AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 59 37.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 32.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 16.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 8.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-29, 13:46   Link #221
animeffs13240
V for Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
God is perfect; Yui isn't...Yui only becomes a guitar god when she can actually focus on guitar, at least until her attention wanes to something else; When it wanes, she reverts back to bumbling around a bit...

I don't know how Yui's mind works, nor would I like to take a psychological stab at it, but it's not as if Yui woke up one day and magically had Van Halen skills or whatever...Sure, her attention and lack of thereof is an occasional fault, but what's wrong with it? It's not as if Yui absolutely can't play guitar or anything like that, and it's obvious according to the previous episode that she has been practicing, though it's not exactly known to what extent or what she's practicing, but she's definitely not sitting on her ass doing nothing all day long...
yui's mind is an amazing thing, she has great focus but only on one thing at the time (guessing she is not a multi tasiking person) but she pratices check out whe she used to be able to play the chords.... forgot.... but she could still play that (yes you should know what i mean)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi;236 8707
Muscle memory might play a big part in it, yeh.
i don't think its really muscle memory because she has been practicing chords not leads more genetic/biological than muscle memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DidCart View Post
One thing that I noticed is that Ritsu is more like Yui than like Mio.

Probably, before meeting Yui, Ritsu was hiding her true persona because none of her friends was like`er. But when she met Yui, she slowly starts to act the way she really is.

What do you guys thing about that?
wow did you figure that out all by yourself? sry couldn't resist i agree
Old 2009-04-29, 14:03   Link #222
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Well you don't really know everything she has been practicing. Obviously they aren't showing everything she practiced.

Just a theory.
Old 2009-04-29, 14:09   Link #223
animeffs13240
V for Victory

true but my hypothesis is mio told yui to practice on chords right??? i honestly don't think yui would try to practice lead because she would just focus on chords (she has proven that she can really just focus on one thing at a time) she really wouldn't know where to start with leads....sure she has talent but not the intellect to go with it (not saying talent is useless without intellect but it helps)
Old 2009-04-29, 14:10   Link #224
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I see "slice-of-life show" used a lot lately as an excuse for lack of serious character development, however I do not think that they are mutually exclusive. Of course if K-On wants it's characters to be recognized in other ways then that's it's choice to make. I'm open to it, but I have a hard time rationalizing how there could have been any perceived upswing in character development with this episode, when the focus was clearly on other......things.
So, just because the episode caused you to focus on one aspect of its presentation, it ends up being the only thing you can see....?

Oh, wait. That sounds just like a certain girl who somehow learned how to play an 'x' chord on her guitar after a high school maths cram session.
Old 2009-04-29, 14:42   Link #225
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeffs13240 View Post
true but my hypothesis is mio told yui to practice on chords right??? i honestly don't think yui would try to practice lead because she would just focus on chords (she has proven that she can really just focus on one thing at a time) she really wouldn't know where to start with leads....sure she has talent but not the intellect to go with it (not saying talent is useless without intellect but it helps)
Fair enough, but I can't think of any other way that she could play anything she did in Ep 4
Old 2009-04-29, 14:47   Link #226
DidCart

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeffs13240 View Post
wow did you figure that out all by yourself? sry couldn't resist i agree
lol

You know... just trying to make the threat flow to another direction than "moe Mio" (don't understand me wrong, she's my favorite character), "no story progression", that kind of stuff.
Old 2009-04-29, 15:21   Link #227
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
So, just because the episode caused you to focus on one aspect of its presentation, it ends up being the only thing you can see....?

Oh, wait. That sounds just like a certain girl who somehow learned how to play an 'x' chord on her guitar after a high school maths cram session.
I've read this post like 8 times over and I still have no idea what it has to do with anything I said, nor what you are on about.

Interesting non sequitur though.
Old 2009-04-29, 16:36   Link #228
animeffs13240
V for Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
Fair enough, but I can't think of any other way that she could play anything she did in Ep 4
ever considered perfect pitch???? she just heard that lick once and played it to perfection
*except the vibrato pt*
Old 2009-04-29, 17:01   Link #229
Fran~
floating away...

Argh... come on... this is an anime, Yui will be capable to play at the same level of the rest of the band for mighty work of plotkai. That's irrelevant.

You're over analyzing it.. KyoAni just took the shortest way to make Yui capable of play with the band... they can't afford loose time making Yui learning how to play the guitar. Kyo Ani will waste the time making cute scenes, making Mio being Moe or Yui being cute, etc...

Just think about it... the whole "Yui will buy a Guitar episode" just mentioned a few lines about what guitar fits Yui, the rest was all about the friendship of the girls helping Yui to collect the money, remembering how they buyed their own instruments, even Yui choose the guitar just for how it looks!!!.

With this aspect will be the same, Yui will play magically to be at the level of the band, because everything else will be about cute aspects of the band. Even Mio's lesson about vibrato ended as a joke by Yui.... that's K-On for everybody.... 0% theory, 100% cuteness.
Old 2009-04-29, 18:39   Link #230
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

It's just that every other aspect of the show is so grounded in reality XD

I don't care no matter how they decide to make Yui super good like that, but it just seems a bit odd to me to have absolutely no reason at all other than to have an easy out.

If they did decide to make her good for no reason at all, I wish they would have made it a bit more clear. For example, any of the members of the band could have asked how she got so good etc, etc, blah blah blah. That way it would be much more obvious.

Maybe they will ask about it in a future episode. We'll see.
Old 2009-04-29, 19:14   Link #231
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
Maybe they will ask about it in a future episode. We'll see.
Don't think so, we're talking about Kyo-Ani, they will be talking about gaining weight on Xmas and such before talking how Yui was capable to play guitar in a few months
Old 2009-04-29, 19:34   Link #232
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Point made XD
Old 2009-04-29, 23:43   Link #233
Ascaloth

Quote:
I've read this post like 8 times over and I still have no idea what it has to do with anything I said, nor what you are on about.

Interesting non sequitur though.
Huh. Your Irony and Metaphor checks clearly isn't worth a damn, isn't it? -_-"
Old 2009-04-30, 00:27   Link #234
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

*munch popcorn*

Ascaloth vs K is a fun side effect on this thread as well

Anyone else want to share popcorn?

*pokes both*

Fanboy vs fanbash .. pt II.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-04-30, 00:50   Link #235
animeffs13240
V for Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Argh... come on... this is an anime, Yui will be capable to play at the same level of the rest of the band for mighty work of plotkai. That's irrelevant.

You're over analyzing it.. KyoAni just took the shortest way to make Yui capable of play with the band... they can't afford loose time making Yui learning how to play the guitar. Kyo Ani will waste the time making cute scenes, making Mio being Moe or Yui being cute, etc...

Just think about it... the whole "Yui will buy a Guitar episode" just mentioned a few lines about what guitar fits Yui, the rest was all about the friendship of the girls helping Yui to collect the money, remembering how they buyed their own instruments, even Yui choose the guitar just for how it looks!!!.

With this aspect will be the same, Yui will play magically to be at the level of the band, because everything else will be about cute aspects of the band. Even Mio's lesson about vibrato ended as a joke by Yui.... that's K-On for everybody.... 0% theory, 100% cuteness.
you are so right sry to get involved
Old 2009-04-30, 02:21   Link #236
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Not sure if this has been posted..didn't check thoroughly..

Spoiler for Moe moe...:

Old 2009-04-30, 02:53   Link #237
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
*munch popcorn*
Fanboy vs fanbash .. pt II.
Round one:
Spoiler for Combatants:

Round two:
Spoiler for Chick fight:

/popcorn and soda
Old 2009-04-30, 03:00   Link #238
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Guys...please don't egg them on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Not sure if this has been posted..didn't check thoroughly..

Spoiler for Moe moe...:

Nice shugo chara spoof

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-04-30, 04:31   Link #239
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Huh. Your Irony and Metaphor checks clearly isn't worth a damn, isn't it? -_-"
Actually I think it's as I said, I have no idea what you are on about (aside from putting words in my mouth with regard to what I focused on while watching this show that is ), but I'm starting to suspect that might be the point.

Basically here's how it is though. You can't use a metaphor to proper effect if you don't fully comprehend the situation you are attempting to describe in the first place. Though I'm not sure the metaphor makes much sense even if what you attempted to describe were actually the case, hence the non-sequitir comment. Meh, if you don't want to clarify your posts then I'm not one to force you to.
Old 2009-04-30, 06:19   Link #240
Ascaloth

Quote:
Actually I think it's as I said, I have no idea what you are on about (aside from putting words in my mouth with regard to what I focused on while watching this show that is ), but I'm starting to suspect that might be the point.

Basically here's how it is though. You can't use a metaphor to proper effect if you don't fully comprehend the situation you are attempting to describe in the first place. Though I'm not sure the metaphor makes much sense even if what you attempted to describe were actually the case, hence the non-sequitir comment. Meh, if you don't want to clarify your posts then I'm not one to force you to.
/facepalm

I know I made my descriptions vague, but I really thought you were at least smart enough to decode my comparison of you to a girl who plays 'x' chords on her guitar for what it means.

Bah, you're just boring me now. Suffice it for me to conclude that you're just intentionally using tunnel vision to focus on the "moe" parts of the show while ignoring all other aspects even when Woodchip has specifically pointed them out to you....pffft. And you wonder why I have no interest in arguing with you anymore.
Closed Thread