AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-13, 15:52   Link #661
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This episode reminds me my first (painful) experience with Mochi soup: Didn't got it stuck in my throat, but the sticky texture made me really uncomfortable when swallowing. And there goes the host explaining me that each year, there always are cases where eldery people choke to death due to these... Sometimes, I wonder why they even try eating these...
But yeah, they really aren't joking with these warning: that kind of Mochi are death trap

Anyway, another excellent episode. I can't help but be amused of these "mundane" situations brought in this fashion: managed to pull "I know that feel!" moments a lot, yet turned them so they deal a good laugh each time (toilet, slipping on ice, bike, stupid makeshift game while bored, going to school during a -very- obvious commemorative day).

And I really wonder what kind of move Karasawa would ask to Habara should he decide to forgive her
Old 2012-03-13, 17:15   Link #662
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Mitsuo's trouble with the toilet of realizing that there's no more tissue paper too late is pretty common too. Try as I might I most often forget to check the tissue before sitting down, so to counteract I make sure to carry some tissue on my own rather than notebook paper...
Yeah, I've one-up that too- I also check if it flushes properly first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well they got back on track with the big lolz this ep, alot funnier than the previous 2.

Lit girl is as awesome as ever, that chase scene just to tell him something she didn't need to was great!
It's weird it's like all the pairings in this series are kinda tragic and doomed to fail for some reason but they just manage to hang on in there
Nah Hidenori is the type of guy that you must force your way into, otherwise you'll end up as a cousin

Quote:
The ice tripping hit home but then every kid must have slipped on ice at one point...unless they live somehwere where ice doesn't form then you've missed out on one of life's must do
Sad to say, I've never seen ice form naturally yet in my life

Quote:
And learning to ride a bike....wish I could say "ahh fond memories" but I can't actually rememeber when I learnt to ride a bike
Funny, I can remember the before and after, but not the inbetween processes
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 17:25   Link #663
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
Images
pic related
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
A translation would be appreciated.
Old 2012-03-13, 17:42   Link #664
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
You know ... I have had a similar experience as a few others have mentioned with this series. For me it began to be somehow "recycled" around ep 7. It just is not somehow as funny as it was when it began....

I have even thought that it may be partly b/c of the 8 preview eps that were released before the series aired might have "blunted" the type of humor offered a little too early somehow. I am still not sure though.

Whatever the reason I have become somehow "sated" with the style and materiel being presented ... it is similar material, but I am not finding it anywhere near as funny anymore. Go figure.

I will watch it to the end, but in some ways this is the first time something like this has happened to me with a series. That in of itself is kind of a "new" experience for me....
Old 2012-03-13, 18:10   Link #665
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Maybe I said this before, but I'm feeling increasingly sorry for Habara. No matter what she does, she keeps getting confronted with her dark past, one she would rather just forget about at all cost. Of course, Yanagin isn't making it any better by bringing it up every time.
Well, I just wanted to raise this issue in the middle of last week; I just couldn't find an excuse to discuss that kind of topic (esp given discussing Ep 6 content last week )

The way Takahiro worded in Ep 6 pretty much implied Habara is pretty much socially ruined in Sanada; and it's easy to guess how difficult she's living through a world where every boy avoids him like plague. It's quite... difficult for her to stay sane in the midst of this (being reminded of her past every day!), yet she did it and did it pretty well.

This made me wonder if she bullied boys and only boys? Takahiro specifically mentioned all high school boys around Sanada still trembled in the sight of her. If I'm reading it right, it implies Archdemon had no female victims--and by extension girls in general don't alienate her as much as boys, which may be a slightly better situation (which is not good at all nonetheless).

I wonder what would become of her if she studied in Sanada East?

EDIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nah Hidenori is the type of guy that you must force your way into, otherwise you'll end up as a cousin
Good said Chaos2Frozen. He seems to be the kind of person who's quite shy towards people outside his social circle--but entering his social circle, though, is not difficult either.

That said, if what character sketches said about Lit Girl is correct, then she's also that kind of person, which made things more difficult...
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 18:22   Link #666
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCurt View Post
That said, if what character sketches said about Lit Girl is correct, then she's also that kind of person, which made things more difficult...
Oh, do tell.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 19:03   Link #667
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCurt View Post
Good said Chaos2Frozen. He seems to be the kind of person who's quite shy towards people outside his social circle--but entering his social circle, though, is not difficult either.

I don't think Hidenori is shy, he's just extremely stubborn with a hint of just-dont-get-it
Old 2012-03-13, 19:37   Link #668
Elestia

Quote:
I don't think Hidenori is shy, he's just extremely stubborn with a hint of just-dont-get-it
Yep, with Hidenori trouble seems to just find him, especially from the opposite sex.

Spoiler for Tiro Finale!:
Old 2012-03-13, 22:08   Link #669
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Lit. Girl finely get to speak to bad it was when she was out of breath
Old 2012-03-14, 02:08   Link #670
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Lit. Girl finely get to speak to bad it was when she was out of breath
She also spoke in her first skit.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 05:03   Link #671
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Yep, with Hidenori trouble seems to just find him, especially from the opposite sex.

Spoiler for Tiro Finale!:
This have become my cellphone wallpaper.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 07:21   Link #672
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
She also spoke in her first skit.
Well, at least this time what she's speaking was not as pretentious
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 10:44   Link #673
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Ahhh poor tadakuni, i feel like he's the worst treated main character of any anime. So bad that the only line he had this episode was him choking on mochi.

Lit Girl pretty much stole this episode, never cease to amuse me between her and Hidenori.

and

as usual, Karasawa being the man of the show in the funky girl story. For those curious about Kinniku Buster, it's a reference to an old manga that featured a wrestler and that's one of it's technique.
Old 2012-03-14, 11:16   Link #674
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I'm one of those people who is a strong believer of karma. Notes taken from this episode, don't take too long in the toilet even if one is having a session of exploding diarrhea. As always keep in mind that the other guy or gal is waiting outside, holding it in, where every ticking seconds are felt with urgency. Take too long, and they are placing a curse on you.

After the poop-portion, the following look very suspicious:

Very good to see the show was back to being its usual self. Preview had me cracked up just as much:

I live in the US where a good portion of our total population is considered obese. I've seen much worse. It still doesn't take away the funny!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 12:01   Link #675
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

At least Tadakuni and Yoshitake have sister to help them spitted out their mochi, wonder who's the one helping Hidenori?

I love Mitsuo skit the best. Though Hidenori and Yassan's "give me back my jacket" and riding bicycle skit were also great
Kenichi Suzumura's voice when he's saying "The mochi is in my throat" was hilarious XD

Quote:
Hidenori's toilet skit must have seem familiar to alot of people Don't try to deny it, we've all been in that situation
Oh sure we have. In fact I've been on it more than once since I have weak stomach, thus I made a promise for myself not to laugh at toilet skit like this since I know it's very very hard situation
Old 2012-03-14, 18:04   Link #676
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Er...what exactly was Toshiyuki trying to pull there at the end? Did he fuck it up on purpose because his conscience kicked in at the last moment or was he just stupid?

The Bungaku Shoujo chase was definitely the funniest.
My take on it is that Karasawa was just joking around with them in his own way. But that scene making no sense was the joke I think. And he acted as the landing pad for Yanagin because he doesn't hurt girls.
Spoiler for in the manga:

Also, that Mitsuo skit about his luck was the funniest.

As to who saved Hidenori, he has a sibling too you know. Imo it was just cut off because bromance isn't as fun as sister abuse.

Only 2 episodes left ;_;
Old 2012-03-14, 18:06   Link #677
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The funny thing about wrestling moves is that sometimes they're harder on the ones doing them than on the ones receiving them

I guess Karasawa is finding that out the hard way.
Old 2012-03-14, 18:11   Link #678
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
The funny thing about wrestling moves is that sometimes they're harder on the ones doing them than on the ones receiving them

I guess Karasawa is finding that out the hard way.
He had no intentions of hurting them as far as I can tell. He does it on Ikushima right after too so he wasn't finding it out the hard way etc.

And while the kids fought the archdemon to avenge him, he got all his scars because he was protecting other girls from her in the first place. In short, he's manly as heck. Perhaps too manly.
Old 2012-03-14, 19:56   Link #679
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
As to who saved Hidenori, he has a sibling too you know. Imo it was just cut off because bromance isn't as fun as sister abuse.
But he said all of his family were out for vacation, didn't he?
Old 2012-03-14, 20:08   Link #680
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
He had no intentions of hurting them as far as I can tell. He does it on Ikushima right after too so he wasn't finding it out the hard way etc.

And while the kids fought the archdemon to avenge him, he got all his scars because he was protecting other girls from her in the first place. In short, he's manly as heck. Perhaps too manly.
What, no such thing as too manly!!

And whats this about scars he's got more than 1?
Thats quite the tidbit of info, think I'll need to check out the raws to see whats up, was putting it off as to not spoil the anime.

So Toshiyuki could have a bigger "harem" than we thought

Tags
comedy, satire