AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-07-02, 21:57   Link #61
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Looks like what they said about the crazy ones is true. They're the only ones tenacious enough to survive most situations devil hunters would have to deal with.

Kobeni is low key one of the most badass characters in this manga. I so didn't see that coming. She just needed to be pushed over the edge to embrace her inner badass.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how her role within and relationships with the squad develops from here on out now that they've lost Himeno and Arai. Her dynamic with Denji will be especially interesting to see since she feels guilty about trying to kill him and now blames herself for Arai's death.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-05, 23:05   Link #62
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Yup, I'm done with trying to predict what happens next with this series. It's been throwing me for a loop ever since the beginning. lmao

The way the author trivializes everyone's deaths and Denji's lack of empathy as a result of him becoming a devil is kinda refreshing in itself, but while his answers to that guy's questions were a little funny, they also made me feel a little sad because I've now fully grasped how broken Denji is as a person now.

The answers to those questions and their teacher's reaction to said answers also really drives home the point that only the crazy ones are cut out for that line of work.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2019-07-06, 00:45   Link #63
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

This proves Power is the only one who can get along with Denji lolol
Old 2019-07-06, 01:00   Link #64
wuhugm
Confused Shark

True humans
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 11:20   Link #65
James Rye

Gotta say Denji and Power are the absolute dream team... if you are looking for Dumb and Dumber in most craziest motherf***er version. Can't wait to see what kinda stupid plan they come up with to beat the strongest Devil Hunter using their heads. XD
Old 2019-07-12, 18:57   Link #66
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Name a duo better than Denji and Power. Lmao I love those two.

Aki has it rough tho. He tries to be "crazy", but no matter how hard he tries, he'll always be "normal". Then again, I think there should at least be one normal person in every squad to keep the others from getting too unhinged.
Old 2019-07-12, 22:24   Link #67
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Does it mean this guy is actually stronger than Makima.....
Old 2019-07-12, 23:40   Link #68
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

That's a good question. That could either mean:

a. He is stronger than Makima as an individual without factoring in the abilities of their contracted devils.

b. His contracted devil is somehow more OP than Makima's...

c. He has the highest mission completion rate among the devil hunters and therefore is considered the "strongest" due to his consistency.

d. He's one of the longest-tenured devil hunters and due to his seniority, he's referred to as the "strongest" as a sign of respect from his juniors.
Old 2019-07-13, 12:16   Link #69
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Or, knowing this author, he could be just drunk and deluded lol
Old 2019-07-13, 12:41   Link #70
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Fair point. lmao
Old 2019-08-02, 23:37   Link #71
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Old 2019-08-18, 02:48   Link #72
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Which is it?
Old 2019-08-18, 03:44   Link #73
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It sounds like the lifespan absorption isn't voluntary.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 11:23   Link #74
James Rye

Shark, Violence and Spider Devilmans. Yeah, they got to have a lot of power given how much those are feared in humanity. I am surprised about the Angel Devil, you'd expect that one to be quite powerless as I doubt that many people fear Angels.
Old 2019-08-18, 14:06   Link #75
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Shark, Violence and Spider Devilmans. Yeah, they got to have a lot of power given how much those are feared in humanity. I am surprised about the Angel Devil, you'd expect that one to be quite powerless as I doubt that many people fear Angels.
What about the Grim Reaper, who's also commonly known as the "Angel of Death"? People may not necessarily fear angels, but death is something they do fear.

If we also take Christianity into account, there are "Fallen Angels" who were cast out of Heaven for siding with Satan against God. So there's that.
Old 2019-08-24, 22:35   Link #76
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Best gurl
Old 2019-08-25, 08:14   Link #77
James Rye

Himeno is best girl as the flashback an the cigarette showed. Even in death as part of a ghost devil she still cares and protects her kouhai, that is god damn admirable!!!
Old 2019-09-13, 15:18   Link #78
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, that was the happiest we've seen Aki in a while. Great tournament.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-14, 14:47   Link #79
James Rye

This was a tournament I could totally get behind. This asshole deserves every pain he can receive for killing Himeno. Plus I love how this cruel act of self-justice and torture is legit a character growth/change for Aki! <3
Old 2019-09-19, 22:01   Link #80
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Tags
chainsaw, demons, horror comedy, shounen