AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-09, 09:46   Link #2701
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsus View Post
It actually is ambiguous.

Spoiler for Subject and point of view about that "life counseling" thing:

The only thing that comes in my mind is that the life counseling means "it's up to you if Yes or No" but then again I don't have the whole context so I can't really say.
Depends if the meeting place is the house and Kyousuke was talking about himself in retrospect cause we see him doing that a lot in his monologues. The ambiguity is probably there to avoid potential lawsuits/court cases.
Edit: Regardless of the actual words written, the meaning of them in the author's eye is pretty clear I think. I also don't think Kyousuke is the type of guy to a kiss a girl who has a boyfriend/lover cause he shows restraint with Ayase later in the novels.
Old 2013-06-09, 09:47   Link #2702
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:

The only thing that comes in my mind is that the life counseling means "it's up to you if Yes or No" but then again I don't have the whole context so I can't really say.
I don't know what the exact translation is here but it could also be a meta comment saying "who is kyousuke?" A loving brother or a lover?

At least that's how I view it from that line.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 09:47   Link #2703
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:

Hmm, probably the entire part is needed in order to judge that. As for your question in the spoiler:

Spoiler for Reply:
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 09:48   Link #2704
Paracelsus

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This is the page, I guess spoilers are not needed.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-09 at 15:15.
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 09:48   Link #2705
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Nothing more to be said,its crystal clear what it means so if it is accurately translated I rate this one as not an open ending simple as is
I am rather confused here with this line? is she running away from kyousuke and saying this?
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 09:50   Link #2706
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
I don't know what the exact translation is here but it could also be a meta comment saying "who is kyousuke?" A loving brother or a lover.

At least that's how I view it from that line.
After shouting 'I love my little sister'' and ''Incest is the greatest'' I can only interpret it as one and only thing,I think you know what I mean
Old 2013-06-09, 09:50   Link #2707
virox

Quote:
If what I've been told corresponds to the truth (and the translator is a good one), this is exactly what is said after the "life counseling" line.

Spoiler for Spoiler for possible can of worms:
I don't understand...
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 09:51   Link #2708
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
I am rather confused here with this line? is she running away from kyousuke and saying this?
It would be good if somebody who can read Japanese took a look at this last paragraph and translates it. The way I see it is

Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2013-06-09, 09:52   Link #2709
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
After shouting 'I love my little sister'' and ''Incest is the greatest'' I can only interpret it as one and only thing,I think you know what I mean
He's said the same shit in the first season as a joke or a means to fulfill his duty to Kirino, saving her in shitty situations. That is a misnomer as far as I'm concerned, again this stuff is all up for interpretation hence why the whole thing bothers me.
Old 2013-06-09, 09:53   Link #2710
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
He's said the same shit in the first season. That is a misnomer as far as I'm concerned, again this stuff is all up for interpretation hence why the whole thing bothers me.
I do think there is a huge difference between what he said back then and here. And, perhaps I forgot, but where exactly did he say he loved his sister (romantically) in the first volumes / season?
Old 2013-06-09, 09:55   Link #2711
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
I do think there is a huge difference between what he said back then and here. And, perhaps I forgot, but where exactly did he say he loved his sister (romantically) in the first volumes / season?
To Ayase when Kirino and her were at odds with each other.
Old 2013-06-09, 09:55   Link #2712
Wilshere

Quote:
He's said the same shit in the first season as a joke or a means to fulfill his duty to Kirino, saving her in shitty situations. That is a misnomer as far as I'm concerned, again this stuff is all up for interpretation hence why the whole thing bothers me.
At that time he says it as a way to repair Kirino's and Ayase's friendship but this time I think he means it and yes you can interpret it the way you want. I bet Tsukasa Fushimi is laughing after putting us into this mess lol

Quote:
Season 1 Ep 5 and I dont think he meant it in a romantic way that moment

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-06-09 at 10:10. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 09:57   Link #2713
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
At that time he says it as a way to repair Kirino's and Ayase's friendship but this time I think he means it and yes you can interpret it the way you want. I bet Tsukasa Fushimi is laughing after putting us into this mess lol
I'm still wondering if he can still write another series cause it seems like A LOT of his fanbase hates him now.
Old 2013-06-09, 09:57   Link #2714
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Very probably, he is one epic troll.
Old 2013-06-09, 09:57   Link #2715
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
To Ayase when Kirino and her were at odds with each other.
Ah, this. Well this was an entirely different situation. This was something improvised. In contrast his confession in Vol.12 is deliberately prepared by first rejecting everybody else. And then planning and setting up that Christmas date. Chapter 1 showed, Kyousuke planned that Christmas eve up till the last detail.
Old 2013-06-09, 10:00   Link #2716
Wilshere

Quote:
Ah, this. Well this was an entirely different situation. This was something improvised. In contrast his confession in Vol.12 is deliberately prepared by first rejecting everybody else. And then planning and setting up that Christmas date. Chapter 1 showed, Kyousuke planned that Christmas eve up till the last detail.
Well in Volume 11 after rejecting Sakurai he says ''I PLANNED to confess to her'' so yes everything he says in Volume 12 are indeed romantic feelings no doubt
Old 2013-06-09, 10:01   Link #2717
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Yes and going off the spoilers I have a different view of the situation. You are free to view it how you like as am I. I wont be able to make a true determination until I read the entire thing(summaries just are enough for me) or watch it assuming the anime follows the exact same path.
Old 2013-06-09, 10:01   Link #2718
virox

Taken out of context, that last line, if the interpretation of it is correct, could be easily mistaken(?) as Kyousuke wondering what kind of boyfriend Kirino will have in the future.
virox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 10:03   Link #2719
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Yes and going off the spoilers I have a different view of the situation. You are free to view it how you like as am I. I wont be able to make a true determination until I read the entire thing(summaries just are enough for me) or watch it assuming the anime follows the exact same path.
Well, the first time involved the "i love my imouto" so if this confession revolves around "I love Kirino" then it's safe to say its romantic according to standard definition.
Old 2013-06-09, 10:04   Link #2720
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
True, true. But I do agree that it is not as clearly stated as could have been. But on the other hand I kind of understand why this is.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings