AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Love Live!

Notices

Old 2013-01-09, 00:56   Link #221
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Umi, Maki, Kotori, and Nozomi appeal to me! lol

Even with the CG, I still did enjoy the OP and ED sequences.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 01:24   Link #222
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Umi, Maki, Kotori, and Nozomi appeal to me! lol

Even with the CG, I still did enjoy the OP and ED sequences.
you too Maki
Old 2013-01-09, 02:49   Link #223
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Get hype for AOTY 2013 contender number 1. Sunrise really outdid themselves here, with the musical like setup, gorgeous animation and backgrounds, and of course, excellent voice acting work. Episode 1 exceeded my already overhyped expectations. Every scene was well done. Sunrise shock and awe has done it again.

The PV's were all hype. And the anime matched it.

Kotori is the best, of course.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 03:41   Link #224
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That was a great start so far, I'm glad it's not a fanservice type of show.

Took me a while to realize that was CG during the intro. It sure has come a long way in the CGI department.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 07:34   Link #225
alunde
osananajimi

One thing that disturbs me about the character designs are the eyes, which always have the same super-detailed highlights regardless of context.
alunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 08:47   Link #226
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

To be quite honest, I only started to watch this show because I wanted to see how its gonna stack up against the other idol show of the season, AKB0048. And one thing that really stood out for me is the voice acting... the seiyuu here are MILES ahead of their counterparts. And with the conflict being started so early and clearly defined, on top of the songs being fun, I think I can go through this show till the end.

Now if only there was a guy so I can ship SOMETHING, it would be perfect.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 11:25   Link #227
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Anyone got the list of the seiyuus? This anime successfully captured my only by 5 secs after it started playing That voice was wonderful

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 13:22   Link #228
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Well one of the seiyuus does the voice of Aki in Robotics NOTES, the student council president if I'm correct. We got some real good voicework here. This show is already better than AKB0048 for me since I just didn't like that other idol show, but it will never stack up against iDOLM@STER.

It really gave me that Natsuiro Kiseki vibe right away.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 14:09   Link #229
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was better than I expected. Decent premise, good voice cast, excellent animation, fun songs. This is shaping up to be a great idol anime.

The three's performance at the end of the episode was quite something. Very random but highly enjoyable.
Old 2013-01-09, 14:28   Link #230
Candyshark

Don't need a guy to ship just use yuri goggles. I liked episode especially small sprinkles on character traits like small brunette Nico and Maki. I hope Mimorin's character (don't know every name yet) won't end being scapegoat for cheap laughs.
Who did perform the insert song in middle of episode? The beat was suprusingly catchy despite being corny.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 14:56   Link #231
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
Don't need a guy to ship just use yuri goggles. I liked episode especially small sprinkles on character traits like small brunette Nico and Maki. I hope Mimorin's character (don't know every name yet) won't end being scapegoat for cheap laughs.
Who did perform the insert song in middle of episode? The beat was suprusingly catchy despite being corny.
you also think like that
Old 2013-01-09, 18:08   Link #232
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

OMG they broke out in a song and dance number at the end.......how amazing was that?!!

Been a while since I saw a song and dance break out...hell can't even remember last time I saw one.

Wonder if we'll see different ED for each ep and if they were to be song and dance break out everytime I'd then probably forever praise this as one of the best animes ever!

As far as characters go, Nozomi-chan is still my favorite
Umi-chan became abit of a surprise, rather liking her character alot, along with Kotori-chan as well.

Really liking this atm, might not be as good as Idolm@ster in the end but I think it will be pretty damn good none the less.
Old 2013-01-09, 18:46   Link #233
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

IdolM@ster kind of had a few years of games to flesh out the characters and their habits. Love Live has onyl had the music singles and video shorts, so the anime is really the first major thing for this franchise.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 22:09   Link #234
chaos_animagic

The animation for this series is really good, love how the characters all look, and that CGI was awesome.
(the break out at end of ep1 was funny, outta no where, LOL - especially since it doesn't fit how earlier she keeps on falling on her butt practicing)

There sure has been a lot of Idol or Music anime going on the last few seasons (including this season)... LOL

I think is is mostly due to the rise of Idols in Japan (like AKB and such)

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2013-01-09 at 22:21.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 04:29   Link #235
Theo

...Holy shit, this chick was skipping and dancing in the middle of speeding traffic.

Best comedy ending this season.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 06:13   Link #236
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
This anime is quite campy, IMO, but it gives off the same vibes as Tari Tari and Natsuro Kiseki. I'm on the fence here.
I don't see anything remotely close to Tari Tari and Natsuro Kiseki here, especially Tari Tari since Tari Tari act and react to things realistically and naturally unlike character in this show overreacting to shool closing down by fainting, jumping happy when thought it a dream and crying when found it was real, totally different from Tari Tari.

I rate this episode 6.5/10, pretty enjoyable but the characters trying too hard to act moe, they also seem to have stereotype moe personality too.

also, I don't understand why some people picking on the dancing ED, I think it just like disney musical scence in their animation movie which didn't really happen and just there to make a nice closure to the episode, do you honestly think they really danced and sing there?
Old 2013-01-10, 06:32   Link #237
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched the first episode, and good enough for me.
Liked the song that Honoka, Kotori, and Umi performed at the end.

Looking forward to next week's episode.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 14:21   Link #238
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
IdolM@ster kind of had a few years of games to flesh out the characters and their habits. Love Live has onyl had the music singles and video shorts, so the anime is really the first major thing for this franchise.
Well I wasn't into Idolm@ster until the anime so the games don't matter to me and still don't funny enough despite coming to love the series.
I simply just wandered into the anime one day and loved what I saw from the get go and even to today it is one of the best animes I've watched of recent years, it's got massive entertainment and enjoyment factors for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
also, I don't understand why some people picking on the dancing ED, I think it just like disney musical scence in their animation movie which didn't really happen and just there to make a nice closure to the episode, do you honestly think they really danced and sing there?
I can kinda understand it's not gonna be for everyone cause it is a bit odd in a way but I think anyone that enjoys musical arts should unconditionally love break outs of song and dance
How can you not like song and dance break outs?!!
Old 2013-01-10, 16:33   Link #239
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well ... um ... hmm.

Not so bad, actually, but somehow I think Idolm@ster has ruined me ... the idols were so alive and real personality wise in that excellent series, and in comparison the other idol based series I have seen since have just plain fallen short.

Series like akb0048 and this one are not "bad" per se, just nowhere near as engaging (or even "convincing" somehow?) for me....

Well, I will give it a try for a few more eps.
Old 2013-01-11, 00:18   Link #240
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
...Holy shit, this chick was skipping and dancing in the middle of speeding traffic.

Best comedy ending this season.

Indeed, I replayed that tree climbing scene quite a few times. Those kids are pretty damn strong.

Tags
comedy, friendship, music, school life