AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 32.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 26.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 18.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 12.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.36%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.84%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.84%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.84%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-08, 07:24   Link #41
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

OMG! LUCKY STAR PARODY!!! GAHH!! Going CRAZY!! THIS EPISODE IS SO AWESOME!
Old 2008-12-08, 07:57   Link #42
Molenir

I really enjoyed the episode, even while I hated pretty much all the songs. Well, except for Tsugumi's. Hers was good, and the way she sang it was cute too. Like the previous poster, loved seeing the cast from Lucky Star. Hopefully the ED will be back to what it normally is next week though. The supermarket ad, while fitting considering the theme of the show, just isn't nearly as good as the normal ED.
Old 2008-12-08, 08:23   Link #43
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

And they have to use a supermarket theme song as the ED. Lovely.

Tsugumi is so adorable! She is seriously so sweet. And if you see the opening scene, it is exactly the same layout as the karaoke lounge used by the Lucky Star girls.

I wish Nagi would sing Parallel Days from TMHS instead, and Tsugumi sings Yuki, Muon Madobe Nite.
Old 2008-12-08, 09:42   Link #44
hai_san

Good i love this EP, the karaoke songs and Lucky Star allusions were great!
Old 2008-12-08, 09:55   Link #45
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Nagi singing a tofu song.

Looooooooooool.

Takako singing magical girl OP.

Holy loooooooooooooool.

"Daitetsu, let's sing together!"

Holy facking loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.
Old 2008-12-08, 12:41   Link #46
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Loved the episode, but I truly felt sorry for Tsugumi. The poor thing just tries so hard, and just...

Old 2008-12-08, 12:57   Link #47
at1987

This episode is not fun as I thought maybe I know about the special guests before watching.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-08, 13:19   Link #48
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I thought Daitetsu's singing was as good as any male seiyuu I've heard, even if the song was not a genre I love. His seiyuu is a relative unknown called Hoshino Takanori, who was Van in GunxSword (which I haven't seen). He's 28, does some stage acting and play-writing, went to an arts high school and is "multi-talented," according to Japanese Wikipedia.

He has not done a huge amount of seiyuu work, but also does stage plays, movie dubbing, etc. And he has done a number of boys' love CD dramas, which puts him right there for the running gag with Jin.

His parents ran a strawberry farm, and he is sometimes called "the Strawberry Prince." He is 190cm (6'3") tall and slim and once cosplayed Van perfectly at a GunxSword event.

Here are some photos, including one of him - or someone with the same name who looks like him, lol -- in a role in a Chinese movie:

I'm taking a chance here and mentioning a new Japanese streaming site I found via 2channel. This ep was there almost immediately after broadcast. I guess it's okay to mention it, since eps of many shows seem to stay there, so it looks as if the producers are letting them stay. It's called "Parasite Stage," and sucks streams from a number of other sites:
ttp://parasitestage.net/Page/List.aspx

I used a 2channel convention and left off the "h" at the beginning of the address so you can't link directly from AnimeSuki. If there is any problem with giving the address, I don't want AS to get in trouble.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-12-08, 13:34   Link #49
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

I don't know really, maybe karaoke really is a great fun in Japan, but not in my country. So, this episode isn't funny at all, except couple of moments. Pity. But good, anyway.

7 out of 10 : Good.
Old 2008-12-08, 16:30   Link #50
SkoolRumble4Ya

That bastard Jin why didn't he notice her
Old 2008-12-08, 16:31   Link #51
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Hah, great. All of it.

Harem winner: Daitetsu. Didn't see that coming.
Old 2008-12-08, 16:44   Link #52
X207
Gamyūsa

this ep wasnt that bad, best part was jin walking into room 301 .
Old 2008-12-08, 18:15   Link #53
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

For me this was the worst of the episodes to date, I cringed all the way through the singing, ok there were some humourous moments in the character interactions esp. the Tsugumi v. Zange stuff, and Zange obviously hoping that Hakua would be able to bale her out only to find Hakua only knew nursery rhymes, but the terrible singing really made the episode a chore for me. I was hoping that Nagi would stun them with an angelic divine voice* but she was just as dire as the rest.

The opening scene was obviously copied from the Lucky Star closing sequence (c/w song), in fact for a brief moment I wondered if they might dare do the whole episode with us staring at a closed door like the Lucky Star EDs did. Actually that might have been more interesting as we would have had to imagine the scene more, and forcing us to pay much closer attention to every word of the dialogue.

*This would have been a great moment for her to sing the ED song as an insert! But no.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-12-08, 18:41   Link #54
Sides

I find this episode quite entertaining. Is it me or is there somekind of homoerotic vibe between Jin and Daitetsu, especially how the shots in that toilet scene in the was set-up.
Old 2008-12-08, 19:21   Link #55
HaZzArD
Kenpachi FTW

Send a message via AIM to HaZzArD
lawls @ lucky star part
Old 2008-12-08, 19:36   Link #56
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Nagi sang the song for supermarket advertisement and it's funny, though at first I thought she was singing an army song.
I pity Tsugumi on this episode, Jin doesn't notice she's trying her best.

And lastly. the best singer for me in this episode is Akiba (Tetsuya Kakihara's voice is pleasant to listen to).
Old 2008-12-08, 19:50   Link #57
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
That bastard Jin why didn't he notice her
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun
I pity Tsugumi on this episode, Jin doesn't notice she's trying her best.
Maybe he did, but is probably too scared or shy to actually try to get closer to her in public.

Of course, he could be just clueless about everything.
Old 2008-12-08, 20:26   Link #58
Itlandm
Porcupine

I wish Jin had stayed in room 301.
Old 2008-12-08, 20:35   Link #59
HandofFate

Tsugumi...

I really wished we got to see Shino's eyes..
Old 2008-12-08, 21:06   Link #60
ZODDGUTS

Fun episode liked seeing everybody sing and showing their personalities through it.
Closed Thread