AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-19, 04:13   Link #20081
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I could watch Aria all day
I should start downloading and see what's the hype all about. Whats the series' chronological order?

Quote:

Because Flags are made of GOD and WIN
I don't mind Flags, though my favorite is still Exia.

Quote:
We never did know her name do we?

*falls into despair*

Which Incho anyway? The shoutacon one?

Quote:
Chaos? Don't you know, Mai has a Chaos influence in her character, in fact she was inspired by it

And we've had enough visits from the Four Chaos Gods already
Actually I meant the demonic legions from Chaos Legion. Don't think they were ever used yet.

Spoiler for Thanatos:

Quote:
Yes you should
So many anime to watch, so little time. I still have to get the DVD version of the whole FMP series.

Quote:
Exactly. But watching them fruitlessly take each other down is the attraction... unless one of them gets distracted
Well, someone should start writing on that then.

Quote:
Yes, DO WANT
Deshou? I think there's some images of Ku Fei in cheongsam around...Dunno about Chao. Poor girl.

Quote:
Yup. Signum will always have the advantage against Mayura in combat, though caught in a close quarters battle Mayura does have a good chance at giving Signum hell. Besides, Mayura does have her quarterstaff and Tonfas as weapons should so required.
The differences in skill and rank are a lot though.

Quote:
Mayura: Shall I take lead?

Belkarangers pwned FA's head for 100 gold!
Belkarangers are Beyond Godlike! Somebody stop them!

Quote:
I thought so too. And I thought it'd be cool if SERGEI got OCfied
If only for his manliness eh?
Old 2008-02-19, 04:17   Link #20082
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Anyone ever thought of adding in the legions from Chaos Legion? (You know, taken in the Nanoha forums' context, that sounds so weird and wrong on so many levels. )
Chaos has his own legion already. Well somewhat. From Cataphracts to Destroyers up to Sipher and Loki.

Quote:
Bears?
Bear runs are suppose to refer a sluggish pace, in stock markets iirc.

Quote:
I actually want to see a continuation...*runs from Sturmfalke*
It's hard to balance between things. More so when there are so many distractions and the backlog threatens to drown you.

Quote:
Too many people underestimate staffs, and think it's a lousy weapon. Used right, she can turn bladed weapons away. Or she can use a barrier if someone closes in, Barrier Burst, and get back to a distance where she can start nuking again. There are lots of strategies for her. Though sometimes you might feel that melee is essential, you can always work around it with what you have. That said, making her at least not such in melee and to at least know how to use it to deflect attacks is not a bad idea. (whoa that came out longer than I thought....)
Reminds me of what I have planned for the fight with Katrina wielding her staff, Mastema, in the works. Sad to say it's even further along than others.

Quote:
Do it! We'll pay you anything! Like Chaos! Or Lowe's sexy Belkarangers! *sees 3 hot chicks charging down after long and elaborate henshin sequence*
Oh shi- *runs like hell*
I only ask for more time.

Quote:
Well you know, what comes next is what's fun.
You mean Aurion's response? Or what he does to the bound subdued young girls?

*RUNS*

Quote:
And who are Jag and Jat?
Part of the The Jacks, a team of hired-guns under the Prize that I created along the way as well.

Quote:
A quick one on the fly!? UNPOSSIBLE!!
Depends on how 'quick' Grandis is 'on the fly'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Ironically, I have something along those lines... well, sorta.

At any rate, here's the final two scenes of and the ED for Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Alpha. This is Episode 1: My Magical Incantation...

Spoiler for MSLN Alpha, Scenes VII and VIII:

Spoiler for ED: Koiji Romanesque:

Find the OP, ED, and all of Chapter one Here and Here.
[/QUOTE]

The tone does get darker with chapter but I'm liking it all. Vivio cutting herself to get Nanoha's attention, who is still unable to overcome the events of the past. Still, makes for better conflicts and drama later on. And traitor elements within the TSAB? Not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Leena: "Mou, I don't want to harrass your pilot, I just want her BURNING HEARTO~"
Franz & Glen: *facepalm*
Psycho: If Leena's doing anything it's with me. We're partners in harassing.
Leena: Oh, no, I don't harass girls.... I just bring them to new heights of pleasure. And let Psycho take seconds. *angelic smile*
Psycho: Indeed, this is our divine calling.... to blow shit up and to have much fun. *angelic smile*
Franz: *sighs* And the irony is that Psycho isn't a fan of the Aces. And that Leena is a girl."
Glen: I'm the only sane man in the Order.
Id: Ironic, huh?
Ah the dynamics of the OFM are undoubtedly awesome as always. And BURNING HEART 'Leeroy' Leena is always welcomed.

Quote:

Because Flags are made of GOD and WIN
It's the MAN behind it that makes it so.

Turing made the Flags? Or is he Prof-

*shot*

Quote:
I thought so too. And I thought it'd be cool if SERGEI got OCfied
OFM recruited from Earth?

Besides, we got TK the Bear here!

*runs like hell again*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
A nice retrospect for what's been happening in the Chaos. That part abot Lutecia was very natural as well.

Nice.
It's interesting to look at the under-used characters sometimes. My attempt at un-shafting, in this case Lutecia. It's nice to see my portrayals of Lutecia felt natural at least.

For the next part, a closer look at both Signum and Lutecia.

Quote:
Hayate, need mana-replenishment?!

XD XD XD That's a good one! Oh no, it's more about spellcasting...
Erm, sure.

good thing Aaron is innocent XD

Quote:
Well... We need a leader. Some rationale caused by events from the past... A group of planned protagonists for proper scaling of the threat to be used...

I'm interested. I'll give my input whenever I think I can.
Well backstory is always important for introduction of new elements.

Quote:
LOL!
Luckily I brought Jat at the end, otherwise..

Quote:
If you ask me, that's one of the more conclusive and still very-well done scenes I've seen yet...
Precisely so that the heartache becomes even more so. It's wonderfully pulled off at showing the heartache that it's pure .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Okay, time for tonights work.

Tonight is dogfight engagement part two. First duel exhange, Nanoha VS EDI.
I strung links to the intended BGM song I wrote for dogfights into it. And song cue points. (I've been writing the scene to the rhythm.)

Spoiler for White Demon VS Drone Killer:

Scene then cuts to Fate VS Crash fight (Yet to be written.) And it will continue with Cosmic Furball.

Oh, and in Soviet Russia, Spells name YOU!
The duo might have been a tad too wise with earth-style fighting but nothing I didn't enjoy.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-02-19, 04:21   Link #20083
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

You guys might like to know that I just patched Caro's post with this picture, for her barrier jacket when mounted inside Voltaire.

Yes Kagerou, t3h crack is strong with this one. Maybe you'd like to know that I chose the plug system because Voltaire is a big dragon masquerading as mecha, like the other big monster we know doing the same.

Hmm... I think we all know what Lutecia is gonna be wearing, and maybe Erio too!
Old 2008-02-19, 04:35   Link #20084
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
The duo might have been a tad too wise with earth-style fighting but nothing I didn't enjoy.
I don't get what you mean by 'earth-style fighting.'
Old 2008-02-19, 04:42   Link #20085
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I dunno. It doesn't compute.
Old 2008-02-19, 04:44   Link #20086
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
HOLY SHIT PAGE 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!

BROTHERS! WE HAVE MADE IT!
Quote:
Spoiler for ”Low Key Celebration”:

Congratulations OC

AND TORMENK WINS 20K!!!!!!! And with a scenario no less!!!!! AWESOME!!!!

MY BROTHERS!

WE MADE IT THIS FAR! BUT WE WON'T STOP NOW!
THE LIGHT OF OUR EMPEROR IS SHINING BRIGHT UPON US!!

LET THEM HIDE IN THE SHADOWS FOR THEY FEAR WHAT WE ARE!

THEY FEAR OUR COURAGE! THEY FEAR OUR VALOR!

THEY FEAR WHAT WE ARE CAPABLE DOING!

WE ARE STRONG! AND WITH EVERY NEW OC WE ARE GROWING STRONGER!!

POWER!! GLORY!! OUTER CADIA!!!

*storms down hill*

Gah! Damn driving away over the weekend and my birthday that is today... i'm missing all the fun thats going on here!
Old 2008-02-19, 04:49   Link #20087
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I'll just wait for Keroko to go ballistic at the inclusion of mecha into the Nanoha-verse.

-

So I've encountered another problem with writing my story, which is that I need to refer to some things which have, shall we say, inconvenient names.

Specifically, the Turing Test. (I might include the Drake Equation or the Kardashev scale later.) Basically, concepts and ideas which have a specific name set to them, but which should technically only make sense on Earth, as opposed to Midchilda.

This goes into rather basic things, sometimes: Newton's Laws of Motion. Murphy's Law, and the technically "correct" Finagle's Law. Hanlon's Razor. Occam's Razor.

I can think of four ways to deal with this:
  • Use the name anyway. This completely ignores the problem of how a random person on Midchilda can use a term from the 97th Non-Administered World and have it understood by the other random person he or she is talking to.
  • Use a made-up name. This makes more consistent sense, but is jarring and requires me to describe the concept at least the first time, so the reader knows what I'm talking about. This is also rather smeerp-like.
  • Explain the concept every time I bring it up. Unwieldy and exasperating.
  • "You know, there's a term for this on the 97th Non-Administered World..." How the heck did so many things on Midchilda develop in parallel to ours and not have an equivalent or close basic principle? Also, to avoid playing favourites, I have to come up with more terms for the other worlds; otherwise it would seem that Earth is the only planet with any sort of codified scientific knowledge.

I'm not happy with any of the choices. Currently I'm using choice one (using the names anyway, and pretending that it's a "translation"), but it just makes no sense.
Old 2008-02-19, 04:52   Link #20088
Aaron008R

Quote:
I think its rather unrealistic to cast spells like Starlight Breaker, without cartridges, by 200% faster. Though I suppose other spells like Axel shooter and such should be no problem. That being said, is Hayate good at control? If she is, then she'll be more than just a long range nuker IMO.
I mean 200% time. I.E.
Nanoha = 30 seconds
hayate = 1 minute

And I think I'm dropping those that need control. I'll be using aim=>shoot attacks.

Quote:
I'm sure some spells casts inherently faster than most, and don't require extra channeling or catridges. So I guess its alright to say she can cast say, Divine Buster, at the same speed Nanoha can.
Maybe...

Quote:
Too many people underestimate staffs, and think it's a lousy weapon. Used right, she can turn bladed weapons away. Or she can use a barrier if someone closes in, Barrier Burst, and get back to a distance where she can start nuking again. There are lots of strategies for her. Though sometimes you might feel that melee is essential, you can always work around it with what you have. That said, making her at least not such in melee and to at least know how to use it to deflect attacks is not a bad idea. (whoa that came out longer than I thought....)
Thanks.

Quote:
Wow long rant is long. Like I said earlier, its easy to justify how one doesn't need melee skills. But its not hard to pickup enough of it to not suck at it. Use thine author's freedom! Aaron-kun!!! *beams*
I will!

Quote:

At any rate, here's the final two scenes of and the ED for Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Alpha. This is Episode 1: My Magical Incantation...

Nice. Though Vivio's action really takes the show... And it looks like Fate had been imaginig something, huh? The drama is good. MOAR please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
And to round off the squad, it's time for the ONLY LEGAL MECHA PILOT of StrikerS!

LIGHTNING-04
Rebuilt of Caro

Spoiler for pic:

All hail RyuOhKi!!!

Spoiler for Caro, Princess of Voltaire:
Whiffy.
Caro's great! Not much crack with the spell-list. And her system is still relatively the same...

Only two gripes, though.

1) Aurion can take Liana's health drink, unlike Ingram to Kusuha's. And I want him to be able to take Caro's too. It's fine, right? :3

2) PLUG SUIT?!?!?! VOLTAIRE IS NOT AN EVA!!!

Quote:
And no, I’m not gonna spoil the moves of Ampere, Shin-Voltaire, Ampaire, Voltere, Shin-Ampaire or Shin-Voltere.
Do you need to?

Quote:

*RUNS*
<sigh>... -_-

Oh well... :3

How many times have I reacted like this already?

Quote:
Enemy? -_-

Quote:
Erm, sure.

Oh yes, I'm innocent. Fate/Stay Night had an interesting story, don't you think? I read the summary on wiki...

<preps Tyrfing version HAXX>

Start running. -_-

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2008-02-19, 05:25   Link #20089
Tormenk

Quote:
And to round off the squad, it's time for the ONLY LEGAL MECHA PILOT of StrikerS!

LIGHTNING-04
Rebuilt of Caro

Spoiler for pic:

All hail RyuOhKi!!!

Whiffy.

It's official; Lightning Squad is my favorite, with Kha's waifu Fate (), Lamia Signum Loveless, Kha's little boy Erio and the non-Tomino talented female mecha pilot summoner Caro!

Health warning: Caro’s drinks are good for you.

There seems to be the other side of the Sigro crack.

And no, I’m not gonna spoil the moves of Ampere, Shin-Voltaire, Ampaire, Voltere, Shin-Ampaire or Shin-Voltere.
How did I miss this?

I was thinking Caro would be the least crack-filled but oh well.

Caro herself is great, complete with the Kha-tastic touch. Voltaire on the other hand..

Quote:
Actually I meant the demonic legions from Chaos Legion. Don't think they were ever used yet.

Spoiler for Thanatos:
Best version of Thanatos I have seen yet. *saves*

Quote:
You guys might like to know that I just patched Caro's post with this picture, for her barrier jacket when mounted inside Voltaire.

Yes Kagerou, t3h crack is strong with this one. Maybe you'd like to know that I chose the plug system because Voltaire is a big dragon masquerading as mecha, like the other big monster we know doing the same.

Hmm... I think we all know what Lutecia is gonna be wearing, and maybe Erio too!
Oi oi, Erio and Lutecia too?

Quote:
I don't get what you mean by 'earth-style fighting.'
They have trained in tatics and combat but reading about them fight is more like a experienced earth soldier who learnt the ropes of magic combat later. Even with their backgrounds of having lived on earth and being combat personnel at one point or another, I don't see the TSAB implementing routines and practices that would mirror earth so closely, even with some of the examples shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I dunno. It doesn't compute.
Simplified version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
MY BROTHERS!

WE MADE IT THIS FAR! BUT WE WON'T STOP NOW!
THE LIGHT OF OUR EMPEROR IS SHINING BRIGHT UPON US!!

LET THEM HIDE IN THE SHADOWS FOR THEY FEAR WHAT WE ARE!

THEY FEAR OUR COURAGE! THEY FEAR OUR VALOR!

THEY FEAR WHAT WE ARE CAPABLE DOING!

WE ARE STRONG! AND WITH EVERY NEW OC WE ARE GROWING STRONGER!!

POWER!! GLORY!! OUTER CADIA!!!

*storms down hill*

Gah! Damn driving away over the weekend and my birthday that is today... i'm missing all the fun thats going on here!
The call is strong! And don't worry, the fun looks to be still on-going.

Quote:

<sigh>... -_-

Oh well... :3

How many times have I reacted like this already?

Enemy? -_-

Oh yes, I'm innocent. Fate/Stay Night had an interesting story, don't you think? I read the summary on wiki...

Start running. -_-
Aaron is scary in this post.

I'll drop it with the teases and stay off any in the future. Frankly, some of the jokes have been long-running enough that it's proving to be a knee-jerk reaction sometimes.

I'll get back to serious business but meanwhile..

"This is an automated message and the device will explode after 10 seconds of activation. Thank you and have a nice day. "

Old 2008-02-19, 05:39   Link #20090
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Caro's great! Not much crack with the spell-list. And her system is still relatively the same...

Only two gripes, though.

1) Aurion can take Liana's health drink, unlike Ingram to Kusuha's. And I want him to be able to take Caro's too. It's fine, right? :3

2) PLUG SUIT?!?!?! VOLTAIRE IS NOT AN EVA!!!
1. OK, cos I thought he was like Prisken.

2. Well not exactly like it, imagine a female skirt sentai character. So in that style, tighten her current barrier jacket over a pink version of Asuka's plugsuit. That's what I thought.

Quote:

Start running. -_-
What took you so long, Aaron? I chose Fate because of it.

And in Rebuilt, Kha gets to give mana replenishment to Nanoha, Keroko (circuit repair) and Fate (Kor Fuzion).

*RUNS*

@Tormenk: Voltaire reminded me of RyuOhKi and Eva-01, so why hold back?

Well Lutecia's got her own summon creature (what's the name?) and Erio's getting Ampere in future.
Old 2008-02-19, 05:54   Link #20091
Aaron008R

Quote:
1. OK, cos I thought he was like Prisken.
Thanks.:3

Quote:
2. Well not exactly like it, imagine a female skirt sentai character. So in that style, tighten her current barrier jacket over a pink version of Asuka's plugsuit. That's what I thought.
Okay...

BTW, all modern sentai females have skirts. The Power Rangers series just turned the male yellows into females so the ported-over footage had most yellows look like guys because the original japanese suit actors were guys...>_>

Quote:

And in Rebuilt, Kha gets to give mana replenishment to Nanoha, Keroko (circuit repair) and Fate (Kor Fuzion).

*RUNS*
Before I let the others kill you with the morality hammer, I knew the story long before. I just mentioned it now. I never played the game and very well can't and not going to unless they translate the PS2 version, so I just read the summary.

I see Hayate's still safe, huh? Good, good...

Anyway, vomvoyage! Kha. It was nice knowing you!

<aims Tyrfing in Gewehrform>

FIYAAAAA!!!!

Quote:
Well Lutecia's got her own summon creature (what's the name?) and Erio's getting Ampere in future.
As far as I know, there is no bug Choukijin...

BTW, some crack just hit me...

Here's Aurion's relationship data with the Stars Forwards from the revamped profile... This is filled with a little crack and my own little take at the latest chapter of the manga, except that this happens after the final battle...

Spoiler for Length:

OC Profiles
Old 2008-02-19, 06:13   Link #20092
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Thanks.:3
Funny... I think surviving Caro's drinks, infused with Liana's essence and reinforced by Chao's crack Tang (The Chinese magical school, not t3h Tang from Eva) tonics, make Aurion h4xx!

Quote:
Okay...

BTW, all modern sentai females have skirts. The Power Rangers series just turned the male yellows into females so the ported-over footage had most yellows look like guys because the original japanese suit actors were guys...>_>
You gotta learn something everyday.

Quote:
Before I let the others kill you with the morality hammer, I knew the story long before. I just mentioned it now. I never played the game and very well can't and not going to unless they translate the PS2 version, so I just read the summary.

FIYAAAAA!!!!
Oh it's because Hayate is SHAFTED! HA SHAFTED!

Just so you know, it's the other way round for Hayate! See what the girl really is like inside! Cos it's a TWINS TRAIT!

Grandis will be SHOCKED by the ferocity of this TIGRESS!

*begins to be surrounded by flames*

Ahaha... Hahaha... HAHAHA...!

*dissolves*

PS: Since I was gonna die, I'll just take someone along with me. ^^

Quote:
And that's a good thing. I'm up to my eyeballs with all the future ErioCaro Shin-Voltere crack, no need to throw in another Choukijin...

Unless Lowe and Nighty want to contribute?
Quote:

Here's Aurion's relationship data with the Stars Forwards from the revamped profile... This is filled with a little crack and my own little take at the latest chapter of the manga, except that this happens after the final battle...

Spoiler for Length:
...this is crack?

<---- has used crack for too long, so borderline crack has no effect.
Old 2008-02-19, 06:19   Link #20093
Aaron008R

Quote:
Funny... I think surviving Caro's drinks, infused with Liana's essence and reinforced by Chao's crack Tang (The Chinese magical school, not t3h Tang from Eva) tonics, make Aurion h4xx!

Touche. He's still HAXX that is not HAXX, right?

Quote:
You gotta learn something everyday.

Quote:

Just so you know, it's the other way round for Hayate! See what the girl really is like inside! Cos it's a TWINS TRAIT!

*dissolves*

Hmhm. Experiencing death tends to draw out people's true colors.

Quote:
And that's a good thing. I'm up to my eyeballs with all the future ErioCaro Shin-Voltere crack, no need to throw in another Choukijin...

Unless Lowe and Nighty want to contribute?

Quote:
...this is crack?

<---- has used crack for too long, so borderline crack has no effect.
At least to you, it's not...>.>

OC Profiles
Old 2008-02-19, 06:23   Link #20094
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

It's all from me, Aaron.

Quote:
Hmhm. Experiencing death tends to draw out people's true colors.
Pleasure from pain.

*runs back to corpse and rezzes*
Old 2008-02-19, 06:29   Link #20095
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
SO YOU'RE REALLY GOING THRU WITH IT?!?!?!

Mind sharing some details with me? >.>
Actually, none of Ala Altra even know they are Ala Altra. >_<

In a sense, it's kinda Aurion and Zerstro had a short stint together by chance of Aurion being a temporary technician and Zerstro going undercover TSAB somewhere where it wouldn't stand out which was unknowingly caught up in something and they helped each other out for a while.

And since they're never actually seen together in the TSAB camp TOGETHER all of them at most 2 at a time... since all of them are in different departments, so all sightings are out in the field. Though some people involved know which is supposed to be Ala Altra, no one ever found out who all the members are.

And all that myths and rumors bloated up their 'supposed' existence into a small legend in that particular world, which is later made even more popular there by a supposed 'true story' with input by people in that conflict (( and some not )) which dramatizes the whole story in the novel "Tales of Black Wing" aka "Ala Altra Fabella."

If/when Aurion found out...

Aurion: Wait a sec, it never happened like that. -_-;

Quote:
Aurion: What does that got to do with this?!
They're afraid of sekuhaurion.

Quote:
...Jag: A virgin? *points to walking-by Gen* That's one.

Vita: What's a non-virgin?

Jag: Oh non-virgin? *points to Katrina* That's one.

Vita: So what's the difference?

Jag: Well for that we need a couple for demonstration. Your meister and her boyfriend will do nicely.

Vita : All right.

Vita: Hayate. Could you bring Grandis along? The two of you are needed for a demonstration.

Hayate: Okay.

Hayate: So what is this demonstration about?

Grandis: I would like to know for one as well.

Jag: *wriggling fingers* Let the demonstration begin.. *whacked on the head from behind*

Jat: Up to your usual tricks again. *shoulders her rifle* Sorry for the trouble he's caused. *walks off dragging Jag behind her*

Jag: Demo..stration..urgh

Jat: DEMONSTRATE THIS! *kicks Jag up and whacks him in the head again*

Jag: Oooooo.

Grandis: What was that all about.

Vita: Hayate what's a virgin?

Hayate: Eeep!

*RUNS OFF-PLANET*

Quote:
I'm sensing a Mellisa Mao VS Kurz...
We all know who the victor is...

Spoiler for latest novel:

*runs*

Quote:
AMAZONESS!!!!!!

*ehem*

Although wouldn't Koryuoh be in the possession of Chrono?
Only when I see Chrono going Bruce Lee with nunchunks.

That aside, the only tiger canonically is Precia's familiar.

Quote:
And some more from CLANNAD, but applied as a trailer:
This was funny. Really. Tomoyo = Keroko is one funny thought, simply because it brings up the question who's Sunohara.

<-- *ships Sunomoyo in the anime. Really, Kyoto Animation should've somehow, someway change aspects of Tomoyo's route, Mei's route and Sunohara's route combined and replace Tomoya with Sunohara in Tomoyo's route, rather than that cop-out.*

I'll take Okazaki Tomoya divided by 2 as well, like KimiKiss.

Quote:
I think its rather unrealistic to cast spells like Starlight Breaker, without cartridges, by 200% faster. Though I suppose other spells like Axel shooter and such should be no problem. That being said, is Hayate good at control? If she is, then she'll be more than just a long range nuker IMO.
It's slower. And since her long-distance sucks ass, I doubt she has good control either.

Which is mildly annoying. In the A's manga, Nanoha made an effort to improve mobility upon seeing her own advantages and strength in power, etc. Hayate pretty much 'lol I'm good in this, that's enough.'

Quote:
I would have thought Hayate still prefers to read fairy tales.
Hayate was Special Investigations, checking up on strange rumors and sorts is part of her job as well. This constitutes as half-job. =P

Quote:

Oooh, epic family drama. Can't get enough of them, and you write them damn well, it almost feels like something out of RAID SLASH's emo-style.

Speaking of which, how Yuuno's relationship with Vivio in Alpha canon anyway?

Quote:

LIGHTNING-04
Rebuilt of Caro

All hail RyuOhKi!!!

Whiffy.

It's official; Lightning Squad is my favorite, with Kha's waifu Fate (), Lamia Signum Loveless, Kha's little boy Erio and the non-Tomino talented female mecha pilot summoner Caro!

-_- -__- -___- -____- -______-

It was fine... until the lulz mecha part. That was seriously crack. I can almost accept if you say Voltaire has some sort of jewel on his head in which Caro is required to offer her conscious by floating unconscious there, Voltaire's strength and will obeying her mental link, but actually piloting is...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-02-19, 06:46   Link #20096
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Crap! How could I miss all teh fun of breaking the 20K barrier? I'm so disappointed with myself.

But no matter!!

WE SHALL PIERCE THE THREADS WITH OUR KEYBOARDS AND GO BEYOND TOMORROW!!!!

Congratulations, brother. Now let us move on.

==============

Quote:
Spoiler for GenerationS Hayate:
Reminds me of this RPG I used to play when I was still a newbie.

===========

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
MAHOU SHOUJO KALEIDO-SOFY, KENZAN!!! ^_^

Kha! I did it! I did it!

21STE DREI-KEITEN 02
Rebuilt of Sophia

COMING SOON! ^_^
I will be waiting for the full profile.

=============

Quote:
Spoiler for Promises of Today part I:

EDIT: Kinda cheap but hey I want this 20k get.

And not forgetting..

"THIS! IS! OUTER CADIA!!!!!!!!!!"

"ORE TACHI WO, DARE DA TO OMOTTE YAGARU?!"
Awesome story! And congratulations for the 20K GET!!!

=============

Quote:
Spoiler for ”Low Key Celebration”:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
20,000... BREAK.

500... BREAK.

And yet the road is still infinite.

Spoiler for OVER 20,000!!!!!!!!:

Indeed, who do we think we are??!!

================

Quote:
LIGHTNING-04
Rebuilt of Caro

All hail RyuOhKi!!!

Spoiler for space:

The mention of RyuOhKi, Gun x Sword (cue music) and TEH HEALTH DRINK makes me go and

So does this mean Kusuha Caro only needs to use her tonic to win the battle? .

Well, no crack from me, but be sure to get ready for my OC remake sometimes in the future.

*salutes the thread and everyone*
Old 2008-02-19, 06:57   Link #20097
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
So...

Right Keroko-kun?

@Thread: So....nothing new since I've been gone? Because I see some new members (Anita for example >.>) and MANY new OCs >.>
It's not my fault! Things were quiet before the 20k rush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Arcas: If I told you I did, then what?

Keroko-chan:
*a dark aura apears around Keroko* Then I'll have to re-eductate you.

Arcas:
O-oi, wait, wait!

*the camera pans out as Keroko-chan advances on Arcas, while at the same time, many Air Force mages feel a chill run down their spine*

Wes: ... Did you feel that?

Tycho:
Yes, like a single voice crying out in terror, before suddenly stopping.

The Air Force mages prayed for the poor soul that had just insulted instructor Takamachi Keroko's teachings.

(Bad move Arcas, Keroko takes neglecting her teachings much more violently then Nanoha. )

Quote:
Geez! If you're just having fun with me, say so! And here I thought you were serious!

(Do forgive me - I tend to take things a little too personally.)
Sorry, sorry.

Quote:
Always villifyingly classy isn't he?
Of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Bakura? An external faction? Sure why not. Maybe I'll use those scientists that were torturing experimenting on Agito.
Yes, Bakura, an evil unision device from the Ancient Belkan Empire, he enjoys taking over his targets and using them to cause chaos.

Quote:
I know. And I understand that. However, even though not specializing is no problem, at all; having no capability and practice just in case is not. More so since 'Aurion' is the one who'll be charging her head-on. And besides, I've already mapped-out a list of rationales for Hayate's further improvement, both personal and professional. It's not like I'm trying to make her adapt to everything, oh no. But I'm just injecting some practicality and a bit of my own flair for the sake of my story. Well, she DID decide for back-support because that's where she fits best. And I accept that. BUT being back-support while being helpless on her own, i.e. the battle's lost when her guardians are down, that I CANNOT accept! She is a back-attacker and always will be, but that doesn't mean she has to be limited to the basic idea for the rest of her life!(Note: GenerationS is 2 years after StrikerS) It may sound a bit too personal, but I believe that one shouldn't waste potential just like that. This isn't an RPG where the amount of stats are limited so you can only specialize in one or at most two factors while being essentially zero in others factors. And she'll more than hell need it for my story, since there WILL be more than one occations that she'll be forced to fend for herself without Rein. The very first example is the mock battle against Aurion. you think he'll go easy with her just because of their closeness or her lack of specialization? Oh no, he'll maul her down if she can't hold out. She's NOT practicing for forward offense. She's practicing for off-chance defense in closer engagements in order to gain distance and do what she does best, nuking.

Whew...

And besides, I'm using a bit of author-freedom as well...

Is it okay? Is it fine?
Not at all, like we've said in the past, if canon refuses to propperly develop Hayate, we will. I mean, even Nanoha, who also focusses on ranged attacks, can fend of Signum in a one-on-one.

Quote:
Aaron: Keroko... Blunt as Tesla, aren't we...
Where do you think she got it?

Quote:
(Oh man, this is great! Grandis, Keroko-chan AND Tesla would surely get along well!)
Perfect.

Quote:

Interesting for YOU, maybe! To me, this is like character harassment and assassination!

Honestly, I'm TRYING to be patient with all of this; but I'm getting tired of it - and pretty soon I don't think I'll have any choice but to call in the Mods to haul the rest of you back. Playful teasing this is not - not any more, not to me.
Whoa, whoa, no need to call in the nukes for something so trivial, besides there's a very simple way to stop all of this: Don't reply. Like how I was tempted to reply to the disregarding of Nanoha and Yuuno bathing together in the image thread, but didn't in order to avoid a ship war.

Quote:
"MY-?"

lol Shana vibe from the urusai. This makes you Yuji?

*runs*
Vita seems more the 'Urusee' type to me. Small difference in the pronouncing, but I think it fits her better.

Quote:
Jag: A virgin? *points to walking-by Gen* That's one.

Vita: What's a non-virgin?

Jag: Oh non-virgin? *points to Katrina* That's one.

Vita: So what's the difference?

Jag: Well for that we need a couple for demonstration. Your meister and her boyfriend will do nicely.

Vita : All right.

Vita: Hayate. Could you bring Grandis along? The two of you are needed for a demonstration.

Hayate: Okay.

Hayate: So what is this demonstration about?

Grandis: I would like to know for one as well.

Jag: *wriggling fingers* Let the demonstration begin.. *whacked on the head from behind*

Jat: Up to your usual tricks again. *shoulders her rifle* Sorry for the trouble he's caused. *walks off dragging Jag behind her*

Jag: Demo..stration..urgh

Jat: DEMONSTRATE THIS! *kicks Jag up and whacks him in the head again*

Jag: Oooooo.

Grandis: What was that all about.

Vita: Hayate what's a virgin?

Hayate: Eeep!

*RUNS OFF-PLANET*
Win!

Quote:
...you forgot about the existence of Leena.

*runs*
Well... not life threatening danger at any rate.

Quote:
No more mass-produced Frames... Field Fighters sounds just as good...

*crosses off several ideas*

I'll just heck the explanations and have the Cleric-knights wear Knight Armor made to look like Gundam. Flashy, plate armored and fanservicy cool.

But I'd like to keep the transforming Aibamashin, since they were made using Bellerophon's data.
Thank you.

Quote:

Griffith: Hey Tes, how did you find Kane's Wrath?

Tesla: (wakes up) Huh? Wha?

Griff: You... feel asleep sitting up?

Tes: Eh?! Ah no I just drifted off. Been playing it all night! ...

Grif: I see. Answers my question then. (Thank goodness you like it.) Ja! (walks off)

Tes: Ja... (thinks quietly) What the heck was that dream about Keroko the size of a chibi vap-ping Mammoths in a desert...?

Oh dear, Keroko-tan is invading Tesla's mind.

Quote:
The Limiter Break systems I've been introducing have been disguised Bankai...

So, pretty much yes, just need to make sure it doesn't turn into a real robot fest.
Right... I have this funny feeling I'm going to have to call back on you on that.

Quote:
Actually if you ask me, I can't make out what Hayate thinks from that face. Looks like self-loath for not knowing how to defend herself there.
To me, that face is not serious at all.

Quote:
And some more from CLANNAD, but applied as a trailer:

Spoiler for Cente Gravia:
This is a short version of the trailer. I'll do a fuller one when I can get the time.
Keroko... as Tomoyo? Computes!

Quote:

THIS

SCENARIO

MUST

HAPPEN!!!!!

*runs with MARV*
You mean Tesla and Griffith gaming? Or Tesla dreaming of Keroko-tan?

Quote:

Spoiler for ED: Koiji Romanesque:

Find the OP, ED, and all of Chapter one Here and Here.
And Fate makes her entrance, giving a mental boost to Vivio. I liked that scene. Mystery and intrigue also hits with the bad guys apearing on traditional non-identity revealing ways.

Quote:

LIGHTNING-04
Rebuilt of Caro

Spoiler:

All hail RyuOhKi!!!

[SPOILER="Caro, Princess of Voltaire"]-snip-
When I started this, I thought 'wow, this profile is surprisingly devoid of crack'

Then I came to the mecha part, and realized I jinxed it.

Remember that firm line I drew? You just stepped over it. Voltaire is a summoned creature, not a mecha. Hell, even Nighty's jewel thing sounds better then going 'lol, mecha'

Quote:

*RUNS*
Pray do tell we are not talking about F/SN mana replenishing methods, are we?

Quote:

Spoiler for Length:
Not nearly as crackish as you suggest. In fact, I quite like it.

Quote:
This was funny. Really. Tomoyo = Keroko is one funny thought, simply because it brings up the question who's Sunohara.

<-- *ships Sunomoyo in the anime. Really, Kyoto Animation should've somehow, someway change aspects of Tomoyo's route, Mei's route and Sunohara's route combined and replace Tomoya with Sunohara in Tomoyo's route, rather than that cop-out.*

Sunomoyo... now that I think about it, that is somethingI'd like to see.
Old 2008-02-19, 07:40   Link #20098
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I always thought of Voltaire as Dragon Godzilla. Hence I am not comfortable with lol mechvoltaire lol at all.
Old 2008-02-19, 07:55   Link #20099
Tormenk

Quick look around for the night..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I'll just wait for Keroko to go ballistic at the inclusion of mecha into the Nanoha-verse.

-

So I've encountered another problem with writing my story, which is that I need to refer to some things which have, shall we say, inconvenient names.

Specifically, the Turing Test. (I might include the Drake Equation or the Kardashev scale later.) Basically, concepts and ideas which have a specific name set to them, but which should technically only make sense on Earth, as opposed to Midchilda.

This goes into rather basic things, sometimes: Newton's Laws of Motion. Murphy's Law, and the technically "correct" Finagle's Law. Hanlon's Razor. Occam's Razor.

I can think of four ways to deal with this:
  • Use the name anyway. This completely ignores the problem of how a random person on Midchilda can use a term from the 97th Non-Administered World and have it understood by the other random person he or she is talking to.
  • Use a made-up name. This makes more consistent sense, but is jarring and requires me to describe the concept at least the first time, so the reader knows what I'm talking about. This is also rather smeerp-like.
  • Explain the concept every time I bring it up. Unwieldy and exasperating.
  • "You know, there's a term for this on the 97th Non-Administered World..." How the heck did so many things on Midchilda develop in parallel to ours and not have an equivalent or close basic principle? Also, to avoid playing favourites, I have to come up with more terms for the other worlds; otherwise it would seem that Earth is the only planet with any sort of codified scientific knowledge.

I'm not happy with any of the choices. Currently I'm using choice one (using the names anyway, and pretending that it's a "translation"), but it just makes no sense.
Why not 2? The smeerp-ness and explanation will be for the first time anyway.

Quote:

Not too sure what's RyuOhKi() but it sure sounds like ZeroGohKi(Unit Zero). And as much as a Eva fan I am, it still is very weird.

And Lutecia's mega-summon is Hakutenoh.

Quote:

Spoiler for Length:
Well even if it it is, it's very mild. Besides it fits in well. Some fine-tuning never hurt.

Besides in my latest CC crack-sessions, Genya moves in to hit on Nove in front of Ginga!

*RUNS*

Quote:

In a sense, it's kinda Aurion and Zerstro had a short stint together by chance of Aurion being a temporary technician and Zerstro going undercover TSAB somewhere where it wouldn't stand out which was unknowingly caught up in something and they helped each other out for a while.

And since they're never actually seen together in the TSAB camp TOGETHER all of them at most 2 at a time... since all of them are in different departments, so all sightings are out in the field. Though some people involved know which is supposed to be Ala Altra, no one ever found out who all the members are.

And all that myths and rumors bloated up their 'supposed' existence into a small legend in that particular world, which is later made even more popular there by a supposed 'true story' with input by people in that conflict (( and some not )) which dramatizes the whole story in the novel "Tales of Black Wing" aka "Ala Altra Fabella."

So that's how Aurion met the Ala Altra.

Quote:

*runs*
AND HE SCORES!

Quote:
Only when I see Chrono going Bruce Lee with nunchunks.

That aside, the only tiger canonically is Precia's familiar.
Wasn't Linith a lion?

Quote:

Though I wonder who can share the dynamics of the relationship between Keroko and her uke partner. Since it does involve a fair of amount of pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Crap! How could I miss all teh fun of breaking the 20K barrier? I'm so disappointed with myself.

But no matter!!

Indeed we shall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Not at all, like we've said in the past, if canon refuses to propperly develop Hayate, we will. I mean, even Nanoha, who also focusses on ranged attacks, can fend of Signum in a one-on-one.
That fight was brutal even though it was only one frame.

Quote:
Vita seems more the 'Urusee' type to me. Small difference in the pronouncing, but I think it fits her better.
Oh yeah. That's how she says it.

Quote:
Sunomoyo... now that I think about it, that is somethingI'd like to see.
Not as much as I want to see more of TomoyoxTomoya, especially after reading the Tomoyo After manga.

Old 2008-02-19, 08:10   Link #20100
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:

LIGHTNING-04
Rebuilt of Caro

All hail RyuOhKi!!!

Whiffy.

I agree with Keroko on this one. Everything was great, till the mecha Voltaire part.

Quote:
Chaos has his own legion already. Well somewhat. From Cataphracts to Destroyers up to Sipher and Loki.
We could always give it a different name. I might even suggest to PF to use them as the Boss level monster for his 'minions'.

Quote:
Bear runs are suppose to refer a sluggish pace, in stock markets iirc.
Hmm...a finance term huh? Something new to learn.

Quote:
It's hard to balance between things. More so when there are so many distractions and the backlog threatens to drown you.
Polytechnic school proving more taxing than first thought?

Quote:
Reminds me of what I have planned for the fight with Katrina wielding her staff, Mastema, in the works. Sad to say it's even further along than others.
Don't worry. At least you do put out something now and then. Unlike me. I'm too lazy. Need to manage my time better.

Quote:
I only ask for more time.
Take as long as you like. Just don't come back like 5 years later.

Quote:

*RUNS*
Both I suppose.

Quote:
Part of the The Jacks, a team of hired-guns under the Prize that I created along the way as well.
Oh, kinda forgot about them.

Quote:
That would be so wrong.

Quote:
It's interesting to look at the under-used characters sometimes. My attempt at un-shafting, in this case Lutecia. It's nice to see my portrayals of Lutecia felt natural at least.

For the next part, a closer look at both Signum and Lutecia.
Tormenk, resident shaft repair man.

Quote:
Erm, sure.

I'm sure we've already establish that quite some time ago.

Quote:
I mean 200% time. I.E.
Nanoha = 30 seconds
hayate = 1 minute

And I think I'm dropping those that need control. I'll be using aim=>shoot attacks.
Hmm...so possession of huge mana pool causes her to be bad at controlling them? Makes sense. So if that's the case, make her use Bloody Daggers! (have always loved how cool that name sounds)

Quote:
Maybe...
Up to you though. My justification is, since its just pouring mana into the spell and firing, it shouldn't be a problem. And unison mode with Rein should further enhance her casting speed.

Quote:
Thanks.
And further proof that you are the #1 Hayate fan on the net is that you haven't change that siggy you have since forever.

Quote:
I will!
Yosha!

Quote:

Start running. -_-
I'm surprised you didn't know about that yet. *runs as well*

Quote:
Best version of Thanatos I have seen yet. *saves*
God-level Thanatos. Never got it myself in the game since it needed insane amounts of souls to upgrade.

Quote:
Aaron is scary in this post.

I'll drop it with the teases and stay off any in the future. Frankly, some of the jokes have been long-running enough that it's proving to be a knee-jerk reaction sometimes.

I'll get back to serious business but meanwhile..

"This is an automated message and the device will explode after 10 seconds of activation. Thank you and have a nice day. "
Boom!

Quote:

*RUNS*
You wouldn't want to have the various OCs running after you right?

Quote:

You do know how some here don't like the idiot of giant mecha right? Or heck, mecha all together.

Quote:

FIYAAAAA!!!!
Heh, I doubt they'd ever translate the game into English. A visual novel on a console feels weird after all, and unlike the Japanese other people might not buy into the whole concept.

Quote:

Spoiler for Length:
Very nice. But didn't Erio and Caro also participated in the investigations as well?

Quote:

*dissolves*

I went for a moment there. Speechless.

Quote:

So Ala Altra is not even affiliated with the TSAB?

Quote:
They're afraid of sekuhaurion.

Quote:

*runs*
Holy shi- :t witch:

Which novel is this? Is it translated? I only read up to FMP: COMO.

Quote:

Well who knows it might become Sunohara x Tomoyo pretty soon?

Quote:
It's slower. And since her long-distance sucks ass, I doubt she has good control either.

Which is mildly annoying. In the A's manga, Nanoha made an effort to improve mobility upon seeing her own advantages and strength in power, etc. Hayate pretty much 'lol I'm good in this, that's enough.'
Yeah. It does get annoying. The justification was that Hayate decided to be a leader rather than be at the frontlines, so improving her combat skills didn't seem that important. Weak, I know. That's 7arcs for you.

Quote:
Hayate was Special Investigations, checking up on strange rumors and sorts is part of her job as well. This constitutes as half-job. =P
So will one of them pick up the weird habit of inventing weird attack names?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post

But no matter!!

I missed it myself. Don't feel bad.