: Crypton is the producer. You can't get it directly from Crypton, unless you live in Japan.

The Japanese vocaloids (Miku, Rin/Len, Keito, Meiko) can be purchased at:
www.himeyashop.com. It is not cheap. Miku costs $163.00, and can be expected to go up in price as the value of the dollar continues to fall.

The English (or Italian) speaking vocaloids are mostly produced by Zero-G: Leon, Lola, Mirium for Vocaloid 1, but only Prima so far for Vocaloid 2. Prima is an Italian opera singing voice font, and probably not best suited for pop songs (but could probably do great backup vocals).A company called FX has created one Vocaloid2 font, Sweet Anne, but most forum reports that the quality is inferior to Zero-G.

You do not buy the non-Japanese Vocaloids directly from Zero-G; Amazon.com sells them however.

My suggestion at this point: Don't get the non-Japanese Vocaloids. Get Miku from himeyashop to start (or find a pirated torrent), and it you don't know how to write Japanese Hiragana and Katakana, you'll need to give yourself a crash course on that as well, since all the Japanese Vocaloids require that you enter Hiragana, Katagana, or Romaji syllables, and you'll have to know how each of those syllables sounds in order to make her sing.

Once you have Miku installed, go into the directory in which you installed "her", and rename all files that end in: _Japanese.dll. Yamaha, 日本 company though they be, nonetheless built the base software IN ENGLISH, and Crypton just threw a Japanese "wrapper" over it. Removing the wrapper puts all menus back into English. However, the voice font itself (Ie: Miku) is fully, 100% nihongo, so there is no way getting around the requirement of entering lyrics in Japanese kana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
So, Chobits + Sailormoon?

XDDDDDD
I'm still a little embarressed about the whole Sailor Moon bit; however, from what I'm seeing so far (arrgghh! English dubs...and even the SONGS have been rewritten in English, and the names changed to English. I'm glad more recent imports to the U.S. don't do THAT crap anymore...)...er ah, from what I'm seeing of Sailor Moon so far, I would have to say "no, not quite". I'm thinking more Sci-Fi-esque powers, not magical lyrical Nanoha type powers (yeah, I have seen *that* one). Something akin to the powers of Neo in The Matrix. And yes, I have seen the youtube video of Miku as Neo . Thats why I kinda picked Mahoromatic as an example...there you have an android living a slice-of-life kinda routine as a Maid (in Miku's case, it would be as a singer/dancer), but who has built-in martial-arts capabilities at a level that would be possible only for an Android (although Mahoromatics abilities were not exactly realistic, either, heh).

Don't give her mahou, but don't give her Terminator-type abilities either. That would be too...un-cute

Last edited by Onniguru; 2008-03-26 at 22:10. Reason: lag lag lag lag lag lag lag stupid Time Warner Cable
Onniguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 22:01   Link #988
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onniguru View Post
Once you have Miku installed, go into the directory in which you installed "her", and named all files that end in: _Japanese.dll. Yamaha, 日本 company though they be, nonetheless built the base software IN ENGLISH, and Crypton just threw a Japanese "wrapper" over it. Removing the wrapper puts all menus back into English. However, the voice font itself (Ie: Miku) is fully, 100% nihongo, so there is no way getting around the requirement of entering lyrics in Japanese kana.
Yea, it's funny how KAITO and MEIKO's software is COMPLETELY in English. (Along with the user manual, if I remembered correctly.)
Old 2008-03-27, 00:26   Link #989
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onniguru View Post
The base software is by Yamaha. Yamaha then subcontracts the software out to secondary companies who create the voice fonts for it.

For the Japanese Vocaloids: Crypton is the producer. You can't get it directly from Crypton, unless you live in Japan.

The Japanese vocaloids (Miku, Rin/Len, Keito, Meiko) can be purchased at:
www.himeyashop.com. It is not cheap. Miku costs $163.00, and can be expected to go up in price as the value of the dollar continues to fall.

The English (or Italian) speaking vocaloids are mostly produced by Zero-G: Leon, Lola, Mirium for Vocaloid 1, but only Prima so far for Vocaloid 2. Prima is an Italian opera singing voice font, and probably not best suited for pop songs (but could probably do great backup vocals).A company called FX has created one Vocaloid2 font, Sweet Anne, but most forum reports that the quality is inferior to Zero-G.

You do not buy the non-Japanese Vocaloids directly from Zero-G; Amazon.com sells them however.

My suggestion at this point: Don't get the non-Japanese Vocaloids. Get Miku from himeyashop to start (or find a pirated torrent), and it you don't know how to write Japanese Hiragana and Katakana, you'll need to give yourself a crash course on that as well, since all the Japanese Vocaloids require that you enter Hiragana, Katagana, or Romaji syllables, and you'll have to know how each of those syllables sounds in order to make her sing.

Once you have Miku installed, go into the directory in which you installed "her", and rename all files that end in: _Japanese.dll. Yamaha, 日本 company though they be, nonetheless built the base software IN ENGLISH, and Crypton just threw a Japanese "wrapper" over it. Removing the wrapper puts all menus back into English. However, the voice font itself (Ie: Miku) is fully, 100% nihongo, so there is no way getting around the requirement of entering lyrics in Japanese kana.

Thanks alot for the info. Does It matter what name the rename should be? Also is it compatible with vista?
Old 2008-03-27, 03:25   Link #990
wao
OK.

If there's any English Vocaloid software I like most, it has to be Leon - not because I'm a girl, but somehow I think his voice pattern sounds the most... "believable?"

And shit, just when everyone finally got over how awesome RyounosukeP's Shimauta for KAITO was (it's almost at 400k views!)... someone went and found a version of Shimauta sung by the guy behind the KAITO voice, Naoto Fuuga! That person is really amazing to find such an obscure CD... Although I'm wondering, does Naoto Fuuga have a bit of a lisp or is that just the way the song is supposed to be sung?

Heh, his voice is a lot lower and mature as one would expect. And here's a comparison version. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2801870 I wouldn't be surprised if suddenly you realise the KAITO version really was a good job (if you haven't already thought that way)
Old 2008-03-27, 08:52   Link #991
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Uhm, one thing i never really understood..

What does "P" stand for? Is it just a random letter used to identify a person as a composer/arranger?
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 08:59   Link #992
wao
OK.

I think it's usually used as a short form for "Producer". Actual TV producers are known as "(name)P" in short in real life. Like whatshisname ah... Seiji Takeda, an MBS producer, is commonly known as TakeP among anime otaku. Similarly producers of Vocaloid songs start becoming known as P unless they have other names (like OSTER PROJECT).

I'm still sulking here waiting for KuroP to come back. (Somebody else re-uploaded his stuff I see...)
Old 2008-03-27, 09:12   Link #993
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
I think it's usually used as a short form for "Producer". Actual TV producers are known as "(name)P" in short in real life. Like whatshisname ah... Seiji Takeda, an MBS producer, is commonly known as TakeP among anime otaku. Similarly producers of Vocaloid songs start becoming known as P unless they have other names (like OSTER PROJECT).

I'm still sulking here waiting for KuroP to come back. (Somebody else re-uploaded his stuff I see...)
Ahhh thanks! Makes sense. So I havent been paying that much attention to the producers, youre a fan of KuroP, any recommendations?

btw, does anyone else go to mikumiku.info? Im having problems with the site, I dont know if its a problem on their end or mine.
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 10:26   Link #994
LegendaryWarriorRipt
Destiny Awaits...

WOW!! 1000+ comments on Miku and friends!! AMAZING how well this software is getting along, Ok, I found a few pics of my new girlfriend Haku Yowane (hope thier not uploaded before in this site... sorry, if so, tell me to fix 'em...)

Spoiler for My love, Haku ♥:

Quote:
Originally Posted by W00tness
btw, does anyone else go to mikumiku.info? Im having problems with the site, I dont know if its a problem on their end or mine.
It says that the account has been deleted!!! OOH MAAAN!!!

As for the languajes, Miku can sing in several jeje, it's pretty hard (as far as I heard) Here a couple of Vids that work for examples: ^-^

English

Spanish

Wait!! Here comes a new Challenger!!!:
Old 2008-03-27, 11:54   Link #995
Onniguru

Thats a thought...I should start look for Espanol songs for Miku to sing...Spanish has a lot more syllables in common with Japanese than English does. That is to say, the Spanish sound scheme is closer to Japanese than English is.

The main eoffort would be in using dynamics to chop short consonants for Spanish words that have a lot of consonants together, like TIMBRE (bell). The 'M' would have to be something like ミ, with the 'i' sound chopped short, and the 'B' would have to use something like べ, with the 'e' sound chopped short.

I do that with the background vocals (which are in English), in the Chobits OP.
Onniguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 12:30   Link #996
LegendaryWarriorRipt
Destiny Awaits...

Onniguru: Unfortunatly thise vid and another one from this author are the only 2 spanish vids i've seen... further more, I my self hope to see more spanish-speaking Miku and friends, but it's hard to find... About the prons of spanish words for jap translation... I'm eager to study this languaje (i already speak spanish since i'm mexican) so i can understand more this culture ^-^ I see that you know your bussines in that apartment ~-^
Old 2008-03-27, 14:19   Link #997
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
And shit, just when everyone finally got over how awesome RyounosukeP's Shimauta for KAITO was (it's almost at 400k views!)... someone went and found a version of Shimauta sung by the guy behind the KAITO voice, Naoto Fuuga! That person is really amazing to find such an obscure CD... Although I'm wondering, does Naoto Fuuga have a bit of a lisp or is that just the way the song is supposed to be sung?

Heh, his voice is a lot lower and mature as one would expect. And here's a comparison version. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2801870 I wouldn't be surprised if suddenly you realise the KAITO version really was a good job (if you haven't already thought that way)
NAOTO! NAOTO! (AA略

I actually like this version for comparing, since the uploader actually changed the tempo around so the two songs are 99.9% in synch.

【風雅なおと】『島唄』比較版【KAITO】

I was actually editing the two audio too, but instead of having it synch with Fuuga-san's version, I was having Fuuga-san's synch with RyouP's... >_>

@lisp - The song is suppose to sound like that, being a shima uta and all. (Okinawan folk song.)

And actually, otou-san doesn't sound like that normally. I was actually surprised when I heard Fuuga-san uses this voice to sing the song. His normal voice → Sakura (Solo) / Ooki na Furutokei / The 風雅なおと tag

Another KAITO - NAOTO compare song: Mega Ranger ED song "Ki no Sei Kana"

And speaking of Shima Uta matsuri... RyouP paro'd his own song. xDDDDD

[ニコニコ] 縞唄 - KAITO
- Reads "shima uta" too, but the "shima" here means "striped". Why? It's explained in that 44 seconds. xD

The only 本気KAITO people left in the 500 KAITO video that hasn't gone wild yet is VIVO and DARS... (Everyone's blaming it on PantsuP's bomb. xDDD )

Quote:
Just adding a bit more into this: The whole "producer" naming started off with the iDOL M@STER videos uploaded on Nico. Because there are so many, people started naming the videos after the "producer" name that appears before a song starts. (The producer name is what the player enters in the beginning of the game, I think. I don't play iM@S so I have no idea. =X )

On a totally different note, remember the whole Len and Morinaga thing?

[ニコニコ] 【鏡音レン】 もっとテクノで チョコレイトはモリ○ガ♪

有名Pの暴走シリーズ + 2 ← Conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
Back up now.
Old 2008-03-27, 14:43   Link #998
LegendaryWarriorRipt
Destiny Awaits...

Asamidori: you win me the notice!! +v+

Found a funny video ^-^

Smackdown: Miku vs Meiko

SoulCalibur III: Miku vs Meiko

SoulCalibur III: Miku vs Kaito

All the above not my creations... TnT

Last edited by LegendaryWarriorRipt; 2008-03-27 at 17:26.
Old 2008-03-28, 00:12   Link #999
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

[ニコニコ] 【底辺オリジナル】 SPAM / 鏡音リン・初音ミク

Quoting myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self
Yes, the song's title is SPAM.

For those who doesn't get the reference, the whole lyric is made up of lines from spam mails. I occasionally get those kind of Japanese spam mails too... (´・ω・`)

For anyone who can understand Japanese and want a good laugh, here's one:

[ニコニコ] 再翻訳でメルト歌った

The guy basically translated the male version of Melt from Japanese to Chinese and back to Japanese.

Yea, I haven't died laughing so much in a while.

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-03-28 at 00:52.
Old 2008-03-28, 09:35   Link #1000
Heresiarch

HAHAHAHA

That Death Melt is a murder. It almost choked me to death.
Heresiarch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vocaloid