AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 05:50   Link #30461
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Well, chronologically the last "main" story of the series will be them finally going that far, yes. The main conflict will obviously have to be resolved, but I don't really know how large of an incident it will turn out to be.
If not explosions, can I have the strapless cocktail dresses and undercover ops then? Can I? Can I? =DDD

Also hey, I'm female and love big explosions and I cannot lie.
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 12:19   Link #30462
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
If not explosions, can I have the strapless cocktail dresses and undercover ops then? Can I? Can I? =DDD
We'll see, we'll see. Even if it's not in the big resolution fic, there are other ways of working Lutecia into an undercover mission that requires her to wear a strapless cocktail dress.
Old 2011-04-22, 13:24   Link #30463
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Well, what Hayate lacks is some sort of romantic interest. You have to admit, that giving a character a heartthrob always makes them more appealing to write for the throngs of fanfic writers. I do have ideas, very loose ideas, for Hayate. She is definitely a major side character to Signum's expansion but I havent decided if the ideas might give break to her own story yet. Another thing I find problematic with writing Hayate is that I've made her so goddamned clever, so her story would almost have to be in some sense related to her political/military career in sense of plot, and well, writing conspiracies has never been my strong suit. -_- I wish I could just make it all contemplative fiction about flying, flying and more flying, but that image just doesn't work for general Yagami. ^^;
True --although I'm lucky, since I'm more of a "family relationships" kind of writer , so I don't have to worry about that! I know what you mean about Hayate's clever being related to plot @_@--my efforts to write a "short" story for Hayate resulted in my novella-sized Crime Never Sleeps!

Quote:
Yeah, I'm still trying to come to grip with how to write Lutecia. RB did a really convincing job with her in her Shadowverse, and I'm having troubles keeping that image of her to leak over into my own writing. She's the type of character I normally absolutely try my best to avoid to write, but you're right, I'm trying to make her into the sudden adult presence of affection Vivio suddenly has to deal with so I'll just have to buckle up and let the ink bleed.
*Sets up camp on your doorstep* Waiting.........

It's always an interesting moment when the lines between being a teenager and an adult are blurred (especially since being a teenager is largely a social construct, which makes the tension really about social changes rather than physical ones).

Quote:
Well, after I complete LDG I do have one last major Shadowverse story planned that for now is tentatively titled "Ascension", which would resolve the last few hanging plot points that have been dangling. I don't know how epic it will end up being, though, since the story itself is more focused on Lutecia coming to terms with her own morals and where she stands, as a person herself and as a Shadow. There might be some explosions, though....
Lutecia figuring out what kind of a person she is and where she stands? That sounds pretty epic to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
I've actually been mistaken for a woman several times on other forums because I'm more romantically inclined Still not sure if that should damage my ego or not
I'm mildly reversely-insulted --are they implying that women are romantically inclined? I'm a pretty bad example ..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I don't know; deathcurse likes her explosions, too. They're efficient ways to slaughter more of the cast at once and save her the trouble of writing individual death scenes.
.......point made! XD Ah, yes, nice explosions........no, no, they're too efficient at slaughtering the cast! Where's the tragedy when everyone is dead? You have to kill one or two off and leave everyone else in utter desolation and despair because they have to suffer through continuing to live although their loved ones are dead .

Quote:
We'll see, we'll see. Even if it's not in the big resolution fic, there are other ways of working Lutecia into an undercover mission that requires her to wear a strapless cocktail dress.
It's interesting, given Lutecia's job as a spy/assassin--she could easily go the "undercover" route or the "slip in like a shadow in the night" route, and still get her mission accomplished .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 13:27   Link #30464
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
It's interesting, given Lutecia's job as a spy/assassin--she could easily go the "undercover" route or the "slip in like a shadow in the night" route, and still get her mission accomplished .
So many ways to complete a mission, so little time.
Old 2011-04-22, 13:33   Link #30465
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
So many ways to complete a mission, so little time.
She just prefers to use the one that causes her the most pain?
Old 2011-04-22, 13:36   Link #30466
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Hey now, don't be ruling out straps. They accent the shoulders nicely and are oh so sexy when they slide off. Mmm
Old 2011-04-22, 13:37   Link #30467
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Well, I wonder--would Lutecia feel terrible each time she succeeds in tricking a target for her mission, or would she feel a sense of accomplishment for succeeding? =O Kind of like how soldiers who accomplish a mission feel great and celebrate, even though they've probably killed a lot of people and lost comrades? Not that they're heartless, but it just being human nature to want to celebrate the good things?

Quote:
Hey now, don't be ruling out straps. They accent the shoulders nicely and are oh so sexy when they slide off. Mmm
*mental image*......................
Old 2011-04-22, 13:40   Link #30468
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Well, I wonder--would Lutecia feel terrible each time she succeeds in tricking a target for her mission, or would she feel a sense of accomplishment for succeeding? =O Kind of like how soldiers who accomplish a mission feel great and celebrate, even though they've probably killed a lot of people and lost comrades? Not that they're heartless, but it just being human nature to want to celebrate the good things?
It's hard to be certain, since Shadow Lu is, honestly, a mess. She seems to increase in self-loathing the better she gets at being a killer... I tend to think that feeling proud accomplishment for Shadow work would simultaneously make her feel BAD for feeling good.
Old 2011-04-22, 13:41   Link #30469
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:

A little bit of both, honestly. It would depend on what kind of person she's tricking and what role pulling off that trickery would have in her accomplishing her mission.
Old 2011-04-22, 13:41   Link #30470
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
You can easily change the above sentence into this

Quote:
She just prefers to use the one that causes the most explosions?
And voila! Ladies and Gentlemen, we present to you, A Moczo fic!

Quote:
It's perfectly understandable, but considering that this is an RB fic, even Lutecia becoming shellshocked would be merciful compared to what other things the Queen can inflict on her.
Old 2011-04-22, 13:43   Link #30471
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
You can easily change the above sentence into this

That is unfair, sir.

I also enjoy utilizing close-range blade-to-blade as much or more than explosions.
Old 2011-04-22, 13:47   Link #30472
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
It's hard to be certain, since Shadow Lu is, honestly, a mess. She seems to increase in self-loathing the better she gets at being a killer... I tend to think that feeling proud accomplishment for Shadow work would simultaneously make her feel BAD for feeling good.
Yeah, that's true....it's probably a real mind-screw to feel guilty at being good at your job.....but when your job is killing people, then it's probably a good thing that you feel guilty about being good at it.............but that kind of self-loathing is unhealthy and emo..............

Poor Lutecia can't win, can she?

Quote:
A little bit of both, honestly. It would depend on what kind of person she's tricking and what role pulling off that trickery would have in her accomplishing her mission.
I was just wondering it because there have been lots of good stories by you and others about Lutecia feeling guilty at her job, but not as many with her being proud of her accomplishments . It would be an interesting perspective .

Quote:
Or a Dezo one . Lots of explosions and cool fights in his Shadowverse stories!

*sniff sniff*......I wish I had more explosions in mine......stupid conspiracy story!
Old 2011-04-22, 13:49   Link #30473
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I was just wondering it because there have been lots of good stories by you and others about Lutecia feeling guilty at her job, but not as many with her being proud of her accomplishments . It would be an interesting perspective .
Well, part of the problem is that it's very rare for Lutecia's job to give her a mission where she can totally walk away from it with a feeling of pride and accomplishment. Especially in the case of missions that require her to make a kill. She's very reserved about those.
Old 2011-04-22, 13:50   Link #30474
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
The lady has taste

Quote:
I also enjoy utilizing close-range blade-to-blade as much or more than explosions.
I like unarmed combat myself, which is why Volvo fights hand-to-hand. Just can't top punching some one through a wall or ramming a knee into their gut before axe-handling them into the ground
Old 2011-04-22, 13:51   Link #30475
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
That is unfair, sir.

Lies! There's no blade fights in Center Ring (due's failed attempt doesn't count) and Sette (the Gnome barely put up a fight)!
Old 2011-04-22, 13:54   Link #30476
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, that's true....it's probably a real mind-screw to feel guilty at being good at your job.....but when your job is killing people, then it's probably a good thing that you feel guilty about being good at it.............but that kind of self-loathing is unhealthy and emo..............

Poor Lutecia can't win, can she?
... 'Poor Lutecia can't win' could be the Shadowverse tagline. XD

But in any case, yes, that pretty much is Lu. She's good at a job that she is too moral to take pride in and too determined to quit. Girl is screwed.

Quote:
Or a Dezo one . Lots of explosions and cool fights in his Shadowverse stories!

*sniff sniff*......I wish I had more explosions in mine......stupid conspiracy story!
... that reminds me I'm behind on CNS. Nuts.
Old 2011-04-22, 13:54   Link #30477
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Well, part of the problem is that it's very rare for Lutecia's job to give her a mission where she can totally walk away from it with a feeling of pride and accomplishment. Especially in the case of missions that require her to make a kill. She's very reserved about those.
Yeah, I can't imagine that any good person would feel good about that . But most people try to find something good about their jobs to get through it without going mad......

...........which may explain Lutecia .

Hm, now I really want to read a story where the NSIS actually gives Lutecia a job she can feel proud of! Spy on a slave trade ringleader? Capture a terrorist about blow up a solar system???

Quote:
The lady has taste
As do you, good sir!

EDIT:
Quote:
... 'Poor Lutecia can't win' could be the Shadowverse tagline. XD

But in any case, yes, that pretty much is Lu. She's good at a job that she is too moral to take pride in and too determined to quit. Girl is screwed.
LOL! *ROFL* That would be a very descriptive tagline! But she does Get the Girl though.........

Quote:
... that reminds me I'm behind on CNS. Nuts.
With all the one-shots I'm behind on , don't worry--it's not going anywhere anytime soon @_@.
Old 2011-04-22, 13:58   Link #30478
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
*Sets up camp on your doorstep* Waiting.........

It's always an interesting moment when the lines between being a teenager and an adult are blurred (especially since being a teenager is largely a social construct, which makes the tension really about social changes rather than physical ones).
Writing Nanoha fiction has certainly been lucrative O_o. Not even 25k words in and I've got two writing women pledging their everlasting love and camping outside my door. All I got from Shiznat was howling fangirls of doom and moe and emo. I like this fandom!

Also, oh god I'm starting to feel some pressure here. I should have kept Flying a secret on my harddrive T_T.

Hrmm, I hope my work stop killing off my evenings with overtime soon. I 'd like to sit down and actually read something from the Nanoha fandom while I'm in the run, aside from RB's shadow stuff that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse
You know, I sorta imagine her to just be professional about it, even post Mau-wherever-she-was-doing-rehabilitation. She might have had a breakdown but even that was a rather levelheaded one, no screaming fit, no breaking of plates, no slitting of wrists and so on. I rather love how collected and rational she is coming across as a character.

Now, lets send her on a undercover seduction operation into a fancy restaurant where she unwittingly runs into the Takamachi-Harlaown family of three, out to celebrate Vivio's straight A+ reportcard or something. =D Because, having them actually watching her at work would be so outragerous and hilarious at once.
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 13:59   Link #30479
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Lies! There's no blade fights in Center Ring (due's failed attempt doesn't count) and Sette (the Gnome barely put up a fight)!
I don't count those because they're comedies. 'Infinity' is my love letter to HIGH ACTION.
Old 2011-04-22, 14:00   Link #30480
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:

Now, lets send her on a undercover seduction operation into a fancy restaurant where she unwittingly runs into the Takamachi-Harlaown family of three, out to celebrate Vivio's straight A+ reportcard or something.
As I recall, Lu doesn't do missions that might require her to have sex with someone...

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha