AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Who were your favorite characters? Multiple choice allowed!
Suzumiya Haruhi 625 64.77%
Kyon 587 60.83%
Nagato Yuki 569 58.96%
Asahina Mikuru 289 29.95%
Asakura Ryoko 159 16.48%
Koizumi Itsuki 175 18.13%
Kyon's Sister 145 15.03%
Kunikida 22 2.28%
Taniguchi 43 4.46%
Tsuruya 317 32.85%
Kimidori Emiri 37 3.83%
The ENOZ Girls 89 9.22%
Shamisen (the cat) 105 10.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 965. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-07, 12:42   Link #41
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I find it interesting that Kunikida and Taniguchi combined have fewer votes than Shamisen, a cat that only had limited screentime in the first episode. Sure it's a talking cat, and a rare male calico besides, but still, that's just sad and pathetic.

Anyway, I voted for Yuki, and Yuki alone. I like all the characters, but she's by far my favorite. Despite being little more than a decoration for the club room half the time, she still managed to stand out. The scenes she did play a key role were, in my opinion, the highlights of the series.
Old 2006-07-07, 13:04   Link #42
Amaranthine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I find it interesting that Kunikida and Taniguchi combined have fewer votes than Shamisen, a cat that only had limited screentime in the first episode. Sure it's a talking cat, and a rare male calico besides, but still, that's just sad and pathetic.
Heh... Kunikida's votes all come from people who voted for every single character anyway, and so do three quarters of Taniguchi's.

I kind of agree with you. I was tempted to vote for the ENOZ girls (the drummer is so cute ^^; ), but I realised that I couldn't really consider characters who are shown for a brief few minutes with only a few spoken lines to be up there with my favourites out of the entire 14 episode series. They just don't contribute enough to the show, especially when the other characters are as well realised and interesting as the ones in this series. It's not so bad with them as it is with the cat, but that's the way I look at it. Other people have different criteria though, I suppose, so that's just how it is. In a way it's similar to what people say about the rankings from 1 to 10 being subjective in the episode polls.
Old 2006-07-07, 13:13   Link #43
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Yeah I know I probably voted for too many characters, but it's hard to resist voting for some people. I have an err weird guilt complex, I think that's the best way to put it. Still a few characters do stand out.

Yuki: Sure she's the silent type, but she's quite interesting despite that. She really shines in certain episodes like well episode 10 for example. Plus I admit seeing her in the magician outfit early on kind of leaned me towards her.

Haruhi: She's rather bold and as you learn more about she becomes one of the better female leads. Let's just that episode 12 helps her character a lot.

Kyon: His commentary on various events helps make the series. He's like the audience member watching a movie wanting to comment on what's happening come to life.

Tsuraya: Let's just that she's extremely cute and adds a good level of fun factor when she appears on the screen.

Some I voted for due to cuteness factor (Kyon's Sister) and fanservice factor (Mikuru). Of course there are times other girls such as the ones I mentioned earlier can look rather nice.
Old 2006-07-07, 13:34   Link #44
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
For me it was Yuki, Mikuru and Asakura.

Mikurubecause she is so cute and kind. Very high Onee Chan Factor. I liked the moments when she was with Kyon's little sister. Cute + timetravel ability + high Onee Chan Factor =>Vote from me
Of course, whenever things seem to get dangerous, her Onee Chan Factor drops below zero and she becomes a person you can't help wanting to protect.

Asakura because *me fears*. I have a weakness for cute girls with sharp weapons who can scare my eyes to the point of popping out. At first I also liked her because she was so caring and considering towards Haruhi, Asakura is a good and responsible class president after all (also + points). And I was really suprisingly excited in episode 10 when she was the one inviting Kyon to the after school meeting. Of course, the following incident with her also scared my eyes all the way to outer space *me still fears*. I wish she had a few more episodes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
I wish I could anti-vote for Yuki
*ignores anti Yuki rant*
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbound
If I had to vote for only one it would have been Yuki. SF reading alien that'll take a spear to protect someone is pretty much the pinnacle of cool.
*me agrees*Yuukiiii Yuki is absolute win!
Yuki is the one I like the most. Super reliable person, the baseball episode was a good preview of how cool she is Yuki!!!Coollll!!>_<. And she's also caring and protective. Onee Chan Factor skyrocketed in episode 10Having a super reliable onee chan protect you is the best feeling after all. And at the end of the last episode:
"Will another one like Asakura attack me?....(ups, I mean)...?"
"Don't worry. I won't let them." Khyaaaaaa>_<
Onee Chan Factor skyrocketingX999^9
If I only had one vote, it would definitely be Yuki.

But I also like Mikuru and Asakura. *Is still traumatized by episode 10*, and a tearful Mikuru beam is completely irresistible after all. So I also voted for them since this is multiple.

I would also like to mention Haruhi, I came to like her a little. In the end of episode 9 when she laid her clothe on Kyon so he wouldn't freeze as much was a cute thing. It slightly bumped up her Onee Chan Factor, but it's nowhere near Yuki or Mikuru so I left out Haruhi.

And Itsuki. Oh wow, I personally think Itsuki helped make the movie in episode 1 so exceptional. His voice acting in the movie was exceptionally....LAME, I felt it was so brilliantly funny how lame he was in that movie I almost considered voting for him (well, not really but it was fun nonetheless)
Old 2006-07-07, 13:39   Link #45
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I wish I'd have voted Yuki and Asakura along with my other choices... *boohoo rant*
Old 2006-07-07, 13:46   Link #46
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
>_<;;
It's okay senpai! I can share my vote with you. We'll just say my Yuki vote was from me and my Asakura vote was from you
I'm sure it can work out.
Old 2006-07-07, 14:26   Link #47
Furudanuki

I had already put way too much thought into making my selections when it suddenly dawned on me that I should pay attention to the title of this poll. It isn't necessarily asking me to vote for characters who I thought were the most important, best developed, grew the most, hit most moe~ buttons, etc. - it is asking me to choose my "favorite" characters. That made it much easier! As with the first poll, I'm limiting myself to three votes:
  • Kyon - IMO, the success of the entire series hinged upon Kyon's role as observer and narrator. Great "everyman" character, and the voice acting was simply brilliant. He was a favorite from the start.
  • Yuki - Episode #4 locked her in as a favorite. Since then Yuki has ruled, rocked and conquered all opposition. "Don't worry. I won't let them."
  • Haruhi - I did not vote for her in the first poll (Mikuru held this place instead). Haruhi was obviously a great character, but her then-unexplained abusive behavior and arrogant demeanor in the early episodes kept her from being a favorite. But the last three episodes moved her onto the same level as Kyon and Yuki.
Honorable mentions go to: Tsuraya for pure unadulterated genki-ness, and Asakura for providing one of the biggest OMGWTF!! moments of the series.
Old 2006-07-07, 14:37   Link #48
Trowa

at first i liked Kyon but not enough to vote for him, but after all his reactions, comments and abuse from haruhi, he really grew on me
Haruhi, do i need another reason apart from plain awesome
Yuki, my fav character of the series, i liked her when she was quite and i think shes even better now that emotions are coming into play, plus the guitar bit truly sealed Yuki as a godess for me ^-^
Old 2006-07-07, 15:19   Link #49
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe
For me it was Yuki, Mikuru and Asakura.

Mikurubecause she is so cute and kind. Very high Onee Chan Factor. I liked the moments when she was with Kyon's little sister. Cute + timetravel ability + high Onee Chan Factor =>Vote from me
Of course, whenever things seem to get dangerous, her Onee Chan Factor drops below zero and she becomes a person you can't help wanting to protect.

Asakura because *me fears*. I have a weakness for cute girls with sharp weapons who can scare my eyes to the point of popping out. At first I also liked her because she was so caring and considering towards Haruhi, Asakura is a good and responsible class president after all (also + points). And I was really suprisingly excited in episode 10 when she was the one inviting Kyon to the after school meeting. Of course, the following incident with her also scared my eyes all the way to outer space *me still fears*. I wish she had a few more episodes...

*ignores anti Yuki rant*

*me agrees*Yuukiiii Yuki is absolute win!
Yuki is the one I like the most. Super reliable person, the baseball episode was a good preview of how cool she is Yuki!!!Coollll!!>_<. And she's also caring and protective. Onee Chan Factor skyrocketed in episode 10Having a super reliable onee chan protect you is the best feeling after all. And at the end of the last episode:
"Will another one like Asakura attack me?....(ups, I mean)...?"
"Don't worry. I won't let them." Khyaaaaaa>_<
Onee Chan Factor skyrocketingX999^9
If I only had one vote, it would definitely be Yuki.

But I also like Mikuru and Asakura. *Is still traumatized by episode 10*, and a tearful Mikuru beam is completely irresistible after all. So I also voted for them since this is multiple.

I would also like to mention Haruhi, I came to like her a little. In the end of episode 9 when she laid her clothe on Kyon so he wouldn't freeze as much was a cute thing. It slightly bumped up her Onee Chan Factor, but it's nowhere near Yuki or Mikuru so I left out Haruhi.

And Itsuki. Oh wow, I personally think Itsuki helped make the movie in episode 1 so exceptional. His voice acting in the movie was exceptionally....LAME, I felt it was so brilliantly funny how lame he was in that movie I almost considered voting for him (well, not really but it was fun nonetheless)

Wow, now I feel kind of bad trashing on your favorite character. Although I couldn't read any of, the point that you really like Yuki still came across.
Old 2006-07-07, 17:32   Link #50
Kikaifan
Blazing General

I totally would have voted for the Computer Society President if he had been an option. He was a pathetic bug being squashed by Haruhi when he appeared and a victim of Yuki's schemes (or whatever) in Mysterique Sign, but Day of Sagittarius made him the only person who has EVER tried to stand up to Haruhi's madness (not that I don't like Haruhi's character, but he still gets mega points for it). Even Kyon just tries to cajole her onto less dangerous paths. Okay, it was with a rigged game, backhanded and risk-minimizing, but even with such a cowardly strategy he manages to seem tragically gallant to me considering what he was up against.

Also, he was in the Character Crossrating thing that was... wherever I saw it. That has to mean he counts as a real character!
Old 2006-07-07, 17:38   Link #51
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yes, Arimfe was very passionate... though in a language I'm not familiar with

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-07-07 at 18:38.
Old 2006-07-07, 17:41   Link #52
abang brother
Vanessa Mae Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to abang brother Send a message via Yahoo to abang brother
the 2 aliens and tsuruya

Ryoko : She is cute ..
Yuki: cool babe
Tsuruya: funniest babe
Old 2006-07-07, 19:34   Link #53
sleeplessNites
being rock till senseless

Deprived of bed time, i had regretably failed to include Tsuruya on my check list.. If she is a sales person, i would have bought anything she sells blindly(begins drooling in fantasy world).
Old 2006-07-07, 21:11   Link #54
Forever
Revealing the truth

Voted for Yuki, mikuru, ryoko, haruhi

Suprisingly yuki is actually in the lead. I guess the past few episodes really upped her coolness factor. Well, given the increasing number of yuki avatars, i shouldnt be surprised....
Old 2006-07-07, 21:13   Link #55
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, even the author of the story, Tanigawa Nagaru, said his favourite character is Yuki. Its easy to see why, since she's giving her the most juicy scenes.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-07-07, 23:46   Link #56
The Silver Sky
New Newy Newbson

Location: Omaha, NE, USA, Earth, Solar System, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Universe
Send a message via MSN to The Silver Sky
My votes:

Suzumiya Haruhi: How could you not vote for her, she brought all the others together. Loveable but strange, weird but strangely makes sense. Many words could be used to describe her. Let's just say I'm glad she created the universe and not anyone else. And she definately picked the right guy.

Kyon: I mean come on, ya have to vote for the guy. Haruhi has dragged him ragged through hell and back wether she realizes it or not and he's still there, he could have easily left and said 'screw it, the world can end' but not only does he stay (although someone forced to once he learns the truth) but he goes out of his way for Haruhi (although his main interest seems to reside in Mikuru).

And besides that, he's basically the focus of the whole of the first episodes(in chronological order) and his narration is funny as hell. "Freud would have a field day with this!"

Shamisen: He's a cat, cats are cool, 'nough said.
Old 2006-07-08, 01:26   Link #57
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Yuki: Because episode 10 the fight with Asakura was just so awesome Yuki is da bomb and got my vote though I forgot to vot for Mikuru
Old 2006-07-08, 03:23   Link #58
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

1st Character Poll:
Haruhi, Yuki, Kyon, Tsuruya

2nd Character Poll:
Haruhi, Yuki, Kyon, Tsuruya

Haruhi
Haruhi's personality has developped nicely through the course of the show. There's just something so magnetic about her personality despite her megalomaniac ways. I attribute this to Episode 13 or Novel 1 - Chapter 6 since that's the first time I really loved Haruhi. If I could vote for her more than once, I'd do so without hesitation.

Yuki
It takes a lot of effort to make a character who's almost inanimate come alive. I've never really liked quiet characters with the hidden power to overpower without breaking a sweat, Rei Ayanami being the most notable culprit. However, for some reason, Yuki has become a really enjoyable character. Maybe it's because she does develop (albeit very slowly) into a more sociable and a more human character.

Kyon
His scathing sarcasm and overall realistic/cynical personality is the other dark energy in this show. I've really enjoyed laughing at his remarks and thoughts.

Tsuruya
The queen of Genki herself cannot be denied a vote . A very fun character to watch and is an awesome susbstitute source of energy when Haruhi isn't around.

So I've voted EXACTLY the same as I did before
Itsuki still bugs me, Mikuru is still one-dimensional, Kyon's side-kicks bounce off the story without making much of an impact, and Shamisen made no real appearance after episode 1. I guess it was relatively easy for me to choose , although I was tempted to vote for the ENOZ girls.

What I'm surprised about is Tsuruya ahead of Mikuru in the polls, I'd think all the Mikuru fans from the first poll would have supported her
Old 2006-07-08, 03:25   Link #59
lana3007
stuck-up feminist

My favorites still haven't changed since the beginning of the series. It's not like I haven't gotten to like other characters in the latter episode, but somehow their positions on my favorites chart kind of stayed the same. Though I stopped getting as annoyed at Mikuru as I used to be, but mostly cause I now feel sympathy for her, since I kind of got very simular treatment that she gets from Haruhi thanks to a friend of mine a few weeks ago.

As for the characters I voted for: still Kyon and Haruhi. Haruhi because I just love her insanity, it seems so random but at the same time there is method to her madness. And Kyon is still my hero for his sarcastic commentary. I think the two of them combined produced some of the most random/interesting lines I've ever heard in an anime.
Old 2006-07-08, 03:40   Link #60
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm already sensing the agonizing withdrawal symptoms from the other posters here. Need... more... Yuki... um, Haruhi .... uhhh, Mikuru ... (drowns in a vat of ENOZ)