AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 37
10: Amazing... 5 17.86%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 7 25.00%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 9 32.14%
7 out of 10: Good... 3 10.71%
6 out of 10: Average... 1 3.57%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 3.57%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 3.57%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-24, 06:14   Link #21
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Ah, an ep that tries to make me feel for Vagan......

and........It worked.
I agree. From the middle eastern inspired town where Ku lives, the well maintained Romy's room and all encompassing Mars Rays threat in their colonies; the vegans inside the Second Moon makes you forget for a while the ones that attacked Olivernotes and Earth.
Old 2012-06-24, 06:34   Link #22
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Haven't seen all the episode yet (stupid internet is taking 30 minutes just to load 8 minutes of video) but it seems pretty obvious that Ezelcant wanted Kio to get mugged, i mean he give him a new fancy outfit and some money and tells him to go look around the poorer districts. I could be wrong (again haven't seen all the ep yet) but still, i guess he wanted to give Kio a crash course lesion in the Vagans suffering.
Old 2012-06-24, 06:40   Link #23
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
They probably confiscated the Age mobile too. I haven't seen Kio having it in the episode (unless he "hid" it somewhere), just the ID card and some communication unit.

It does suggest that the Age technologies (damaged Age-3) are EXA-DB compatible.
i do not know about that since the AGE-Device is important so they should have shown that the Vagans confiscate it imo... but who knows maybe they will show that on upcoming episodes (or if not then the AGE-Device is still with Kio)
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 07:12   Link #24
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Ezelcant's reason for the continued war is to spread the same suffering on Earth Sphere that is on Mars Sphere.

That is so idiotic. Instead of blaming themselves for their own circumstances they blame those who have nothing to do with it. Envy and greed is what permeates Vegans when it comes to Earthers.

War is just another word for robbery. Vegans commit atrocities as a justification for their suffering.

Heck one can reason they could've just sent refugee ships back to Earth. But no its warships and armies of mobile suits.

The reason for Earth Sphere's prosperity was that they finally said enough. Ceasing the constant wars that has plagued it.

But unlike Earthers Vegan never grown out of that. The only response they know is violence.
Seriously this. I know this episode tried to make the Vagan and Ezelcant sympathetic, but after knowing all these senseless violence they had inflicted on Earth, all the killings, it just doesn't work. Also, since they have such impressive technology, why don't they send all the refugees back to Earth?

Unless it is revealed that Ezelcant is fueling the Vagan's anger to win his war, but apparently now he does care about the Vagan citizens?
Old 2012-06-24, 08:57   Link #25
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Seriously this. I know this episode tried to make the Vagan and Ezelcant sympathetic, but after knowing all these senseless violence they had inflicted on Earth, all the killings, it just doesn't work. Also, since they have such impressive technology, why don't they send all the refugees back to Earth?

Unless it is revealed that Ezelcant is fueling the Vagan's anger to win his war, but apparently now he does care about the Vagan citizens?
I am guessing that in their perspective, the Earthlings are taking life they have for granted while they,the Vagan, can hardly live at all. Thereby justifying in their perspective their actions as a way to make the Earthlings realize how easy their life. As for the refugees, what's stopping the Federation in its early administration from blowing them up and covering up the fact they did it. Prior to Flit's victory at Ambat, the Federation is making sure no one finds out about the Mars Project's end result on the immigrants.

I am guessing Ezelcant is doing it in revenge for his dead son as well as for his imminent death but came to care for the Vagans.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 08:57   Link #26
tsunade666

This episode is simply amazing for me but from all the past gundam series. They all still feel stupid for me the main reason their is war. It sound good and all but why do they even start to attack people if they could only just talk with them? is it because of the higher ups of the federation that abandon them would identify them as enemy and such shoot them down. But they could think up of better plan to out do that because they had advantage at technology but still they choose the path of war and even that big guy that capture Kio is no good. He is worst.

The episode itself aside from the dumb reason is good for me. Simple but touching. Good story for the vagan citizens.
Old 2012-06-24, 09:17   Link #27
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But they could think up of better plan to out do that because they had advantage at technology but still they choose the path of war and even that big guy that capture Kio is no good. He is worst.
Isn't their technology is superior because of a part of EXA-DB, which only contains information about military technology?
Old 2012-06-24, 09:26   Link #28
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Correct but only in their military might. I am guessing EXA-DB doesn't cover how to make their lives more livable. Take note that they only have a partial database.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 09:26   Link #29
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

This was the best episode of the series thus far IMO. We finally get to see Vagan and what it's like to live there. I did not see a single tree or any grass in the colony, it's a pretty depressing place to live. No wonder they go bonkers living in such a depressing environment.

Ezelcant got some nice character development, and apparently he only has 6 months to live...Well, after you've lived 100+ years and aged very little, that's not that bad. They made it seem as if he's only 50 or so. I don't understand why they threw that out there. Lu getting 3 months to live was more of a shocker...

either way the war needs to be over in 6 months or things won't look too good. Zanald won't be giving chances to the Federation like Ezelcant.
Old 2012-06-24, 10:04   Link #30
xellos2099

It made me wonder if Ezelcant is not a really bad guy but the mid level are complete asshole... just like federation. I wonder if the plot point will go to Zanald assassinate Ezelcant and Zeheart will switch side.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 10:42   Link #31
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Isn't their technology is superior because of a part of EXA-DB, which only contains information about military technology?
indeed from the explanation the researchers said that EXA-DB are full of military technology that their technology are far cry with their present ones but realistically isn't military technology is more advance than civilian technology in reality? and in reality that technology was converted and used for the better of civilian. And the way vagan do. They put more thoughts on military actions and not the lives of the people. Look at the citizens. They look like in the middle east. They live in a very bad environment and I don't know why they are still leaving near the mars if they leave in a colony. Do they need materials from mars to survive? I don't know but their own location itself is killing them and they aren't even going farther away from it. I don't understand and they are putting more effort on military side than the civilians living inside the colony.

Look at the colony that leaves near earth. They leave a much better way and they don't focus much on military tech but more on agricultural or more like research. They living a better and more simple life than those vagan people.

They want to invoke emotions for the vagan people. Sure they did that. I feel bad for Lu but I still can't ignore how idiotic for them to not even find other way then war.
Old 2012-06-24, 11:29   Link #32
Yusei Fudo
Banned

I wonder who will be the pilot of the Gundam Legilis
Yusei Fudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 11:38   Link #33
Gundamx

Used military technology for civilian?
I don't know how technology help you to make gun and weapon can help with civilian life other than fighting...

Anyway, couldn't they (Vegan) just build colony away from Mars?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 11:57   Link #34
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

I haven't watch the episode yet. I just want to ask, there's no action on this episode?

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 11:59   Link #35
tsunade666

When you think of military technology it doesn't only involve guns and weapons and if you use the technology to make weapons right you can make other stuff too because the parts made up for weapon isn't only used to make up weapons and even the weapons itself can be used in different manner like for communication or medicine and such that military technology doesn't always equate to fighting.

And that's my whole point. Why do they need to stay close to Mars if the environment of Mars is killing them. I don't get it.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:19   Link #36
Justin_Brett

I like that the villain's plan here is to basically guilt-trip the little kid. Anyone else would probably shoot back with some of the stuff discussed in this thread.

Also why does Ezelcant have a damn palace when everyone else is living in hovels? That can't be good for the whole disease thing.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 12:57   Link #37
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
indeed from the explanation the researchers said that EXA-DB are full of military technology that their technology are far cry with their present ones but realistically isn't military technology is more advance than civilian technology in reality? and in reality that technology was converted and used for the better of civilian. And the way vagan do. They put more thoughts on military actions and not the lives of the people. Look at the citizens. They look like in the middle east. They live in a very bad environment and I don't know why they are still leaving near the mars if they leave in a colony. Do they need materials from mars to survive? I don't know but their own location itself is killing them and they aren't even going farther away from it. I don't understand and they are putting more effort on military side than the civilians living inside the colony.
When it's far too superior, then the only thing you could do is using it, not adapting it to other field. You can give the Native American guns, and what else can they apply those thing to aside from war?

Another thing about Mars, is there could be no other place to live and develop stuff aside Mars. They don't have any colony, and that should say something.
Old 2012-06-24, 13:04   Link #38
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post

Why would they do that?

The Federation already left them to die slow deaths in Mars, which is already a very cruel act in and of itself. Who's to say they wouldn't just shoot them down and cover it up?
If you can leave millions of people to die a slow death, you will ahve no qualms about blowing them up.

Quote:

Look at the colony that leaves near earth. They leave a much better way and they don't focus much on military tech but more on agricultural or more like research. They living a better and more simple life than those vagan people.

They want to invoke emotions for the vagan people. Sure they did that. I feel bad for Lu but I still can't ignore how idiotic for them to not even find other way then war.
In case you forgot, Mars doesn't offer much in terms of resources like Earth does. There are no plants or animals in the mars sphere where they can just make their colonies nice and pretty like the ones around Earth with lush vegetation ,rivers and what not.

Their diet seemed to be soups and bread, very little of the latter for Dean and Lu...

What Mars has plenty of is minerals and metals, stuff suited for making weapons not improving people's quality of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I like that the villain's plan here is to basically guilt-trip the little kid. Anyone else would probably shoot back with some of the stuff discussed in this thread.

Also why does Ezelcant have a damn palace when everyone else is living in hovels? That can't be good for the whole disease thing.
you mean shoot back like Kio did? basically say : "but you killed a bunch of innocent people!"

So what?

The Vagans all hold the federation responsible for their suffering, and all those deaths are because of the federation. They abandoned the colonists to die, and the recent negotiations probably just had unacceptable terms to them, like "we'll have a cease fire and but you stay in Mars......dying". It's easy for Flit to just say oh they rejected the peace terms because they're evil monsters that want war. But we don't know the whole story....
Old 2012-06-24, 13:18   Link #39
Justin_Brett

No, I mean respond with some of the things this thread has.

Which is what I said.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 13:38   Link #40
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Ezelcant's reason for the continued war is to spread the same suffering on Earth Sphere that is on Mars Sphere.

That is so idiotic. Instead of blaming themselves for their own circumstances they blame those who have nothing to do with it. Envy and greed is what permeates Vegans when it comes to Earthers.

War is just another word for robbery. Vegans commit atrocities as a justification for their suffering.

Heck one can reason they could've just sent refugee ships back to Earth. But no its warships and armies of mobile suits.

The reason for Earth Sphere's prosperity was that they finally said enough. Ceasing the constant wars that has plagued it.

But unlike Earthers Vegan never grown out of that. The only response they know is violence.
Well, they were originally earthers, so there s a good chance the same thing wouldve resulted regardless. The same earthers politicians who insist in hiding the truth until being forced to reveal it.

I agree its idiotic war since they could have a peace deal but i would just blame human nature for it, not just vegan.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion