Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-06-11, 10:42   Link #1
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Chapter 219 Discussion [Manga]

Oh god, almost three pages spent on recap and flashback...why oh why?! >_<

But other than that, the fight so far does not disappoint. After all the talking and flashback, Sasuke easily lifts Naruto up with just one hand and knocks him all the way down into the water with one punch to the stomach. He admires his new strength for a moment and for some reason the semi-Cursed Seal fades, so now Sasuke "appears" normal again. He sees Naruto resurfacing and taunts from above. Naruto procedes to dash on water (this part looks cool) and makes a huge leap, and the two met again in mid-air. Sasuke without the Sharingan dodges Naruto's punch and with a swift swipe kicks Naruto silly in face. As he is falling, Naruto flashes back to the promise he made with Sakura and makes several Kage Bushin in mid-air an does a really cool chain linking the finger of the 2nd Hokage's statue and returns Sasuke the favor with a swiping kick. Sasuke lands on the right eye of the statue, recollects himself, and with insane speed launches right next to Naruto and knocks him back into the water. As he look on, an image of young Itachi giving young Sasuke a piggyback is shown...

The last frame almost looks like a self-flashback...so there is a likelihood the next chapter will be have some sort of Sasuke flashback instead of more fighting. Or maybe not... ^_^

Standard disclaimer (copied from Dorfl's 218 thread): Naruto is licensed in the USA by Viz LLC. Please do not ask where you can get raw scans or scanslations. We also request that forum members not tell each other where they can obtain these things. Thank you very much.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 10:49   Link #2
Gai-Kakashi

Ooh, sounds awesome!

I hope they don't go overboard on the backstory, the story of Gaara's life was important, but it was a bad place to put it in the middle of a fight.
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 10:51   Link #3
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Arrg, I want the raw
Yeah yeah! Just have to wait. But did sound cool, really hope Naruto will loose this fight so Sasuke can be Orochimarus sex slave.
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 10:58   Link #4
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen
Arrg, I want the raw
Yeah yeah! Just have to wait. But did sound cool, really hope Naruto will loose this fight so Sasuke can be Orochimarus sex slave.

Make up your mind. First you wanted Naruto to beat the crap out of Sasuke and now you want Sasuke to win, for that lame reason. I expected something like this would happen. This fight will last at least 3 or 4 more chapters, which i don't mind seeing two of my favorites characters beating the hell out of each others.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 11:11   Link #5
LeafNinja

This was a pretty good chapter, the extended flashback WAS pretty annoying though.

Kishimoto must be wanting to spend more time chilling instead of drawing, so he uses the flashbacks to take up space... That or he wants to, you know, do some kind of nice plot building.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 11:13   Link #6
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
Make up your mind. First you wanted Naruto to beat the crap out of Sasuke and now you want Sasuke to win, for that lame reason. I expected something like this would happen. This fight will last at least 3 or 4 more chapters, which i don't mind seeing two of my favorites characters beating the hell out of each others.
I said I wanted Sasuke to beat up Naruto in the other thread aswell....
I only said that Naruto would not use his full force and thats why he will loose! I want Sasuke to win because then we'll get rid of him from Konoha and he hopefully dies.
Old 2004-06-11, 11:19   Link #7
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Here's the cute Itachi + Sasuke piggyride:

Unfortunately, it looks like the beginning of a flashback to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafNinja
This was a pretty good chapter, the extended flashback WAS pretty annoying though.

Kishimoto must be wanting to spend more time chilling instead of drawing, so he uses the flashbacks to take up space... That or he wants to, you know, do some kind of nice plot building.
Yah, I almost fainted when I saw the flashback on the 2nd or 3rd page..."I DON'T NEED TO SEE THAT FIGHT AGAIN, I'VE SEEN IT 10 TIMES ALREADY WHILE WAITING FOR THIS FIGHT!"
Old 2004-06-11, 11:21   Link #8
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
I said I wanted Sasuke to beat up Naruto in the other thread aswell....
I only said that Naruto would not use his full force and thats why he will loose! I want Sasuke to win because then we'll get rid of him from Konoha and he hopefully dies.

My apologize for misunderstanding you. About Naruto losing for holding back, no way in hell, he never holds back.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 11:23   Link #9
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
My apologize for misunderstanding you. About Naruto losing for holding back, no way in hell, he never holds back.
Hehe, Forgiven But reading what Sarca said it seems like Naruto does not hold back so I was wrong aswell.
Anyway! If he loose now because Sasuke is stronger with his lvl 2 seal then Naruto is with his curent controll of Kyuubi, I hope he will do a comeback next time they fight.
Old 2004-06-11, 11:25   Link #10
_Riku_

as I suspected.. Sasuke will whoop naruto.. can't belive that some huys thinks that naruto will win
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 11:30   Link #11
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Riku_
as I suspected.. Sasuke will whoop naruto.. can't belive that some huys thinks that naruto will win
Nope, I can't belive some huyes think Naruto can win. I don't even think Huyes exist but that is another case right ? :P
Anyway, the Itachi/Sasuke pic is sooo cute! I almost start liking them again only by watching it.
Old 2004-06-11, 11:32   Link #12
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Riku_
Well, it is just foreplay so far...both of them haven't busted out the "big-guns" yet. I don't think they will: Naruto for one is quite aware this time that he needs to beat up Sasuke, not kill him with Rasengan, whereas Sasuke most likely will not resort to Chidori but instead his newfound power to prove that he made the right decision and was rewarded for it. So far Sasuke has shown a dramatic strength boost while in that semi-Cursed Seal mode, but even without it, Sasuke totally outclassed Naruto in speed. I'm not sure if it was his normal speed or enhanced by the Cursed Seal, but unless Naruto draws some Kyuubi power...things aren't looking so well. (But then again, Naruto almost always receives a whipping before he gets his act together and kick butt, so this is nothing out of the ordinary...)

And then when Naruto busts out Kyuubi chakra, Sasuke will go "HA! See, YOU get some special hidden demonic power while I don't! Well guess what, now I do too!"

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-06-11 at 11:45.
Old 2004-06-11, 11:34   Link #13
LeafNinja

The match certainly seems to be heading in Sasuke's favor so far. But neither ninja really has pulled out much beyond some basic taijutsu and a Kage Bunshin. And I think Sasuke has always been more quick on his feet anyway. We'll just have to wait until the next chapter to get an idea what Sasuke's punches are doing to Naruto's plan to probably bring Sasuke back in one piece for Sakura.
LeafNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 11:36   Link #14
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Well, it is just foreplay so far...both of them haven't busted out the "big-guns" yet. I don't think they will: Naruto for one is quite aware this time that he needs to beat up Sasuke, not kill him with Rasengan, whereas Sasuke most likely will not resort to Chidori but instead his newfound power to prove that he made the right decision and was rewarded for it. So far Sasuke has shown a dramatic strength boost while in that semi-Cursed Seal mode, but even without it, Sasuke totally outclassed Naruto in speed. I'm not sure if it was his normal speed or enhanced by the Cursed Seal, but unless Naruto draws some Kyuubi power...things aren't looking so well.

And then when Naruto busts out Kyuubi chakra, Sasuke will go "HA! See, YOU get some special hidden demonic power while I don't! Well guess what, now I do too!"
Hmm, Sasuke can use power he have always had but was not able to use until now right ?
All the hidden chakra Naruto got(Kyuubi), give Naruto the same seal and we will see a true god. ;P
Old 2004-06-11, 11:39   Link #15
Merco
I like pie

But to continue your hypothesis....

Sasuke busts out his 1st cursed seal to discover that it can't compare with Kyuubi chakra...

What I'm guessing is that this will be left in a stalemate. So no, Sasuke won't completely kick Naruto's ass since he's a stamina freak and most hits he takes he can get up from.

But, Naruto won't be able to seriously hit Sasuke either, so enough time is going to pass so that Gaara and Rock Lee will catch up. In which case Sasuke will be looking for an exit...

At least that's my hypothesis
Merco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 11:45   Link #16
Asuran420

ah nice awesome chapter, its going exactly how i sought it to be, I cant wait for inane version, hell i am looking forward to this arc, i wonder how things are going to path out, who knows, i dunno whos going to win this fight, but naruto and sasuke are my favorite characters, and i want to see sasuke get strong enough to hang with itachi, and i want to see naruto, even stronger.

Hopefully, and im sure it will go like this, sasuke and naruto fight ends, sasuke goes to oro to train and naruto goes back to train with jiraiya, learns some new badass move, or he reaches next lvl of rasengan who knows i cant wait to see what happens within the next 10 chapters, i truthfully dont want to see sasuke summoning no damn snakes though, i want to see him master the sharigan and its styles.
Asuran420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 12:03   Link #17
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuran420
Hopefully, and im sure it will go like this, sasuke and naruto fight ends, sasuke goes to oro to train and naruto goes back to train with jiraiya, learns some new badass move, or he reaches next lvl of rasengan who knows i cant wait to see what happens within the next 10 chapters, i truthfully dont want to see sasuke summoning no damn snakes though, i want to see him master the sharigan and its styles.
I don't think Orochimaru got the snake scroll. Anyway Orochimaru can't controll manda so how is Sasuke gonne be able to control him ? :P
Or he might actually have the scroll, the fat bastad got so much shit in his stomack
Old 2004-06-11, 12:20   Link #18
Asuran420

Quote:
I don't think Orochimaru got the snake scroll. Anyway Orochimaru can't controll manda so how is Sasuke gonne be able to control him ? :P
Or he might actually have the scroll, the fat bastad got so much shit in his stomack

HAHAHA

yeah i just dont want to see sasuke summong no damn snakes, i wana see some freakin tsukiyomi(or whatever) and ameratursu(or whatever), combined with cursed seal.
Asuran420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 12:28   Link #19
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
thanx sarcasteak for the summary

first of all
Spoiler:

anyways the fight looks good
Old 2004-06-11, 12:52   Link #20
zarkand

Looks like part of my prediction in the 218 discussion was right. Naruto got knocked off the waterfall. It didn't play out as I thought it would. I now wonder if Naruto will be able to climb back up to continue the fight or is that it? From the last panel on the last page it seemed that Sasuke was leaving the area.

To talk about the chapter a little, Sasuke was able to get in three really good hits on Naruto. Naruto was only able to get in one, but that one was pretty impressive. Wonder what he called that one, Kage Bunshin Whip Kick? I am kind of puzzled why Sasuke was remembering Itachi giving him a piggy back ride. Since he was turning to leave and go to Sound; maybe it is to show leaving his good memories in Leaf while brining just the hate with him to the Sound. Of course I can't read kanji, so I can't read what is written on the last page, so the last part is just a guess based on the pictures.
zarkand is offline   Reply With Quote