AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-10-05, 20:59   Link #1
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

Favorite Anime Character Personality

my apologies if this thread has already been created , feel free to delete if needed...

ok i was just wandering what everybodies favorite character type personality is? just about all anime characters fall into some category so here's a list i have, note that i made up the names so they arent official...
  • shy low self asteem personality - ex kotonoha from school days, nerine from shuffle!, Mikuru Asahina from melancholy
  • harmless schoolboy who always wind up in perverted situations personality - ex kouta from kanokon, keitaro from love hina, rito from toloveru
  • smooth, slightly mature schoolboy personality - ex yuuichi from kanon, tomoya okazaki from clannad, kyon from melancholy
  • idioic but strong leader personality - ex luffy from OP, kamina from TTGL
  • bold, "dont care, stay outta my way" cold hearted personality - ex sasuke from naruto, hiro from gundam wing, seshomuru from inuyasha, vegeta from dbz
  • idiot happy but strong personality - ex luffy from OP, goku from dbz
  • confident, female leader personality - ex haruhi from melancholy, sia from shuffle!, sekai from school days
  • rich girl, stuck up personality - ex sawachika from school rumble, tenjoin saki from toloveru
  • tuff girl when she knows she's soft inside personality - ex naru from love hina, precia from prism arc, kekyo from inuyasha, yui from toloveru
  • emotionless personality - ex nagato from melancholy, nozomu from kanokon, rin from shuffle!
  • clumsy happy personaliy
  • sidekick schoolboy personality - ex sunohara from clannad
many more, im just gonna stop right here......

personally my favorite anime character personality is the idiot leader personality like how luffy is, and the cold hearted personality can be cool at times

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 22:31   Link #2
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
Eikichi Onizuka fits the idiotic but strong leader personality.

Rich snobbish girls (Mayu Miyuki from Ai Yori Aoshi, Eri Sawachika from School Rumble) are one of my favorite female archetypes.

I like tsunderes and yanderes.

I am extremely fond of sweet innocent gentle and adorable little sister personality which fits Fuuko Kuzuha from Strawberry Eggs, Shinobu Maehara from Love Hina and Chika from Ai Yori Aoshi.

Last edited by stelok; 2008-11-01 at 10:13.
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 15:47   Link #3
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

For some funny reason, I love really-really-over-the-top loud mouth characters, like Black Star (Soul Eater) and Kamina (Gurren Lagann), maybe it's because they do try their very best in everything they do. When it's semi-half-way loud mouth like Naruto, they really annoy me. So when a character is loud mouthed, they must be over the top. So I guess Haruhi fits in too.

Since I do like shoujo mangas/anime, my favourite male type of character would be the 'sunshine' boy. The extra genki and energetic boy from the group. Since they do make the manga/anime lively. Evil glasses type tends to be my 2nd favourite, because they're kinda like a male tsundere.

I like some female tsunderes, not all. I like tsunderes that are unique in their own ways, I like them to 'kick ass'. Shana is a good example, she's very tsundere, but she can also fight herself and does not need to rely on anyone, she doesn't complain about everything either (feminist here). Hence I dislike Louise, she whines about Saito too much and complains alot of the times (okay, I don't know what the novel Louise is like, so please excuse me). So techically I like tsundere who can do things on their own and does not need to rely on others. Therefore I also like Kyou from Clannad and Anu-chan from Shugo Chara, It sounds a bit weird ^_^''

Really these are only preference, I actually do like any type of characters...as long I'm attracted to them? Mizusu from AIR is the extect type that I would hate, the weak girl syndrome, but I eventually just love her, since she tries her best and doesn't complain.
Old 2008-10-07, 16:05   Link #4
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I like yanderes. Nothing more fun then girls like Kaede going nuts
Old 2008-10-07, 18:28   Link #5
LeviathanDarkly
ℳℴℯ❤

S-Shut up! I-It's not like I posted in this thread for you! I wanted to post in it... S-Stupid..
LeviathanDarkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 19:01   Link #6
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviathanDarkly View Post
S-Shut up! I-It's not like I posted in this thread for you! I wanted to post in it... S-Stupid..
b-baka inu!
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 21:11   Link #7
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Fifth for tsundere then

I don't like all (main characters in Inuyasha, Ranma and FMP series), but few are enough to be make it top of the chart ^^

About male, i like , cold, awesome, overpowered, but good heart assassin (ok...i admit it's not a personality trait, but the two males i favor the most : Hei in Darker than Black and Kenshin in his OVA have that trait...)
Old 2008-10-07, 21:23   Link #8
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

o yea! for females i love yanders too... also the female characters that are always cheerful and happy i like

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 21:59   Link #9
FateAnomaly

Generally speaking, i like those shy, helpful and nice type. e.g. Mikuru (SHnY) Hoshino (Kimikiss). But it is not absolute though. Those who are understanding and think logically get bonus points as well. (e.g. Tsuruya-san)
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 23:30   Link #10
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

I don't know if there is one chara personality type i like most... it is hard to pull personalities out of context of the series... some work well in some series, but not in others.... I know that is porbably not the way I should see it... but that is just the way that I see it.... while I do have some leaning to tsundere/yandere ... I really perfer more rounded without super shifts that has some ability to command a reality... ... probably doesnt make any sense... i'll second Tsuruya-san. .. but some strange mix of Horo (S&W), Hina (Hng), Rika (Higu), and Kotomi (clan) would probably be the closest to 'it' .. what ever 'it' is.
todkapuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 16:05   Link #11
-Kh-
ポルカ

My favorite type is tsundere, but I like as well the serious and diligent type such as Katsura Hinagicu and Kaminagi Ryoko.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 16:27   Link #12
Amray

Intellectual, short-tempered, quite silent, and sarcastic. That applys to both male and female characters.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 18:19   Link #13
Scarlett_Rain55

Moe types like Orihime, Tessa, and Mikuru.
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 19:47   Link #14
irrelevance

mostly all female in Hidamari, regardless of what types they are, or are there none?
Second would be the sweet and dojikko type, I guess.
irrelevance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 20:48   Link #15
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
I like the bold ones that can get the job done, even with their limitations. Much like Nanashi from Sword of the Stranger.
Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 09:44   Link #16
emotionless_teenage
mr. nice guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime ronin View Post
emotionless personality - ex nagato from melancholy, nozomu from kanokon, rin from shuffle!
i think you forgot someone.............a VERY imporant someone
emotionless_teenage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 00:59   Link #17
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
I'll go with "idiot happy but strong personality" because I'm a huge Luffy fan and "confident, female leader personality" because I loved Sekai's personality in School Days (except her ending actions).
Old 2008-10-16, 01:51   Link #18
Solidus1321

Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
Well first off Im more to comedy I hate stright up drama all the time stuff. so they must have some sense of comedy to them. either by what they say or there actions but here goes what I like to see.

For the male- I would go with that idiot strong type...something like Sousuke for FMP

For the Female- I like the Cute shy clumsy but always in good spirt type.

Atleast as the main charater of the anime.
Solidus1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 03:43   Link #19
othera

emotionless personality - Nagato(haruhi), Arte(moon phase) are my fave

Tsundere? Shana, taiga(Watched the anime purely because of minori, And pretty much ignored her :/)

Haruhi is my all time fave female, But don't like any others with same personality.

Last edited by othera; 2009-05-07 at 12:48.
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 03:57   Link #20
yachiru_no_hana

Send a message via Yahoo to yachiru_no_hana
I'm thinking about Seikaku's with-in Moé:
I like Tsundere for girls -- Baka-baka! Urusai!

For males: Not a weak personality, good moral personality, doesn't think or maybe thinks of perverted things maybe the likes of Rito-kun from To-Loveru.
yachiru_no_hana is offline   Reply With Quote