AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-18, 16:24   Link #1
Sakuya
*Artist

Hell Girl/Jigoku Shoujo season 1

I'm sorry, I could only find page 3 of this thread on Google. But here it is:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:n...%2BForum&hl=en

As for episode 11, I thought that the episode was a bit boring. I didn't feel quite attached to the person this time because the episode wasn't about him at all. Because of that, I didn't really feel attached to the villain and could care less about his punishment. But, this was a plot-moving episode because more information was revealed to the detective.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 16:34   Link #2
evilr00t
*Fansubber

Page 1 at http://www4.ncsu.edu/~pzwong/kamichu/crackers_suck.html

In case Google updates their cache, I have a backup copy.

Last edited by evilr00t; 2005-12-19 at 01:38.
evilr00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 17:29   Link #3
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
I really want more subs of this >.<

I kinda like that series, even if it's the same for every episode I really love those stories...
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 22:29   Link #4
Lazarus

Why such a low interest level?

I think this is an excellent series. Please excuse the cliche, but I think it's a real sleeper hit. Shinsen doesn't seem motivated to sub it even though it remains on their active projects list. Unfortunately, I don't know enough Japanese to watch the raws. If no one subs it, I'll have to hope it gets licensed.

Last edited by Lazarus; 2005-12-18 at 22:40.
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 01:48   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
I'm sorry, I could only find page 3 of this thread on Google. But here it is:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:n...%2BForum&hl=en
That's very unfortunate. I was hoping to rescue Mahou Jigoku Shoujo Ai from oblivion. I guess that the saga will have to be recreated from scratch with an all-new storyline.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 02:45   Link #6
Flo
The Necessary Evil

I'm more or less f-ed up for not backing up melange's and my MJS Ai.
Bleh no matter.

Spoiler for MJS Ai: Jigoku Aria:
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 10:15   Link #7
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

at least with the recent couple episodes, it becomes less and less moral, which is a good thing for this series.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 18:53   Link #8
ommseti

I haven't been keeping up with the raws, but I kind of like those series that deal with karmic retribution, sort of like the better chapters in the Petshop of Horrors manga. Those similarities were what's kept me with Jigoku Shoujo, despite the ridiculousness of some of the premises and the flatness of most of the characters so far.
ommseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 19:04   Link #9
SirHellsing420

I've seen up to episode #5 subbed and I think this will become a sleeper hit too. I love its animation, and I can dig creepy stories like the ones shown in each episode. Whomever is fansubbing this needs to work a little faster. XD
SirHellsing420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 08:05   Link #10
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
Um, wow. If you can't even remember who's fansubbing the show, can you really ask them to go faster? Both you arguably don't have the right to... and, heh, you litterally can't since you don't know who they are. :P

I'm being a bit harsher than I usually am, but honestly... "whomever?"

I do appriciate you not being a whiney troll... and I don't in general have a problem with people asking for things to come out faster, or when something's coming out, unlike most other fansubbers I know...

But honestly, I wouldn't feel any urg to spend more time working on a project when someone called us "whomever."

....Unless we decided to name our group whomever. Maybe we should, it's a good name!

But honestly, please at least show a little bit of respect and thanks. Of course fansubbers don't work nearly as much as those actually creating the show, but they do spend their free time making it understandable to you.
CompShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 21:37   Link #11
Sakuya
*Artist

The groups fansubbing this so far are Ayu and Shinsen-Subs. Could it be that Shinsen-Subs is subbing and releasing it batched like last time?
Old 2005-12-20, 23:27   Link #12
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

ep12 introduces a guy who goes into Hell willingly
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 23:45   Link #13
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Well the first 5 episodes were so repetitive, that I just gave up. this series was over-hyped. There's nothing connecting the victims like in Paranoia Agent.
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 02:45   Link #14
Sakuya
*Artist

Episode 12 was...really different. Very interesting. And it's the episode so far with the best music! The next episode seems to be about Ai's past maybe? Is episode 13 the last episode?

By the way, there's going to be a Karinui (ED theme) music video made and it will be released on January 25 on the Jigoku Shoujo Vol.1 DVD. It features live action footage with the VA in Ai's creepy room and also an Ai doll! It's weird though that the room isn't red.

http://www.jigokushoujo.com/special/index.html
Old 2005-12-21, 10:44   Link #15
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Made an Enma Ai avatar.

Feel free to use it.

Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 16:40   Link #16
Kuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
Made an Enma Ai avatar.

Feel free to use it.

I call it!
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 17:08   Link #17
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

Once it gets out of the repetitive episodic intro, this could be quite a neat series.

My question is this, though; so far every person who's been taken to Hell has deserved it, and Enma and her posse always taunt the person and ask "So, are you going to admit what you did?". Just about everyone has flat out denied it then moved on to "no I am clearly right and I don't regret it" once prodded/taunted further. What happens if a person admits their sins and asks for forgiveness, sincerily? Do they still get taken to Hell? Oh, and what if someone tries to invoke revenge on someone who doesn't deserve it? I know one of the episodes
Spoiler:
, but what about a one-off instance of bad-guy calling it down on normal-guy?

Also the series does need balancing on the moral scale. Too much "yeah they totally deserved it".
Eeknay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 17:40   Link #18
ommseti

One of the things that I'm curious about is what, exactly, is Enma doing with all of the souls of those who invoked her? It doesn't look like Enma ferries borderline cases who are close to repentance--- all of her passengers (from what I've seen, and I've only seen the subbed eps) are people who probably would have ended up in hell anyways, had they been allowed to complete their normal lifespan. The process is just sped up a bit. :o) But the part that doesn't sit right with me, and makes me curious, is what about those people whose desire for revenge was so great that they sacrifice their own souls in exchange for immediate justice? If I had a dog, I'm sure I'd love it, and I'm sure I'd be angry at a negligent vet--- but I don't think I'd condemn myself to an eternity of torment over it. :o)

So that's the thing that I'm watching the series to find out... these are people who are sacrificing their own souls' well-being in order to bring down their tormentors. What benefit is Enma getting out of filling hell with people who wouldn't normally have gone there?
Old 2005-12-21, 17:50   Link #19
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommseti
So that's the thing that I'm watching the series to find out... these are people who are sacrificing their own souls' well-being in order to bring down their tormentors. What benefit is Enma getting out of filling hell with people who wouldn't normally have gone there?

She probably gets a nice year end bonus in filling her quota. If you don't understand what I said, get a sales job with quotas

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2005-12-21 at 18:38.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 17:55   Link #20
ommseti

How sad... even purveyors of karmic justice are doing it for the money! )

Tags
horror