AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-04, 13:25   Link #1
Anthriel
天使

[Spoilers] Difference between Hinata and Sakura?

Honestly, I am curious. Hinata is, as far as I know, the most popular female character in Naruto, whereas Sakura is really unpopular, especially considering her screentime.
I know, Hinata got Byakugan, whereas Sakura got ... er ... chakra control. However, she didn't stand a chance against Neji and didn't really shine either.
Hinata stalks Naruto more than Sakura stalks Sasuke and she doesn't say "Sasuke-kun", she says "N-N-N-Na-N-Na-Na-Na-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-rut-rut-ut-ut-ut-ut-uto-uto-uto-uto-uto-tok-ok-ok-ok-ok-ku-ku-ku-ku-kun-un-un", about half the time we see her.
So ... why is Hinata more popular? Because she likes the more popular character? Because she is the typical shy/weak girl? (I can't think of the right word .. you know, the "I don't mind what you do to me, I only exist to serve you." type)
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 13:59   Link #2
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Sakura's screeming is just uber annoying.

Hinata's "Naruto-kun" still makes me stabb myself in the eye with a splintery pencil ... but it's more bearable. Inner Sakura combined with her constant screaming, the character developement that's basically leading nowhere(until now in the manga)... makes Sakura the bigger douche.

Some people find Hinata's stalking and 'Naruto-kun' cute ... I personally wouldn't mind if they just randomly flashed to a scene of Sasuke practicing Katon or something instead. The whole zoom in on her face to watch her say Naruto-kun bugs the bajesus out of me ... but ofcourse not as much as Sakura does.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 14:07   Link #3
orcit

Well Hinata is an outsider and she is verry shy. People often pick what's more equal to them selfes or what that fits their personality.

And as lexander says... sakura is anoying with her screaming. How many guys like that kind of personality on girls?
orcit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 14:12   Link #4
Hobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
I know, Hinata got Byakugan, whereas Sakura got ... er ... chakra control. However, she didn't stand a chance against Neji and didn't really shine either.
The fact that she managed to hold out against Neji for as long as she did is commendable (even if he was toying with her). She even managed to get a few, if ineffective, hits against him. She definitely has some skills to contribute to the team, as evidenced in the forest of death. What has Sakura ever done? All of her fights have been pathetic and she never does anything useful; more often than not, she's in the way.

Quote:
Hinata stalks Naruto more than Sakura stalks Sasuke and she doesn't say "Sasuke-kun", she says "N-N-N-Na-N-Na-Na-Na-ru-ru-ru-ru-ru-rut-rut-ut-ut-ut-ut-uto-uto-uto-uto-uto-tok-ok-ok-ok-ok-ku-ku-ku-ku-kun-un-un", about half the time we see her.
Though she may stalk and obsess over Naruto, she does not neglect her team mates, unlike Sakura's treatment of Naruto. In fact, Hinata felt conflicted over cheering for Naruto when he was fighting Kiba in the prelims. After the fight, she offered medicine to both Naruto and Kiba (and Akamaru of course).
Hobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 15:00   Link #5
Lathmeer

I just think people like to cheer for the underdog.

Sakura is loud (like Naruto), strong willed (like Naruto), but relativly powerless and basically usless when it matters, but she is still arrogant enough to diss others. She was always popular in school so she has that cheerleader mentality, and she has a very unhealthy focus on Sasuke (like Naruto) that makes her character undesirable in the over-all picture.

Hinata is basically the opposite of Sakura (in some ways). Hinata is quiet, weak willed (but strong deep down), but has great powers and can be effective when it matters, and she is helpful and humble. She wasn't popular in school, so her mentality is that of an outsider, (which more people can identify with), even though her family is famous and feared. She has a huge crush on Naruto (which is cute) but can't seem to do anything about it, or even talk to him unless cornered (which isn't cute).

So in all, Hinata is the underdog, and people like those kinds of characters. I know I do.
Lathmeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 15:16   Link #6
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthriel
So ... why is Hinata more popular? Because she likes the more popular character? Because she is the typical shy/weak girl? (I can't think of the right word .. you know, the "I don't mind what you do to me, I only exist to serve you." type)
She's very shy, and yes that makes her kindof cute. (the way she blushes and plays with her fingers when shes nervous, its very cute) Also she has that unusual haircut that seems to go with her personality so well. She likes naruto, but shes not trying to force herself on him.

Sakura just has the usual boring spiky hair. Also, she is desperate for sasuke. I dont know about you, but when a woman is that forward it makes me not like them, no matter how pretty they are. (hint for females, if you like some guy do not come on too strong, it generally has the opposite effect of what you intend)

If she took her training more seriously she could easily impress sasuke: by being dangerous in a fight, that would get his attention more than than peeling apples and bringing flowers.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 16:18   Link #7
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Hinata is kind of cute, and on top of that she can ACTUALLY FUCKING FIGHT.

Sakura, on the other hand, Has a face that looks like an Anal Wart, A personality thats as abbrasive as 80grit sandpaper, and can't fight worth a shit. The only thing Sakura can do is bite people and be a cheerleader for the other girl on the team, Sasuke.

Hinta pwn, Sakura die.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 16:27   Link #8
fzz

Send a message via ICQ to fzz Send a message via MSN to fzz
hinata had an ep filled with action instead of a not so "flashing" flashback about picking flowers...
fzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 16:40   Link #9
AieL

um....
basically in my opinion....
tenten > all (no offnse. its just me anyways)
at least she is cute ^^ (in a way...)
hinata's eyes scares me sometimes O.O!
sakura is erm..... relatively ok.....
AieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 17:12   Link #10
FireBorn

Tenten/Temari > Sakura/Hinata/Ino

Sakura, Hinata and Ino are all equally annoying to me.
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 17:21   Link #11
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathmeer
I just think people like to cheer for the underdog.

Sakura is loud (like Naruto), strong willed (like Naruto), but relativly powerless and basically usless when it matters, but she is still arrogant enough to diss others. She was always popular in school so she has that cheerleader mentality, and she has a very unhealthy focus on Sasuke (like Naruto) that makes her character undesirable in the over-all picture.
Yeah, Sakura is just Naruto without powers. Geeks like T3H P0W3RS!! Sakura has none, so they hate her.

And Hinata is a weak-willed, I'll do whatever you want, geeky nerd fantasy. That's why fanboys like her.

It's quite sad, really.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 17:50   Link #12
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
I dislike Hinata almost as much as I dislike Sakura. It's the Sasuke-kun that really gets me, and the weak-knees and utterly effeminate very un-ninjaish aura that Sakura emits that does her in. I can't stand a woman that's like "Wha, what am I to do" half the time while the other half of the time the author tries to make her look cool but fails miserable. This is what does her in.

Hinata, on the other hand, is popular because she's shy, and guys like that-- and she blushes a lot, which guys also like a lot. However, she is utterly annoying with her dainty little "Naruto-kun" that you know the author puts in there just so we like her. Ugh. Plus, I hate her recent appearance in the manga
Spoiler:
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 17:55   Link #13
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Hinata is the most annoying person in Naruto... it's all I say.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 21:03   Link #14
Last of the Uchiha

I must say Sakura >Hinata big time, Although Sakura can be annoying, i still like her. I don't know about you guys but Hinata looks butt ugly, when i saw the recent picture in manga chapter, i though it was a boys from the Hyuuga. Kishimoto better do some drastic changes to her appearence because she need it asap, some should call the producers of the Swan or something.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 21:41   Link #15
FireBorn

Sorry guys, I know this is off topic but...

Lost World
Banned

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 22:01   Link #16
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
Yeah, Sakura is just Naruto without powers. Geeks like T3H P0W3RS!! Sakura has none, so they hate her.

And Hinata is a weak-willed, I'll do whatever you want, geeky nerd fantasy. That's why fanboys like her.

It's quite sad, really.
Oh yeah, that's why everyone LOVES Sasuke right?

Spoiler:

And Naruto has more than just powers. He's got a great personality (can get annoying, but no where near as retarded as Sakura's personality) and has good character development.

BTW, anyone who likes Sasuke is more than a little strange to me.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 22:20   Link #17
kboykb

Like most people have said, Hinata just isn't annoying..

What really made me annoyed with Sakura was in the first episodes, when Naruto transformed into Sasuke and talked with her. She kept calling Naruto annoying, and someone that interferes with her love, then she said the thing she hated most was Naruto. I really felt good when Sasuke actually called her annoying.

She just shoves around and picks on Naruto, and it really is just *gasp*, ANNOYING! I'm not too big a fan of Hinata's voice, but she's cute to me. Although I'm not going ga-ga-goo-goo over her like some people on this forum do. I just like her better than Sakura.

And..

Quote:

It's quite sad, really.
... I tend not to look at animes with sexual tendencies in mind.
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 22:32   Link #18
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
I like Hinata more than Sakura because:

1. She actually has some skills. I never really paid much attention to hinata till after seeing her fight Neji. That girl has got my respect right there. Then I saw Sakura and Ino's fight.. I mean like Ino deserves to win. The way that "inner" sakura beat Ino's jutsu was just pathetic! There's no way sakura could have beat Ino with her more annoying self.

2. She likes naruto, sakura likes Sasuke. I personally HATE girls who constantly tells the guy they like that "they like them". I mean hello! ONCE IS ENOUGH! And if he replys with a "I don't like u like that" then for the sake of god, LEAVE HIM ALONE!! As for hinata's sistuation, as lease she keeps it to herself, ya know what I mean?

3. Sakura disrespects Naruto, disrespects Lee (till later on) and thinks she oh-so-better-than-everyone. Hinata respects Naruto. She doesn't bash on anyone.

4. Lastly, "sAAAAAsuke-kun!!!!" <--- yeah. I rest my case.
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 22:45   Link #19
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Sakura isn't powerless...she's just useless at the moment in the anime, on the other hand, if you're up to date with the manga;
Spoiler for manga spoilers:

Quote:

It's quite sad, really.
I don't know about you but I would've mistaken you for a grouchy old senile moron who doesn't know any better but launch insults left and right because someone disagree with your opinions. I mean, I won't even start with that other thread you jumped in.

Now I find that extremely sad.

Back to the topic at hand...

In the end I think the reason why Hinata is so popular is because she acknowledge the main character, the first genin(or any person Naruto's age) that treated Naruto with respect in comparison with other genin (Sasuke maybe an exception too but that's not who we're comparing).

Admittedly, you've got to have some sort of spite against a girl who's nothing but ignorant (at first) because of her obsession with a guy (Sasuke). To know that kind of person, to meet that kind of person...she's hardly worth my time. She's so deeply obsessed with her crush that she fails to see worth of other people and she trashes her friendship with Ino because of a crush.
Spoiler:

On the other hand you see Hinata, yes, she is weak-willed, no confidence and is absolutely (occassionally annoying too, even though I am a fan of her) shy. But she shines where it values the most. She cares for her teammates equally, she wants to be stronger and prove her worth, she has her moments when she's strong and determined (i.e. vs Neji, encouraging Naruto in the final Chuunin exam). She cares about her friends and Naruto and most of all...

She's freakin nice through and through.

Don't know about you guys but she has my vote.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-04, 23:09   Link #20
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerniciousJuJu
I like Hinata more than Sakura because:

1. She actually has some skills. I never really paid much attention to hinata till after seeing her fight Neji. That girl has got my respect right there. Then I saw Sakura and Ino's fight.. I mean like Ino deserves to win. The way that "inner" sakura beat Ino's jutsu was just pathetic! There's no way sakura could have beat Ino with her more annoying self.

2. She likes naruto, sakura likes Sasuke. I personally HATE girls who constantly tells the guy they like that "they like them". I mean hello! ONCE IS ENOUGH! And if he replys with a "I don't like u like that" then for the sake of god, LEAVE HIM ALONE!! As for hinata's sistuation, as lease she keeps it to herself, ya know what I mean?

3. Sakura disrespects Naruto, disrespects Lee (till later on) and thinks she oh-so-better-than-everyone. Hinata respects Naruto. She doesn't bash on anyone.

4. Lastly, "sAAAAAsuke-kun!!!!" <--- yeah. I rest my case.
I totally agree.

And you sig is awesome. (That pic of Naruto is in my wallpaper, lol)
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote