Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-23, 14:10   Link #1
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
[Manga] Chapter 244 Discussion

My first time starting a new thread. I hope I'm doing this right. & since no one else has posted anything. . .

I can't give a thorough summary of this chapter since I don't have my dictionaries with me at work, so if any of you are fluent in Japanese (well at least better at it than me), please give us a better summary. ( looks at Dorfl )

This chapter almost made me cry

Oh & Happy Holidays everyone!

Cover is Kakashi standing with a somewhat angry expression on his face.

Obito (still under the rock) asks Kakashi to take care of Rin, Kakashi says yeah while whipping out his chakra sword. He hits the stone-nin & then proceeds to do Chidori (like that wasn’t expected ). The stone-nin has blades coming out of his sleeve & bandage. Of course Kakashi wins.

Obito tells Kakashi to take Rin & leave, he feels that others are coming. Rin doesn’t seem like she wants to go & tries to hold Obito's hand. But he knocks it away, saying it’s ok, just go! Rin looks upset as Kakashi extends his hand towards her (she & Obito are in a hole) to pull her out. More stone-nin come & perform the same rock collapsing jutsu. Kakashi, hand still out yells at Rin to hurry. Obito painfully mutters Rin’s name, she cries, grabs Kakashi’s hand, & screams Obito’s name one last time as she’s being pulled out. Obito thinks something (sorry I don’t know what) as tons of rocks fall on him. Kakashi & Rin jump up to a tree. Stone-nin follow, Kakashi takes out the kunai the 4th gave him & tells Rin to run. He’ll handle the stone-nin. He says he told Obito he’d take care of Rin, & he’d die protecting her. Obito really liked Rin =^^=, she was very precious to him. Rin says something like “Then what about my feelings” (sorry couldn’t really make this out either) Kakashi replies, starts his Chidori as a bunch of stone-nin close in on them. Kakashi screams for Rin to go.

It’s all black, Kakashi thinks he’s died, then wonders where he is. He wakes up & sees the 4th. The 4th comments on something. Kakashi wonders what happened, & the 4th explains it has something to do with the kunai he gave Kakashi. Kakashi worriedly asks about Rin’s whereabouts. The 4th points to Rin, who’s staring up at the night sky. The bridge is destroyed (there's some narration I'm too lazy to read ), Obito’s goggles & flowers are left at the killed in action hero monument. & after that, Kakashi has been called Sharingan no Kakashi.

Edit: fixed some grammar errors & Naruto's 2nd part comes out in the 9th issue Wow that's one long break. Especially since this chapter came out a week early. & the next Jump issue is #7, which comes out 1/17/05.

Last edited by jubileerain; 2004-12-23 at 20:04.
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 14:35   Link #2
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
I found this on another page (I don't deserve any credit for it ):

Spoiler:

It seems that there will be a 1 month break for Kishi because Naruto will continue in Jump 9 and that is supposedly in a month.

Some random facts/thoughts:
- Kakashi still has only 2 dots in his eye
- Rin is alive... but where is she? Maybe she's dead by now and that's why Kakashi got the 3 dot Sharingan?
- the Kunai Kakashi got from the 4th is a marker for his "teleportation" jutsu
-

Last edited by _Sin_; 2004-12-23 at 14:45. Reason: Added stuff!
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 14:43   Link #3
stylez
Hokage

Send a message via MSN to stylez
Poor Kakashi. And poor Rin and Obito. But, it was a great chapter!=D Cant wait for next chapter now=)
stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 14:51   Link #4
ShikaShika
無罪

Hmm no reaction from yondaime over obito?
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 14:55   Link #5
LeafNinja

Poor Obito, I wonder if his body ever got recovered. I didn't care too much for the apparent lack of friendship between Kakashi and Obito a few chapters ago, since it seemed like the present day Kakashi really felt a sense of loss from the death of his friend. But finally reading this last of the gaiden chapters, I can see why Kakashi would visit the marker.

I was also saddened to not see Yondaime's kunai shunshin in action, but it was a nice to be introduced to it at least. I figure it will be a technique we may finally get to see be used by Naruto or another character to see how far they are developed.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 14:55   Link #6
Kurapica

Just saw the chapter. It seemed quite interesting.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 14:58   Link #7
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafNinja
I was also saddened to not see Yondaime's kunai shunshin in action, but it was a nice to be introduced to it at least. I figure it will be a technique we may finally get to see be used by Naruto or another character to see how far they are developed.
Or even by Yondi later on. I guess that it's a technique he will use in conjuntion with the Death God jutsu because he needs to come close to Kyuubi to seal him up, isn't that right? Somehow I get the feeling that the light that was going out from the 4th in the first episode was not the sealing technique itself but the setup for it: the teleportation jutsu.
Old 2004-12-23, 15:39   Link #8
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
So, there was a little love triangle Noooooo! I wanna see more! It's possible Rin & Kakashi got together before she died. Poor Obito. Poor Kakashi. He has such bad luck! His father commits suicide (I'm guessing his mom died a long time ago), he loses his eye & his friend in 1 day, then he loses everyone who's precious to him & now he doesn't even have a team anymore! That's really bad.

& it looks like people who theorized the 4th using the special kunai as a marker for his shushin no jutsu are right.
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 16:12   Link #9
Zek
Eyebrows...

Can anyone confirm a one month wait for the next chapter? That really sucks if true, been dragging through this arc waiting for Part 2 and the light at the end of the tunnel is still far away
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 16:20   Link #10
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Far better chapter then the previous, even tho it wasn't hard to beat that.

It is rather interesting that Rin survived and loving Kakashi. Chances are great that she's dead current time since Kakashi did say he lost everyone important to him. Rin is no exception I reckon.

The end of the gaiden was satisfying. No expandable information. A nice addition was the usefullnes of Yondaime's gift and The epiologue of how the 3rd war ended was nice too. The broken bridge was simply awesome. Maybe a interesting job for Inane's paintpixel team

About the fact that we didn't got to see the 4th fighting the 50 rock-nins. I think it's a good decision. Even though we got to see more of the 4th, it still adds some to his mysterious side. His true/full power is still unknown to us which is perfectly fine with me. Besides, what's to show? He kills them and he survived. Everybody could have guess that much.

I guess this chapter also finally resolves the question wheteter the Chidori requiers the Sharingan. Basically: No, but to execute it perfectly, it can only be done with the Sharingan

A month wait is pretty long. But since we're up for a all-new side of Naruto it's probably well worth the wait.

On another note, does somebody think those 2 rock-nins were Jounin level?
Old 2004-12-23, 17:19   Link #11
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
LOL Yondaime is so cool...
"I took care of them" like it was nothing.. It was 50 fucking rock nins

Great monulog at the end.

I can't really see why kishimoto decides to make this team exactly like team 7 and the legendary sannin...I mean now they reveal that Obito loved Rin and Rin loved Kakashi and kakashi ofcorse doesn't love anyone.
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 17:26   Link #12
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja massacre
LOL Yondaime is so cool...
"I took care of them" like it was nothing.. It was 50 fucking rock nins

Great monulog at the end.

I can't really see why kishimoto decides to make this team exactly like team 7 and the legendary sannin...I mean now they reveal that Obito loved Rin and Rin loved Kakashi and kakashi ofcorse doesn't love anyone.
You only mean team 7. Tsunade was not in love with Oro. And Jiraiya was not in love with Tsunade.
Old 2004-12-23, 17:29   Link #13
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

Dudes, I think Rin is dead. Yondy said: I was too late (EVEN YONDY WAS LATE!!! ), when Kakashi asked where rin was. I think he talked to her in another dimension, cause he said "she explained to me what happened."

Now heere is another thing: He says he can travel interdimensional, but could he then travel in time?
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 17:42   Link #14
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokagenaruto3
Dudes, I think Rin is dead. Yondy said: I was too late (EVEN YONDY WAS LATE!!! ), when Kakashi asked where rin was. I think he talked to her in another dimension, cause he said "she explained to me what happened."
No, she is alive and kicking and that's a fact. You didn't read the raw, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokagenaruto3
Now heere is another thing: He says he can travel interdimensional, but could he then travel in time?
Thiswouldberidiculous!Thiswouldberidiculous!
Old 2004-12-23, 17:44   Link #15
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
You only mean team 7. Tsunade was not in love with Oro. And Jiraiya was not in love with Tsunade.
no, I could've written that better...
But the the three teams still are alot alike

and besides, we don't know if tsunade had a crush on orochimaru at that time...
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 17:48   Link #16
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja massacre
no, I could've written that better...
But the the three teams still are alot alike

and besides, we don't know if tsunade had a crush on orochimaru at that time...
Still its not the same Jiraiya was not in love with Tsunade. So weren't Tsunade
Old 2004-12-23, 18:00   Link #17
hypertoast
acclaimed

I was very pleased by this whole kakashi side plot
(although it all seemed a little abrupt)
which ism in truth, alright/appropriate since in this side plot, mortality's fragility and possibility of death were both clear

nonetheless, I hope that when this portion of the manga is translated to the anime, the animators will add some beautiful filler fightscenes involving the whole trio (and Yondaime, of course). I'd like to see more of Obito/Rin/Young Kakashi than in the manga for they're all interesting characters and should be well established as part of the series. Maybe we'll even get to see Rin fight or atleast throw a kunai.

Let's hope for the best.
hypertoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 18:19   Link #18
wb_hicks

this was a pretty good end to this. and damn to die by being crushed to death. but i hope thats one of the jutsu naruto learns from jaraiya. who cares if someone is faster then naruto. teleporting plus kage bunshin with narutos creativity imagine the damage he could do.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 19:06   Link #19
DwArD
mAnIaC

Rin died later on? I thought she's still alive! Hmm....if I'm wrong, then what about the female anbu who was at the memorial with Kakashi at the time where the 3rd's funeral is taking place? You know....the part where Kakashi told the female nin how he blamed himself for what happened to Obito?
Old 2004-12-23, 19:06   Link #20
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
it'd be great to see naruto w/ such techniques but i dont think jiraiya knows ALL of yondy's skillz.

i'm more interested on naruto and the other kid's new look.

you guys ever thought naruto's mother. the bandages prolly hides her naruto stripes ^____^'
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote