AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-05-04, 16:15   Link #261
kujoe
from head to heel

After what seems like a rushed Dragon Age 2, yes... please take your time on Mass Effect 3, Bioware.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 16:15   Link #262
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah considering how Bioware has done lately actually taking their time is actually comforting.

On the Tali debate, I'm probably as mixed as anyone. Really do want to see under the mask, but definitely the expectations would be so high it'd be tough. Curious to see what they end up doing.
Old 2011-05-04, 16:16   Link #263
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
News:

Mass Effect 3 is delayed untill the Q1 2012

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/04/ma...ect-3-delayed/

If only it were because EA learned something from the mess Bioware had been making the last year.
I actually find this good news. Seeing as Skyrim is coming out November, I now don't have to worry about playing between Skyrim or Mass Effect. I can now play Skyrim for the rest of 2011 with no worries And more development time for games is always a plus.
Old 2011-05-04, 17:14   Link #264
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
I actually find this good news. Seeing as Skyrim is coming out November, I now don't have to worry about playing between Skyrim or Mass Effect. I can now play Skyrim for the rest of 2011 with no worries And more development time for games is always a plus.
exactly how i felt when i heard the news XD "yay skyrim for the rest of 2011" instead of switching back and forth.
Old 2011-05-04, 18:37   Link #265
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I think they did it because of this years releases. Bioware is hungering for the goty as always. A better way to avoid the competition is by settings everything on delay for at least a year.

This will give them more time to properly finish the game, though we've already seen much better content now than we had done in DA2. EA better whip Bioware back into shape.

Also I tri-agree, Skyrim yaaay
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 18:41   Link #266
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

There's also the release of the Old Republic to think about. Releasing two sci-fi RPG's close to one another can only result in a loss of sales.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 20:15   Link #267
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I think they did it because of this years releases. Bioware is hungering for the goty as always. A better way to avoid the competition is by settings everything on delay for at least a year.

This will give them more time to properly finish the game, though we've already seen much better content now than we had done in DA2. EA better whip Bioware back into shape.

Also I tri-agree, Skyrim yaaay
I thought EA was a part of the reason why Bioware didn't do so great with DA2? Pushing the release date to be within 1-2 years...
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-04, 21:04   Link #268
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Sad news for me. Skyrim won't keep my interest unless it's got more Fallout New Vegas soul and less Oblivion.

Sadly, TES hasn't even been very interesting since Daggerfall.
Old 2011-05-05, 04:45   Link #269
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Well.. maybe this helps a tiny little bit with the "OMG! Thier going to rush ME3 like they did DA2 and now it will suck hardcore!" posts we can find all over the internet.

And with SWTOR and Skyrim underway, I can wait. ^-^
Old 2011-05-05, 11:12   Link #270
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I don't care about the delay, but I do care that EA is changing it. They said they are going to make it appeal to a wider market. EA said Shooter meets RPG, meaning a shooter with RPG elements.

I hate EA so much. They are dumbing down gaming to appeal to the shooter crowd.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 11:23   Link #271
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I don't care about the delay, but I do care that EA is changing it. They said they are going to make it appeal to a wider market. EA said Shooter meets RPG, meaning a shooter with RPG elements.

you sure they dont mean their changing so all the crew are Bisexual (Suddenly!)
Old 2011-05-05, 12:43   Link #272
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:

Its not so much dumbing the game down, having 10000 different options is a very niche crowd, whilst people love to have choices with too many choices it becomes either arbitrary or boring. A system from ME1 a bit more streamlined for ability and armour choices with an improved combat from ME2 with a bigger universe like ME1 would make me a happy bunny.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 14:22   Link #273
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
EA said Shooter meets RPG, meaning a shooter with RPG elements.
Wait a second, wasn't the first game like this?
Old 2011-05-05, 14:49   Link #274
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Both ME games have been like this. Hell, ME2's ammo system already moved it closer to the shooter branch and arguably made it even more difficult because of it.

From what we've heard of ME3, I have seen no clue whatsoever of it being dumbed down.
Old 2011-05-05, 15:06   Link #275
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:

The way I see it in regard to the combat system, ME1 was an RPG with Shooter elements while ME2 was a Shooter with RPG elements. Bioware said they were adding in more RPG elements such as deeper skill trees and weapon modding to ME3 while retaining the combat elements from ME2, so it seems like ME3 will be more equal and could be called RPG/Shooter hybrid. So yea, I don't think they are dumbing down ME3 like they dumbed down DA2. They are making it deeper and more customizable on the contrary.
Old 2011-05-05, 16:00   Link #276
kujoe
from head to heel

Apparently, part of the reason for the delay is due to the mechanics of ME3 is being adjusted for "larger market opportunity". My reaction that is, "Didn't they do that for ME2 already? What else can they do?"

What I've heard of the game sounds good on paper, but this recent statement has gotten others to speculate on possible multiplayer and even further 'dumbed down' gameplay for ME3.

joystiq
Old 2011-05-05, 16:09   Link #277
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

^ It's already been confirmed in the Game Informer article that there is no multiplayer in ME3. And so far, Bioware is re-adding some RPG elements to ME3 so it doesn't seem like its gonna be dumbed down. As for the "larger market opportunity," I think they're trying to balance the game so it appeals to the hardcore RPG fans while at the same time doesn't leave out casual fans. Whether this is true or will happen remains to be seen.

Here's a forum thread containing all the confirmed features and dev promises in ME3: Mass Effect 3 Confirmed Features
Old 2011-05-05, 16:19   Link #278
kujoe
from head to heel

I already know that Bioware has come out stating that there will be no multiplayer in ME3.

I'm not exactly sure about the nature of the relationship between the two, but if EA is seriously aiming for multiplayer, can Bioware still say no?
Old 2011-05-05, 16:44   Link #279
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

I'm not sure but since Bioware is subsidiary of EA, if EA wants multiplayer, they probably could force Bioware to implement multiplayer.
Old 2011-05-05, 17:18   Link #280
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Apparently, part of the reason for the delay is due to the mechanics of ME3 is being adjusted for "larger market opportunity". My reaction that is, "Didn't they do that for ME2 already? What else can they do?"
The addition of a more detailed melee combat, from the looks of things.

Tags
effect, games, mass