AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-24, 03:51   Link #2461
Pacify

Series got 1000% more enjoyable now that Hisoka is around again
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 04:08   Link #2462
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Someone please, for the love of God, make a gif of Hisoka's expression change at 21:17...
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 06:39   Link #2463
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Nono, someone needs to make a gif of naked Hisoka and Gon and Killua's eyes moving slowly from downward upward.

Also, I remember the city of love from the manga. That was one of the more amusing scenes they left out of the OVA.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 07:09   Link #2464
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Dear lord, if the term surprise buttsecks had an entry, Hisoka would be the caption.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 07:49   Link #2465
Marower

They kept City of Love, I'm happy <3

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 07:58   Link #2466
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridBloodsZak View Post
Hisoka has officially been assigned "PedoClown" status after this week....

In Heaven's Arena you could argue he was getting turned on by Gon's strength not him but this week he got a full on boner in the bath and then SCHWING'd with his aura staring at Gon and Killua's asses
Makes me remember that time when someone said this adaptation will have Hisoka with less Pedophilia tendencies.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 08:46   Link #2467
ookamigirl

Killua never ceases to amaze me.
The sports battle theme this time was unusual.
It was also interesting to watch.
Hisoka fan service was really nice.
Gon and Killua's reactions to that were LOL
Joining up with Hisoka is a dangerous thing.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 09:46   Link #2468
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

This is why I love the HxH community. Everyone agrees that Hisoka is so delightfully disturbing.

And really, I know the base is divided between the two anime adaptations, but you HAVE to agree that at the very least, Hisoka's portrayal is MUCH better in this one, right?
Old 2013-02-24, 10:15   Link #2469
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It's actually pretty even in both. Most of the conflict is due to preference in voice acting.

Also, someone forgot to pay attention to his layer masks at 9:22.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 11:20   Link #2470
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Looks like Gon and Killua got a full view of Hisoka's "schwing".
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 13:18   Link #2471
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It's actually pretty even in both. Most of the conflict is due to preference in voice acting.

Also, someone forgot to pay attention to his layer masks at 9:22.
what? You mean to say they weren't badasses floating in the air?

Also, this just takes the cake. I was laughing like a maniac at the whole scene:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

SCHWING!
Old 2013-02-24, 14:24   Link #2472
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Things are always better with Hisoka around. Good thing Biske knew Hisoka was lying. Also nice analysis by Killua, too bad he didn't know of Hisoka's ability to change the names. Gon would not last in that city, I know they need Tsezugera to beat the pirates, but wouldn't that also help him clear the game?
Old 2013-02-24, 16:55   Link #2473
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
I know they need Tsezugera to beat the pirates, but wouldn't that also help him clear the game?
This is sort of an interesting point to think about that the series sort of skims over. Why should people care if other people beat the game? There's nothing in the rules that says only one person can beat the game, and indeed people are usually working in teams. So why does it matter who beats the game first? In fact, that's actually in the other team's best interest because it clears up whatever cards they were monopolizing.

The only reason it matters is because basically every single player who's currently advancing in the game is an employee of Battera, who is promising a 50 billion reward to whoever beats it first (and brings back the items he wants). So everyone is fighting over this reward, which is a out-of-game motivation so changes the dynamics somewhat.

Everyone, that is, except Gon's team. Gon's here to "enjoy the game his father made" with the small hope of finding a clue, Killua's just tagging along with Gon, and Biscuit is here to find a super-rare gem. Which is an in-game item. Which means that for her to keep it, she'd have to explicitly break her contract with Battera. She doesn't care about the money at all. All three of them are just using Battera to get into the game for their own personal reasons.

So Gon and his team aren't even trying to stop anyone else from winning the game. They're just trying to get an SS rank card that they couldn't get on their own. Of course, they also know that Genthru is an asshole and don't want to see him win, but they have nothing against Tsezgerra personally.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 16:56   Link #2474
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^To have fun playing the game does mean beating the game obviously. I mean, who the hell likes a game where they don't win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I want to see an animated gif of it.
Old 2013-02-24, 17:03   Link #2475
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
This is sort of an interesting point to think about that the series sort of skims over. Why should people care if other people beat the game? There's nothing in the rules that says only one person can beat the game,
No guarantee that several people can finish the game either.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 19:04   Link #2476
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I know it shouldn't, but Hisoka's pedophilic stares always crack me up.

Also, the people who think Gon's having fun means he has to win the game seem to have missed the entire point of Gon, as a character.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 19:54   Link #2477
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
^To have fun playing the game does mean beating the game obviously. I mean, who the hell likes a game where they don't win?
Some people play games for the comaraderie and atmosphere. Gon's in it to learn more about his dad.
Old 2013-02-24, 23:25   Link #2478
whitecloud

by the way...isnt city aiai basicaly an eroge city? all those encounter could in the end only lead to one thing.... im sure that city only being built for one purpose.. R-18 R&R
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 00:05   Link #2479
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Of course he's trying to win. But absolutely nothing in the game implies that he'd "lose" if someone else won first. And frankly, as a huge multiplayer game, that makes no sense. Are we to assume that the game runs its course exactly once and then immediately shuts down? Ging and his friends and especially Razor who's been devoting decades of his life to this thing will just say "show's over, someone won?" The whole island is devoted to this thing. If someone wins, the game just goes on for everyone else, or at least that's the reasonable thing to assume. Killua certainly would. Anything else would be a shocking twist.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 00:43   Link #2480
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
by the way...isnt city aiai basicaly an eroge city? all those encounter could in the end only lead to one thing.... im sure that city only being built for one purpose.. R-18 R&R
Not really eroge, those clichés are plentyfull in most japanese media including dramas, this is probably togashi mocking that an telling us not to expect any of that here, this is probably the only series that in such a long run never showed the main characters in any kind of romantic event/situation.

Tags
action, shounen